PDA

View Full Version : New tournament

Garvinator
26-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Does anyone want to go around again?
I wont be playing this time but am very prepared to run another cc tournament.

Garvinator
02-08-2005, 07:07 PM
look at the flood of interest :eek: :doh:

antichrist
03-09-2005, 11:24 AM
even my worse polls scored more that this response???

Altecman
01-12-2005, 11:06 AM
How does one join this tourney?

Garvinator
01-12-2005, 01:48 PM
How does one join this tourney?
wow, someone actually interested in joining a tournament hehe.

Altecman, I would need for players at least to make a tournament. I see that there are a few cc games going on at the moment, so surely three others would be willing to play.

Just get three or more players together and I will organise and run it, without playing in it myself :)

EGOR
01-12-2005, 01:53 PM
wow, someone actually interested in joining a tournament hehe.

Altecman, I would need for players at least to make a tournament. I see that there are a few cc games going on at the moment, so surely three others would be willing to play.

Just get three or more players together and I will organise and run it, without playing in it myself :)

I'll play.

Garvinator
01-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Ok we have two players now:

Altecman
Egor

Now we just require at least two more.

Frank Walker
01-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Ill play but i will finish on zero (chess dad)

Rincewind
01-12-2005, 03:52 PM
New forum created and old forum closed.

Garvinator
01-12-2005, 04:01 PM
thank you rw,

Ok we have three now:

Altecman
Egor
Frank Walker.

So one more required.

Trent Parker
02-12-2005, 01:46 AM
I think having a break was a good thing.

I'm ready to play now whereas i wasn't before.

Garvinator
02-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Ok we have four players now:

Altecman
Egor
Frank Walker
the chess nut.

So we have a tournament.

The only question is now is to agree to move rates etc. As soon as this is done I will put up the games etc.

Garvinator
02-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Is anyone who is playing in the tourament going to propose some rules, or are you going to leave up to me to decide :eek:

Others people are still welcome to join :D :cool:

Trent Parker
02-12-2005, 11:30 PM
a move every three days with an increment of two (or perhaps one) days so if people know that they are going to be away they can nominate to use some of there increment/

Usage of increments must be nominated.beforehand.

If none of this makes sense.... Its because i am currently slightly intoxicated......

Trent Parker
02-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Double round robin. only one set of games going at one time (ie a plays b first as white then afterwards as black. different from how last one was done.... )

Frank Walker
03-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Will be off in brisbane so perhaps everyone could get a break then also for the queenstown classic

EGOR
03-12-2005, 02:16 PM
What the chess nut says :)

Kerry Stead
03-12-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll be in this too ... if the 'entries' are still 'open'.
Trent, only problem with waiting for one set of games to finish before starting the other side of a DRR is that it takes a long time ...

ElevatorEscapee
03-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't mind playing in it... even though I am in the thick of it in the Ballarat Feral online Chess tourney at the moment! :D

I quite like the Feral time limit: 30 days starting time, with a 1 day increment for each move. This may not be possible to apply given the current Chesschat forum technology however.

Trent Parker
04-12-2005, 03:03 AM
OK all games run concurrently and 3 days per move with an increment of two days per move rules as per previous post. Thus If it starts soon people can save up enough time to take off for Brissy.

Careth
05-12-2005, 12:12 AM
If theres room I'll happily play.

Garvinator
05-12-2005, 12:34 AM
Ok we have seven players now:

Altecman
Egor
the chess nut
Frank Walker
Kerry Stead
Elevatorescapee
Careth

Of course with Brisbane and Queenstown coming up, there will be a more relaxed approach to the rules for move rates, especially for those who are playing in the tournaments.

I was thinking of having 3 days per move and there is some vacation/holiday time you can take. Say 14 days total. Players must indicate how much vacation/holiday they wish to take before starting it.

I would prefer to start the first half of the round robin draw, then we complete the second half later. If we play all the games at once, then the players would have 12 games on the go if we start all games at the same time.

While I am proposing a relaxed nature for move rates, the actual move rate will be enforced. Just making it clear ;) :cool:

Careth
05-12-2005, 01:05 AM
Thanks for including me ggrayggray. Probly end on 0 or 1, but it'll still be fun :P

I'll be away on this Thursday till something like this Sunday for the Secondary Schools Champs, so if games start then, I'll take some of the time from the holiday time if thats possible. Thanks :)

Garvinator
05-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks for including me ggrayggray. Probly end on 0 or 1, but it'll still be fun :P
I dont recall this tournament being designed for a battle for the wooden spoon ;)
Frank has also said that he is going to score 0 or 1. So does that mean you and Frank are going to arrange two draws and the lose to everyone else ;) If this is the case, make sure it isnt a phone draw :whistle:

Frank Walker
05-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Im just a bye, i have never won against anyone except my kids, one is rated 700 and another hates chess.

Garvinator
05-12-2005, 11:59 PM
If there is no more discussion on move rates or new people joining the new tournament, I will post the first section of pairings in 24 hours from now.

Garvinator
06-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Pairings for the first half of the double round robin draw are going up now.

I hope that all seven players enjoy their games.

No Name

1. ALTECMAN,
2. CARETH,
3. EGOR,
4. ELEVATORESCAPEE,
5. FRANK WALKER,
6. KERRY STEAD,
7. THE CHESS NUT,

Garvinator
06-12-2005, 10:25 PM
and we are off and running, the first half of the tournament has been posted. Everyone can start their games :D

ElevatorEscapee
06-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Um, ok ggray, this may seem like a bit of stupid Q... but where do I go from here to find the games? :)

Garvinator
06-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Um, ok ggray, this may seem like a bit of stupid Q... but where do I go from here to find the games? :)
do you see the options above?
ie chess chat forum- general chess- correspondence matches- chess chat tournament 2- new tournament.

Click on chess chat tournament 2 and you will see 21 games listed.

Garvinator
07-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Hello moderators,

Can this thread and the thread with the cross table be labelled as important so they dont get lost in the shuffle of the games and buried near the bottom regularly?

Trent Parker
07-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Hello moderators,

Can this thread and the thread with the cross table be labelled as important so they dont get lost in the shuffle of the games and buried near the bottom regularly?

Done!

Garvinator
08-12-2005, 09:16 PM
I have private messaged Altecman to inform him that the tournament has begun and given the link location.

Garvinator
08-12-2005, 10:13 PM
every game is off and running :clap:

EGOR
14-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Hi ggrayggray,
As you seem to have noticed, I have two games that are a bit slow moving on the part of my opponant. am I supposed to do something, or will they just forfeit?

Garvinator
14-12-2005, 12:49 AM
Hi ggrayggray,
As you seem to have noticed, I have two games that are a bit slow moving on the part of my opponant. am I supposed to do something, or will they just forfeit?
i am being a bit lenient, but if there is no move in 24 hours from now, then I will start looking into it.

Rhubarb
14-12-2005, 01:21 AM
i am being a bit lenient, but if there is no move in 24 hours from now, then I will start looking into it.
you are a human being, garvin

Garvinator
14-12-2005, 01:24 AM
you are a human being, garvin
stop these vicious claims. I dont like it :hand: I have a reputation to defend :whistle: and uphold ;)

Trent Parker
14-12-2005, 02:20 AM
Sorry guys i've been either busy or sick the last coupla days.

Kerry Stead
17-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Guys, I'm heading home to visit the family for a few days ... not sure if I'll be online or not, so my games may be on hold for a few days.

ElevatorEscapee
17-12-2005, 05:42 PM
No worries as far as I'm concerned Kerry, enjoy your holiday! :D

Yoshimi
17-12-2005, 06:00 PM

May I please play

Garvinator
17-12-2005, 07:14 PM
May I please play
I am sorry Yoshimi but the tournament has already started. There are seven players and everyone is playing each other twice. I have only put up the first of two round robin pairings (21 games in the first half) and will put up the second half later when most of the first half is completed.

If you still want to play when it gets closer to time for the start of the second half, i might be able to add you to the list as player eight if there are NO objections from anyone else.

Can you please send me a pm saying who you are, so I just have some idea who I am talking to please :uhoh:

ElevatorEscapee
17-12-2005, 08:18 PM
There is a second half? :eek:

Garvinator
17-12-2005, 08:28 PM
There is a second half? :eek:
yes, it is double round robin :) The second half you are kicking into the wind ;)

From post 22 by myself:

Ok we have seven players now:

Altecman
Egor
the chess nut
Frank Walker
Kerry Stead
Elevatorescapee
Careth

Of course with Brisbane and Queenstown coming up, there will be a more relaxed approach to the rules for move rates, especially for those who are playing in the tournaments.

I was thinking of having 3 days per move and there is some vacation/holiday time you can take. Say 14 days total. Players must indicate how much vacation/holiday they wish to take before starting it.

I would prefer to start the first half of the round robin draw, then we complete the second half later. If we play all the games at once, then the players would have 12 games on the go if we start all games at the same time.

While I am proposing a relaxed nature for move rates, the actual move rate will be enforced. Just making it clear

and post 27, also by myself:

Pairings for the first half of the double round robin draw are going up now.

I hope that all seven players enjoy their games.

No Name

1. ALTECMAN,
2. CARETH,
3. EGOR,
4. ELEVATORESCAPEE,
5. FRANK WALKER,
6. KERRY STEAD,
7. THE CHESS NUT,

Frank Walker
19-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Not available from 27 Dec to 14 Jan

Garvinator
19-12-2005, 07:44 PM
understood, thank you for telling me here :clap: :clap:

Altecman
24-12-2005, 06:58 PM
I am also not avaliable from Dec 27 - Jan 14th BE IN BRISBANE lol i might move if i can get on a comp over those weeks

Garvinator
24-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I am also not avaliable from Dec 27 - Jan 14th BE IN BRISBANE lol i might move if i can get on a comp over those weeks
there are quite a few internet cafes near the playing venue.

Garvinator
24-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I am sorry Yoshimi but the tournament has already started. There are seven players and everyone is playing each other twice. I have only put up the first of two round robin pairings (21 games in the first half) and will put up the second half later when most of the first half is completed.

If you still want to play when it gets closer to time for the start of the second half, i might be able to add you to the list as player eight if there are NO objections from anyone else.

Can you please send me a pm saying who you are, so I just have some idea who I am talking to please :uhoh:

Regarding Yoshimi,

I asked for a pm, it hasnt been forcoming and I dont see him on the members list. Therefore application to join the tournament is denied for now.

I have also been asked by another regular poster to join the tournament. I am asking if there is any objection from the current players. Please pm if there is an objection.

If I havent recieved any objections by Jan 1st. I will add the new player and their first set of six games.

After a few days thought, I am going to start each persons return game with their opponent soon after they have finished the first game.

These will be put up soon :) It is an effort to get this tournament completed as soon as possible.

tassie_4
24-12-2005, 09:18 PM
can i play in the next tourney?

Garvinator
24-12-2005, 09:48 PM
can i play in the next tourney?
you can, not sure when it will be though. Could be a few months.

tassie_4
25-12-2005, 09:43 AM
ok ill be here

Trent Parker
02-01-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm brissy bound for a week might not be able to play my games.

And not playing my games until pgn is back up.....I use it alot.

Garvinator
02-01-2006, 09:11 AM

yeah thats fine. I think it applies to most of the players in the tournament too.

ElevatorEscapee
14-01-2006, 10:48 AM
For those interested, there is a possible stopgap solution in the hopefully short period before the pgn uploader comes back: ie downloading a stand-alone, freeware/shareware pgn viewer to display your games in.

I downloaded Winboard last night (from the Chesskit site!), and it works ok with WinXP, however it isn't quite as user friendly as one might hope.

Basically, you have to copy the text of the game moves to Notepad, save it as a text file with a .pgn extension (instead of .txt), and then open the file with Winboard. Once you have done this however, you can move the pieces about on the screen to analyse, or you can simply enter the next move and save the updated file.

Note this isn't a computer chess playing program, so theire isn't any risk of accidental silicon assistance.

The program was about 2-3 MB download and can be found here:
http://www.chesskit.com/software/download.php

You may be able to find a smaller, better, and easier to use pgn viewer that is more appropriate for your computer settings, but this one works ok for me.

Hope that is of some help to someone. :-)

Careth
14-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Hehe, had a look around chesskit.com, and in the training page they have "Annotated games from the Australian Open 2003. IM Zong-Yuan Zhao annotates top board games". Thats pretty specky.

ElevatorEscapee
14-01-2006, 04:10 PM
The game EE v Careth just completed, would one of the moderators kindly rename the thread?

PS Garvin: There seem to be only a handful of us consistently moving at the moment (Kerry, Careth, EGOR & myself), due to (i) the Aussie Championships, and (ii) the lack of PGN uploader.

In the interests of getting the tournament finished swiftly, would it be ok if those of us who are still posting and have finished our games in Round 1, start our Round 2 games (colours reversed)?

Cheers,

EE :-)

Careth
14-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, Frank Walker gave his reason in post number 46 of this thread,

Altecman I havent seen online for ages.

Garvinator
14-01-2006, 06:04 PM
I will put up the return games later tonight.

Regarding players having stopped playing their games, I have given a large grace period due to Australian Championships and Queenstown. Also with the pgn uploader being down, this hasnt helped.

I will start awarding forfeits etc on February 1.

ElevatorEscapee
14-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I will put up the return games later tonight.

Thanks Garv :-)

Regarding players having stopped playing their games, I have given a large grace period due to Australian Championships and Queenstown. Also with the pgn uploader being down, this hasnt helped.

Well, that seems a little arbitrary... (and there are couple of games I am keen on completing with play). If you wish to do this, then I would feel more comfortable if you were to send a warning PM/email now to each player involved in the tournament, to let them know about the Feb 1 deadline. :)

Garvinator
14-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, that seems a little arbitrary
funny for an arbiter ; )

Garvinator
14-01-2006, 07:11 PM
If you wish to do this, then I would feel more comfortable if you were to send a warning PM/email now to each player involved in the tournament, to let them know about the Feb 1 deadline. :)
will do tomorrow : )

Garvinator
14-01-2006, 09:37 PM
The reverse colour games are out for those who have finished their first round games.

Garvinator
17-01-2006, 02:21 PM
I have moved the discussion of conditional moves to here so it doesnt potentially interrupt the Egor v Elevatorescapee game.

Why?
A conditional move is fine in the following scenario:

You play your move and your opponent only has one legal move available, then you can just give your move, your opponents move and your next move and get on with the game.

The reason why I asked for conditional moves to not be suggested is that it assumes the opponents move when the opponents move 'may' not be obvious.

While it may seem helpful to offer a conditional move to help speed up play, there are more things to consider than just the speed of play.

As has been shown in one of the games so far, the conditional move sequence was not taken by the opponent who ended up playing a different move entirely.

I would just like to see each player make their own moves in reply to their opponents, with the exception of only one legal move available.

Would it be ok to offer conditional moves in an over-the-board tournament?
As a tournament game I'm guessing that tournament rules apply and that it'a against the rules.
Some might consider it intimidation.

While conditional moves are not ok in otb chess, it is also not ok in otb chess to move pieces on another board, consult opening books/cds etc. Also are you recording your moves on a scoresheet in this tournament?

Most tournament rules dont apply to cc and I have been fairly relaxed up to this point. Someone lying scoundrel ; ) even suggested I was being human : P .

I certainly dont think anyone was trying to be intimidatory or anything of the like. Was just asking that conditional moves not be offered, except in the above scenario, just so that the other player can make whatever move they want to, without the feeling of being second guessed.

EGOR
17-01-2006, 02:35 PM
I certainly dont think anyone was trying to be intimidatory or anything of the like. Was just asking that conditional moves not be offered, except in the above scenario, just so that the other player can make whatever move they want to, without the feeling of being second guessed.
I wasn't suggesting that anyone was, I thought some people might take it that way. I Didn't mind the offering of a conditional move, but I agree with your reasons for them not to be offered.:)

ElevatorEscapee
17-01-2006, 06:59 PM
While conditional moves are not ok in otb chess, it is also not ok in otb chess to move pieces on another board, consult opening books/cds etc. Also are you recording your moves on a scoresheet in this tournament?

You fail to mention is that the offering conditional moves is not only perfectly ok in correspondence chess, but common practice!

Would it be ok to offer conditional moves in an over-the-board tournament?
As a tournament game I'm guessing that tournament rules apply and that it'a against the rules.
Some might consider it intimidation.

Offering of conditional moves has been legal in correspondence chess tournaments for many years, including the Australian Correspondence Chess Championship, and alone the World Correspondence Chess Championships.

I can understand how someone who has only played "over the board chess" and has never played postal correspondence chess may object to the offering of conditional moves.

As always, up to the player as to which moves he or she wishes to play. If the player's opponent elects one or two legal moves to place a conditional response to, then it is the player's opponent who is obliged to follow that particular response, the player him/herself is not obliged to initiate that continuation.

Sometimes a player will choose to play his/her opponent's conditional move, sometimes he/she will prefer another continuation. Always, it is the player's choice.

Personally, I have always considered it an advantage of sorts to me if my opponent offered a conditional move (ie: I know for certain how my opponent is going to respond if I play this particular move... and can analyse it with a little more certainty and decide if that continuation is best for me).

Were I playing the very same games that I have during "Correspondence Matches . Chess Chat Tournament #2" via postal chess, then I would have offered the very same conditional moves that I have during these games (and probably a few more conditionals in the openings to save on postage as well!)

However, I also accept that the "correspondence chess" played via posting on an internet site is different to postal correspondence chess, and as such, may need to develop it's own set of rules.

For the remainder this tournament, I will follow the direction of the arbiter, and refrain from posting any more conditional moves.

~ EE

Garvinator
17-01-2006, 07:26 PM
You fail to mention is that the offering conditional moves is not only perfectly ok in correspondence chess, but common practice!

Offering of conditional moves has been legal in correspondence chess tournaments for many years, including the Australian Correspondence Chess Championship, and alone the World Correspondence Chess Championships.

I can understand how someone who has only played "over the board chess" and has never played postal correspondence chess may object to the offering of conditional moves.

As always, up to the player as to which moves he or she wishes to play. If the player's opponent elects one or two legal moves to place a conditional response to, then it is the player's opponent who is obliged to follow that particular response, the player him/herself is not obliged to initiate that continuation.

Sometimes a player will choose to play his/her opponent's conditional move, sometimes he/she will prefer another continuation. Always, it is the player's choice.

Personally, I have always considered it an advantage of sorts to me if my opponent offered a conditional move (ie: I know for certain how my opponent is going to respond if I play this particular move... and can analyse it with a little more certainty and decide if that continuation is best for me).

Were I playing the very same games that I have during "Correspondence Matches . Chess Chat Tournament #2" via postal chess, then I would have offered the very same conditional moves that I have during these games (and probably a few more conditionals in the openings to save on postage as well!)

However, I also accept that the "correspondence chess" played via posting on an internet site is different to postal correspondence chess, and as such, may need to develop it's own set of rules.

For the remainder this tournament, I will follow the direction of the arbiter, and refrain from posting any more conditional moves.

~ EE

I am going to throw myself on the sword and say that I didnt know any of this about real correspondence chess. I have never played postal chess and so wasnt aware of it.

I had just used my best judgement in thinking what was going to be best for each party.

If there is another cc tournament in the future, maybe this can be allowed, if the players want it.

ElevatorEscapee
25-01-2006, 05:12 PM
02-01-2006 08:59 AM

02-01-2006 10:11 AM

yeah thats fine. I think it applies to most of the players in the tournament too.

14-01-2006 07:04 PM

With only 6 more days to go until the Feb 1 deadline, will the PGN uploader be back up by then? (According to the site owner, the PGN uploader will take "some reprogramming.")

Will the chess nut forfeit all his currently active games if the PGN uploader hasn't been reprogrammed, and he hasn't made a move in them by then? (Or is he currently playing in Queenstown, and thus, perhaps, subject to a longer period of grace?)

Garvinator
25-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Will the chess nut forfeit all his currently active games if the PGN uploader hasn't been reprogrammed, and he hasn't made a move in them by then? (Or is he currently playing in Queenstown, and thus, perhaps, subject to a longer period of grace?)
enquiries are being made and this matter is being attended to.

Trent Parker
25-01-2006, 06:25 PM

Forfeit me if you wish.....

ElevatorEscapee
25-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, I would personally prefer to finish playing my first round game against the chess nut, as I think it has reached an interesting stage.

the chess nut Are you sure you wouldn't wish to try using the Winboard PGN playing program as a stop gap measure if the uploader isn't reprogrammed prior to the cutoff?

Now that I have started using it, I find it much easier to use than when I first started using it... and it is definitely much easier than setting up the pieces on a board and playing through every move for each game, and (hopefully) reaching the position after my opponent's last move.

Please send me a PM if you would like some detailed instructions on how to use it (it isn't necessarily intuitive).

Cheers,

~EE :)

EGOR
27-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm away in the Port Stephen's area for two weeks (Jan. 30 till Feb 12). It's work, not pleasure, sadly.:(
I'll try to keep up to pace with my games, but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get online.

Garvinator
30-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Well, I would personally prefer to finish playing my first round game against the chess nut, as I think it has reached an interesting stage.

the chess nut Are you sure you wouldn't wish to try using the Winboard PGN playing program as a stop gap measure if the uploader isn't reprogrammed prior to the cutoff?

Now that I have started using it, I find it much easier to use than when I first started using it... and it is definitely much easier than setting up the pieces on a board and playing through every move for each game, and (hopefully) reaching the position after my opponent's last move.

Please send me a PM if you would like some detailed instructions on how to use it (it isn't necessarily intuitive).

Cheers,

~EE :)

Is there any reply to this at all?

Careth
11-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Hey guys, sorry about not playing moves the past week now I've looked back. I forgot about this because of school studies. I'd still like to play, but I wont have as much time to play my moves as during the holidays. Though, by the rules placed on the games, if you wish for me to forfeit the point due to late reply, please just post here. Sorry for taking your time. Thank you everybody for the good games.:P

ElevatorEscapee
12-02-2006, 07:19 AM
Is there any reply to this at all?
Not as of yet...

================================================== ======

Hi Careth, somehow I think that you may not be the only one who moves a little slowly in this tournament. ;)

I have found the Winboard pgn viewer program (mentioned above) to be a great time saver for me.

One of the things that I found most time consuming about these online games was physically setting up the position on a chess board for each game after every move. (Normally I would start from the opening to be sure I got it right, which meant that as the games progressed, it took longer and longer to set up! :lol: )

The beauty of the Winboard pgn viewer is that it lets you save the game up to the last move without having to set up the position each time. :) What makes it a little better than the old pgn uploader is that it also allows you to "edit" the game by making potential moves on the screen with the mouse.

Now, instead of taking, say, half an hour to make moves on three different games, I can consider moves with the same depth of analysis in a fraction of the time. Anyway, just thought it might save you some time in the long run. :)

Garvinator
14-02-2006, 04:47 PM
It looks like we will not be having the pgn viewer back for a while, therefore I am withdrawing the chess nut from the tournament. Therefore results shall only be considered from the remaining six players.

Careth, when are you likely to be able to return to finishing your games?

Careth
14-02-2006, 05:45 PM
I should be able to play them- EE, could you please post the site for WinBoard?

ElevatorEscapee
16-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi Careth, I have already done so here. Please refer to post #56 of this thread. :)

This is the link to the link: ;)

http://www.chesskit.com/software/download.php

Actually, it's not a direct link, rather a link from Karthik Rajendran's old "Chesskit.com" site, which is what this site used to be called long before we both joined.

"Winboard" is the program you are after, (it's about 2-3 MB, so donwloadable at 56k in an hour or so).

It is reasonably simple to come to grips with, however it is not necessarily intuitive if you don't have any experience dealing with DOS based pgn/text files, etc, so please feel free to private message me if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help out. (That goes for anyone else reading this too!) :D

ElevatorEscapee
23-03-2006, 07:25 PM
[Directed to some fellow competitors]: ok, so chess isn't your game aye? How about a game of draughts, reversi, snap? I know how to play them all! ;) Come on! Bring it on! All comers who have not yet completed your chess games against me! Why not try for a showdown in the Arcade Challenge arena of this site? Who's up for Space Invaders? Asteroids? Tetris? Come on! Your highest score against my highest score! We both agree on the final result and it be placed in the cross table!

Anybody "man" enough to take on this challenge? :lol:

Garvinator
24-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Tournament is now finished as no one is continuing their games.

EGOR
24-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Tournament is now finished as no one is continuing their games.
I want to continue, but I'm not getting replies to my moves.:boohoo:

Garvinator
25-03-2006, 12:42 AM
I want to continue, but I'm not getting replies to my moves.:boohoo:
on the 1st April, I will go through the games and sort out what is what and who is actually continuing their games. Players who arent will be forfeited and the tournament if it is nobody.

I think April 1st is appropriate;)

ElevatorEscapee
16-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Well, Altecman kept it alive for a month or so with a couple of 'teasing' posts, but I suspect that it is well and truly now past time to put this one to bed. What say you Garvin?

Garvinator
16-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, Altecman kept it alive for a month or so with a couple of 'teasing' posts, but I suspect that it is well and truly now past time to put this one to bed. What say you Garvin?
Agreed, have pulled out the machine gun and assassinated this poor tournament.

No Name Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 KERRY STEAD, 11.5 * 1.5 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0
2 ELEVATORESCAPEE, 10.5 .5 * 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0
3 ALTECMAN, 8.0 0.0 0.0 * 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0
4 CARETH, 6.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 * 2.0 2.0 2.0
5 EGOR, 4.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 * 2.0 2.0
6 FRANK WALKER, 2.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 * 2.0
7 THE CHESS NUT, 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 *

EGOR
17-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Do you think that they'll be another one soon?:whistle:

Garvinator
18-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Do you think that they'll be another one soon?:whistle:
I might consider running another one when the pgn viewer is restored:eek:

EGOR
07-08-2006, 09:08 AM
I might consider running another one when the pgn viewer is restored:eek:
The pgn viewer is restored,:D any chance of a new tournament?

Garvinator
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
The pgn viewer is restored,:D any chance of a new tournament?
If there is enough genuine interest, then of course.

EGOR
07-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok, calling for expressions of interest in being part of CC Tournament No. 3.
Please just post yourself on this thread if you want to enter.

Entries so far

EGOR
:D

Phil Bourke
17-10-2006, 01:17 AM
Count me in, so long as entry includes instructions on how to use the PGN viewer :)

Garvinator
17-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Count me in, so long as entry includes instructions on how to use the PGN viewer :)
There is already a tournament going on- it is almost completed: http://www.chesschat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73