Patrick William Paxman was born at 1:30am this morning at Royal Prince
Alfred Hospital. He weighed in at a healthy 3.6kg. Mother and baby
are doing fine, and hope to come home tomorrow. Big brother Ciaran is
very proud.

Jon

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~paxmans/patrick/patrick.jpg

Rincewind
04-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Admitted, delivered and discharged in <48 hrs. No mucking about! :)

Congratulations and best wishes to mum, dad, brother and young Patrick.

pax
04-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Yep, they do an early discharge scheme at RPH where you get midwife visits for a week if you go home early. We like that idea better than sitting in a hospital ward for a week (with beep-beeps every ten seconds).

antichrist
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Yep, they do an early discharge scheme at RPH where you get midwife visits for a week if you go home early. We like that idea better than sitting in a hospital ward for a week (with beep-beeps every ten seconds).

Congratulations, and fancy that, in the poll I voted that it would be a girl. If it is your first welcome to the ride for the rest of your life. Love 'em and hate 'em, make you cry and laugh, but they are all that we have.

arosar
04-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Congrats man!

AR

firegoat7
04-05-2005, 11:31 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations! Parenthood is the best. Hope mum, dad and the family are all well.
Cheers Fg7

Libby
05-05-2005, 08:11 AM

Yep - absolutely the best policy. Besides which (with supportive partner) you get round-the-clock care at home which is not exactly what you get in hospital. Even just the fact you can get someone to look after baby while you do those silly things like eat a meal or take a shower. And with baby #2 nobody bothers to visit you in hospital anyway :( #3 and they hardly bother to send a card :( :(

Congrats. My #2 (and chess player) introduced us to the joy of reflux and projectile vomit - good luck!

jenni
05-05-2005, 09:01 AM
I was in for 3 weeks with Shannon, 2 weeks with Gareth, but managed to escape in 3 days with Tamzin - definitely much nicer!

Congratulations to you! (Hope you are getting some sleep!).

Libby
05-05-2005, 09:20 AM
I was in for 3 weeks with Shannon, 2 weeks with Gareth, but managed to escape in 3 days with Tamzin - definitely much nicer!

Congratulations to you! (Hope you are getting some sleep!).

Yes but you did have those squibby little babies. 4kg+ and they're happy to pack you off home.

4.555kg and I had the rather peculiar experience of being given a private room "because I'd had such a big baby?" It seems a much desired accommodation by many but I sat in there for about 16hrs and went stir crazy (I like to chat). Then my "lift" was late picking me up because of some other child's soccer training - they were very popular I can tell you!

jenni
05-05-2005, 10:09 AM
4.555kg :eek: :eek:

Thunderspirit
05-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Babies are great. Congrats... I'm just lucky I don't have to the all the hard yards.

Two Thumbs up, to all mums! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Libby
05-05-2005, 10:24 AM
:eek: :eek:

Yes - slightly larger than your average watermelon. And I played netball 13 days later. You guys and your chess .... got nothin' on us ....

Bill Gletsos
05-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Congratulations Jonathan.