PDA

View Full Version : self awareness and personality questions (bumped)

chesslover
06-01-2004, 08:23 PM
This is a good site, that asks you for your views on God, social values, morality etc, and then does an automatic search of all the main religons of the world (Catholics, Hinduism, islam) as well as paganism, aethists etc to see which religous world view shares your views.

http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/

Are you really a christian? are you really a pagan? are you really a aethist?

:P

chesslover
06-01-2004, 08:37 PM
I got a 100% match with Protestent Mainline Liberal Christian churches.

Then came Protestent Mainline Conservative Christian Churches with a 98% match and the Mormans with a 95% match. Then a long way off at fourth was Jehovah's witnesses with 71%

I got the least match with Non theists/ Taoism (20%), and secular humaism/ New age (26%)

Kevin Bonham
06-01-2004, 08:47 PM
selectsmart's quality is very variable. Some of their questionnaires - especially the few done by people who are actually experts in their field - are good but many are a waste of time.

This one is not too bad, but I got 100% secular humanism, which really isn't quite correct, because "humanism" is usually considered to have an ethical dimension said to be founded in reason, and I don't agree with that part - I see it as firstly logically incorrect, and secondly as replacing obedience to God with obedience to an abstracted "Man", which is almost as limiting.

At least I got zero for both Mormon and J. Wit (among many others) but I'm still wondering which 16% of me is compatible with Scientology, so I can amputate it and sell it to the gullible.

chesslover
06-01-2004, 09:08 PM
selectsmart's quality is very variable. Some of their questionnaires - especially the few done by people who are actually experts in their field - are good but many are a waste of time.

This one is not too bad, At least I got zero for both Mormon and J. Wit (among many others) but I'm still wondering which 16% of me is compatible with Scientology, so I can amputate it and sell it to the gullible.

yes true, some of their questionaire's are just stupid

Others like this one, and to a greater degree the US presidential questionaire are researched well and gives a good indicator

It is amazing that you got 0% for a belief. I got at least 20% for my least matches. You really are a fanatic nontheist :P

Maybe you want to sell your 16% to James packer?he like tom cruise and john travolta is a scientology member

Kevin Bonham
06-01-2004, 09:39 PM
It is amazing that you got 0% for a belief. I got at least 20% for my least matches. You really are a fanatic nontheist :P

If you simply don't believe in God you're quite likely to get a lot of zeroes on that test - I got about nine of them.