PDA

View Full Version : Who are you? [bumped]

antichrist
23-06-2005, 09:53 AM
That pseudo-intellectual Kaitlin and Rincewind reakon to ask the question "Who are you?" is sensible.

Whereas I maintain it is time-wasting navel-gazing by people often with too much time on their hands and who has psych problems.

You be the judge.

this is a confidential poll with only one vote

Trent Parker
23-06-2005, 10:11 AM
:hmm: eeny meeny miney moe....

Aaron Bellette
23-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I incorporate the "Who am I?" question into my spiritual time. Otherwise, I am at work, playing Chess, or spending time with my family (read: keeping my young daughter out of mischief! ;) )

AB

antichrist
23-06-2005, 10:54 AM
I incorporate the "Who am I?" question into my spiritual time. Otherwise, I am at work, playing Chess, or spending time with my family (read: keeping my young daughter out of mischief! ;) )

AB

Deus Ex Machina - does this anything to do with it?

You mean I am missing out on spiritual time as well. I should sue my parents.

AFter seeing the poll results I may have to adopt you as my guru to mend my "who am I" ego

Gaud almghty, we are being overrun by new agers.

jenni
23-06-2005, 03:42 PM
I really think you can't be black and white about this sort of thing. Personally, with 3 kids, a business, a big chess admin commitment, an even bigger reading commitment and occasionally even a social life, I don't have too much time for this sort of question.

However having people who reflect on this sort of thing is a part of any civilised society. It is why for thousands of years writers, artists etc have been supported even when their "commercial" worth to the community is minimal.

antichrist
23-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I really think you can't be black and white about this sort of thing. Personally, with 3 kids, a business, a big chess admin commitment, an even bigger reading commitment and occasionally even a social life, I don't have too much time for this sort of question.

However having people who reflect on this sort of thing is a part of any civilised society. It is why for thousands of years writers, artists etc have been supported even when their "commercial" worth to the community is minimal.

On the chessboard with my knights I make something out of nothing (esp in my younger day), on the BB I also make something out of nothing (this thread and nodding off threads), but I have yet to see any benefit come from asking "who am I?".

I guess my strong personality has no pschological weaknesses so I can't stand religionists and people having trouble with their own identity.

I can't imagine Winston Churchill, with the enemy forces bearing down on England, asking "who am I?".

Aaron Bellette
23-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Deus Ex Machina - does this anything to do with it?

You mean I am missing out on spiritual time as well. I should sue my parents.

AFter seeing the poll results I may have to adopt you as my guru to mend my "who am I" ego

Gaud almghty, we are being overrun by new agers.
Firstly, New Ager I'm certainly not :naughty: just a happy family man who sometimes gets delusions of grandeur about his Chess ability :lol:

Secondly, Deus Ex is one of my favourite computer games (as is its follow-up). From memory, I think it won Game of the Year a few years back. First person UN/secret world government/area 51/Illuminati/etc. type of game. Very cool! :cool:

Thirdly, despite having briefly done Psychiatry, guru material I ain't! ;)

AB

Kaitlin
23-06-2005, 09:19 PM
I put "no"..... cause I already know who you are :P hehe

Lucena
23-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Actually that reminds me... Kaitlin. Who are you? I am not aware of you having given any credible clues to your identity. My personal suspicion is you are probably a middle-aged man, and I will continue to hold this view until tangible evidence to the contrary is presented :rambo:

Lucena
23-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Hmm, you're speechless, now that your cover's blown. Just as I thought... :smoker:

Kaitlin
23-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Actually that reminds me... Kaitlin. Who are you? I am not aware of you having given any credible clues to your identity. My personal suspicion is you are probably a middle-aged man, and I will continue to hold this view until tangible evidence to the contrary is presented :rambo:

I am 25.. no 27 and I have a lik a new car but not a Ford and I have a goatie beard and Im like the Day Manager at this place I work at and Im super good at chess so if your a bit good you might have played me a few games and and I live next door to the person who lives next door to you. You only get three guess ok :)

antichrist
23-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I am 25.. no 27 and I have a lik a new car but not a Ford and I have a goatie beard and Im like the Day Manager at this place I work at and Im super good at chess so if your a bit good you might have played me a few games and and I live next door to the person who lives next door to you. You only get three guess ok :)

Gareth, Kaitlin was at Doeberl and everyone knows her. Do a poll on her.

antichrist
23-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Frosty has gone missing since I threatened a poll in Does God Exist thread.

Spiny Norman
24-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Frosty has gone missing since I threatened a poll in Does God Exist thread.

Nah, I'm here ... but our club meets on Thursday nights and I've been busy.

Kaitlin
24-06-2005, 05:35 PM
The yes's are creeping up.. only 1 vote behind (when i put this post). I just like to let everyone know that the show tat inspired this poll is on SBS at 8:30 today Firday... and be warned there is likey to be a test quiz on it (if lik it is good to watch and I dont get bored or have to do sumtn else).

antichrist
24-06-2005, 05:48 PM
The yes's are creeping up.. only 1 vote behind (when i put this post). I just like to let everyone know that the show tat inspired this poll is on SBS at 8:30 today Firday... and be warned there is likey to be a test quiz on it (if lik it is good to watch and I dont get bored or have to do sumtn else).

And that was another report from our TV anchor girl. Thank you very much.

Did you see post 10 in Might be ok tv and top post here - you pseudo-intellectual!

It looks a good historical movie actually. Tonight is usually my big night out but recovering from cold so may stay home and we can exchange commentaries on the movie, but don't speak too loud so not disrupt other people. When they chop the heads off don't yell out.

Don't take any notice of that awful Gareth Charles - he believes in God.

antichrist
24-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Now be truthful, how many people watched the movie?

PHAT
24-06-2005, 11:04 PM

I vote that "she" is that bloody muppet - despite the fact that the muppet denigns denings denigns. :D

antichrist
27-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Matt, being a half breed you are a good person to ask. Do you ever don't know who you are, so you go around querying yourself who you are?

PHAT
27-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Matt, being a half breed you are a good person to ask. Do you ever don't know who you are, so you go around querying yourself who you are?

We are OK enough at the present time. Neander knows his heart - Sapien knows his head. Opposites attract and have a stormy marriage.

Mischa
27-06-2005, 09:19 PM
ok

antichrist
27-06-2005, 11:03 PM
We are OK enough at the present time. Neander knows his heart - Sapien knows his head. Opposites attract and have a stormy marriage.

Matt, I was expecting a beauty from you on this one.

antichrist
15-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Now I have seen it all!

The guy argueing with me re "who are you" was at one stage called Barry, then Rincewind, then Barry, they Rincewind again and now Hal!!

For better or otherwise through this I have been Anti-christ with no identity crisis!

I was informed that he would not be posting for 6 months.

But only a few days ago I was wondering that ,as I knew for the wrong reasons he enjoyed my posts, I would bet he is a guest looking in.

And lo and behold he has resurfaced. Thank goodness is all I can say because I did appreciate his ribs of me, esp the one on why I was an animal.

Unfortunately his sparring partner FG7 caught the last train for the coast and is probably starting a rebellion in some exotic location so we will not have fireworks just yet.

arosar
15-07-2005, 05:33 PM
I think it's a different Barry. Right?

AR

antichrist
15-07-2005, 06:43 PM

AR

I am referring (I hope) to Barry Cox who set up the Illawarra Chess Forum? Look at Chess Administration and work it out for me.

ElevatorEscapee
15-07-2005, 09:40 PM
That's great, but who the hell am I meant to be!? :doh:

Garvinator
15-07-2005, 09:43 PM
the caped crusader clearly ;) :cool:

eclectic
15-07-2005, 09:45 PM

either you are

reginald maudling

or

raymond luxury yacht

(pronounced throat mangrove warbler)

eclectic

Mischa
15-07-2005, 09:55 PM
there is a different Barry?

Mischa
15-07-2005, 09:56 PM
And I am?

eclectic
15-07-2005, 10:09 PM
And I am?

let me guess ...

a nubile nymph ?

;)

eclectic

arosar
15-07-2005, 10:23 PM
let me guess ...

a nubile nymph ?

Your horny bastard.

AR

Bereaved
15-07-2005, 11:52 PM
"Ah Mr Luxury Yacht.."
"No you see it is spelt Luxury Yacht, but it is actually pronounced , Throat Warbler Mangrove"
"And what seems to be the problem?"
"I'd like you to perform an operation on my nose..."
" Well let's see..." walks around examines nose, lifts nose away from face on string "Well, Mr Luxury Yacht, this nose is a fake, and you're real nose is a beaut!"
"Oh, please, please, Will you do the operation?"
"But you don't need it, your real nose is perfectly fine"
"Oh, please will you do the operation anyway??"
"Alright, on one condition: You go on a camping holiday with me to Sussex.."
"He asked me! He asked me!" :owned:

The Full monty!! :clap: :clap:

You can only hear my voice..I know who you are ( but I promised I wouldn't tell, and I'm much more careful as to what sort of trouble I get into)

Take care all, and God Bless, Macavity

Oh, and EE, can you PM me a couple of BAGIRandom Games?? I'm very interested to see it in action

Bereaved
16-07-2005, 12:06 AM
Bilbo: What is in my pockets?
Gollum: It must give us three guesses?
Bilbo: Alright, Guess away?
Gollum: Hands?
Bilbo: Wrong! (he had luckily removed them)
Gollum made many noises?
Gollum: Knife?
Bilbo: Wrong!
Gollum makes incredibly large amount of discombobulated noises
Gollum: String or Nothing? Two for the price of one: Cheating!!

Eventually Gollum goes to fetch ring, finds it missing,
returns in a flap and then intuits that Bilbo has it...
Bilbo: But you never guessed my last question, and you promised
Golluim: Never Guessed! What has it got in its pocketses? Tell us that. It must tell first.
Bilbo: Answers were to be guessed not given!

I guess who we are is for us to know, and also for us to choose to whom and how much we reveal, ( and to some extent, I think at times we put some knowledge in the exclusion zone from ourselves!!?)

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

HAL
16-07-2005, 10:40 AM

Same Barry. The intention was to not post here at all. However, for various reason I do, mostly when I feel like a break.

HAL
16-07-2005, 10:41 AM
I guess who we are is for us to know, and also for us to choose to whom and how much we reveal, ( and to some extent, I think at times we put some knowledge in the exclusion zone from ourselves!!?)

Riddles in the dark... :hmm:

antichrist
16-07-2005, 12:05 PM
And I am?

As you obviously have Noidea I suggest you present yourself to Baxter Detention Centre for deportation.

antichrist
16-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischa
And I am?

Eclectic
let me guess ...

a nubile nymph ?

AC
Five years on such cheek could be a welcomed compliment