PDA

View Full Version : from the snowfields(spooky)

Garvinator
17-05-2005, 02:13 AM
I was thinking of going down to the snow this year and was having a look around on the net for where to go when i stumbled on this current weather report.

http://www.thredbo.com.au/weatherandconditions/snowreport/report.asp

Look at the name of the person who wrote the report and the location of the snowfield. I was a little spooked when I saw the name.

eclectic
17-05-2005, 03:16 AM
I was thinking of going down to the snow this year and was having a look around on the net for where to go when i stumbled on this current weather report.

http://www.thredbo.com.au/weatherandconditions/snowreport/report.asp

Look at the name of the person who wrote the report and the location of the snowfield. I was a little spooked when I saw the name.

stuart diver's late wife was named sally not susie

perhaps she is his sister or related in some other way

eclectic

Garvinator
17-05-2005, 03:58 AM
stuart diver's late wife was named sally not susie

perhaps she is his sister or related in some other way

eclectic
yeah i know, just that i think i remember seeing the Stuart remarried recently.

Davidflude
29-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I start dieting and exercising tomorrow morning. This year I am going to Wanaka. Easy days at Cardrona mixed with mind blowing days at Treble Cone. I have been skiing both since they had rope tows with nut crackers. The one at Cardrona was a mile long and moved at a rate of knots. That was before the field was officially opened. The following year they installed a chair and I manages 23,000 vertical feet in one day. That was before the public discovered the place.

Treble Cone is something else. It is steep deep and very interesting. The Swiss downhill team trains there. Some runs should have signs saying this run is especially suitable for board riders. The Super pipe ( a natural half pipe) has walls about thirty foot high and it anything but easy on skis when the is a metre depth of fresh powder.
The board riders would have a ball. Take a look at the trail map and while you are about have a look at the Craigeburn trail map. Yes it is the steepest field in New Zealand with four rope tows with nutcrackers.