PDA

View Full Version : Comings and Goings.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Garrett
31-07-2012, 11:13 AM
CC stands for Chess Club or Correspondence Chess?

my guess is ChessChat...

Adamski
31-07-2012, 11:44 AM
My "CC", Brian, rather ambiguously I admit, means Chess Chat. First prize goes to George.

ER
31-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Bon voyage Jak. I am in chess study mode when I can fit it In. Reducing CC activities.

Thanks Adamski, I promise I do the same when I am back to Aus in preparation for the Open.

My "CC", Brian, rather ambiguously I admit, means Chess Chat. First prize goes to George.

And no prize for Brian who should know by now that both chess club and correspondence chess are related to being in chess study mode! :P

ER
25-08-2012, 09:30 AM
ok folks, time for my next proletarian holiday, (my third overseas this year)! First stop Hong Kong, then Istanbul, then we see but most probably it 'll be something like Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Serbia, Croatia etc. So, After my chess game at Noble Park Chess Club this evening I am getting into international mode! See you all when I am back to Aus! Cheers and good luck! or as my mate Eclectic would say, CAGLES!

Kevin Bonham
25-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm leaving for Istanbul tomorrow too but all going well I will still be online to some degree apart from the transits at either end.

Desmond
25-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Bye bye boys. Have fun storming the castle.

Kevin Bonham
11-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Offline from early tomorrow morning, back online Sunday evening, night or else Monday. Fieldtrip to various places around far NE Tas.

ER
05-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Back to Melbourne, after a longish Sth East Asian, Asian, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Balkans, "Chase the summer Tour". The Aus leg of the tour begins next week with a bit of a rest in QLD, incl participation in the Caloundra Open & preparation for the Aus Open Minor at Norths - Sydney. Right after that a three week or so break in Thailand! Then we 'll see!

ER
06-11-2012, 05:10 AM
I hate business meetings, I wanna go to Sunshine Coast, NOW! :(

Adamski
06-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Back to Melbourne, after a longish Sth East Asian, Asian, Turkish, Russian, Ukrainian, Balkans, "Chase the summer Tour". The Aus leg of the tour begins next week with a bit of a rest in QLD, incl participation in the Caloundra Open & preparation for the Aus Open Minor at Norths - Sydney. Right after that a three week or so break in Thailand! Then we 'll see!
Get around, get around, JaK gets around! A bit of a beach boy!

ER
07-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Get around, get around, JaK gets around! A bit of a beach boy!

LOL not really, I am looking for a good motorbike actually!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UWRypqz5-o&feature=related

littlesprout85
09-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi JaK,

Seems to sproutums that JaK knows the 2 secrets neva growing old :eek:

Shall Sprout let the kittens outta da bag JaK :?

-Sprout85 =)

Adamski
09-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi JaK,

-Sprout85 =)Is one of them riding a motorbike?

ER
09-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi JaK,

-Sprout85 =)

LOL go for it Sproutys! :)

Is one of them riding a motorbike?

Hey how did you know I am looking to buy one??? :eek: :lol:

oops sorry I forgot I mentioned in a post! :P (getting old see?)

ER
01-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Exile on Main Headquarters! Preparing for the Aus Open Minor, Do Not Disturb Please!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/ChessChat/100_7058.jpg

PHOTO: Elliott Renzies

Adamski
01-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Best wishes to ER for his preparation and the tournament in January. I should see you there at some stage though I am only playing in the lightning.

ER
01-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Best wishes to ER for his preparation and the tournament in January. I should see you there at some stage though I am only playing in the lightning.

Thanks Adamski. Sure, we 'll meet at Norths. Looking forward to see you and all my other Sydney, international and interstate friends too.

Coming to think of it, I haven't seen the Victorians for a long time too! :lol:

ER
15-12-2012, 08:40 PM
ok all, I am off for some well deserved break! Happy festive season to all, see you in Sydney at the Open, then Thailand, then we see!

Desmond
15-12-2012, 09:05 PM
ok all, I am off for some well deserved break! Happy festive season to all, see you in Sydney at the Open, then Thailand, then we see!
have fun mate!

Garrett
16-12-2012, 04:18 PM

Yes have fun, see you in Sydney !

Trent Parker
19-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Jetsetting off to the United States on Sunday for three weeks!

Visiting my sister who lives in Mobile Alabama. Probably visit Ny'Orlleans and perhaps Northern Florida.

Thus will not be in Sydney for the Australian Open. Good luck JAK and others!

ER
20-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Jetsetting off to the United States on Sunday for three weeks!

Visiting my sister who lives in Mobile Alabama. Probably visit Ny'Orlleans and perhaps Northern Florida.

Thus will not be in Sydney for the Australian Open. Good luck JAK and others!

Thanks Trenty, I am sure you will have a great time in the US. I am just back from Sorrento where I spent a few days, before travelling North to NSW! Cheers mate!

ER
20-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Yes have fun, see you in Sydney !

Thanks mate, I 'll spend sometime around NSW before I settle in Sydney for the Open!

ER
20-12-2012, 01:12 AM
have fun mate!

I certanly will, mate see ya there! Are you playing too?

ER
30-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Back to Melbourne for the day! Flying to Sydney tomorrow for New Year celebrations (fireworks at the Harbour Bridge etc) and the Open!

Adamski
03-01-2013, 06:13 PM
JaK has more beard than when I last saw him. Good to catch up with him yesterday.

ER
04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
JaK has more beard than when I last saw him. Good to catch up with him yesterday.

Good to catch up with you too mate! :) Sydney has greeted us with a great weather, while Melbourne is kinda hellish at present I hear! :)

Good to catch up with so many old and new friends too! :)

george
11-01-2013, 01:18 PM
hi Folks,

On 13th jan I'm off to Rishikesh to teach chess in an english speaking orphanage consisting of untouchable kids then meeting my wife in Rome and holidaying till late September. Hope to touch base sometimes on this site whilst Im away for habits sake.

Namaste
Ciao
Good afternoon old chap
To be sure to be sure
see ya

ER
14-01-2013, 02:51 PM
After a great and exciting couple of weeks in Sydney, (Aus Open at Norths etc) time for a bit of proletarian relaxation for 2-3 weeks in Thailand. See you all when I come back! :) ;)

Adamski
14-01-2013, 11:23 PM
I am envious again, JaK. Enjoy the trip!

Trent Parker
15-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Leaving in half an hour to make the long journey back to Sydney.......

Arriving 6.45 Wednesday. No looking forward to some chess. Probably play Aus day weekender at Norths.

Adamski
15-01-2013, 05:40 AM
Leaving in half an hour to make the long journey back to Sydney.......

Arriving 6.45 Wednesday. No looking forward to some chess. Probably play Aus day weekender at Norths.
Welcome home shortly, Trent. Come and play 9 round rapid over 3 weeks starting this Thursday 17th at Parramatta.

ER
23-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I am envious again, JaK. Enjoy the trip!

LOL don't be envious mate, just join the club! :)

BTW I am leaving Bangkok tomorrow for a few days break in the countryside!

ER
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi all, off to Cairns and the GBR tomorrow, see you when I get back!

Adamski
05-03-2013, 11:18 PM
This boy JaK sure gets around the place. Enjoy another trip, ER!

ER
14-03-2013, 02:43 PM
This boy JaK sure gets around the place. Enjoy another trip, ER!

Thanks Adamski, it was great indeed!

I had a lovely time at Cairns, Port Douglas, Kuranda, Great Barrier Reef, did a survival trip in a rainforest, took the skyrail over Barrons Falls, admired the crocs at Hearley's (see all related pics in FaceBook when I publish them)!

Now back to Melbourne for a few days for Neil Young's (*) concert tomorrow (Friday) at the Rod Laver Arena and Goran Bregovic's Weddings and Funerals Band at the Hamer on the 19th.

Then off to ACT (strictly for business and Lautrec's exhibition and your shores to celebrate Easter! then until last week of May I will disappear in order to make some important financial decisions and after that off to globe trotting again!

(*) never a real fun of his although I like some of his old stuff. Mainly going to the concert to accompany some friends from Israel who are spending autumn in Australia!

ER
20-03-2013, 12:31 AM
After six very productive days back in Melbourne, it's time now to start moving as scheduled above! ;)

Tomorrow my god son his mother and myself are heading to Olinda for 2-3 days of relaxation...

Then a little break on Saturday for chess at Noble Park followed by a visit to Ferntree Gully on Sunday for their Cox Cup!

On the same night Maria, Peter Paul (lol he cops a lot of Peter Paul and Mary banter at school - amazing how kids can discover 60s icons just to poke some fun) are departing departing for ACT.

In Das Kapital we'll visit various places amongst which the Lake, the Old Parliament House, the National Gallery (Lautrec's exhibition) and of course Doeberl Cup.

Then off to Sydney (where we'll travel mainly around NSW) where I hope I will find some time to drop in SIO at Parra to barrack for the Victorians (and some Queenslanders)!

Cheers and good luck to all, see you around mid April!

ER
21-03-2013, 12:40 PM
* correction to the above: It's Knox Cup!

ER
26-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I am out of here now, very busy with preparations etc, I might actually be able to fit in a short trip to NZ (missed Queenstown already - c'mon Kiwis organise another classic soon! :lol: )! I 'll give it about 30% chance since I have to be back in Melbourne for important fiscal business by the end of April) see you all, love, hugs kisses, cheers and good luck!

Adamski
26-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Cagles, jak. Enjoy the next phase of your busy life!

Kevin Bonham
26-03-2013, 08:45 PM
jak, how many days of the average year do you actually spend "at home"? 50?

ER
31-03-2013, 02:58 PM
jak, how many days of the average year do you actually spend "at home"? 50?

hi Kev, hadn't seen this due to traveling!!!

Actually, according to my 2012 planner, I did spend much more than 50 days "at home" ("home" as in the place I reside and keep my belongings)

It was 98 but taking away two or three day breaks in various places in Victoria it goes down to 76.

That no. however, cannot be taken as "average" since I have not yet checked previous years' traveling.

Cagles, jak. Enjoy the next phase of your busy life!

thanks mate, all the best for you too!

antichrist
01-04-2013, 12:51 PM
hi Kev, hadn't seen this due to traveling!!!

Actually, according to my 2012 planner, I did spend much more than 50 days "at home" ("home" as in the place I reside and keep my belongings)

It was 98 but taking away two or three day breaks in various places in Victoria it goes down to 76.

That no. however, cannot be taken as "average" since I have not yet checked previous years' traveling.

thanks mate, all the best for you too!

what about your carbon footprint - it would be as big as the Pilbara

Oepty
29-04-2013, 06:28 PM
I said I would never post here again, but I have returned. Perhaps within a week I will regret it.
I am no longer a chess player, chess arbiter or chess administrator in any form and I have no plans to do any of this again. However never is perhaps too strong a word, it might happen, but I really doubt it. I am doing more important things.
However I am back here, I do not wish to get into the chess topics much. As someone who has left chess I do not think I have much to say.

antichrist
29-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I said I would never post here again, but I have returned. Perhaps within a week I will regret it.
I am no longer a chess player, chess arbiter or chess administrator in any form and I have no plans to do any of this again. However never is perhaps too strong a word, it might happen, but I really doubt it. I am doing more important things.
However I am back here, I do not wish to get into the chess topics much. As someone who has left chess I do not think I have much to say.

I hve no idea who you are but are you that Dont Know Who guy who kept changing his name and done all those threads on what kind of toilet paper do people like?

Oepty
29-04-2013, 06:46 PM
I hve no idea who you are but are you that Dont Know Who guy who kept changing his name and done all those threads on what kind of toilet paper do people like?

I do not think I ever did a thread on toilet paper but maybe I have just forgotten it.

ER
29-04-2013, 07:30 PM
what about your carbon footprint - it would be as big as the Pilbara

what about your mouthfarting pollution?

ER
29-04-2013, 07:31 PM
I do not think I ever did a thread on toilet paper but maybe I have just forgotten it.

not to worry oepty, he 's talkin about the one that when he uses it, he sees his own face printed allover it!

Desmond
29-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Cat?

Kevin Bonham
29-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Cat?

Nope. oepty stated in the shoutbox that he is Scott Colliver, which is clear from the claims being made on the abortion thread anyway since he is the only person who has ever been here who has held some of those views.

Cat was David Richards.

antichrist
30-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Nope. oepty stated in the shoutbox that he is Scott Colliver, which is clear from the claims being made on the abortion thread anyway since he is the only person who has ever been here who has held some of those views.

Cat was David Richards.

who I missed profusely when he pulled his tent up, a very funny guy who was worth a mint

ER
07-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Was looking at HICC's thread. I miss Hobart so so so much! I look forward to relax there for at least a few days after my very hectic 2013 Euro Tour. Problem is I can't move out of Aus till the end of this financial year! Nobody can stop me of doing shortish Aussie (mainly Vic) places though while I am here! Talking of the devil I might have to do some work at Sydney for the next 2-3 weekends. That means no chess at NPCC and MCC! :(

Here is Hobart!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_8981.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_8981.jpg.html)

photo: Elliott Renzies from the Aussie Travels collection!

Oepty
07-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Was that photo taken from very near a fish restuarant?
I cannot remember the name, something starting with M I think.
Tasmania was brilliant, loved it. It would be good to get a chance to see more of it.

ER
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Was that photo taken from very near a fish restuarant?
I cannot remember the name, something starting with M I think.
Tasmania was brilliant, loved it. It would be good to get a chance to see more of it.

Yes, it was taken from the first floating restaurant just across Lady Jane's wharf! :)

I can't recall the name either! :(

Kevin Bonham
07-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Actually unless there was a floating restaurant in an unusual place it looks like that's taken from the bridge on the other side of the docks to the "floating restaurants" (most of which are floating takeaways). One of them (Flippers) can be clearly seen in the photo diagonally opposite. They're along one side with Mako (which really is a floating restaurant!) up the other end.

ER
07-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Trying to refresh my memory and with the help of some other pictures taken that day, I can vaguely recall the following:

Some bronze (?) statuettes and statues including one featuring some guy with a flag celebrating something and a camera by itself taking his picture!

Some sculptures of birds, used as shitting target practice by real birds of the same feather.

A folding bridge.

An old wooden boat named Matilda

Our floating restaurant which was a real floating restaurant (used for the day to celebrate my friend's daughter's 21st) approached those areas and we exchanged pleasantries with the staff members of other parked floating restaurants or floating take aways as described by Kev.

Oepty
07-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Actually unless there was a floating restaurant in an unusual place it looks like that's taken from the bridge on the other side of the docks to the "floating restaurants" (most of which are floating takeaways). One of them (Flippers) can be clearly seen in the photo diagonally opposite. They're along one side with Mako (which really is a floating restaurant!) up the other end.

I was thinking of Mures, but this photo is taken from a bit away from that. Looked up google maps to sort it all out. Was quite helpful.

ER
08-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Birds shitting target practice!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_9417_zps3c1e33f7.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_9417_zps3c1e33f7.jpg.html)

The guy with the flag I was telling you!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_9421_zps857c4f55.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_9421_zps857c4f55.jpg.html)

Matilda
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_9429_zps26d2040b.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_9429_zps26d2040b.jpg.html)

I am still trying to find the pictures taken from the floating restaurant as all of the above were taken on a rainy day while I was walking around!

ER
09-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I am off to NSW for this and maybe a couple of more weekends! Then there comes the Tassie trip. That's where I 'll be staying while at Brunie! It's called the Glen Osborne House and it's very classy inside and (as you can see) out! :)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/glenosbornehouse_zps8742a9a9.png (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/glenosbornehouse_zps8742a9a9.png.html)

Cheers and good luck!

Adamski
09-05-2013, 09:53 PM
One thing I wish is that I was as good a photographer as you, jak. I also hope to see you while you are in NSW. Come to Parra one Thurs night. You will as always be very welcome.

littlesprout85
12-05-2013, 12:02 AM
ermmmm,

KB's mentioning the resturant Mako's made da sprout think of this recent video clip meh saw on the tele da other da......... let meh see if meh have da link for meh m8's ..........

Oh here we go . . .. . .http://www.theultimatefishing show.com :o)
on this site it shows this guy deep sea fishing n he finally hooks a huge Swordfish .... With Trophy on da line ems is gettting really happy til........ WAMMY!!!! an Even Bigger Mako Shark Hits on the Swordfish .... RAWRSY !!!!!!:eek: da mako makes quick lunch of da swordies tail n emoblizes it n da fishes man is freak along with everyone on da boat lolol..... needless to say after the shark roams off the guy brings the swordie aboard to show the damage the shark cause to ems big trophy :S

-Sprout85 =)

Oepty
13-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Barry wins.

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
14-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Barry wins.

that sounds like good news.

but what did he win ? was it second prize in a beauty contest ?

ER
14-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Back in Melbourne for a couple of days. Off to Northerv NSW for a few more now!

Oepty
30-05-2013, 09:21 PM
I am back, hopefully Barry will not continue to spread lies about me this time or I will go again.

Rincewind
30-05-2013, 10:10 PM
I am back, hopefully Barry will not continue to spread lies about me this time or I will go again.

Have you taken an anger management course?

Oepty
30-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Have you taken an anger management course?

You are a disgrace.
Goodbye

Kevin Bonham
30-05-2013, 11:04 PM
You are a disgrace.
Goodbye

Think that one was self-inflicted actually.

Rincewind
31-05-2013, 02:06 AM
You are a disgrace.
Goodbye

So that is a "no"?

Adamski
31-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Hey Barry. Please lay off on having a go at Oepty. I think the last couple of posts from you were uncalled for. It would be sad if he feels unable to return as he has made valuable conyributions to this forum.

Kevin Bonham
31-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Hey Barry. Please lay off on having a go at Oepty. I think the last couple of posts from you were uncalled for.

Oepty blatantly started this one by having a go at Rincewind as soon as he returned. Had he instead returned on a calmer footing it is unlikely Rincewind would have responded in that fashion and perhaps Oepty wouldn't have left.

Rincewind
31-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Hey Barry. Please lay off on having a go at Oepty. I think the last couple of posts from you were uncalled for. It would be sad if he feels unable to return as he has made valuable conyributions to this forum.

I have no issue with Scott. But when he turned up he immediately challenged me in the shoutbox and called me a liar in a post. I made a somewhat light-hearted reply to both which he again overreacted to and stormed off in a hissy fit.

While I agree he did make valuable contributions to the site in the past, the passive aggressive histrionics he carried on with last night were neither valuable not contributed anything worthwhile.

ER
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Leaving home in a few for a nice lunch down at the Beachcombers ...

Then for a walk along the beach to Sth Melbourne to see a friend.

At around 5:00 PM I will walk down to Port Melbourne to go aboard Spirit of Tassie!

Back some time mid next week!

ER
09-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Off to Europe to chase the summer.
See you back in aussie spring!

Desmond
09-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Off to Europe to chase the summer.
See you back in aussie spring!
Jeez your life is just one holiday after another isn't it. have fun mate. :P

ER
13-07-2013, 07:52 PM
thanks mate!

Adamski
23-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Preparing to go to NZ for 2 weeks next week. Wont be posting much as too much to do. The main reason for the trip is my father's 80th birrhday. Geoff Adams taught me chess and still plays a good game.

ER
23-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Preparing to go to NZ for 2 weeks next week. Wont be posting much as too much to do. The main reason for the trip is my father's 80th birrhday. Geoff Adams taught me chess and still plays a good game.

Great news Adamski! Enjoy your trip to New Zealand as I am sure it will bring back many wonderful memories. Also happy early birthday to your dad! I am sure Mr Geoff Adams will let you win a game or two since you are a good son! :)

ER
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
OK I am off to Europe Friday evening, Etihad messaged me there was a seat available for the flight to Athens, so I will have a good night's sleep on the plane and thus saving more than 12 hours! See you all when I come back! My original departure time was for Sat around mid day some time! I might drop in to see what's going on at some stage! Cheers and good luck to everyone!

Adamski
18-10-2013, 12:06 AM
I am back after a great time in kiwiland. Highlight was my dad's 80th party. I saw some rellies I have not seen for at least 25 years!

jak enjoy your latest (and future) travels.

ER
18-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I am back after a great time in kiwiland. Highlight was my dad's 80th party. I saw some rellies I have not seen for at least 25 years!

jak enjoy your latest (and future) travels.

good to see you back Adamski and nice to know you enjoyed dad's birthday party! I tried to respond to your facebook posting as well but it would not let me enter and "like" on it! (I keep on having FB problems from servers overhere)!

ER
05-11-2013, 01:33 AM
back in Australia Wed evening, then straight to Mildura for a few days rest! I don't think I will enter the chess thingy though, but I will certainly drop in the venue at some stage! :)

ER
22-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Reducing considerably my business schedule for the first half of 2014 so I can fit in trips to both Canada and South America. Of course both destinations require a longish staying there so one can enjoy them!

Adamski
22-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Reducing considerably my business schedule for the first half of 2014 so I can fit in trips to both Canada and South America. Of course both destinations require a longish staying there so one can enjoy them!Enjoy as always, jak! Envious again!

ER
22-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Enjoy as always, jak! Envious again!

Thanks, Adamski but I was just informed that my staying in Adelaide has been re-scheduled.

That means instead of returning to Melbourne on Dec 29 I have to stay in the beautiful city of churches until Jan 5!
That also means celebrating both Xmas and New Year there which I don't mind at all!
That means good bye Aus Championships as well! Well, I might have time to play in the Blitz champs!

antichrist
23-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Jak, not very nice where somewhere you posted that you only travel cattle class when with chess mates as not to show them up

ER
23-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Well, I know you wouldn't like my flying business class while the likes of you would have to bludge for a lift, scrounge for a meal (leftovers at lebo greasy takeaways) and beg for a night's sleep in a bed bug ridden bed! I know it hurts you ali baba but sorry, I can't help you! :)

antichrist
23-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Well, I know you wouldn't like my flying business class while the likes of you would have to bludge for a lift, scrounge for a meal (leftovers at lebo greasy takeaways) and beg for a night's sleep in a bed bug ridden bed! I know it hurts you ali baba but sorry, I can't help you! :)

Some of our chess professionals and international greats have done just that for their love of the game - not just being camera monkeys

ER
23-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Some of our chess professionals and international greats have done just that for their love of the game - not just being camera monkeys

well you 're neither a chess professional, nor an international great! :) You 're just a hopeless silly old chess baboon, spending your time [snip-mod] in front of a TV set fantasising about places around the world that I visit at will!

ER
23-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Adamski but I was just informed that my staying in Adelaide has been re-scheduled.

That means instead of returning to Melbourne on Dec 29 I have to stay in the beautiful city of churches until Jan 5!
That also means celebrating both Xmas and New Year there which I don't mind at all!
That means good bye Aus Championships as well! Well, I might have time to play in the Blitz champs!

Well, there are lovely places to visit in Adelaide and South Australia in general. I hope the weather is good there for some camping in the Grampians which I haven't done for 3-4 years, and a visit to the Kangaroo Island to start with!

antichrist
23-11-2013, 05:30 PM
well you 're neither a chess professional, nor an international great! :) You 're just a hopeless silly old chess baboon, spending your time [snip-mod] in front of a TV set fantasising about places around the world that I visit at will!

l from Box HIll and Canterbury News:

Billets Required
Leonid Sandler is still looking for families to billet two overseas entrants to the Australasian Masters event that will be
hosted by the Boxhill Chess Club from 14-22 December 2013.

He was hoping that someone with an interest in Vietnam might host the Vietnamese International Grandmaster Tu
Hoang Thong who is a well known player and coach.

The other player that requires a billet is New Zealand international FIDE Master Bob Smith, who is well known to the
Australian Chess community.

Please address all inquiries to Leonid at leonidsandlerchess@gmail.com or mob.0412201891
…..or have a chat with Trevor Stanning first.

AC
Just as was done in olden days so not too expensive for players, and more can come

ER
23-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Vietnam not on my near future travel scheduling. I mean people were great and hospitable bar them army and police officers who thought of any possible way to make Australian and American visitors' life as difficult as they possibly could. Was I demonstrating against conscription chanting "one, two, three, four we don't want your ****ing war" during my silly - revolution now days just to bring these bastards to power? Plus Saigon (I kept on calling it that way just to break their balls) as well as Hanoi's streets are like death traps for pedestrians. Real people though are grateful for the westerners' money presence there and I can't claim I had a bad time there!

Ian Rout
02-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Probably not of great interest (except to people who already know), but I will be between islands over the next few days and only intermittently on the air.

Adamski
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Also probably not of great interest, but I have been focused on job hunting lately and have little time for Chess Chat unfortunately. (So a bit of a "going".)

ER
02-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Probably not of great interest (except to people who already know), but I will be between islands over the next few days and only intermittently on the air.

Enjoy your trip (s) and have a great time Ian.

Also probably not of great interest, but I have been focused on job hunting lately and have little time for Chess Chat unfortunately. (So a bit of a "going".)
To your (many) friends it is of great interest Adamski, since we all want you to be successful in your job seeking endeavours!

ER
16-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Adelaide - Kangaroo Island - Adelaide - Grampians - Melbourne.

Kevin Bonham
16-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Don't expect me to be reliably online in a hurry most of the time in the next 2 weeks.

Adamski
16-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Adelaide - Kangaroo Island - Adelaide - Grampians - Melbourne.Round, round get-around, jak gets around! Enjoy mate!

ER
16-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Round, round get-around, jak gets around! Enjoy mate!

lol thanks Adamski, ceteris paribus 2014 will be a work free zone! :)

ER
23-12-2013, 07:17 AM
lol thanks Adamski, ceteris paribus 2014 will be a work free zone! :)

bound for South Australia! :)

ER
19-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Off to NSW for business early tomorrow! No matter what, I will make sure that I 'll be back for the Australia Day weekender!

Adamski
19-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Off to NSW for business early tomorrow! No matter what, I will make sure that I 'll be back for the Australia Day weekender!I assume you mean the Victorian one! That at norths NSW is the Peter Parr memorial.

BTW still job-hunting.

ER
19-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I assume you mean the Victorian one! That at norths NSW is the Peter Parr memorial.

yep, apologies Adamski, I should have clarified that. I have already entered the MCC Australia Day Weekender.

BTW still job-hunting

that's no good Adamski. I still have my god son and his mum here and she told me that there are plenty of IT jobs in Perth mine sites but I know that your family commitments wouldn't allow you such ventures. All I can do is pray for you wishing that you 'll be employed soon!

Kevin Bonham
19-02-2014, 08:39 PM
While I am online a bit during my current fieldwork it is on a poorer than usual connection and with limited time. Therefore please send any moderation requests to a different moderator until March 1. Thanks.

Adamski
20-02-2014, 12:01 AM
To your (many) friends it is of great interest Adamski, since we all want you to be successful in your job seeking endeavours!

There has been a positive development in regard to my job hunt and I hope to have good news to share soon. (Westpac laid me off 10 Jan.)

Adamski
20-02-2014, 12:04 AM
While I am online a bit during my current fieldwork it is on a poorer than usual connection and with limited time. Therefore please send any moderation requests to a different moderator until March 1. Thanks.

Best wishes for the latest field work, kev. What members of the animal kingdom are involved?

Adamski
25-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Coming out of unemployement and going to work tomorrow! i have a new IT job with Australian company Datalynx. Thanks to all those who have shown interest in this journey, especially jak for his posts here.

Desmond
26-02-2014, 06:29 AM
Coming out of unemployement and going to work tomorrow! i have a new IT job with Australian company Datalynx. Thanks to all those who have shown interest in this journey, especially jak for his posts here.
I notice they list HP as a partner for data management. Do they use Autonomy / IDOL?

Adamski
26-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Not sure yet. They have their own DM and DQ/ data cleansing software and a number of partners. BTW I used to work for Digital Equipment Corp in NZ, now part of HP. Do you work in data management space too rr?

Desmond
26-02-2014, 12:13 PM
I know some of the former digital guys, working at HP as architects now. We might have some mutual acquaintances. :)

I'm more on the infrastructure pre-sales side than DM par se, but I find IDOL pretty interesting.

Adamski
26-02-2014, 07:51 PM
I know some of the former digital guys, working at HP as architects now. We might have some mutual acquaintances. :)

I'm more on the infrastructure pre-sales side than DM par se, but I find IDOL pretty interesting.PM me the Digital architect names you know. Thanks rr.

Desmond
26-02-2014, 09:40 PM
PM me the Digital architect names you know. Thanks rr.

uPG3YMcSvzo

Adamski
28-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Good one. Worlds do indeed collide. But they don't have to blow up! PM me what company you work for sometime.

ER
08-03-2014, 12:44 AM
My international travel scheduling starts taking shape! There will be touring of Scandinavia (yes I will drop in to say g'day to the aussies at Tromso), around August then Finland, no Ukraine or Russia this time :( for obvious reasons), then down South for the Balkans then across to Italy and Spain, then to Turkey and back to Aus. I have left June and July free because I might decide to check out that Brazil Mundial gig at the last moment. If that happens I would have to stay longer in South America to visit Peru, Argentina and Chile as it was originally planned. If not, I will give Latin America a miss for 2014 and I will visit there after the pilgrimage to Gallipoli for the ANZACs 100th anniversary. For the time being I am extremely busy in Melbourne and Sydney (having left only Sat afternoons for some chess at Noble Park Chess Club)! I will see you all around May! Knocking off now! Cagles to all! :)

Adamski
26-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Boy, jak certainly does still get around!

ER
26-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Boy, jak certainly does still get around!

lol Adamski, what 'd ya mean "still"? I haven't started in earnest yet! :) :P

Scott
05-04-2014, 01:51 PM
In times past times were good, I was ignorant and times were good. I now know but still have some fond memories.

Thank you for when times were good, but now things are better.

That is why I paid, for times past when in ignorance times were good.

Now I hate chess tournaments, but I still like chess, just keep the money away and it is still good.

I have come again, I will go again, hopefully after good new not bad.

Adamski
18-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Off to Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, UAE tomorrow night as non-playing captain of the Western Sydney team for the Asian Club Champions League. I hope to post our results.
On the weekend this Kiwi but Australian registered chess player bought himself a jacket with "Australia" on the back!

ER
18-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Off to Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, UAE tomorrow night as non-playing captain of the Western Sydney team for the Asian Club Champions League. I hope to post our results.
On the weekend this Kiwi but Australian registered chess player bought himself a jaclet with "Australia" on the back!

My best wishes for a great time in Al Ain, successful completion of your duties and of course honour the Aussie colours Adamski!
Expecting some nice pictures and details of your trip! God Bless!

ER
23-06-2014, 11:57 PM
The absolutely blissful moments when

1) you have completed all the details for your European summer vacation (Departing August, 1).

2) you have learned all the latest technology tricks for recording sports from your TV when you are away! (that means you don't have to depend on bribing your god son to do it for you anymore! suffer PP!!! :P

3) knowing that you will spend the next weekend at Watsons Bay in Sydney relaxing before the geriatrics tournament at Norths.

Desmond
24-06-2014, 07:56 PM
knowing that you will spend the next weekend at Watsons Bay in Sydney relaxing before the geriatrics tournament at Norths.
When are you in town mate, I have to buy you a beer. :)

ER
25-06-2014, 11:31 PM
sure son and thanks. I will be coming up a few days before the start of tournament so we will certainly catch up! :)

MichaelBaron
27-06-2014, 02:54 PM
3) knowing that you will spend the next weekend at Watsons Bay in Sydney relaxing before the geriatrics tournament at Norths.
[/LIST]

Geriatrics tournament...now that its 50+ some of the participants will be rather youthful :)

Adamski
27-06-2014, 04:17 PM
sure son and thanks. I will be coming up a few days before the start of tournament so we will certainly catch up! :)Enjoy your time in Sydney, Elliott. I will be back there on Monday night.

ER
29-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Enjoy your time in Sydney, Elliott. I will be back there on Monday night.

thanks mate, most probably I 'll see you there at some stage! Cheers I am off to the airport now, bye all!

Adamski
12-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Start a new job on Monday. Senior Consultant (Information Management and Business Intelligence - i.e. still in IT), Hitting the ground running as i am straight off to a client site. Expect a reduction in the number of posts from me. This one has a nice round number.

Edit: It was post number 6,800 from me.

ER
12-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Start a new job on Monday. Senior Consultant (Information Management and Business Intelligence - i.e. still in IT), Hitting the ground running as i am straight off to a client site. Expect a reduction in the number of posts from me. This one has a nice round number.

That's fantastic news Adamski! I wish you all the best with the new job, God bless!

Adamski
12-07-2014, 05:53 PM
That's fantastic news Adamski! I wish you all the best with the new job, God bless!Many thanks, Elliott. I aspire to be as good a photographer as you!

MichaelBaron
13-07-2014, 02:42 AM

Congratulations on your new job! Senior Consultant..sounds great!

MichaelBaron
13-07-2014, 02:47 AM

Amazing :).

ER
13-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Many thanks, Elliott. I aspire to be as good a photographer as you!

That's a great compliment and thanks Adamski.

Here's one from Queenstown, South Island NZ (taken from the Gondola) specially dedicated to Mrs Adams and you..

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_8345.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_8345.jpg.html)

Photo: Elliott Renzies

BTW as another recognition of my efforts I am happy to inform you that pictures from my NZ Aerial Memories collection, (which you might have already seen exhibited on Face Book) have been accepted for publication by National Geographic

Adamski
13-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks to both Michael and Elliott Your congratulations and Elliott's latest photo ftom my favorite city!) are appreciated. And well done E.R. with National Geographic! Time to get organized for first day tomorrow.

Adamski
19-07-2014, 08:23 PM
First week of new job has been busy. Straight out to client site on day 1. No time for much chesschat though I have read some posts and am sad to see that some teams missed the registration deadline for Olympiad, including the strong Russian women's team.

ER
28-07-2014, 07:02 PM
OK time for me to get my stuff together and push off to Europe! See you when I see you!

Desmond
28-07-2014, 07:25 PM
OK time for me to get my stuff together and push off to Europe! See you when I see you!Not if I see you first! Have fun mate

ER
17-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Not if I see you first! Have fun mate

LOL correct as usual! :) Still enjoying the Med beaches... about to head North, on Tuesday! :)

Basil
23-08-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm logging off now. Back in the next week or so.

ER
13-09-2014, 08:48 PM
back!

ER
27-09-2014, 03:13 PM
off for a few days of rest in country Victoria. Albury (OK Wodonga! :P) and Shepparton amongst other towns. Then I am flying to Sydney for a week or so (maybe I make time for the West Ryde - Eastwood tournament) !

ER
30-10-2014, 03:10 AM
All of the above completed as planned.
Now scheduling itineraries for 2015
Jan. Sydney for the Aus Open
May. Flying to Europe earlier this year.

This is the first leg

01. Madrid
02. Lisbon
03. Madrid
04. Granada
05. Seville
06. Cordoba
07. Barcelona
08. Dubrovnik - maybe a short trip to Zadar
09. Podgorica (invited to wedding A)
10. Bitola
11. Thessaloniki
12. Athens

2nd leg includes Beirut and/or Tripoli (*) for my personal accountant daughter's wedding. (wedding B)
(*) Parents of both families insist for the wedding to take place in Lebanon.
Bride to be and one of the grand mothers won't have a bar of it. For them it's either West Bank or nothing.
I don't know who's more lunatic. Them for wanting to get married in a mad house or me who has accepted the invitation to attend!

Adamski
30-10-2014, 07:10 AM
Wow You are the international globetroter, arent you, Elliott! Envious again

ER
30-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Wow You are the international globetroter, arent you, Elliott! Envious again
well, no family responsibilities (has other drawbacks though) and wise planning (no drawbacks :) ) is the name of the game Adamski!

antichrist
01-11-2014, 06:18 PM
2nd leg includes Beirut and/or Tripoli (*) for my personal accountant daughter's wedding. (wedding B)
Bride to be and one of the grand mothers won't have a bar of it. For them it's either West Bank or nothing.
I don't know who's more lunatic. Them for wanting to get married in a mad house or me who has accepted the invitation to attend!

I believe there may be a film on this very topic of where the wedding would be.

ER
04-12-2014, 04:20 PM
All of the above completed as planned.
Now scheduling itineraries for 2015
Jan. Sydney for the Aus Open
May. Flying to Europe earlier this year.

This is the first leg

01. Madrid
02. Lisbon
03. Madrid
04. Granada
05. Seville
06. Cordoba
07. Barcelona
08. Dubrovnik - maybe a short trip to Zadar
09. Podgorica (invited to wedding A)
10. Bitola
11. Thessaloniki
12. Athens

stuff them, the situation there doesn't seem to get any better. additionally it looks as though the Israelis would have a more conservative right wing govt by then in order to deal with the existing problems more effectively. It was hard in the first place to get into West Bank with all those restrictions and control check points; now I wouldn't be surprised if the initially chosen wedding place - if Adilah and her grandma had it their way was settled by then.

So I will add some Mediterranean cruise or something instead. Haven't decided yet.

I am at this moment very busy organising my traveling (mainly for pleasure as well as some chess - not that chess is not pleasant) MCC weekender, followed by the Open in Sydney, then before the European Spring / Summer campaign a bit of an aussie or Asian break, we 'll see!

So I will leave you here wishing you and your families a very happy, prosperous and above all healthy new year 2015.

MichaelBaron
04-12-2014, 04:47 PM
[/s]

stuff them, the situation there doesn't seem to get any better. additionally it looks as though the Israelis would have a more conservative right wing govt by then in order to deal with the existing problems more effectively. It was hard in the first place to get into West Bank with all those restrictions and control check points; now I wouldn't be surprised if the initially chosen wedding place - if Adilah and her grandma had it their way was settled by then.

So I will add some Mediterranean cruise or something instead. Haven't decided yet.

I am at this moment very busy organising my traveling (mainly for pleasure as well as some chess - not that chess is not pleasant) MCC weekender, followed by the Open in Sydney, then before the European Spring / Summer campaign a bit of an aussie or Asian break, we 'll see!

So I will leave you here wishing you and your families a very happy, prosperous and above all healthy new year 2015.

Lovely travel schedule. Good luck!

Desmond
04-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Lovely travel schedule. Good luck!And good luck to the other passengers and organisers!

Adamski
04-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Bon voyage, Elliott!

MichaelBaron
04-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Bon voyage, Elliott!

Opps, when wishing -forgot to do so on behalf of both of us :)

antichrist
05-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Opps, when wishing -forgot to do so on behalf of both of us :)

If elliot cannot take clearer pics then what are printed in that Canterbury news bulletin I suggest that he leave his camera at home

Adamski
05-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Hey AC. The photos I have seen by Elliott are great. Maybe the problem in the case you cite was with the quality of reproduction in the bulletin rather than the photos themselves. Many great photos by him are on CC.

antichrist
05-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Hey AC. The photos I have seen by Elliott are great. Maybe the problem in the case you cite was with the quality of reproduction in the bulletin rather than the photos themselves. Many great photos by him are on CC.

My favourite is of his hi fi set in house - a stunner

ER
23-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Phew, with the year almost over time to have a final general look for the first seven months of 2015

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/IMG_2717_zps7d79327e.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/IMG_2717_zps7d79327e.jpg.html)

Jan. Sydney for Aus Open
Jan - Break at Sunshine Coast
Jan - Aus Day Weekender at Sunshine Coast
Jan - Feb Break in SE Asia
March - Break in South Island NZ
April - ACT Doeberl
May - Europe. Spain, Portugal, Spain (extensive)
June - Europe, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey
July - Sydney for the Zonal

Time for a well deserved break back at home after all that don't you think? Thanks to Elena for taking my picture in PAOK Stadium - Thessaloniki and thanks to my investments (especially to the newly added Medical Private Limited - MPL) for so magnanimously financing my globe trotting!
Merry Christmas and a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to all!
To my Christian friends, God bless you!
To my friends from other religions, God bless you!
To my atheopath and agnostic friends God help bless you too! :) :P

antichrist
27-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Ellliott from above: are you going to have itinerary that printed on back of a t-shirt like the Stones etc do?

Adamski
19-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Not posting much this week - focusing on trying to do some prep for Australia Day Weekender (NSW).

MichaelBaron
20-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Not posting much this week - focusing on trying to do some prep for Australia Day Weekender (NSW).

Yes, preparation is time well spent :). Do not worry I will replace you in the ''good lucks'' department in the meantime. By the way, good luck in the tournament!

george
23-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Hi All,
Off to India again on Feb 10 - be back late March. If you have a need to contact SACA about Evelyn's Memorial comps contact Bill Anderson Smith. For general SACA info contact Will Wedding or Barry (ACF delegate).

Namaste!

Kevin Bonham
26-01-2015, 12:21 PM
I'll be offline a lot, and perhaps even completely, from tomorrow morning to the evening of Feburary 6th. Field trip to Corinna.

During this time please refer all moderation issues to another moderator.

Also during this time please do not send me private messages as they will probably not be answered.

ER
09-02-2015, 12:41 PM
SLIGHT CHANGES TO MY TRAVELLING SCHEDULE

Jan - Sydney for Aus Open DONE
Jan - Break at Sunshine Coast DONE
Jan - Aus Day Weekender at Sunshine Coast DONE
Jan - Feb Break in SE Asia DONE
Mar - Tassie break and chess ADDED
Mar - Break in South Island NZ
Apr - ACT Doeberl
Jun - Europe, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey
Jul - Sydney for the Zonal

oh and nice to be back home for a change! :P :) Here's a St Kilda sunset!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_2728_zpsgqhc7y51.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_2728_zpsgqhc7y51.jpg.html)

antichrist
10-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Surely Elliott with your heavy schedule you deserve your own thread, the least we could do for you in awe. Hope you are not on those discount airlines that are coming down so frequently these days. Hint, get good travel insurance in favour of NSWCA headquarters appeal.

ER
10-02-2015, 04:26 PM

Apr - ACT Doeberl
Jun - Europe, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_2728_zpsgqhc7y51.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_2728_zpsgqhc7y51.jpg.html)

As things change drastically, I might have to add another trip to my beloved USA which I haven't visited since 2012. I was planning South America at some stage for this or next year but I don't want to do that in less than a whole summer so I can go to as many countries as possible.
So I am very tempted to add the US and Canada in 2015 after July. It has to be at the end of the Northern hemisphere summer or early fall because it gets cold over there earlier than say the Mediterranean.
We' ll see how it goes!

Meanwhile my Tassie trip is approaching and I love Tassie as much as anywhere else in the world!

Adamski
23-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Due to a particularly busy period at work I do not currently have the time to participate very actively in CC. I will try and respond to questions on Christianity, prayer and evil posed by jammo when time permits

MichaelBaron
23-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Due to a particularly busy period at work I do not currently have the time to participate very actively in CC. I will try and respond to questions on Christianity, prayer and evil posed by jammo when time permits

Do not worry about other threads. If someone is in need of congratulations or big thank you...just let me know who they are and I will do so on your behalf :)

ER
28-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Final stage of preparations for my Tassie trip.
I look forward to seeing new places and re-visiting known ones.
I also look forward to meeting my Tasmanian chess friends during the Tassie Champs.

antichrist
28-02-2015, 07:39 PM
How are your ears holding up? Have they raptured yet?

ER
28-02-2015, 10:25 PM

Apr - ACT Doeberl

St Kilda Sunsets are world famous, however, Hobart is an absolutely lovely city too! :)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_8981.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_8981.jpg.html)

Rincewind
01-03-2015, 09:56 AM
How are your ears holding up? Have they raptured yet?

Ears coming off and ascending to heaven would be quite distressing.

antichrist
01-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Ears coming off and ascending to heaven would be quite distressing.

According to Tower of Babel Biblical story they almost reached Heaven, that been the case the ears could well be descending from 35,000 feet, and them already being ruptured on way up and down it would almost be painless, especially if chewed off in a Mile High Club escapade. That is what could be behind all his travels.

jammo
01-03-2015, 03:20 PM
According to Tower of Babel Biblical story they almost reached Heaven, that been the case the ears could well be descending from 35,000 feet, and them already being ruptured on way up and down it would almost be painless, especially if chewed off in a Mile High Club escapade. That is what could be behind all his travels.

I'm in rupture over your spelling of "being" (been).

ER
01-03-2015, 03:59 PM
After Tassie, South Island NZ awaits. And it's beautiful too! I mean New Zealand is a lovely place no matter where you visit, but Queenstown is something exceptional! Here's a picture from my last visit there! :)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_8345.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/100_8345.jpg.html)

antichrist
01-03-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm in rupture over your spelling of "being" (been).

I actually had the correct bean down but it was the jumping variety

ER
01-03-2015, 07:58 PM
After Tassie, South Island NZ awaits. And it's beautiful too! I mean New Zealand is a lovely place no matter where you visit, but Queenstown is something exceptional! Here's a picture from my last visit there! :)

Thinking about it, I might have to extend my staying in Tassie to include Burnie. Glen Osborne House, where I stayed last time I was there, according to some is a tad expensive but hey! When talking about class money is rather irrelevant! :P :)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/glenosbornehouse_zps8742a9a9.png (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/jak_jak1/media/glenosbornehouse_zps8742a9a9.png.html)

Adamski
02-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Enjoy my birth island, Elliott! I agree on Queenstown - one of my fav spots in the world.

ER
10-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Enjoy my birth island, Elliott! I agree on Queenstown - one of my fav spots in the world.

Thanks Jonathan. After A lovely holiday in Tassie and a few days rest in Melbourne I look forward to revisiting that Paradise on Earth called Queenstown! :)

Adamski
14-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Due to contnued busyness at work, my participation here will remain limited for the next few months. I have a senior role on an Agile IT project. I also have NSWCA responsibilities. But pleased to see Dr Tony Dowden has taken up the cudgel for me on the Prayer and Evil thread.

jammo
14-03-2015, 11:48 AM
Due to contnued busyness at work, my participation here will remain limited for the next few months. I have a senior role on an Agile IT project. I also have NSWCA responsibilities. But pleased to see Dr Tony Dowden has taken up the cudgel for me on the Prayer and Evil thread.

I'm sure that we all pray for your speedy return to full activity on this forum Adamski.

MichaelBaron
14-03-2015, 11:25 PM

Wow...what an important mission :)...to ''work'' on Prayer and Evil Thread

jammo
15-03-2015, 08:42 AM
But pleased to see Dr Tony Dowden has taken up the cudgel for me on the Prayer and Evil thread.

Yesterday I prayed to God that Adamski would answer my questions on how prayer worked. He replied "Wait".
Today I prayed to God that Tony Dowden would answer my questions on how prayer worked. He replied "No".
Tomorrow I will pray to God that Jono doesn't answer my questions on how prayer worked. Perhaps this time I will finally get a "Yes".

antichrist
15-03-2015, 10:26 AM
With the prayers side batting average so low I don't think any more leave should be granted - they need a full team

ER
25-03-2015, 09:10 PM
•Jan. Sydney for Aus Open DONE
•Jan - Break at Sunshine Coast DONE
•Jan - Aus Day Weekender at Sunshine Coast DONE
•Jan - Feb Break in SE Asia DONE
•March - Break in South Island NZ DONE
•April - ACT Doeberl
•May - Europe. Spain, Portugal, Spain (extensive)
•June - Europe, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey
•July - Sydney for the Zonal [LIST]
August - Greece for the Kavala Open and other countries not scheduled yet. JUST ADDED
After the Cricket Grand Final in Melbourne this coming Sunday, I am heading to Canberra for the Doeberl!

Adamski
25-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Lucky man, Elliott! I"d love to be at the MCG on my birthday on Sunday! Guess what I want for a present?

MichaelBaron
25-03-2015, 10:54 PM
Lucky man, Elliott! I"d love to be at the MCG on my birthday on Sunday! Guess what I want for a present?

Even better if you get there on Saturday - can play allegro!

ER
26-03-2015, 01:24 AM

Thanks Adamski, purchasing a ticket for the final at the MCG was a priority. As I noted elsewhere in the forum this Sunday is going to be a special occasion for me! Regardless of today's other semi final result, seeing Daniel Vettori - one of my most favourite cricketers ever, playing live for first and maybe last time is really a highlight. LOL I don't have to think hard to know what present you would like for your birthday! A win for the Kiwi team in their first ever grand final appearance! All I can hope for is a game between two great teams. According to weather report it will be a bright sunny 25° day on Sunday!

Desmond
26-03-2015, 06:11 AM

An extra star on your flag?

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
29-03-2015, 08:45 PM

purple flip flops ?

jammo
29-03-2015, 08:54 PM
purple flip flops ?

I think he would rather have a pair of thongs.

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
29-03-2015, 09:15 PM
I think he would rather have a pair of thongs.

Its entirely possible but I think he might prefer jandals over thongs.

ER
31-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Off to Das Kapital for the Doeberl. Happy Easter to all!

Kevin Bonham
13-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Moderation Notice

antichrist is asked to cease trolling anyone on this thread, and trolling a particular poster anywhere. Post deleted.

ER
15-04-2015, 07:50 AM
•April - ACT Doeberl DONE
•May - Europe. Spain, Portugal, Spain (extensive)
•June - Europe, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey
•July - Sydney for the Zonal
August - Greece for the Kavala Open and other countries not scheduled yet.

Final stage of preparation for the European trip has begun!

ER
30-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Off to Spain tomorrow. Talk soon! cheers and good luck to all!

Adamski
30-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Off to Spain tomorrow. Talk soon! cheers and good luck to all!Have a great time, Elliott. Do come back to moderate the Baron - Jammo match to raise funds for Nepal! Moderate includes ensure no violence [or speaking of harsh words to one another] occurs! Buenos nachos! (I can't be bothered looking up the spelling right now, but have some nachos if you like.)

Capablanca-Fan
01-05-2015, 01:44 AM
Jammo is not that old anyway (62).

ER
08-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Thanks Adamski. I am enjoying my sunbathing under the splendid Mediterranean sun in Costa Del Sol at present to even think about the Jammo versus Baron match. My sponsorship offer stll stands though! Cheers and good luck to all!

Adamski
10-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Due to general busyness in my life, especially work, I will primarily be posting NSWCA official stuff and related for a while. But I do wish Elliott a good holiday and hope he enjoyed Juventus beating Real Madrid!

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
10-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Due to general busyness in my life, especially work, I will primarily be posting NSWCA official stuff and related for a while. But I do wish Elliott a good holiday and hope he enjoyed Juventus beating Real Madrid!

going ? coming ? :hmm:

MichaelBaron
10-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Your good luck wishes will be missed:hand:

Adamski
12-05-2015, 01:26 PM
going ? coming ? :hmm:

More going than coming! :)

Basil
13-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Closing out 2 days in Adelaide. Beautiful as always. Cold as a ...

ER
24-05-2015, 04:35 AM
Back in Aus sometime in June to prepare for and play in the zonal. Then off to Europe again for the 2015 Open, and continue the "Follow the Summers" theme! :)

Johns
30-05-2015, 10:43 AM
i think this si where i say hello to every one

ER
21-06-2015, 07:29 PM
•May - Europe. Spain, Portugal, Spain (extensive) DONE
•June - Europe, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Macedonia, Greece, DONE
•July - Sydney for the Zonal • August - Greece for the Kavala Open
(other countries of this overseas trip not scheduled yet.
Here's Poseidon's Temple in Sounion - the southernmost part of the Attica Peninsula in Greece2915

ER
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Off to Sydney, see you all (who are going for the Zonal) there! ;)

ER
27-07-2015, 07:58 AM
•July - Sydney for the Zonal DONE
• August - Greece for the Kavala Open
(other countries of this overseas trip not scheduled yet.

OK time to get ready for departure!
See you all when I come back! :) cheers and good luck to all!

Adamski
28-07-2015, 08:34 AM
Enjoy Greece, Elliott, but don't expect to be able to use banks or ATMs.

ER
28-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Enjoy Greece, Elliott, but don't expect to be able to use banks or ATMs.

Thanks Adamski! :) Withdrawal restrictions have "eased" now from a €60 daily limit to a cumulative €420 for the week :lol: but are imposed only to the locals! Foreign ATM, travel money and credit card holders face no limits. Of course I never enter any country without having a sufficient amount of cash in their currency!

ER
30-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Finally back home! :)

What we did so far in 2015:

• August - Greece for the Kavala Open DONE

August - Romania (Pitesti, Brasov, Sinaia, Bucharest) DONE
August - Bulgaria (Plovdiv, Sofia) DONE
August - Greece (Athens) DONE

MichaelBaron
30-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Finally back home! :)

What we did so far in 2015:

• August - Greece for the Kavala Open DONE

August - Romania (Pitesti, Brasov, Sinaia, Bucharest) DONE
August - Bulgaria (Plovdiv, Sofia) DONE
August - Greece (Athens) DONE

Well done! Amazing list of places! How does the work fit into the schedule? Shall we assume that you moved out of happy working into happy retirement?

ER
30-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Well done! Amazing list of places! How does the work fit into the schedule? Shall we assume that you moved out of happy working into happy retirement?

hi Michael and thanks! :) actually and with only a few infinitesimal exceptions I am into the fourth stage of my lifestyle's (*) guadriptych:

STAGE ONE work hard, save harder
STAGE TWO invest aggressively
STAGE THREE invest sensibly
STAGE FOUR spend the bloody lot and enjoy life

(*) that's for the last quarter of the century. In my previous life there was a very long stage of procrastination with the main slogan being
Never do today what you can always do tomorrow and just enjoy life!

Back to the topic of the thread, I have already began my planning for next year which includes visits to Baku (for the Chess Olympiad and not only) Yerevan, Tbilisi, Moscow and St Petersburg in its first part!

Desmond
30-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Good for you mate. One helluva ride, I'm sure.

MichaelBaron
31-08-2015, 12:06 AM
hi Michael and thanks! :) actually and with only a few infinitesimal exceptions I am into the fourth stage of my lifestyle's (*) guadriptych:

STAGE ONE work hard, save harder
STAGE TWO invest aggressively
STAGE THREE invest sensibly
STAGE FOUR spend the bloody lot and enjoy life

(*) that's for the last quarter of the century. In my previous life there was a very long stage of procrastination with the main slogan being
Never do today what you can always do tomorrow and just enjoy life!

Back to the topic of the thread, I have already began my planning for next year which includes visits to Baku (for the Chess Olympiad and not only) Yerevan, Tbilisi, Moscow and St Petersburg in its first part!

Back in USSR :)

ER
31-08-2015, 04:10 AM
back in ussr :)
Вы правы мой дорогой товарищ ! :) :p

MichaelBaron
06-09-2015, 11:09 PM
Вы правы мой дорогой товарищ ! :) :p

wow, Your Russian is truly fluent..or at very least fluent use of Google translate :)

ER
07-09-2015, 03:52 AM
wow, Your Russian is truly fluent..or at very least fluent use of Google translate :)

Google always helps! :) but do not forget reading Cyrillic is not a problem for me. My knowledge in Russian is very limited indeed but I need to refresh whatever I know because (and that's following the thread's topic) I plan to go to Baku, then Armenia, Georgia and Russia as part of my travelling next year! :)

lost
13-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Google always helps! :) but do not forget reading Cyrillic is not a problem for me. My knowledge in Russian is very limited indeed but I need to refresh whatever I know because (and that's following the thread's topic) I plan to go to Baku, then Armenia, Georgia and Russia as part of my travelling next year! :)

The young people in Georgia hardly speak Russian. How do I know this? I am in Tbilisi now. Older generation do. Armenians are speaking Russian very good. Azeri's are also speaking Russian good as well.

Elliott, you should visit the Chess Palace's here in Tbilisi. When are you planning on coming to Georgia?

lost

ER
13-09-2015, 09:47 PM
The young people in Georgia hardly speak Russian. How do I know this? I am in Tbilisi now. Older generation do. Armenians are speaking Russian very good. Azeri's are also speaking Russian good as well.

Elliott, you should visit the Chess Palace's here in Tbilisi. When are you planning on coming to Georgia?

lost

Jamie how are you? I was actually thinking of refreshing my (very poor) skills in the Russian language for the Russian leg of my European trip. The plan (yet to be confirmed) is Australia, Italy then Greece for the Kavala Open, then Turkey. From there either from Istanbul or Ankara to Baku for a few days before the Olympiad, then watch some games and depart for Yerevan, then Tbilisi, Moscow, St Petersburg and Odessa if all is safe there. I was thinking of another Med cruise, to include Israel, Cyprus, Crete and Malta but not sure yet! Everyone in Kavala incl. Sandro and most of the other guys (I don't know their names) were asking about you, sending their greetings. I also missed GM Harikrishna who sometimes plays for Kavala CC by a couple of days. He was preparing for the WC. Also GM Antic is a frequent visitor!

lost
14-09-2015, 05:56 AM
Jamie how are you? I was actually thinking of refreshing my (very poor) skills in the Russian language for the Russian leg of my European trip. The plan (yet to be confirmed) is Australia, Italy then Greece for the Kavala Open, then Turkey. From there either from Istanbul or Ankara to Baku for a few days before the Olympiad, then watch some games and depart for Yerevan, then Tbilisi, Moscow, St Petersburg and Odessa if all is safe there. I was thinking of another Med cruise, to include Israel, Cyprus, Crete and Malta but not sure yet! Everyone in Kavala incl. Sandro and most of the other guys (I don't know their names) were asking about you, sending their greetings. I also missed GM Harikrishna who sometimes plays for Kavala CC by a couple of days. He was preparing for the WC. Also GM Antic is a frequent visitor!

Hi Elliott,

I am good. Let me know the schedule when I am back ion Melbourne. We will have to meet up to discuss more about this.

As for Kavala, I am very well known there as you can tell.

I will let you know via facebook of any other countries you may visit or play any chess tournaments in.

lost

MichaelBaron
14-09-2015, 10:03 AM

lost

And I am pretty sure when Azeris and Armenians are talking to each other they are speaking Russian rather than the language of the other party :). I would think most chess players (evey young one's) would be fairly fluent in Russian. Jobava for instance is super-fluent. In his case, it is not surprising though as he spends most of his time in Ukraine where his wife is from.

lost
15-09-2015, 10:17 PM
And I am pretty sure when Azeris and Armenians are talking to each other they are speaking Russian rather than the language of the other party :). I would think most chess players (evey young one's) would be fairly fluent in Russian. Jobava for instance is super-fluent. In his case, it is not surprising though as he spends most of his time in Ukraine where his wife is from.

Michael, Jobava is not married to a Ukrainian wife now, but a Montenegro chess player who represents Bosnia and Herzegovina who is a WGM and they are expecting a child anytime soon now.

Many young Georgians who are chess players are not learning Russian in schools now but drifting towards English more.

lost

ER
15-09-2015, 10:57 PM
The plan (yet to be confirmed) is Australia, Italy then Greece for the Kavala Open, then Turkey. From there either from Istanbul or Ankara to Baku for a few days before the Olympiad, then watch some games and depart for Yerevan, then Tbilisi, Moscow, St Petersburg and Odessa if all is safe there. I was thinking of another Med cruise, to include Israel, Cyprus, Crete and Malta but not sure yet!!...

Now, If the above tour is scheduled for mid July - August, it allows me sufficient time to visit US and Canada in their late spring (May-June) there!
Additionally, there is also time (about 8 full months from now) to fit in a couple of quickies to Asia mainly the Philippines (haven't been there for more than three years) China and Vietnam. We 'll see how it goes! ;) :) :P

ER
15-09-2015, 11:14 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/FEkXydNcgE9naHSoZWdHQB3AMaYdc5z52Je7JUVc3GvJvsYYS6 GUbn9CJQvbjEQDObb1KtzD3imOa7-9-8787UiNKhF8FoUHmtKElV-okFHIMFS2BeaTt5dCq7oD8O2DZz6Hz7RoP6F3LgVDQvzc4dQoN INeKloH6wuHfFtfwxTZhXqyG8xv_BUrbBizw26CRvZP2Jrp5y1 _LUdaPGbkshCno-FK90dJm1zt0gbwcWPrip3L9fSK_70UfNgTL7SIsuwWuXYXflt7 zHbbS4O0vGNWhrPEWXb91EeVvAPyWTXxHfqbDhRyQy-9RtCPqKm256yNTypflHvqbhNIQc584Ed9_ow-RNJ7JtnVQjJbHmHs3Xw923UJApT0sbYia95FAj1oYKPtzGXFB_ y9tG5oVtdPaLQ1htcodl6bJJl50MXqmqBxTFSXcxzbjrU9abx8 YBfu4ZiKgV0SEyHGYPnrZQrUSRAVvsYZf46oiN6iqQYIiJJGmQ AQYTBCsAjceCfyfKc50rCedS9qDiBfGUC6NhOdZzTttKrdipFr oQnRE3Ls=w1083-h586-no

Nice to be greeted with giant screens upon your arrival in hotels. Well, is not exactly the cheapest place to stay but hey it's only money! :P

Sunshine
25-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Dropping by after a long absence to catch up on the happenings - surprise I remember the username and password.

A lot of the names seem to have changed and it seems that the Chesschat tournaments have stopped (they were a lot of fun).

The fighting also seems to have settled down - I think I'll try to stay in touch.

Kevin Bonham
25-09-2015, 07:18 PM
A lot of the names seem to have changed and it seems that the Chesschat tournaments have stopped (they were a lot of fun).

Welcome back! More corro tournaments can be run any time there is sufficient interest. Really need at least four players who are seriously committed to finishing their games to make one worthwhile.

ER
25-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Welcome back Sunny! I remember you from two posts of yours some years back! One when you described yourself as a solar person and another related to having found the love of your life! I hope everything goes well with you! Whenever I find some time I will be glad to play in one of those corro tournaments like the ones we used to have here. But not at present! Cheers mate!

Sunshine
25-09-2015, 11:31 PM
The solar business - that was me, well done. Shut that down in 2012 due to Chinese competition but it had a good run - but morphed it into a specialty glass business that is going well - so the handle doesn't quiet fit.

Better not tell my wife of 22 years about me finding the love of my life ;) - hopefully I was referring to and old story.

I remember spending hours on those tournaments - they were pretty full on.

Is Gunner and Axiom still around ? Probably should do some searching but there are a heap of handles I'd be interested in knowing what they are up to - even though I never knew them personally.

Kevin Bonham
26-09-2015, 02:10 AM
Is Gunner and Axiom still around ?

Gunner is (currently under the username Basil).
Axiom got himself banned a large number of times and eventually permanently banned. Still "around" in the sense that he frequently signs up new accounts, which generally don't get through screening, and seldom last long if they do. Can be easily found on a certain small rival forum however.

Basil
26-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Present.

MichaelBaron
27-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Better not tell my wife of 22 years about me finding the love of my life ;) - hopefully I was referring to and old story.

I remember spending hours on those tournaments - they were pretty full on.

Chess files live on :)

Sunshine
28-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Present.

Gunner - how are you ?

Basil ? I recall the poll to choose your new handle - the result did not stick obviously (a bit like the Fed elections lately).

What is Heaviest Knight these days ? I recall hime going to Heavy Knight and then Just a Knight - hopefully he is Light Knight now.

Sunshine
28-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Gunner is (currently under the username Basil).
Axiom got himself banned a large number of times and eventually permanently banned. Still "around" in the sense that he frequently signs up new accounts, which generally don't get through screening, and seldom last long if they do. Can be easily found on a certain small rival forum however.

Ah, Kevin from Hobart - I have happy memories of my time down there.

Not a great surprise with Axiom I guess. He was a great character though - we played many, many matches on the web.
His handle there was "Warning" and it always spooked me when a challenge came through in the dark of the night.

Is Bill still around ? Boy did you and he have your hands full with Axiom and the others.

EDIT : Just saw Bill was still there in the ratings area - must be due for long service leave soon.

Sunshine
28-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Chess files live on :)

Hey Michael - we once played a quick game on some website a few years ago.

I recall having an absolute shocker in it - hopefully you have don't recall it.

Kevin Bonham
28-09-2015, 05:09 PM
What is Heaviest Knight these days ? I recall hime going to Heavy Knight and then Just a Knight - hopefully he is Light Knight now.

Now under his real name - Elliott Renzies.

ElevatorEscapee
28-09-2015, 10:15 PM

Gunner Who? :P

Bob C
05-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Hello folks. Does anyone here play chess at Lichess.org ? I think the place is freaking awesome.

ER
16-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Initial schedule for remaining 2015 and 2016

(there will be additions as we go)

Geelong, this Sunday, might go there Sat night
Canberra, mid November for the Vikings Chess
Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, right after Canberra
Europe (not specified countries yet) June, July, August

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
16-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Initial schedule for the remainder of Friday the 16th of October 2015.

# Go for a walk
# Eat a sandwich
# Check the letterbox
# Bring the washing inside
# Go to the toilet
# Sing Rule Britannia in the shower

antichrist
16-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Initial schedule for the remainder of Friday the 16th of October 2015.

# Go for a walk
# Eat a sandwich
# Check the letterbox
# Bring the washing inside
# Go to the toilet
# Sing Rule Britannia in the shower

Do you have the heated toilet seat, or the one that glows in the dark or with bum washer?

ER
19-10-2015, 09:23 AM

(there will be additions as we go)*

Geelong, this Sunday, might go there Sat night DONE
Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, right after Canberra
Ballarat for Begonia
Canberra for Doeberl

(*) Inserted a couple more

ER
04-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Je suis un Canadien maintenant !!! LOL no, it's only for a visit there!
:P

eTA number: J50…
Expiration: 2020/09/15
Passport number: N3…
Your application for an Electronic Travel Authorization
(eTA) has been approved. You are now authorized to travel to Canada by air.

ER
09-11-2015, 04:58 AM
There's gotta be some rather drastic changes made here

Geelong, this Sunday, might go there Sat night. DONE
Ballarat for the Archibald Awards 2015 Exhibition. DONE
Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, right after Canberra (*)
US, Canada, Alaska, Canada, US, extended tour (**)

(*)no aus funded third world assistance intention for the time being thanks :P
(**) a better investment toward the free speech, free enterprise, free everything
western world (unrtil further notice anyway)! :P :)

OK now departing for a relaxation Northern Victoria and Southern NSW trip
before the Vikings W/ender in Canberra!
See you all when I am back, cheers!

ER
18-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Geelong, for visiting Country Vic Chess Champs DONE
Ballarat for the Archibald Awards 2015 Exhibition. DONE
Canberra, mid November for the Vikings Chess DONE
US, Canada, Alaska, Canada, US, extended tour May 2016
Europe (not specified countries yet) June, July, August 2016

Xmas & NY break originally planned for either Sydney or Adelaide
have been canceled due to 2016 Aus Chess Champs held in Melbourne Vic

ER
05-02-2016, 11:47 PM
Off for a break in North QLD and Gold Coast after the Box Hill Arvo gig on Sunday! See you all when back!

Adamski
08-02-2016, 07:07 AM
Elliott has breaks between breaks. Others have breaks between events or working. Enjoy another break, Elliott!

ER
10-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Elliott has breaks between breaks. Others have breaks between events or working. Enjoy another break, Elliott!

Thanks Adamski! :) However, let me state that this ain't really a break despite previous claims. It's serious business as I have to defend my 50% reputation against those QLD sharks! :) (I won' t name names but they know who they are)! :P :)

MichaelBaron
11-02-2016, 10:41 AM
Thanks Adamski! :) However, let me state that this ain't really a break despite previous claims. It's serious business as I have to defend my 50% reputation against those QLD sharks! :) (I won' t name names but they know who they are)! :P :)

Given that the event is U1750 - I fancy your chances!

ER
14-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Given that the event is U1750 - I fancy your chances!

hey Michael thanks... :) 3.5/5 so far, but I think that being at Gold Coast, non chess related temptations can be referred to as a rather valid excuse! :) ;)

ER
09-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Ballarat for the 50th Begonia March 2016

Canberra for Doeberl March 2016

US,Canada, -Alaska, Canada, US, (in that order) extended tour May - June 2016

Europe (not specified countries yet - Kavala Gr for the Open is a def though)
June, July, August 2016

Brisbane for the Aus Open. Jan 2017

NZ - North Island, originally for the Zonal but with only a couple of days for
rest and travel preparation b/n Aus Open and Zonal not really worth it. So
I am flying to Auckland NZ straight from Brisbane and I might drop in Waipuna
on a day's trip to see the guys playing there!

ER
27-04-2016, 09:59 PM
I am out of here! Off to the USSR :P :) US and Canada!

MichaelBaron
04-05-2016, 02:46 AM
I am out of here! Off to the USSR :P :) US and Canada!

USSR would be nice :)

ER
04-05-2016, 04:04 AM
USSR would be nice :)

https://youtu.be/Vq1KbYUp8Ac

And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
(...)
I'm back in the USSR
You don't know how lucky you are, boys
Back in the USSR!!!!

MichaelBaron
11-05-2016, 11:44 AM
https://youtu.be/Vq1KbYUp8Ac

And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
(...)
I'm back in the USSR
You don't know how lucky you are, boys
Back in the USSR!!!!
Be careful when dealing with the Moscow girls ;)