PDA

View Full Version : Topalov loss sparks Kasparov retirement

News Bot
12-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Kasparov's recent loss to Topalov in the last round of Linares has sparked talk of his retirement from competition chess.{br}{br}View the Entire Article (http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2258){br}

antichrist
12-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Kasparov during press conference announcing retirement:
....And what will he do with his life in the future? "I want to accomplish more on the writing side. I want to complete my work My Great Predecessors. The project is expanding every year, and I want to spend more time on that. Also, by the end of this year my new book will appear, in fifteen languages, including Spanish of course, but also in Chinese and Japanese. The tentative title of the book is How Life Imitates Chess. It is a very important project because I want to demonstrate to a mainstream audience how the game of chess can explain the decision-making process in many walks of life."....
The BB does not realise the wise ones amongst you. A month ago when I stated here that when teaching juniors I state that chess is like life, i.e., move in haste and regret in leisure, matches marry in haste and also regret in leisure. You all poked fun at me.

Now the great hero is writing a book about it. Great minds think alike!

Rincewind
12-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Great minds think alike

... and fools seldom differ.

antichrist
12-03-2005, 03:39 PM
... and fools seldom differ.

I have not come across anyone thinking like me yet so you cannot be referring to myself. But I notice you many of you don't differ in your opinion of myself so maybe it is self-explanatory!

Deserve a clap for this one.

Rincewind
12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
I have not come across anyone thinking like me yet so you cannot be referring to myself. But I notice you many of you don't differ in your opinion of myself so maybe it is self-explanatory!

Deserve a clap for this one.

No. But I still really like the one about the junior looking through his book for what moves NOT to make. So here is another clap for that one. :clap:

You're not a bad stick at heart, AC. Just you say and do the most bizarre things at times.