PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the NRL Premiership?

Trent Parker
06-03-2005, 12:31 AM
One Red Eye One White Eye.

GO THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderspirit
07-03-2005, 08:26 PM
2005: The Year of the Eel.

ursogr8
28-09-2005, 05:17 PM

Any reason this THREAD was abandoned back in March?
Is there a duplicate somewhere?

starter

bergil
28-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Any reason this THREAD was abandoned back in March?
Is there a duplicate somewhere?

starter
Never knew about it, whoever wins win be good for the game. For me the West Tigers wait has been longer so I hope they win.

Thunderspirit
28-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Make that 2006: The Year of the Eel... ;)

Rincewind
28-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Make that 2006: The Year of the Eel... ;)

Lee are you a parra supporter because their mascot is just your name spelt backwards, or is there some other link there?

ursogr8
28-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Never knew about it, whoever wins win be good for the game. For me the West Tigers wait has been longer so I hope they win.

I guess all the NRL followers, from chesschat, must have been posting on another thread. :P

auriga
28-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Lee are you a parra supporter because their mascot is just your name spelt backwards, or is there some other link there?

think he is a genuine supporter.
remember him wearing a parra shirt to a chess comp on one occasion.

bergil
02-10-2005, 02:37 AM
Pat Richards ankle is ok and is cleared to play in the grand final for the Tigers

bergil
02-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Pat Richards ankle is ok and is cleared to play in the grand final for the Tigers
What a try he scored of a Benji Marshell flick pass and he was robbed of another in the corner. :clap:

Dozy
02-10-2005, 08:15 PM
What a try he scored of a Benji Marshell flick pass and he was robbed of another in the corner. :clap:
Garn! It slipped out of his fingers...

arosar
02-10-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm not watching this game. Tigers will win anyway. Just shows the superiority of NSW and Sydney over all others.

I'm watching Aussie Idol right now. And here I think a kiwi might win!

AR

bergil
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm not watching this game. Tigers will win anyway. Just shows the superiority of NSW and Sydney over all others.

I'm watching Aussie Idol right now. And here I think a kiwi might win!

AR
Leave this country now and never come back! :wall: :P

ursogr8
03-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Leave this country now and never come back! :wall: :P

Gee whiz, the NRL Grand Final had some great moments.

I could watch many times the replays that Tiger guy who charged down the side-line and flicked the ball behind his back. That was really something. How did he get the timing right? How did the guy on his left know to cut inside and take the flick? It was just breathtaking play at blinding speed. We are just so lucky to have the technology to watch these replays.
The technology also allows improved decision-making as evidenced by the questioning of downward pressure on the ball in one of the tries. I am patient enough to wait for the Video-Ref to view the touch-down for legitimacy. But doesn’t it seem beyond the pale for the Field-Ref to refer a shepherding action to the Video-Ref also? Is it not selective to go back so many phases of play and review an interpretative infringement? What about the interpretative infringements that also occurred (inevitably) that are not noticed by Touch Judges and the Field-Ref; why are they ignored?
I have no problem with Video-Ref’s reviewing basically matters-of-fact such as down-pressure (and run-outs in cricket). But trawling back through the lead-up play for infringements seems to be spurious accuracy that is flawed because only selective interpretative infringements are reviewed.

starter

Ps Disclaimer. The writer of the post above is biased because he was mentally hoping for a Cowboy win.

bergil
03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
I could watch many times the replays that Tiger guy who charged down the side-line and flicked the ball behind his back. That was really something. How did he get the timing right? How did the guy on his left know to cut inside and take the flick? It was just breathtaking play at blinding speed. We are just so lucky to have the technology to watch these replays.
Benji Marshall flick, Pat Richards scored.

The technology also allows improved decision-making as evidenced by the questioning of downward pressure on the ball in one of the tries. I am patient enough to wait for the Video-Ref to view the touch-down for legitimacy. But doesn’t it seem beyond the pale for the Field-Ref to refer a shepherding action to the Video-Ref also? Is it not selective to go back so many phases of play and review an interpretative infringement? What about the interpretative infringements that also occurred (inevitably) that are not noticed by Touch Judges and the Field-Ref; why are they ignored?
They are ignored by the video ref because they went unoiticed by the ref and touch judges. They only go back that far in the play if it was on the same tackle as the try was scored on and if it is raised by the ref or brought to his attention by the touch judge.

I have no problem with Video-Ref’s reviewing basically matters-of-fact such as down-pressure (and run-outs in cricket). But trawling back through the lead-up play for infringements seems to be spurious accuracy that is flawed because only selective interpretative infringements are reviewed.But it was the same passage of play that lead to the try being scored, that's why they can review it.

Ps Disclaimer. The writer of the post above is biased because he was mentally hoping for a Cowboy win.
As I've heard to often with Parramatta, there's always next year.

Alan Shore
03-10-2005, 09:44 PM
OK, so who are the gimps who voted for Tigers AFTER the match had ended? :rolleyes:

ursogr8
03-10-2005, 10:28 PM
OK, so who are the gimps who voted for Tigers AFTER the match had ended? :rolleyes:

:uhoh: :uhoh:

Of more interest is the question why the thread was allowed to lie fallow from 7 March until Grand Final week? :hmm:

starter

Alan Shore
03-10-2005, 10:37 PM
:uhoh: :uhoh:

Of more interest is the question why the thread was allowed to lie fallow from 7 March until Grand Final week? :hmm:

starter

I think we both know the answer to that question. :owned:

Perhaps you should do a metric analysis comparision between postcounts on various football threads starter?

I think I'll stop making further posts on this thread though.. may skew the data!

Mischa
03-10-2005, 11:11 PM
wasn't that last weekend?

bergil
04-10-2005, 06:48 AM
wasn't that last weekend?
It was only the day before you posted :doh: and for the record West Tigers 30 North Queensland cowboys 16 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rincewind
04-10-2005, 08:05 AM
It was only the day before you posted :doh: and for the record West Tigers 30 North Queensland cowboys 16 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh the West Tigers won. Go them!

bergil
05-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Oh the West Tigers won. Go them!
They appreciate your support! :P

Rincewind
05-10-2005, 07:10 AM
They appreciate your support! :P

As well they should. So I'll say it again with vigour.

GO THEM!!!