PDA

View Full Version : Paul and AC's thread

Paul S
26-03-2005, 11:24 AM
However feel free to follow your own advice and go and offer your hand of friendship to the Jewish Board of Deputies. :hand:

Not sure what this is all about (Bill, care to enlighten us BB members?).

Perhaps Peter may also care to extend the hand of friendship to the Hakoah chess club? I recall on the BB about 2 to 3 years ago a Hakoah member was quite irate with Peter and accused him of anti-semitism for setting up a chess club in the Sydney CBD (close to Bondi where Hakoah is based) on same Monday night as Hakoah. This was at about the same time that the licensed parent Hakoah club made a decision to start charging their chess club rent (which nearly resulted in the closure of Hakoah chess club) but was reversed a few months later (at about the same time as Peter closed down his CBD chess club).

Paul S
26-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Perhaps Peter may also want to extend the hand of friendship to Jewish chess players? He would need to do some serious apologising first, though. Some of them (eg Charles Zworestine) are understandably quite annoyed with him due to his famous photo in the Daily Telegraph holding a placard saying "Star of David = Swastika"!

antichrist
26-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Not sure what this is all about (Bill, care to enlighten us BB members?).

A/C
Now listen Paulie I have been taking it easy on you out of kindness. That Top 40 thread you started I know if I had a look I would have puked and blasted you, but I laid off.

One does not always have to look at something they do not like and respond. It is that famous ancient Greek saying that was later stolen by the Christians and they added the extra ingredient of god, goes something like: have the courage to change what you can change, and the wisdom to accept what you cannot change.

Anyway back to topic.
________________________________-
PaulS
Perhaps Peter may also care to extend the hand of friendship to the Hakoah chess club? I recall on the BB about 2 to 3 years ago a Hakoah member was quite irate with Peter and accused him of anti-semitism for setting up a chess club in the Sydney CBD (close to Bondi where Hakoah is based) on same Monday night as Hakoah. This was at about the same time that the licensed parent Hakoah club made a decision to start charging their chess club rent (which nearly resulted in the closure of Hakoah chess club) but was reversed a few months later (at about the same time as Peter closed down his CBD chess club).

A/C
I am older than you but your memory is failing you earlier. Now think back, it may be difficult but try. Yes they were considering to begin charging the Hakoah Chess Club rent just after I had set up the Sydney Chess Club, forget exact name, not important. And as I told you before, the first thing I did upon hearing this was to ring my then friend (still may be), Joel Harp, and offer for Hakoah members to come and take over my club - BECAUSE I RESPECTED THE HAKOAH CLUB and did not want to see them in dire staits.

I had chosen the same night as theirs as had no choice but to clash with some club or another, and on later nights my son had homework assignments which I would give him hints on. On Monday nights he never had assignments. You not being a father would not know this.

I have already told you all this about one year and you promised that next time you ran into Joel Harp you would check up on it. Well you have opened your big mouth once too often again and should apologise because my action was exactly opposite to the crime you accuse me of. I was generous to the Jewish club. In spite of my opinion of the Israeli government. This shows my generosity even to my people who may strongly disagree with me on a issue passionate to myself. I did the same for Jase and got no thanks for it, even though it did not expect nor need/want.

I want a public apology "mate"!!!

I will answer your next post within one hour. Don't go away. Fancy pulling this on over Easter Saturday, between when the Jews were supposed to have JC crucified and his resurrection. No sensitivities about you.

You should try and concentrate on winning a few game down there for all the money you have forked out.

antichrist
26-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Perhaps Peter may also want to extend the hand of friendship to Jewish chess players? He would need to do some serious apologising first, though. Some of them (eg Charles Zworestine) are understandably quite annoyed with him due to his famous photo in the Daily Telegraph holding a placard saying "Star of David = Swastika"!

A/C
Before I do that it has to be discussed and settled that that equasion has no value, I have already told you that due to "poetic license" I had to exaggerate, i.e., can only effectively fit a few words on a poster and still be effective.

But that has already been discussed to death in Blood On Hands thread, and seeing this thread is for Billie and me you are off-topic. It was only a payback from Bill to me he mentioned shaking hands, nothing to do really with the topic. Bill had no intention of further debating this topic as he has already chosen to ignore and stated so.

Revert to Blood on Hands thread and we can go further, but I want an apology first as mentioned in my previous post to demonstrate good ... (whatever the term is) on your behalf.

And as I have said I think you are a poor ambassador to argue their case. I prefer to debate with Charles himself if he is so upset. I have also told you this before. Bring it on!!

Paul S
26-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Hello Peter

Your two latest posts contain an element of truth, but also considerable distortions and inaccuracies.

I don't have time to go into it now (I am almost out of time and I don't have any more $1 coins to put into the $1 coin slot in my hotel reception area's computer).

So, I will respond to your previous two posts when I get back to Sydney!

antichrist
30-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Bill
care to comment on Brissy Open only getting two players 2000 +, suppose I should check that states' rating list before commenting

Paul S
02-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Now listen Paulie I have been taking it easy on you out of kindness.

:liar: :liar: :liar:

That Top 40 thread you started I know if I had a look I would have puked and blasted you, but I laid off.

This attitude of yours does not surprise me. Typical of you - don't bother to look at (let alone listen to) what others have to say - your mind is already made up anyway! Unlike you, at least people like Libby and Rincewind looked at my Top 40 post(s) before they criticised some of my selections!

No wonder Jason Lyons on the BB in (I think) late 2002 said something like "one cannot have a rational conversation with Peter, as he just totally ignores whatever points you put forward and just repeats the same thing over and over again like a tape recorder continually on rewind (or words to that effect)"!

One does not always have to look at something they do not like and respond.

Indeed. I know that some BB identities do not even bother to look at your posts as they know you are a fool. And a lot of those who do look at your posts do not bother to respond to them as they know that you are a fool. Like the Bible says, you cannot argue with a fool!

It is that famous ancient Greek saying that was later stolen by the Christians and they added the extra ingredient of god, goes something like: have the courage to change what you can change, and the wisdom to accept what you cannot change.

Instead of telling others to follow this advice, how about you follow this advice yourself, you hypocrite! :evil:

P.S. How about in future you reply in the main part of the post, instead of the quote section? Refer post 31.

antichrist
02-04-2005, 04:28 PM
You can gabb on as much as you like, but until you pick that phone up and ring Joel Harp to check if I offered Hokoah chess premises when they were in trouble well you are all noise and gutless. And after you do check with Joel I want a public apology!

You have 9 months to do it, a woman could have had a baby in that time.

A trip to the moon and back would not take that long.

Paul S
02-04-2005, 04:43 PM
A/C
I am older than you but your memory is failing you earlier. Now think back, it may be difficult but try. Yes they were considering to begin charging the Hakoah Chess Club rent just after I had set up the Sydney Chess Club, forget exact name, not important.

I have been told that you had set up your CBD chess club after Hakoah had their rental problems (and not before).

And as I told you before, the first thing I did upon hearing this was to ring my then friend (still may be), Joel Harp, and offer for Hakoah members to come and take over my club - BECAUSE I RESPECTED THE HAKOAH CLUB and did not want to see them in dire staits.

You had no respect for the Hakoah club at all. All you wanted was for some person(s) to take over the running of your newly set up Sydney CBD chess club (in much the same way that you got Bob Keast to do virtually all the work in running the first 3 Easter cups and Ernest Dorn the last 3 Easter Cups instead of actually running them yourself).

If you had any respect for Hakoah you would never have paraded yourself around the streets of Sydney with a "Star of David = Swastika" banner!

A/C
I had chosen the same night as theirs as had no choice but to clash with some club or another, and on later nights my son had homework assignments which I would give him hints on. On Monday nights he never had assignments. You not being a father would not know this.

Not only did your Monday night clash with Hakoah, but also with Canterbury. As you know, a few Canterbury members complained to me about this, which neccesitated me having to waste my time asking you to "please explain" email to you. To be fair, I tend to agree with you that Canterbry (Belmore) was probaly far enough away from the Sydney CBD to be affected, but it nonetheless shows your gross insensitivity in abusing the Canterbury chess club solely for your own selfish purposes (holding the 2002 SEC) and then setiing up a rival chess club on same Monday night as Canterbury.

Whether or not you deliberately chose Monday night to clash with Hakoah or not is only a question you can answer (I have no idea how your mind works - and I don't want to know either!). Sure, I am not a parent - but I have had some parents tell me that (unlike you) Monday night is probably the busiest night for them (and their children) as far as school homework + assignments etc go!

I have already told you all this about one year and you promised that next time you ran into Joel Harp you would check up on it. Well you have opened your big mouth once too often again and should apologise because my action was exactly opposite to the crime you accuse me of. I was generous to the Jewish club. In spite of my opinion of the Israeli government. This shows my generosity even to my people who may strongly disagree with me on a issue passionate to myself. I did the same for Jase and got no thanks for it, even though it did not expect nor need/want.

Was actually late November (about 4.5 months ago) and not "about one year" as you claim. Refer to posts 140 to 150 in "Welcome" thread of "Coffee Lounge" forum on this BB (accessible to those with over 200 posts).

I was actually at Hakoah for 2 Monday nights in January (I played in an Allegro and a Lightning comp), but Joel Harp was not there on either of these nights (BTW, BB member Gareth Charles can verify that I was at Hakoah on one or both these nights) so I could not ask Joel these questions!

BTW, if someone on this BB knows Joel Harp, can they have a look at posts 140 to 150 in "Welcome" thread of "Coffee Lounge" forum and ask him the relevant questions (his recollections) and post them on here?

As for "sticking up for Jase" (Jason Lyons I presume), you have never done so. In fact, you have said a few nasty things about him over the last 2 years or so, such as part of a post of yours (which Kevin Bonham had to delete) regarding transgender toilets at the Gay Mardi Gras(although personally I found this post of yours quite amusing, although I doubt that Jason would have!).

I want a public apology "mate"!!!

You will get NO apology from me, as I have nothing to apologise for! I stopped short of making a direct accusation. I am merely pointing out an "interesting coincidence" that two other people have brought to my attention in recent months.

II will answer your next post within one hour. Don't go away. Fancy pulling this on over Easter Saturday, between when the Jews were supposed to have JC crucified and his resurrection. No sensitivities about you.

How dare you accuse me (or anyone else) over "lack of sensitivity over Easter" you HYPOCRITE!!!! :evil: How dare you, you stupid FOOL! :evil:

Look at yourself, you hypocrite! What about all your past demonstrations (which you have bragged about on this BB) of going to St Mary's Roman Catholic Cathedrral in Sydney CBD over Easter and doing things like getting a wafer and stabbing it (pretending that the wafer is Jesus Christ and that you are stabbing him) and being proud of all the media attention your action atract. Where is your Easter sensitivity, you fool?! And lets be honest that your obsession with the Sydney Easter Cup has NOTHING to do with chess and is merely a continuation of your disruptive behaviour over the Easter period.

You should try and concentrate on winning a few game down there for all the money you have forked out.

My Doeberl performance was reasonable and within theoretical expectations. I was seeded 16-17 and came 13-19. Given your hatred/hostility towards Doeberl, you wouldn't understand that playing at Doeberl is about more than just trying to win prize money. For me (and I am sure most others) it is about 1) playing in a well organised chess tournament, 2) meeting other BB personalities, 3) having a "mini-holiday", 4) catching up with "chess identities" who I rarely get to meet at other times of the year etc etc. Too bad that due to your foolishness you will never get to enjoy "the Doeberl experience".

Paul S
02-04-2005, 04:53 PM
You can gabb on as much as you like, but until you pick that phone up and ring Joel Harp to check if I offered Hokoah chess premises when they were in trouble well you are all noise and gutless. And after you do check with Joel I want a public apology!

You have 9 months to do it, a woman could have had a baby in that time.

A trip to the moon and back would not take that long.

4.5 months you fool. Read my previous post in this thread.

The reason I haven't rung Joel (who I only know slightly anyway) is that I don't consider this issue to be all that important! Believe me, Peter, I spend far LESS time thinking about you than what you seem to think!

Rest assured, if and when my and Joel's paths do cross again, I will ask him! In fact, in light of your post I am tempted to find out his phone number and ring him myself about this matter!

antichrist
02-04-2005, 04:54 PM
I have not bothered to read your lengthy epistle, why don't you get over it.

Just go and ring Joel, if you don't I am not interested in anythng you have to say. And when you do and get back to me just make it one sentence beginning with "I have rang Joel and I apologise!".

Anyway you are seriously off thread, this is Bill's and my backyard. Start up your own thread if you must.

Paul S
02-04-2005, 05:08 PM
A/C
Before I do that it has to be discussed and settled that that equasion has no value, I have already told you that due to "poetic license" I had to exaggerate, i.e., can only effectively fit a few words on a poster and still be effective.

You fool. Your holding of the "Star of David = Swastika" placard has considerable value! It shows (among other things) that:
1) You are a FOOL.
2) You cannot live in peace with others. When new migrants came to Australia in the 60s and 70s (ie like yourself) they were effectively told "to leave behind the ethnic hatreds of their homelands and if they couldn't do so that they should go back to where they came from" (advice which you have disregarded). As you cannot live in peace with others in Australia, you should go back to Lebanon where you came from and stay there!

A/C
But that has already been discussed to death in Blood On Hands thread, and seeing this thread is for Billie and me you are off-topic. It was only a payback from Bill to me he mentioned shaking hands, nothing to do really with the topic. Bill had no intention of further debating this topic as he has already chosen to ignore and stated so.

If this was a matter for just you and Bill alone then you should have discussed it privately between yourselves (viz via emial or PMs). If it is in a public forum like Chess Chat then others (eg myself) are entitled to participate!

BTW, Bill has never stated that he chose to ignore my question, although by his lack of response he may well have (for whatever reason/s) chose not to respond - that is his choice and I will not lose any sleep over this matter!

Revert to Blood on Hands thread and we can go further, but I want an apology first as mentioned in my previous post to demonstrate good ... (whatever the term is) on your behalf.

You get no apology from me, as I have nothing to apologise for.

I have had a bit of "debate" with you in Blood on Hands thread, but it is pointless in discussing further with you there as it is a waste of my time. Like Jason Lyons once said, "you are like a tape recorder that just repeats the same thing over and over again and you are incapable of listening (much less respecting!) other peoples' points of view" (or words to that effect), so why would/should I waste my time?

And as I have said I think you are a poor ambassador to argue their case. I prefer to debate with Charles himself if he is so upset. I have also told you this before. Bring it on!!

I am not Jewish (or even partly Jewish) and I have NEVER said that I am some sort of "ambassador" for the Jewish/Israeli cause! As for Charles Zworestine he (like many BB posters) has more sense than to get involved in an argument with a fool like you! As the Bible says, you cannot argue with a fool!

Kevin Bonham
03-04-2005, 04:11 PM
antichrist, something I've often wondered that seems to fit as well here as anywhere. You are very anti-religious and you also like to run a chess tournament (the SEC) at Easter even though this has got you in a lot of trouble with arguments with the Doeberl folks (pleased to see not too much of that this year)?

Do you feel like running chess at Easter is something you do partly to spite the religiously ultra-orthodox who would no doubt be opposed to such a thing, or is it just a coincidence?

I'm not assuming either way, it's just something I've been curious about. No need to discuss SEC/Doeberl issues again, I just wondered if your views about religion are part of your motive for holding the SEC.