PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules?

firegoat7
24-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Hello,

What are the rules in regards to UCJ spam and pm messages from Matt?

Are "we" allowed to send them to other members in the democratic republic of chesskit?

Cheers Fg7

Bill Gletsos
24-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Hello,

What are the rules in regards to UCJ spam and pm messages from Matt?

Are "we" allowed to send them to other members in the democratic republic of chesskit?

Cheers Fg7I very much doubt it as it is clearly nothing more than unsolicited spam.

firegoat7
24-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Hello,

Is that official policy Bill?

Cheers Fg7

skip to my lou
24-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Funny how you call it spam yourself. No, you may not send spam to other members.

firegoat7
24-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Does that mean I cannot pass it onto someone else if they so desire it?

Cheers Fg7
P.S Just need to clarify these issues, don't wanna get banned or censored for dointhe wrong thing ;)

ursogr8
24-03-2005, 03:17 PM
^
It has been guranteed previously that no-one else is reading your PMs.
And, if some-one requests certain text, then by definition it is not SPAM; hence you can send it on
> without risk to your status, and
>> without being censured.

starter

Bill Gletsos
24-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Does that mean I cannot pass it onto someone else if they so desire it?

Cheers Fg7
P.S Just need to clarify these issues, don't wanna get banned or censored for dointhe wrong thing ;)If someone explicitly requested a copy of it then you could send it to them.
If you send it to numerous people without them requesting it then its unsolicted spam.
What hokeyfmd did was clearly unsolicted spam.

Garvinator
24-03-2005, 03:22 PM
i actually thought that sending spam is now illegal in australia.

Bill Gletsos
24-03-2005, 03:23 PM
i actually thought that sending spam is now illegal in australia.I think you are correct.

arosar
24-03-2005, 03:42 PM
i actually thought that sending spam is now illegal in australia.

Yes. And there are strict rules on 'opting-out', meeting the privacy commish's NPP, contact link, etc...etc.

Trust me. I work in this area.

AR

ursogr8
24-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes. And there are strict rules on 'opting-out', meeting the privacy commish's NPP, contact link, etc...etc.

Trust me. I work in this area.

AR

AR

Oh...good. I was waiting for an 'expert' to appear.
One of the posters above used the phrase 'If you send it to numerous people '.
What is the legalise on numerous?

your trusting mate,

starter

ElevatorEscapee
29-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Well, now that I have more than 10 posts under my belt, I can begin to understand the anger directed at the UCJ spammer.

However, I can't say I am overly impressed by the self promotion of said site either... For instance, if one were to type +UCJ +Chess into Google, one is not easily guaranteed to discern the location of the controversial website.

Surely a simple submission to the search engines would prove more productive than Mr HokeyMaPokey's spamming of the ChessChat site!?

In the meantime, I am at a loss as to how to access the specialized chess site that Mr HumptyMagumpty has indicdated. And if his chess site is so great, then why is he trawling here for new members? :doh:

In any case, I would like to visit this site to judge for myself, before being critical, so I politely ask that those who heavily promote the banned site here (such as Messer's Bonham and Firegoat) to please be so kind as to Private Message me a valid link.

Thank you,

:-)

Bill Gletsos
29-03-2005, 05:54 PM
In any case, I would like to visit this site to judge for myself, before being critical, so I politely ask that those who heavily promote the banned site here (such as Messer's Bonham and Firegoat) to please be so kind as to Private Message me a valid link.
Kevin Bonham doesnt promote the site. Starter is the one who has attempted to post links to it.
As for getting someone to PM you the URL that wont work as the admin here has ensured that it will be replaced by ******** in any message private or public.

ursogr8
29-03-2005, 06:50 PM
<snip>

Thank you,

:-)

hi Mr EE

Unwittingly you have highlighted that Mr Bonham's discussion of the UCJ site has been strong publicity for it. :)

You will probably find he corrects your view.
Welcome btw. :)

starter

Alan Shore
29-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I wish you guys would just unban Matt already.. it's been ages. I just met the guy in person and he seems like a good bloke, I'm sure he'll cease the rubbishy language given another go.

Bill Gletsos
29-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I wish you guys would just unban Matt already.. it's been ages.Three months isnt ages. Anyway its immaterial as the mods have made it quite clear they have no plans to unban him in the forseeable future.

I just met the guy in person and he seems like a good bloke,Even I have said that face to face he seems reasonable enough.

II'm sure he'll cease the rubbishy language given another go. I see no reason to believe he would stop with the foul langauge as he never did here previously even after being warned a number of times.
In fact he hasnt ceased with the foul language on his own board.

JGB
29-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Three months isnt ages. Anyway its immaterial as the mods have made it quite clear they have no plans to unban him in the forseeable future..

I doubt 'mods' are in a position to unban him as such. The person who gave the ban and Admin are those who have to make the decision regarding Sweeney.

Kevin Bonham
29-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I wish you guys would just unban Matt already.. it's been ages. I just met the guy in person and he seems like a good bloke, I'm sure he'll cease the rubbishy language given another go.

Precisely the problem - Matt is a good bloke in person but when he gets online he becomes a foulmouthed maniac who doesn't learn no matter how many times he tells you that he will.

If he wants to approach the site with a serious offer to behave himself in future we should look at that. I think this time the impetus has to come from Matt himself and unless it does he should stay banned.

Alan Shore
29-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Precisely the problem - Matt is a good bloke in person but when he gets online he becomes a foulmouthed maniac who doesn't learn no matter how many times he tells you that he will.

If he wants to approach the site with a serious offer to behave himself in future we should look at that. I think this time the impetus has to come from Matt himself and unless it does he should stay banned.

OK, Kevin, that's a very fair answer. I'll agree with you on that.

Garvinator
29-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Three months isnt ages.
well it would have been only to the end of february, which was a couple of weeks, but then he attempted to get around the ban by creating duplicate id's, which is a suspension practice by itself, therefore extending the ban was warranted.

Therefore his long term suspension is for multiple offences, not just his foul mouthed posts.

Bill Gletsos
29-03-2005, 10:01 PM
well it would have been only to the end of february,A summary would eb as follows.
He was originally banned around the 13th Dec for posting foul language whilst drunk. That ban was lifted 48 hrs later. A little while after that he was banned again around the 20th after going out of his way to argue with the admin and again posting foul language that was deleted by the admin/mods. This ban was supposedly permanent. He then tried to circumvent the ban by creating other accounts. However KB lifted it just after Mt Buller ended but it was then found that Matt had been posting using the Woodstocker account whilst banned. His ban was therefore reinstated this time indefinitely.

Therefore his long term suspension is for multiple offences, not just his foul mouthed posts.Correct. In fact if you look at the language he has used describe Karthick and chesskit by misspelling them then it is clear that at no stage has he shown any contrition for his language/behaviour.

antichrist
29-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Bill, would you reakon the BB is to Matt is what the mobile phone is to Warney?

Bill Gletsos
29-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Bill, would you reakon the BB is to Matt is what the mobile phone is to Warney?Quite possibly.

ElevatorEscapee
31-03-2005, 10:13 PM
When trying to reply to Mr HokeyFMD's unsolicited advertising message, I received the following error:

"The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
hokeyfmd has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Awww... there goes all my fun.

In any case, here is the message I sent, (and I dare say Mr Mapokey will read it if it's posted here... ;) )

================================================== ========

Thank you Mr Magumpty,

As a fellow SPAM connoisseur, here is some SPAM I received recently that I thought that you might be interested in. (As you can see, I am very highly regarded in Nigerian banking circles!)

If you like, I can forward to you a selection of the SPAM that I receive on a daily basis, so that you can enjoy it as much as I do. There is a wide variety of penis enlargement pills, herbal erection pills, and (for some reason) it is apparently cheaper to "buy meds online" (although the reasons as to why a man would be targetted to buy tampons online is beyond me).

Please let me know (by replying by private message indicating to me that your private message function is still active) if you do not wish to receive further SPAM messages from me. :-) [This is the opt-out clause as required by the Australian government.]

Yours sincerely,

Elevator Escapee, (aka Malkum Freezer, Neville Rangle, Peter Colostomy, John Howhard, Cough Bedlam, Amanda Pantsdown, The Evil Dr Dildo, et al... [too many names to mention here!] ). :P

DEAR SIR,

THIS LETTER MAY COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE BUT IT WAS
OUT OF MY DESIRE TO SHARE THIS MUTUAL PROPOSAL WITH
YOU, I GOT YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS THROUGH THE CHAMBERS
OF COMMERCE IN NIGERIA.

MY NAME IS MR.MARK IDE A GENERAL SECRETARY IN
ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL SECURITIES COMPANY HERE IN NIGERIA
THERE IS A CONSIGNMENT CONTAINING A
SUM OF (12,000,000.00USD)TWELVE MILLION UNITED STATES
DOLLARS DEPOSITED IN OUR COMPANY FOR SAFE KEEPING BY
ONE MR. GUEI WALTER BEFORE HIS DEATH,

NO ONE HAS COME
TO CLAIM THIS CONSIGNMENT AS A BENEFICIARY TILL DATE.
I AM HONORABLY SEEKING FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AS
FOLLOWS:
(1) I WANT YOU TO ACT AS A BENEFICIARY
(2) I WANT YOU TO PROVIDE A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THIS
MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED
I WILL PROVIDE YOU THE ENTIRE NECESSARY DOCUMENT FOR
THIS CONSIGNMENT TO PROVE THE CONSIGNEE AS A
BENEFICIARY TO THE COMPANY, 40% OF TOTAL AMAOUNT
MAPPED OUT FOR YOU WHILE THE 60% MAPPED OUT FOR ME.

IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH MY CONDITION DO NOT HESITATE TO
CALL ME ON MY DIRECT LINE [234-8035606467) OR YOU
SEND ME -MAIL markid2005@yahoo.com

SO THAT I CAN
FURNISH YOU UP WITH ALL THE INFORMATION NEEDED,
I WISH TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
FOR QUICK RESPONCE AND PROCCESS WRITE markid2005@yahoo.com

THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION

MARK IDE.

On a personal note, judging from the emails I have received from honourable Nigerian gentlemen, I have come to the conclusion that Nigeria is the wealthiest nation on the planet! There is so much money stashed away in hidden bank accounts that may be accessible to you or I that it could buy out the entire US arms industry! :owned:

Rincewind
31-03-2005, 10:23 PM
On a personal note, judging from the emails I have received from honourable Nigerian gentlemen, I have come to the conclusion that Nigeria is the wealthiest nation on the planet! There is so much money stashed away in hidden bank accounts that may be accessible to you or I that it could buy out the entire US arms industry! :owned:

Good response. On a personal note, Nigeria is quite a poor country for the majority of its population racked by not only poverty but low standards of public services (esp. education), a political system rife with corruption and of course (seemingly) the global headquarters of email scammers. So spare a thought for the hapless average Nigerians, 99.99% of whom are not email scammers.

ursogr8
31-03-2005, 10:24 PM
When trying to reply <snip>Yours sincerely,

Elevator Escapee,

EE

Perhaps you could take a more courageous approach. :rolleyes:
You could register on his bulletin board and lodge your posts and give him a fair chance to respond.
And when you do so...just make your actual name visible instead of hiding in anonymity.

regards
starter

antichrist
31-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Could I ever sterotype a certain race as ....... I have only met 4 altogether and everyone was .......

ElevatorEscapee
31-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Ah, you seem very sure that I haven't already... ;)

All I can say is all in good time Mr Starter, all in good time. :-)

ursogr8
01-04-2005, 08:06 AM
Ah, you seem very sure that I haven't already... ;)

All I can say is all in good time Mr Starter, all in good time. :-)

EE

Clearly your spam received lacked the address of where you intend to post.
Just pick the eyes out of this.

http://pi0i9i8.eizibioiairid.cioim/biuibieiricihieisisijieihiaid

Morning_mod
Note this is not a link to EXILED_ISLE.
So do not delete............................................ .Please

starter