PDA

View Full Version : NSW Teams Challenge on Sun 24 April

News Bot
25-04-2005, 10:01 AM
The NSW Teams Challenge is on again at Ryde-Eastwood Leagues Club on Sun 24 April. Form a team of 4 or simply turn up and join a team!{br}{br}View the Entire Article (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nswca/05NSWTeamsAd.htm){br}

Rincewind
25-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Posted: 25-04-2005, 10:01 AM

:doh:

antichrist
25-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Posted: 25-04-2005, 10:01 AM

:doh:

I drew with someone about 1960 so not too bad for an oldie like me, even managed to have a blue with Bill re outside people interfering in my game. This guy on the next board pressed my clock 5 times and Bill reakons it is not a hanging offence. I would like to see that guy do it in Indo.

I would even go to Cardinal Ratinger about this one.

Trent Parker
25-04-2005, 03:55 PM
I drew with someone about 1960 so not too bad for an oldie like me, even managed to have a blue with Bill re outside people interfering in my game. This guy on the next board pressed my clock 5 times and Bill reakons it is not a hanging offence. I would like to see that guy do it in Indo.

I would even go to Cardinal Ratinger about this one.

C'mon a/c..... IMHO the boards were a little too close together and it would be easy to make that mistake....especially if the clock was on that side the previous game. I even almost hit your clock on one occasion because the position was quite complex....and i was absorbed by the position.

antichrist
25-04-2005, 04:26 PM
That is why I did not dob him in. Actually what wrecked my concentration as well was looking for Miranda to check out my opponents rating to see whether to go for a win or draw. On parting I made sure I let the offender know, that was my justice.

Poor silly old Lloyd was telling some Euro guy how he liked Hitler and got himself barred from their team, I warned him he was gone but it did not register. Poor pensioner paid $25 taxi and did not even play.

antichrist
26-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Bill,
I was under the impression that my rapid rating was 1535 not 1565. I was led to believe by fellow team mates that my classical rating of 1492 was going to be used.

We had calculated that we would be in the lowest rating group but as it turned out 1565 put us 4 rating points over that category. If 1535 or 1492 is correct maybe we should have been in the prizemoney.

Edited: just had a geek on acf rapid ratings list and as out of practise I am not listed. But I thought I was 1535 for the previous weeks comp.

Bill Gletsos
27-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey Bill,
I was under the impression that my rapid rating was 1535 not 1565.Then you were wrong.

I was led to believe by fellow team mates that my classical rating of 1492 was going to be used.Then they were wrong.

We had calculated that we would be in the lowest rating group but as it turned out 1565 put us 4 rating points over that category. If 1535 or 1492 is correct maybe we should have been in the prizemoney.Then you were all wrong.

Edited: just had a geek on acf rapid ratings list and as out of practise I am not listed. But I thought I was 1535 for the previous weeks comp.Check the results for the NSW Rapid on the NSWCA website and you will see you were listed as 1565.

Trent Parker
27-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Hey Bill,
I was under the impression that my rapid rating was 1535 not 1565. I was led to believe by fellow team mates that my classical rating of 1492 was going to be used.

We had calculated that we would be in the lowest rating group but as it turned out 1565 put us 4 rating points over that category. If 1535 or 1492 is correct maybe we should have been in the prizemoney.

Edited: just had a geek on acf rapid ratings list and as out of practise I am not listed. But I thought I was 1535 for the previous weeks comp.

I was wrong. I assumed that because a/c was not on the rapid list that his normal rating would be used. My assumption was flawed because the list was the rapid active list, not master list.