PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeeeere's Matty!

Lucena
07-06-2005, 11:38 AM
In view of Matt's imminent return, I feel a post is warranted on this auspicious occasion.

Trent Parker
07-06-2005, 11:54 AM
bam bam bam bam bam bambam....................

eclectic
07-06-2005, 12:39 PM
... that the head honcho has spoken

now get over it!!

eclectic

bergil
07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
So long as he doesn't bang on about a Sydney chess centre and acts within the rules, Welcome back. I doubt it but we can hope, that's why I voted 3

antichrist
07-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Who said his imminent return?

They having been saying that about JC since Adam was a boy. I would prefer if Janis Joplin came back just to sing duet with Joe Cocker. Or Beethoven to finish that last symphony. We could do a poll on this.

arosar
07-06-2005, 01:58 PM
That's really thought provoking isn't it? Who, among the dead, would you want to be resurrected and why?

AR

Lucena
07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Chesslover :D

Spiny Norman
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Who, among the dead, would you want to be resurrected and why?

Me ... every time I die that is ...

Lucena
07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Any more takers?

Lucena
07-06-2005, 05:50 PM
... that the head honcho has spoken

now get over it!!

eclectic

I donít quite understand why youíre getting worked up here, eclectic. What do you feel personally about Matt coming back?

Kevin Bonham
07-06-2005, 06:11 PM
This poll should have been a multivote; I agree with most of those.

By all means bring back chesslover though.

Spiny Norman
07-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Additional (useful) poll option might've been:

[ ] :huh: Don't understand what all the fuss is about

antichrist
07-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Gareth, before voting I want to know if I can multivote?

Bill Gletsos
07-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Gareth, before voting I want to know if I can multivote?It is clear from not only the poll itself but also from Kevin's post #11 that you cannot multivote.

antichrist
07-06-2005, 07:34 PM
From UCJ floating stinking fish

Denovo Meme
Re: 3 cheers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HELLO DEAR FRIENDS!!!!!

I have learned a lot about BBs - the do's and don't's and most of all, about you. You should all feel proud to have been part of the resistance.

But friends, the war will never be over. While ever Chesshit exercises monoply power, we must all be prepared to dig in at some time to support a renagade BB to keep the bastards honest.

Partly for that reason I propose to start another BB. It should exist for three purposes.

1. As a place free of Bot-men where we can enjoy cheat whithout bullies. I am sure you agree that this BB was a friendly oasis.
2. A security pass invisible over 18 free speech zone for letting it all hang out.
3. Have a secrete "War Bunker Forum" with a security password for those who wish to be part of the revolution in Australian chess.

I kneel before you all. You are the heros!!

I will meet you all in Chesskit.

"The snot green sea, the scrotum tightening sea."

It better be true that his ban is over, otherwise I am a goner

antichrist
07-06-2005, 07:37 PM
It is clear from not only the poll itself but also from Kevin's post #11 that you cannot multivote.

If one had looked at the results of the poll it may have been obvious, conversely, multivoting may have been allowed but the voters did not know.

I thought Kev was referring to multivoting for either Janis Joplin or Beethoven. Bill, which would you prefer?

skip to my lou
07-06-2005, 07:41 PM
If the neanderthal screws up again though, it will be:

DELETE FROM members WHERE id=658

Bill Gletsos
07-06-2005, 07:47 PM
If one had looked at the results of the poll it may have been obvious, conversely, multivoting may have been allowed but the voters did not know.You dont have to look at the poll results at all. Multiple poll voting is always mentioned in the poll when it is available by the BB system.

antichrist
07-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I assume post 17 refers to myself, well STML you deserve a guernsey(?) for not holding a grudges, Matt is no champion for free speech as he is blamed for censoring some messages over there.

Bill Gletsos
07-06-2005, 07:55 PM
I assume post 17 refers to myself,Wake up A/C. The neanderthal clearly refers to Matt via his avatar.

auriga
07-06-2005, 08:01 PM
If the neanderthal screws up again though, it will be:

DELETE FROM members WHERE id=658

i did this once. but them i realised i missed out the where clause :(

antichrist
07-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Wake up A/C. The neanderthal clearly refers to Matt via his avatar.

But he may well have been replying to my post 15, that is if Matt (obviously) gets barred again well I am also a goner for reposting from a barred poster.

And re multiply voting, even the acclaimed expert on polls, i.e., myself, did not remember re multivoting status, strictly speaking it should also be stated for univoting.

Rincewind
07-06-2005, 08:06 PM
i did this once. but them i realised i missed out the where clause :(
A word to the wise. Replace the DELETE with SELECT COUNT(*) and run to check the number of rows you will delete. Once you are happy with the results then replace this with DELETE.

auriga
07-06-2005, 08:11 PM
A word to the wise. Replace the DELETE with SELECT COUNT(*) and run to check the number of rows you will delete. Once you are happy with the results then replace this with DELETE.

wise words.

could also use the old trusty 'set checkpoint' followed by a nifty 'rollback'.

Bill Gletsos
07-06-2005, 08:12 PM
But he may well have been replying to my post 15, that is if Matt (obviously) gets barred again well I am also a goner for reposting from a barred poster.There is no way in the context of the thread that post #17 could be referring to you.

And re multiply voting, even the acclaimed expert on polls, i.e., myself, did not remember re multivoting status, strictly speaking it should also be stated for univoting.Not at all.
Single voting is the standard. Multiple voting in polls is the option.
As such only the multivote needs to be highlighted.

skip to my lou
07-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I assume post 17 refers to myself, well STML you deserve a guernsey(?) for not holding a grudges, Matt is no champion for free speech as he is blamed for censoring some messages over there.

uid of 658 is Matthew Sweeney.

antichrist
07-06-2005, 08:25 PM
uid of 658 is Matthew Sweeney.

I meant to mention that we do not know who 658 refers to, but as watching doco on TV forgot to. On TV they are also arguing about identity: who is the father and compulsory DNA testing blah blah

I initially thought it referred to Matt but when checking back through previous posts could not easily find which post it referred to, so thought thta maybe it referred to mine.

Which post did it refer to then? Please.

Lucena
07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
This poll should have been a multivote; I agree with most of those.

By all means bring back chesslover though.

Yeah sorry was thinking about multivote. Didn't have a huge amount of time to review my options and I had already stuffed the poll up once :doh:

skip to my lou
07-06-2005, 08:30 PM
I meant to mention that we do not know who 658 refers to, but as watching doco on TV forgot to. On TV they are also arguing about identity: who is the father and compulsory DNA testing blah blah

I initially thought it referred to Matt but when checking back through previous posts could not easily find which post it referred to, so thought thta maybe it referred to mine.

Which post did it refer to then? Please.

If you click on the user, it will tell you uid, i.e. ?u=uid

Lucena
07-06-2005, 08:34 PM
If one had looked at the results of the poll it may have been obvious, conversely, multivoting may have been allowed but the voters did not know.

I thought Kev was referring to multivoting for either Janis Joplin or Beethoven. Bill, which would you prefer?

AC by all means feel free to go ahead with that idea, but please, PLEASE, NO JOE COCKER! :hand:

Rincewind
07-06-2005, 08:34 PM
could also use the old trusty 'set checkpoint' followed by a nifty 'rollback'.
Or both :)

antichrist
07-06-2005, 08:42 PM
AC by all means feel free to go ahead with that idea, but please, PLEASE, NO JOE COCKER! :hand:

IN MY DAY he was excellent but now all washed up. But he is not dead yet in the normal sense of the word so can't include him you silly so and so.

Don't you like his original version of The Letter (was a Boxtops hit originally), also his re-doing of Beatle song was excellent, can't remember which one, Yesterday or Help or one like that. He has been described in SMH as best voice since Ray Charles in that category.

When about your age I got into Joplin. Before that it was Zoooom zooom Leader of the Pack Zooom Zooom

antichrist
07-06-2005, 08:48 PM
If you click on the user, it will tell you uid, i.e. ?u=uid

maybe, but without doing such the context is not clear hence my process of eliminaton.

your ?u=uid terminology is beyond me but don't explain because I prefer not to know anyway. none so blind...

eclectic
07-06-2005, 08:49 PM
IN MY DAY he was excellent but now all washed up. But he is not dead yet in the normal sense of the word so can't include him you silly so and so.

Don't you like his original version of The Letter (was a Boxtops hit originally), also his re-doing of Beatle song was excellent, can't remember which one, Yesterday or Help or one like that. He has been described in SMH as best voice since Ray Charles in that category.

When about your age I got into Joplin. Before that it was Zoooom zooom Leader of the Pack Zooom Zooom

the 2 beatles songs he covered

she came in through the bathroom window

and

with a little help from my friends

eclectic

antichrist
07-06-2005, 08:55 PM
the 2 beatles songs he covered

she came in through the bathroom window

and

with a little help from my friends

eclectic

thanks, I remembered and forgotten Help from my friends" but got the Help correct.

Dont you think a terrific version?

antichrist
07-06-2005, 08:57 PM
How corny and melodramatic but seductive "leader of the pack"

skip to my lou
07-06-2005, 09:10 PM
maybe, but without doing such the context is not clear hence my process of eliminaton.

your ?u=uid terminology is beyond me but don't explain because I prefer not to know anyway. none so blind...

On the left, click on someones username and look at the URL.

antichrist
07-06-2005, 09:23 PM
On the left, click on someones username and look at the URL.

don't know what URL is but don't get any id info?

skip to my lou
07-06-2005, 09:59 PM
don't know what URL is but don't get any id info?

The page location part of the screen, in your browser, looks like http://blahblah?id=000

antichrist
07-06-2005, 11:13 PM
thanks.

Did Matt get lost coming here?

Or is shopping for pack of new incontinence pads for AR? He is sensitive to such things.

Duff McKagan
07-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Matt is no champion for free speech as he is blamed for censoring some messages over there.

antichrist,

I have given you the benefit of the doubt on a load of issues re your version of many matters verses others. However, I am starting to wonder now, have I been a little too trusting. Let me tell you, Matt never censored at UCJ. Any other version is not true. Be very careful on this issue, anti, you could find yourself with much less social capital than you started.
:snooty:

antichrist
07-06-2005, 11:28 PM
antichrist,

I have given you the benefit of the doubt on a load of issues re your version of many matters verses others. However, I am starting to wonder now, have I been a little too trusting. Let me tell you, Matt never censored at UCJ. Any other version is not true. Be very careful on this issue, anti, you could find yourself with much less social capital than you started.
:snooty:

First of all I am quoting someone else in saying this, so not only my opinion, and that person, whoever it was, was correct at the time. Actually I can remember now who it was but was in PM, and I can remember the contents of their post that got wiped. His was the only one on that occasion that got wiped so it was not tech troubles.

There may have been other occasions but not sure if tech difficulties but did not think so.

call it as I see it.

edited: I still have that PM by the way

PHAT
08-06-2005, 12:07 AM
:D

Hello to the good people. You know who you are and so does everyone else. Thanks for your support over at UCJ. Stay tuned for the next gig. Hopefully it will be a long time off. May be Bill Gletsoos will be the owner operator there. :lol:

In any case, NSWCA and the ACF will never have had it so tough as it will be over the next 6 months. In fact, the gloves are off. Welllll, may not just yet. Let's wait until July. ;)

Trent Parker
08-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Welcome back sweeney....

PHAT
08-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks mate :D

See you at the NSW Open.

Kevin Bonham
08-06-2005, 12:51 AM
In any case, NSWCA and the ACF will never have had it so tough as it will be over the next 6 months. In fact, the gloves are off. Welllll, may not just yet. Let's wait until July. ;)

I reckon I know exactly what this is about in the ACF context and I can tell you right now that your threat is a complete waste of time.

Bill Gletsos
08-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I reckon I know exactly what this is about in the ACF context and I can tell you right now that your threat is a complete waste of time.Agreed.

PHAT
08-06-2005, 12:57 AM
I reckon I know exactly what this is about in the ACF context and I can tell you right now that your threat is a complete waste of time.

I reckon you know exactly nothing about what this is about in the ACF context and I can tell you right now that your speculations are a complete waste of time.

Shut up!

PHAT
08-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Agreed.

And you can shut up too.

antichrist
08-06-2005, 12:59 AM
I reckon you know exactly nothing about what this is about in the ACF context and I can tell you right now that your speculations are a complete waste of time.

Shut up!

Did you have to put "shut up" at the end of it - you will probably say the same to me

PHAT
08-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Did you have to put "shut up" at the end of it - you will probably say the same to me

Shut up!

firegoat7
08-06-2005, 01:02 AM

Shut up!

And you can shut up too.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Haha what a classic!! Matt you are all cl@ss!!

Cheers Fg7

Bill Gletsos
08-06-2005, 01:06 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Haha what a classic!! Matt you are all cl@ss!!No as usual he is just demonstrating his is a total @ss.

skip to my lou
08-06-2005, 01:08 AM
be nice or be gone.

Bill Gletsos
08-06-2005, 01:15 AM
:D

Hello to the good people. You know who you are and so does everyone else. Thanks for your support over at UCJ.Yes that place reminds me of Mos Eisley spaceport.

:Stay tuned for the next gig. Hopefully it will be a long time off. May be Bill Gletsoos will be the owner operator there. :lol:Dream on.

firegoat7
08-06-2005, 01:17 AM
be nice or be gone.

Killjoy

Bill Gletsos
08-06-2005, 01:18 AM
KilljoyNo, ADMIN. :owned:

Alan Shore
08-06-2005, 01:31 AM
Yes that place reminds me of Mos Eisley spaceport.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany. We must be cautious.

Bill Gletsos
08-06-2005, 01:32 AM
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany. We must be cautious.Spoken like a true Star Wars fan. ;)

Alan Shore
08-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Spoken like a true Star Wars fan. ;)

Have you watched the prequels yet Bill? Or will they just never measure up in your eyes?

Bill Gletsos
08-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Have you watched the prequels yet Bill? Or will they just never measure up in your eyes?I have seen the first two but havent seen the lastest one yet.

antichrist
08-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Is Matt biting his lip or is he catching up on old posts in coffee lounge where I think he could not enter while on holidays.

Kevin Bonham
08-06-2005, 02:31 AM

Shut up!

Complete the sentence:

If a person wants to coach chess at a school, the body legally responsible for assuring that person has passed a police check is ...

antichrist
08-06-2005, 02:37 AM
In NSW the individual school which one may teach at. In QLD they have a green card system.

Unless on behalf of ACF you are saying so maybe ACF?

antichrist
08-06-2005, 02:39 AM
Come on KB, fill us on the big picture, don't pull punches, and I will tell you about FG7! A deal?

PHAT
08-06-2005, 05:46 AM
be nice or be gone.

How on earth is this supposed to be interpretted? For Christ's sake, take some english lessons. Until you do that, here is a simple piece of advice to stop you looking foolish - shut up.

skip to my lou
08-06-2005, 09:50 AM
How on earth is this supposed to be interpretted? For Christ's sake, take some english lessons.

Fool.

Lucena
08-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Come on Matt, a lot of people have been eagerly anticipating your arrival here. It would be a pity for you to disappoint them by getting banned again so soon. Probably not such a good idea to test STML's patience at the moment. By the way although the language used by STML was a bit colloquial, it was still acceptable english in the context. "Be gone" could even be seen to be a descendant of the archaic English "Begone!", an utterance used to dispel, erm... malevolent people or creatures... :eek:

antichrist
08-06-2005, 12:22 PM
talk about the pot calling... the spelling of interpreTTTTTTTed

Lucena
08-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Complete the sentence:

If a person wants to coach chess at a school, the body legally responsible for assuring that person has passed a police check is ...

Come on KB, don't keep us hanging! I want to hear the punchline!

Lucena
08-06-2005, 12:24 PM
talk about the pot calling... the spelling of interpreTTTTTTTed

Yes I think that is half the point, Matt never takes himself that seriously anyway, and knows full well his spelling is not so crash hot.

PHAT
08-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Fool.

Fool

Lucena
08-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey Matt keep an eye out for my next poll, or rather, series of polls, which I'm sure you'll find interesting :?:

PHAT
08-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Come on Matt, a lot of people have been eagerly anticipating your arrival here. It would be a pity for you to disappoint them by getting banned again so soon. Probably not such a good idea to test STML's patience at the moment.
Denis Jessop prophesised that I would return only if I was the Messiah. He was nearly right. I am not the son of god, I am God's father - and I fear nothing. :wink:

I am By the way although the language used by STML was a bit colloquial, it was still acceptable english in the context. "Be gone" could even be seen to be a descendant of the archaic English "Begone!", an utterance used to dispel, erm... malevolent people or creatures... :eek:

Good, OK then - he wasn't speaking to me. Hey Bill, are you going to let KR speak to you like that?

PHAT
08-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Hey Matt keep an eye out for my next poll, or rather, series of polls, which I'm sure you'll find interesting :?:

OK, I am holding my breath. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................BHHhhhhhhhhhh.

You should have warned me.

Lucena
08-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey it's not that easy Matt! I'm still planning the poll!

skip to my lou
08-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Hmm doesn't seem like Matt is going to change. /me thinks about permanent ban..

EGOR
08-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Hmm doesn't seem like Matt is going to change. /me thinks about permanent ban..
This is a joke? Right? :eek:

skip to my lou
08-06-2005, 03:12 PM
This is a joke? Right? :eek:

Maybe... Maybe not. :owned:

Lucena
08-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Ok, poll should be up within half an hour

Lucena
08-06-2005, 05:05 PM
ok, poll's done, it's "What can/should a person be banned (temporarily) for?" in non-chess thread