PDA

View Full Version : playoff conditions

Garvinator
03-01-2004, 06:27 PM
not sure where to post this, so here will do :oops: .

On the old bb, i asked what had been decided about playoff conditions. I take it that as the championships are going on, there would have been something arranged.

What is the state of play at the moment?

Kevin Bonham
03-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Good question. Constitutional Committee finalised a unanimous recommendation to Council in early November and sent it off to get an email vote. However I have neither record nor memory of it actually being voted on. There was a big flurry of email votes going on at the same time.

Main features of our proposal were some of the prizemoney being held back for the playoff (I think it was a third of the pooled amount for the tied players) and a six month limit to hold the playoff in.

I'm looking into this to see what was done about it.

george
13-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi Kevin,

Yes the ACF now has new playoff proceedures in place as you outlined in your post. But because the Championship was into about round 7 or 8 naturally if a playoff had been required it would have been under the old by-laws.

Before the last round started I was madly copying the old playoff regulations and placing them up in the Championship venue and the Analysis Room.

The by-laws will be updated on the ACF Website as soon as is practicable.

Regards
George Howard
ACF President

Kevin Bonham
13-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Yes the ACF now has new playoff proceedures in place as you outlined in your post. But because the Championship was into about round 7 or 8 naturally if a playoff had been required it would have been under the old by-laws.

Correct. After seeing Garvin's query I contacted Denis Jessop to see what had happened with our recommendation about playoffs and it turned out it had been overlooked in all the other stuff going on at the time and couldn't be voted on in time for these Champs. We agreed it would be silly (and open to challenge) to impose new rules halfway through.

Luckily there was an outright winner so it didn't matter, and now there are new rules for the future. :)

Garvinator
13-01-2004, 05:53 PM
i will admit i was having a small chuckle at what i would think would have been the faces of the acf council during the last round when there was the possibility, i think, of a three way tie for first :twisted:

george
13-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi,

Well ACF Council wouldnt have been embarrassed if there had been a three way tie but it could have been expensive and possibly lucrative for the players involved. But Gary played like a Champion so there were smiles allround.

Cheers
George Howard