PDA

View Full Version : Links to ucj don't work - moved from: Anzac day weekender

firegoat7
03-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Hello,

here is the link http://p098.*******.com/f**************frm8.showMessage?topicID=6.topic

Cheers Fg7

firegoat7
03-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Interesting the link is automatically censored. A Beautiful example of chesskit freedom of speech.

Cheers Fg7

ursogr8
03-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Interesting the link is automatically censored. A Beautiful example of chesskit freedom of speech.

Cheers Fg7

see here (http://chesschat.org/showthread.php?p=52264#post52264)

Bill Gletsos
03-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Cheers Fg7Matt only has himself to blame since the Admin only put this in place after Matt's last spam attack on this board. Up until then the links did work.

You could of course just post the information here if you really are interested in providing information regarding the event.

Alan Shore
03-04-2005, 11:40 PM

Cheers Fg7

It's even censored in PM's too. I had to go back through my history to re-find the page.

ursogr8
03-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Matt only has himself to blame since the Admin only put this in place after Matt's last spam attack on this board. Up until then the links did work.

You could of course just post the information here if you really are interested in providing information regarding the event.

Wrong Bill
The morning_mod advised me he would allow no links; on the basis that there could be unseemly material there.

starter

ursogr8
03-04-2005, 11:48 PM

And Garethbcharles could have posted his NSW OPEN info on chesschat.com based on your logic. But he didn't....he provided a link from another web-site.

Bill Gletsos
03-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Wrong Bill
The morning_mod advised me he would allow no links; on the basis that there could be unseemly material there.The blocking of the webpage was only done by the Admin after the spam attack. Prior to that links in posts to the site worked.

Bill Gletsos
03-04-2005, 11:50 PM
And Garethbcharles could have posted his NSW OPEN info on chesschat.com based on your logic. But he didn't....he provided a link from another web-site.As usual all you are doing is wasting everyones time on this rubbish. Only one site is automatically blocked. The blocked site spammed the members of this board.

ursogr8
03-04-2005, 11:56 PM
The blocking of the webpage was only done by the Admin after the spam attack. Prior to that links in posts to the site worked.

Wrong Bill

Do you want me to ask the morning_mod to give me permission to display his PMs on this topic?

The ban on links occurred well before the broadcast from Matt. The rationale given was possible unseemly material.

skip to my lou
03-04-2005, 11:59 PM
Wrong Bill

Do you want me to ask the morning_mod to give me permission to display his PMs on this topic?

The ban on links occurred well before the broadcast from Matt. The rationale given was possible unseemly material.

Actually you're wrong starter, and Bill is correct.

ursogr8
04-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Actually you're wrong starter, and Bill is correct.

Ask Barry if I can post his PM.

Bill Gletsos
04-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Wrong Bill

The ban on links occurred well before the broadcast from Matt. The rationale given was possible unseemly material.Who said anything about bans on links. I was talking about the automatic filtering of the web address as this was the issue raised by fg7 in post #2.

skip to my lou
04-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Ask Barry if I can post his PM.

No need. I've talked to Barry already, and that has nothing to do with the automatic censor.

The automatic censor is in place because of repeated spam attempts using the PM feature.

The automatic censor and "10 post minimum to activate pm feature" was only activated a month after the first spam message and several complaints later.

Alan Shore
04-04-2005, 12:16 AM
.... and several complaints later.

Who complained?

skip to my lou
04-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Who complained?

I can't tell you that.

Alan Shore
04-04-2005, 12:19 AM
I can't tell you that.

What a surprise. :rolleyes:

Of course there's no reason why you can't tell me.. the number of public complaints were... well, zero! How about that!

skip to my lou
04-04-2005, 12:24 AM
If people choose to PM or email me and make a complaint, I can't tell you about that, otherwise the person would have made a public complaint if they want the whole forum to know.

And there were public complaints, I can remember atleast one.

Bill Gletsos
04-04-2005, 12:30 AM
In fact one poster on here went and directly complained on Matt's board about being spammed.

Matt in fact admits to spamming the chesskit members twice.
He says "Yes the spam. has run its course. I have spammed twice. Once on opening day and once a month later - the one you received."

firegoat7
04-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Hello,

But exactly how are the spam and a website address related? :hmm:

cheers Fg7

Bill Gletsos
04-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Hello,

But exactly how are the spam and a website address related? :hmm:

cheers Fg7It is fairly obvious. The owner of the website spammed the members here with a PM containing his website address. Hence to combat it, his website is filtered.

firegoat7
04-04-2005, 12:59 AM
It is fairly obvious. The owner of the website spammed the members here with a PM containing his website address. Hence to combat it, his website is filtered.

'filtered' = no

'banned' or 'completely censored' are the appropriate words.

Moreover there is no seperation between Matt the spammer, banned member , and Matts website. Unless of course you want to suggest that the website ought to be completely banned.

Cheers Fg7

Bill Gletsos
04-04-2005, 01:16 AM
'filtered' = no

'banned' or 'completely censored' are the appropriate words.No its filtered.

Moreover there is no seperation between Matt the spammer, banned member , and Matts website. Unless of course you want to suggest that the website ought to be completely banned.
As someone noted elsewhere spamming is illegal.
The Admin has chosen to filter his website from appearing here. That is his right as the owner of this board.

He is banned here, because of his bahaviour and previously posting whilst banned.
He spammed here.
He spammed here while banned. If he had not been banned he most likely would have been because of the spam.
His website address is filtered here. Thats due to the spamming.
However there is a seperation between matt the spammer, banned member and his website.
However his website inst banned as it is often mentioned here.
MCC could always point to his site, or perhaps starter can lobby Box Hill to have their website point to his. :whistle:

firegoat7
04-04-2005, 01:28 AM
No its filtered.

However there is a seperation between matt the spammer, banned member and his website.
However his website inst banned as it is often mentioned here.

I am not talking about spamming, for me that is a seperate issue.
I am not talking about Matt being banned, for me that is a seperate issue.
I am talking about a link to a website, since the link I provided does not work, I would be inclined to presume that this means the website is banned

Cheers Fg7

Rincewind
04-04-2005, 01:51 AM
I am not talking about spamming, for me that is a seperate issue.
I am not talking about Matt being banned, for me that is a seperate issue.
I am talking about a link to a website, since the link I provided does not work, I would be inclined to presume that this means the website is banned

The action was made necessary because of spammer or spammers from that board.

This thread has been moved to Non-chess as the subject matter seems to have drifted. Please feel free to reinitiate thread on Chess Tourny board with the actual details of the event.