PDA

View Full Version : Mt Buller - The Snowboard King

shaun
23-03-2005, 11:27 AM
My 6 year old son saved up enough to buy himself an XBox for Xmas. One of the games we have is Amped 2, a snowboarding game. Well one of the mountains in the game is Mt Buller. And I have to say the representation is pretty spot on, right down to the multi coloured ABOM sign above the Aus Open venue. Halfway down Athletes walk is a huge jump so if I get up enough speed I'm seeing if I can launch myself into a 3rd floor window at the Grand Chalet. Failing that I trying for a 720 off the roof of the Latrobe Sports Centre.

arosar
23-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Genius! At last a gaming thread. What's the feedback on Xbox? Is it good? Range of games? I'm thinking of buyind a new game box - so I thought PS2 might be OK.

AR

shaun
23-03-2005, 12:26 PM
The XBox is pretty good, if you don't mind making Bil Gates richer. If I had a criticism it is that the range of games is pretty narrow with a major emphasis on 1st person shooters. There seems to be a lot of car racing games a well, but only some of them I would reccomend (eg Need 4 Speed: Underground 2).
But I may not be the person to ask as I have very limited experience with game consoles.

Rincewind
23-03-2005, 01:14 PM
The XBox is pretty good, if you don't mind making Bil Gates richer. If I had a criticism it is that the range of games is pretty narrow with a major emphasis on 1st person shooters. There seems to be a lot of car racing games a well, but only some of them I would reccomend (eg Need 4 Speed: Underground 2).
But I may not be the person to ask as I have very limited experience with game consoles.

As far as car games go I find Midtown Madness 3 quite enjoyable. My kids like Simpsons Hit & Run. But when it gets boring it is time to get out the Nintendo and give Mario Kart 64 another run! ;)

There are also some decent adventure games for kiddies like Pitfall (for older kids) and my favourite game title of all time "Grabbed by the Ghoulies". ;) But ditto on the range, it doesn't seem to be as wide as the Sony but still quite a few to choose from.

Next generation of consoles must be coming out in the not too distant future, so perhaps it might be worth waiting a little bit longer and see how they look.

jenni
23-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Genius! At last a gaming thread. What's the feedback on Xbox? Is it good? Range of games? I'm thinking of buyind a new game box - so I thought PS2 might be OK.

AR

Talk to Gareth at Doeberl. He and his mates have X-boxes. They have parties at our place where they network them together and then have massive games. I can't walk through the house without being attacked by dangling cables and the noise level is truly horrific.

arosar
09-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Anyone here played Rome - Total War? Your thoughts?

AR

Alan Shore
10-06-2005, 05:37 AM
No, have heard good things though.. its predecessor Shogun: Total War was excellent.

I'm considering buying a Gamecube.. I really like the look of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That and I can get the Metroid games too.

arosar
10-06-2005, 09:44 AM
I just bought it. It was on 50% sale. Brilliant!

AR