PDA

View Full Version : email from malcolm glazer

auriga
23-05-2005, 12:53 PM
just received email below from malcolm glazer:

---

Dear Soccer fans,

As you all know, i've been looking to buy the United's of Manchester for a little while now. I've also heard that some of you may not be too happy about me using, sorry, buying the club in order to reach new heights and also, that I may not be a fan.

Well fear not, as i'm writing this personal letter to let you know that i'm a genuine fan of you blue devils. I began rooting for the United's back in 1992 when our little Malcolm JR was practising those Soccer home runs out in the yard. I loved the way you turned defence into offence, and the way that Bobby Shearer used to top half it into the goal bag. Oh man, that play was hot. My
son tells me that you even out-zoned your City rivals Southampton in the 4th quarter of the FA World series.

As for your current team, that Rude guy is awesome!!!! I see a profitable future at the United, with the young talent of Cristiano Rooney (man, that guy can dance!) and Peter Shilton giving us hope in defeating the evil Russian tyranny which assaults the freedom of our beloved Soccer.

With the marketing potential of those Neville brothers and that Pearce dude leading the team, we can all look to acheiving our beliefs of a better future. Especially when I add Alexei Lalas and Cobi Jones to the starting 15.

Now to you, the fans.

I've been to see the United's play once before, and the respect you pay your team in silently admiring the play out on the pitch was overwhelming. Because of this, i've just purchased a new 45 million mansion in the Manchester to be close to you guys. And more good news is i'm planning to add an extra 10,000 seats through corporate boxes so more genuine blue devils can experience the play.

What's with the prawn sandwiches I had to eat when I was there? Well, rest assured, it'll be super size prawn baguettes when I take charge.

I can't wait to come over to the Manchester isles, as I love the country, especially the beaches and the hot chicks.

I hope you can all see my vision of this future, with new shirt sponsors (Dunkin Donuts) and new team name (The Manchester Gloom) i'm sure things are looking bright.

*Further good news for you Guys is that i've just agreed a partnership deal with McDonalds, who will help in promoting the Manchester brand. This will involve re-naming the stadium to 'McTrafford' as well as an exciting launch of Manchester Gloom plastic fan toys in every happy meal.

Cristiano Rooney will be the face of this campaign and during this, he will be marketed globally as Roonald McDonald.

Take care dudes.

EGOR
23-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Well, he sounds totally sincere to me!
It's just what Man. United deserve.:clap:

shaun
23-05-2005, 06:01 PM
What's the fuss? Everyone knows that real Mancunians support City anyway.

Denis_Jessop
23-05-2005, 09:45 PM

And real soccer fans support the Arsenal:

AH ARSENE ARSENAL

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Garvinator
24-05-2005, 01:44 AM
real fans of the round ball code would call it football, not soccer :P

Denis_Jessop
24-05-2005, 08:47 PM
real fans of the round ball code would call it football, not soccer :P

In the UK they call it "Foopball" :evil:

DJ

Garvinator
24-05-2005, 11:29 PM
In the UK they call it "Foopball" :evil:

DJ
ok i havent heard that one before, why do they call it that and what is the meaning :eek:

bergil
06-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Its Glazer's fault we lost the F.A Cup, after we outclassed the Arse all day only to lose on penalties. He has brought us and with him bad luck.

Denis_Jessop
06-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Its Glazer's fault we lost the F.A Cup, after we outclassed the Arse all day only to lose on penalties. He has brought us and with him bad luck.

Come, come - that's just an unenlightened press' view of what happened. What other team has ever had 23 (or was it 25?) shots on goal and not been able to convert one of them? The team looked liked Manchester Disorganised up front while the Arsenal defended brilliantly. My theory is that Arsene Wenger used his uncharacterisitic team formation with the express purpose of playing for a draw, knowing that MU would fold in a penalty shoot-out (even the commentators said the latter) and the Gunners would become the first team ever to win an FA Cup that way. Never underestimate the fiendish cunning of a top French manager, especially one who looks classy.

Ah Arsene Arsenal!!

DJ

auriga
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM

the new manchester team in the epl next year is wigan.
all they need to do is to buy a few extra players and they will do well!!
bolton still doing well as well but they've now got alot of decent players now.

bergil
07-06-2005, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Denis_Jessop]Come, come - that's just an unenlightened press' view of what happened. What other team has ever had 23 (or was it 25?) shots on goal and not been able to convert one of them? The team looked liked Manchester Disorganised up front while the Arsenal defended brilliantly.

Your confused :doh: Arsenal was the team who only had 1 shot on goal. Man Utd had 25 shots, one hitting the post another off the cross bar.

Just say EUFA Champions League and watch Arsenal choke and fall to pieces. :owned:

Denis_Jessop
07-06-2005, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Denis_Jessop]Come, come - that's just an unenlightened press' view of what happened. What other team has ever had 23 (or was it 25?) shots on goal and not been able to convert one of them? The team looked liked Manchester Disorganised up front while the Arsenal defended brilliantly.

Your confused :doh: Arsenal was the team who only had 1 shot on goal. Man Utd had 25 shots, one hitting the post another off the cross bar.

Just say EUFA Champions League and watch Arsenal choke and fall to pieces. :owned:

In fact the Arsenal had about 5 shots on goal. But according to my theory, they really didn't need to have any while MU kept missing form every conceivable position bar offside :whistle:

And as for the UEFA Champions League, there's always next year :D

DJ

bergil
07-06-2005, 10:06 PM
That was the old Arsenal :wall: dull and boring to watch, hang on that's what they were on cup day :P

So you totally agree Arsenal were hopeless and underserving of the Cup :clap:

Denis_Jessop
08-06-2005, 07:47 PM
That was the old Arsenal :wall: dull and boring to watch, hang on that's what they were on cup day :P

So you totally agree Arsenal were hopeless and underserving of the Cup :clap:

On the contrary. This was the new Arsene Arsenal using superior strategy, tactics and intellect to gain a major trophy. Rather like Karpov doing over Korchnoi :hmm: :hand:

DJ

auriga
08-06-2005, 07:50 PM
ok. the bad news. the glazer boys are now in.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=335120&cc=5739

arosar
08-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Explain to us how this is all so bad?

AR

auriga
08-06-2005, 08:29 PM
Explain to us how this is all so bad?

AR

it's like in post #1 - none of them have been to any matches.
supposedly, joel is a keen supporter but hasn't been yet.
if you were a multi-million and looking to buy a sporting team
wouldn't you attend a match or two to get a feel?!

he's also taking on huge debt to complete the deal.

Aaron Bellette
11-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Ah, this thread is pure delight for a Spurs fan - it starts off bemoaning Man Utd being sold to a Yank (who knows probably as much about Man U as we care about them) and it ends up being a pick on the Gunners thread! :clap:

AB

bergil
12-06-2005, 05:31 AM
Ah, this thread is pure delight for a Spurs fan - it starts off bemoaning Man Utd being sold to a Yank (who knows probably as much about Man U as we care about them) and it ends up being a pick on the Gunners thread! :clap:

AB

Well you have to throw a dog a bone every now and then, as being a spurs fan :wall: not being relegated must be your only delight :doh:

Delight? :hmm: Before 2001 you were good for a trophy every decade ending with one in it, Perhaps you've started a new trend?

A) Nothing every decade :owned:

Aaron Bellette
12-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Well you have to throw a dog a bone every now and then, as being a spurs fan :wall: not being relegated must be your only delight :doh:
Very droll, although I admit 9th place does get a bit boring year after year :rolleyes:

Delight? :hmm: Before 2001 you were good for a trophy every decade ending with one in it, Perhaps you've started a new trend?

A) Nothing every decade :owned:
Well I'm sure if you give hundreds of millions of pounds to any club (like Man U, the Arse, and Chelsea) and let them go buy players, you would be a failure if you didn't win all the silverware.

AB

auriga
29-06-2005, 12:17 PM
i guess the remaining 2% man utd fans holding the remaining stock
should now sell up or otherwise risk losing it is automatically.
a real shame. :(

bergil
23-08-2005, 10:30 PM
The new season has started in the EPL, after two rounds Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Charlton are on maxium points. :clap:

Aaron looks like spurs have a good team this year, a real chance to finish 4th or 5th and get a european spot next year! :hmm:

bergil
26-08-2005, 06:12 PM
In keeping with picking on the gunners, :D they have already been beaten twice by chelsea this year, first time was in the charity shield and then in the second round of the new EPL season :clap: