PDA

View Full Version : what cricket needs

Davidflude
28-03-2005, 04:01 PM
What cricket needs is an AFL style draft. I can think of ten Australians who the
kiwis would grab and that is only considering Victoria. I Consider the deal
Victorians get from the Australian selectors is worst than the deal the Vics are given by little Johnny and that Ersatz New South Welshman Peter Costello.

JUst look at the current test, Only Ponting and Gilcrist scored reasonable tallies.

antichrist
28-03-2005, 04:05 PM
what cricket and chess needs is a few more Shane Warnes and Bobby Fishers, I still love them. After Warney goes you see the ratings slump. Same with tennis with LLeyton, and boxing with "The Man".

Same as BB with me! ha ha

ElevatorEscapee
28-03-2005, 04:12 PM
What cricket needs is to be shown on free to air tv...

Rincewind
28-03-2005, 04:17 PM
What cricket needs is to be shown on free to air tv...

At least the Ashes will be.

antichrist
28-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Cricket is not exciting enough minute by minute to hold an audience. Isn't SBS putting it on, that speaks heaps. You go and see local games, the only audience will be the players' families, if that. With surfing comps or ping pong or chess and not participating, you can go and have a game yourself in the dull times.

arosar
30-06-2005, 04:50 PM
bump

AR

bergil
01-07-2005, 09:21 AM
No, its bumper!

Aaron Bellette
01-07-2005, 10:36 AM
From another thread...

OK, I started this on another thread and didn't get an answer, so I'll try it here. In what context do you use the word "bump" in this thread and what do you mean by it? :hmm:

AB

Ditto please.

auriga
12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
what's all this crap about power play, blah, blah blah.
who came up with the power play idea anyway? :confused:

Garvinator
12-07-2005, 08:25 PM
what's all this crap about power play, blah, blah blah.
who came up with the power play idea anyway? :confused:
the icc in an attempt to make one dayers more exciting, it is being trialled in international one day matches for the next few months.

Each fielding side has to have the two catchers etc for the first ten overs, instead of the traditional first fifteen overs, then after the first ten, they have to keep all but two fielders inside the circle for another two sets of five overs.

The fielding captain can choose when to employ the two sets of 5 overs.

The super sub is an idea that was used in our domestic one days here for a couple of years, but was dropped. Not surprising that the super sub idea has been trialled, been shown to not be very good and not an enhancement through thorough testing, then is given a go by the icc :rolleyes:

PHAT
13-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Cricket needs less Shaaaaane Waaaaarrrrne