PDA

View Full Version : How much the Warney divorce settlement?

antichrist
26-06-2005, 10:09 AM
The eggshell of the Warney marriage has finally crumbled.

How much will Simone get?

Confidential poll with only one vote

Mods can you open the period of the poll as long as possible as could take 2 years!

Mods can you include in optons "she deserves everything"

bergil
26-06-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't Know and don't care, but she deserves plenty

auriga
27-06-2005, 11:31 AM
what's warneys net worth??
(must be in a back issue of brw or somewhere)

she diserves 50% of that.

Lucena
27-06-2005, 12:58 PM
What do people reckon about this?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=4502

antichrist
27-06-2005, 02:28 PM
What do people reckon about this?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=4502

Image how those West Indians and Pakis will be sledging Warney now - about getting at his missus and that his missus' next kid will be brown. And Mr 50% etc.

Trent Parker
27-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Mods can you open the period of the poll as long as possible as could take 2 years!Done

Mods can you include in optons "she deserves everything"done

antichrist
27-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Done

done
thanks very much

PHAT
27-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Waarrrrrrrnie? A piece of crap. I voted that she get the lot.

ursogr8
27-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Waarrrrrrrnie? A piece of crap. I voted that she get the lot.

Wow.
Radical.

I wonder what effect it would have on the future committment behaviour of elite sportsmen and entertainers?

Perhaps Warnie should have got his Business Manager to write a Pre-nup. back in 1996, prior to Warnie marrying Simone.

At least leave him with his collection of St Kilda scarves and beanies? ;)

starter

antichrist
27-06-2005, 04:17 PM
What about the family dog?

I am not sure if pre-nups held up at that time?

Mike Jagger's escape route was a classic.

Aaron Bellette
27-06-2005, 04:49 PM
What about the family dog?
Hopefully they don't insist on a 50:50 split! :eek:

AB

PHAT
27-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Wow.
Radical.

I wonder what effect it would have on the future committment behaviour of elite sportsmen and entertainers?

The no-fault divorce is a load of crap. Every normal person on earth knows that. The 50:50 no-fault split is a total cop-out on the part of the judiciary and the politicians who are too pissweek to call a wrong doer a wrong doer.

Wife bashers, cheats (who get caught), problem gamblers, hopeless unemployable drunkards, male and female, bastards and bitches - all should be put on notice that if they don't shape up, their spouse can take the lot.

Why so severe? Because the pain and tragedy of a crap family should not be excused. I heard it said that for us in the first world, the only real problems in life are those that cannot be fixed with money. So, those who who create personal hells than finacial hells are worse than thieves or vandals.

Waaarrrrnie. Bastard. How can he sleep at night with his wife's decade of public humiliations over his appauling phillanderaing. I say, he can sleep on water bed of his children's tears. Bastard.

arosar
27-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Pre nups are bloody stupid. You should marry for love with the idea that you grow old together.

AR

antichrist
27-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Pre nups are bloody stupid. You should marry for love with the idea that you grow old together.

AR

that's bieng idealistic.

I felt sorry for Rod Stewart. When young he tossed up between a football players or singer. So he stays home and watches too much footie on TV and gets divorced for it. He gets hit for $70M. Well his missus knew before marrying him that he was a footie fantastic. Leaves him poorish so he must begin touring again at about 65 years old. Not fair.

Marrying for love is dangerous anytime. When I put up a poll up about it here I was about the only who believed in true love.

arosar
27-06-2005, 11:27 PM
...I was about the only who believed in true love.

Well, I do.

AR

Aaron Bellette
28-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Well, I do.
Me too! ;)

AB

Bereaved
28-06-2005, 03:14 PM
For Richer, for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
Through the good and the bad times
For as long as we both shall live,
and until death do us part,
So help me God, Amen

Why is this such a puzzle to people?

Divorce is far too readily available and too frequently engaged in; Marry in Haste, Divorce in Haste?

Shane, it is called a trouser Snake with good reason, it lives in there unless you are with your wife; anything other is forbidden fruit...

all the best, Macavity

antichrist
28-06-2005, 03:51 PM
For Richer, for poorer,
In sickness and in health,
Through the good and the bad times
For as long as we both shall live,
and until death do us part,
So help me God, Amen

Why is this such a puzzle to people?

Divorce is far too readily available and too frequently engaged in; Marry in Haste, Divorce in Haste?

Shane, it is called a trouser Snake with good reason, it lives in there unless you are with your wife; anything other is forbidden fruit...

all the best, Macavity

Well the trouble is Mac that people "fall" out of love etc, plus money pressures and people get bored with same bod in bed etc. People mature differently.

But if you want certainty in life and avoid all this - marry a traditional Lebo. Divorce will never be thought of, they don't have the vices blah blah The only trouble is that they almost 100% marry in. And if insufficient brides over here they go each summer back to the old country and harvest the new growth over there.

And if you try to walk out of the marriage her brothers will bash you until you stay - take that as a warning.

pax
28-06-2005, 04:51 PM

An all to easy homily, but it is rarely that simple. You criticise Shane for his infidelity, yet the above makes it look as though the 'divorce' is Simone's fault.

Higher divorce rates are not automatically a bad thing.

Today, women do not have to put up with physical abuse, verbal abuse, infidelity. Men and women are not forced to remain in unhappy marriages because society cannot cope with divorce. One could argue that the availability of divorce is a strong disincentive to infidelity - if you cheat and get caught, you might lose your wife, your children and a lot of money.

This is hardly a case of divorce in haste. Shane has had chance after chance after chance. So she's leaving him, and good on her. If this was 1950, she might well be forced to close hers eyes while he went on rogering everything that moved.

Bereaved
28-06-2005, 05:36 PM
To the gallery,
Let us consider the lily... No but seriously,it is more of a general comment in that instance mentioning haste than the specifics of this particular situation.

It is just that the regularity with which these sorts of events are related in the media among the ""Stars"" and in fact there incidence within the general community as becoming the norm rather than the exception.

God does not expect people to stand by and be hurt, nor people to hurt others. It is not now, nor never been my contention that a marriage involving gross physical, emotional or psychological abuse is a worthwhile place/state in which to live out the rest of one's days.

I feel however that as part of a general opinion in society is to abandon ship on a marriage the moment the water gets rough, or they get bored with each other. The choice of the person one marries should accordingly be based on the realistic notion that as we are biological beings and experince organic changes through the effects of time and emotional effects through the events in our world, and as such we should be aware that we change as individuals and hopefully be able to grow in love together not apart

We would hope to keep someone's love should we change something about ourselves, heaven forbid that we do not extend to them the same privilege?

I just think that perhaps the choices leading to marriage in some people may not be as well planned as some, being influenced by either societal (greater), familial or even peer influences. Perhaps even sadder still is the point I am defending "Marry in haste, divorce in haste" is in fact a modernisation of "Marry in Haste, Repent in leisure" which was an advocation to be sure who you married was the right person, and coined in an era where the thought or possibility of divorce was basically not considered.

That degree of forethought is perhaps absent from more spheres than this alone in our world today...

If the principle of loving one another as I have loved you were applied, then an issue such as this would never have arisen as in that case should Shane have truly shown his love for Simone and the marriage vow they shared, he would have not hurt her so much as to cause her to take this step, nor in fact undertaken the actions that caused this hurt.

But hey, it is very easy for me to stand here on the heights throwing rocks; I'd like to think that they along with everybody else is actually doing the best they can, so as such I'll leave you all to emote about shane, and I'll beam off to another thread

take care all and God Bless,
Macavity

Libby
28-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I thought his biographer had it about right when he was quoted the other day in saying "Shane had been a single man all his married life."

I can't imagine why she stayed with him but I've had friends make the immensely naiive comment themselves "I thought it would be different after we got married."

HELLO? :doh:

I'm not exactly sure how any half-witted girl can miss the obvious signs sent out by the guy who can't keep it in his pants. :wall: Some may exhibit some subtlety but I've worked with, and met, plenty who have the "married/partnered but totally available" signals running hot & strong.

PHAT
28-06-2005, 05:49 PM
And if you try to walk out of the marriage her brothers will bash you until you stay - take that as a warning.

I like that idea! Family enforcing social justice - because the law cannot.

Bereaved
28-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I guess the Cake is only meant as a single serve issue, and it is a one way transaction. But yes, there are many in the world who espouse ( I'm so sorry!!)
that particular viewpoint, and sometimes the eating is not so good,nor the puddings proof,
all the best, God Bless, Macavity

antichrist
28-06-2005, 06:02 PM
I guess the Cake is only meant as a single serve issue, and it is a one way transaction. But yes, there are many in the world who espouse ( I'm so sorry!!)
that particular viewpoint, and sometimes the eating is not so good,nor the puddings proof,
all the best, God Bless, Macavity

Listen Macavity, maybe God is getting peed off with you yelling out to him all the time - like nagging wives. Imagine a billion people saying "God Bless" a dozen times a day, God would be doing nothing else all day but blessing people, would get RSI and suffer burnout. Even I am starting to feel sorry for him.

Bereaved
28-06-2005, 06:07 PM
That is so kind of you to consider God's feelings!!, Bless you A/C!! :lol: :lol: :clap:

Take care and God Bless,
Macavity

Aaron Bellette
28-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Listen Macavity, maybe God is getting peed off with you yelling out to him all the time - like nagging wives. Imagine a billion people saying "God Bless" a dozen times a day, God would be doing nothing else all day but blessing people, would get RSI and suffer burnout. Even I am starting to feel sorry for him.
Maybe He might set up a call centre... "Hello, you have reached God. Your call is important to us - please hold and one of the Trinity will get to you as soon as possible." Either that or He will go automated! :doh:

AB

PHAT
28-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Today, women do not have to put up with physical abuse, verbal abuse, infidelity.
They did not have to in 1950 either, but they often did. Guess what, in 2005 they don't have to, but they often do. Now, lucky us, we can divorce instead of fixing/coping with the problems that beset normal human relations.

Pax, divorce should be a last resort not an escape clause.

Men and women are not forced to remain in unhappy marriages because society cannot cope with divorce.

No, we choose to make the marriage happy or unhappy. Once a couple stop trying to be nice/good/decent to one another. they become unhappy. If the fault is on one side - his or hers - the other must force the other to behave. That force can come in many many forms - a whole topic in itself.

One could argue that the availability of divorce is a strong disincentive to infidelity - if you cheat and get caught, you might lose your wife, your children and a lot of money. "There is no man more unhappy than a man with an unhappy wife." Divorce is not needed as a consequence.

If this was 1950, she might well be forced to close hers eyes while he went on rogering everything that moved.
In the 1950s it wouldn't have been all through the papers. It is the public humiliation she has endured that is the final straw.

Shane has had chance after chance after chance. So she's leaving him, and good on her. "Good on her"? Maybe. I ask what was wrong with her that she didn't cut his balls off the first time. Jeez, it is her reponsability to pull him into line and make aware that if it happens again his life won't be worth living.

As an aside, any bloke who gets caught should be put through the ringer for being caught. If he is going to stray he has the absolute responsibility to never be found out by anyone.

PHAT
28-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I can't imagine why she stayed with him but I've had friends make the immensely naiive comment themselves "I thought it would be different after we got married."

HELLO? :doh: .

Ditto.

But then again, I know some who have found to their chagrin that they did change ... into a less than acceptable partner.

In life, there are no garrentees. So, caviet emptor.

antichrist
30-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Simone is going to sue author Paul Barry for alleging Warnie had 1,000 lovers - she feels degraded about the allegation that she shared him with 999 other lovers.

antichrist
18-01-2011, 02:23 PM
well we were told for awhile that the story would have a happy ending, Warne had bought a house very closeby to be near his children, and he and Simone were together again.

But alass he was caught afterwards with LIz Hurley while in pommieland.

I respect him for staying very close to his children and treasuring his fatherhood despite all else

Desmond
18-01-2011, 02:25 PM
But alass he was caught afterwards with LIz Hurley while in pommieland.What can you say, the guy's a champion.