PDA

View Full Version : Chess games databases

hrisunko
25-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Hello everybody!

I want to open a topic about the resources of chess databases available online. Where do you collect fresh games.

I personally prefer the 10 Days database of chessmix.com because my observations are to have the most games, also the tidiest and most organized.

Before I used twic but i had many work after that to orginize better the content.

If you have any favorites, please share with us.

Davidflude
30-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Best quality games ICCF not many but of course correspondence games are of a very high standard.

TWIC - just dump them on your biggest database.

IECG - anything and everything and a big mess

ChessLab has hraps of games - downloading them is hard work.

Jesse Jager
29-06-2005, 12:25 PM
The best place to find online games is at chessbase.com which has an online database with millions of games

Carl Gorka
20-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Hello everybody!

I want to open a topic about the resources of chess databases available online. Where do you collect fresh games.

I personally prefer the 10 Days database of chessmix.com because my observations are to have the most games, also the tidiest and most organized.

Before I used twic but i had many work after that to orginize better the content.

If you have any favorites, please share with us.

This is the best site to start looking for online games in my opinion

http://www.chessgameslinks.lars-balzer.info/

the sections on large databases and periodical games collections are excellent, as are the national databases

Carl

Spiny Norman
21-07-2005, 06:39 AM
I've used CHESSGAMES.COM for a while. Their database has 300,000+ games and an opening explorer that allows me to browse particular lines for interesting moves.