PDA

View Full Version : Idiots abound-The goose, the mule and the goat

firegoat7
02-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Hello farmyard friends,

What was a goat supposed to do. One minute you tone down your language to appease others, despite it being your natural tendency not to even worry about such talk. You explain to the kids that its ok to youse the F word at home but not in public. You clarify that its not ok to hurt other animals, especially gooses and rabbits. Finally, you warn the young uns- if you want to grow up to be a big billy goat then you really ought not put other kids down.

Then, one sunny day in the paddock a dispute occurs about the word "idiot". It seems that the old mule, who everybody knows, has taken it upon himself to start calling everyone an idiot. The animals were confused.

A poll was brought about, most of the animals had a vote and it was decided that the mule was entitled to call people idiots. There was heated debate, the rooster, weasel and koala brought up good arguements for not calling animals idiots. But in the end the sheep and pigs had the numbers. They decided that the mule was entitled, as were all animals, to call others idiot.

Meanwhile, the goose just sat on the fence, not saying anything, despite his notorious reputation to always have the last say. If only the other animals knew the sadness in his heart, as his friend the mule was put on trial.

Things were fine for a couple of weeks, but then the goat added fire to the flames. He called the goose an idiot for squawking on about some trivilty. The goat knew full well that geese don't fly north for the winter, but the goose insisted on sticking his beak in anyway.

Morally mortified the goose ran around like a chook without a head, producing this lambasting which he announced with decree

okes aside, "idiot" is most certainly abuse but it is permitted on this board in the vast majority of cases, and deserved in no small number of them. As moderator, I am not interested in what is abuse and what is not so your comment above is ineffectual rubbish as usual.

My point is that you were being abusive, in this case while I was merely criticising your opinions (albeit dismissively) and that this undermines and exposes as hypocritical your attempts to criticise others for being abusive.

Well the goat was confused by the goose's squawking. It seemed that the grass was always greener on the other side of the fence. He tried to recollect the old farm knowledge he grew up with as a kid.

What was good for the goose was good for the mule...no that wasn't right... a bird in the hand was better then a goat in the bush....nah that didnt ring a cowbell ...you can lead a goat to water but you can't make a mule drink....nope, didn't quite fit either. Then it hit him , of course goosey was following on older proverb. All animals are equal but some are more equal then others.

Cheers Fg7

Rincewind
02-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Eric Blair you ain't. Maybe Tony.

firegoat7
02-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Lol, I wonder what we would call your character Bazza?

Rincewind
02-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Lol, I wonder what we would call your character Bazza?

I'm the old proletarian horse that is sent off to the knackery. ;)

firegoat7
02-03-2005, 09:58 PM
I should be sent to the knackery for my original English expression that continued to merge past and present tense together.....but don't get me started on the root causes of such things.
;)

Kevin Bonham
02-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Really the joke is on you firegoat - you are the kind of disingeneous and presumably illiberal far-left charlatan that Orwell would have had enough field days for every animal on the farm with. For instance, check the following:

He called the goose an idiot for squawking on about some trivilty.

That's rubbish, you called me an idiot because you did not agree with me, yet couldn't defend your statement, so that would make you a sub-idiot at best, but more probably just a revisionist hypocrite. You are the one who thought the supposed overrating of Tim Anderson was an issue, you are the one who advanced a belief that Pecori and Ly would squish him 4.5-1.5, if this matter is trivial then you are the one who brought it up.

Get back to the paddock and stay away from the strange plants with the green and spiky leaves.

firegoat7
02-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Dear Goosey,

It appears you have blown another headgasket, don't worry take some deep breaths, split the thread and sit back in your comfort zone. Let your buddy firegoat guide you through breakdown 99.

To begin, please press play on the Enya CD. Then repeat after me " I will learn to relax,... I am tolerant and open minded.... I need to learn to love myself first, before I can learn to love others......today marks the beginning of my new life...I am a nice guy....

Cheers Fg7

Kevin Bonham
03-03-2005, 12:05 AM
It appears you have blown another headgasket,

No, you've just shorted out your irony detector yet again.

To begin, please press play on the Enya CD.

I always imagined your musical taste to be suspect.

Hippy.

firegoat7
03-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Hippy.

Now Kevy I want you to concentrate here you may be able to make a breakthrough .....relax with the music.....try to visualise your earliest associations with hippy....what is it about hippies that you dislike.....was your father a hippy, kevy?.....did your mother spend more time packing pipes then making your lunch?....maybe it was your grade 1 teacher, did they make you wear sandals in school?.....relax kevy, go with the flow....listen to enya....repeat the mantra......I am not doing the eagle rock, goosesteps are more my cup of tea.

kindest regards Fg7

Alan Shore
03-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Hippy.

Funny, I'd always imagined a Hippy to resemble..

-an environmentalist
-an ecologist
-having long hair
-an individual interested in protection of endagered species
-living in a place filled with lush rainforests and many trees to hug (i.e. Tasmania)
-a green voter [actually I'm not sure about this one, don't know who you voted for.. but it would be convenient :) ]

firegoat7
03-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Bruce,

:shhh:

This is a delicate time in Kevy's healing ceremony.
Please don't mention the greens he may never recover from the trauma.

Fg7

Kevin Bonham
03-03-2005, 01:44 AM
-a green voter [actually I'm not sure about this one, don't know who you voted for.. but it would be convenient :) ]

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry to disappoint you but as firegoat suggests, I am actually a fairly notorious contra-green stirrer. Not that I am screamingly pro-industry but just that I am opposed to the constant abuse of science by misinformed zealots who have appointed themselves guardians of the environment without bothering to understand it first.

Among the highlights, I've been slagged off in Parliament by Senator Bob Brown, who was then forced to read a two-page flame I sent him into Hansard to avoid me taking him to the Privileges Committee for misleading the house. I also spent six months in and out of court defending my research, totally successfully on every count, against a rather witless legal appeal by the so-called Tasmanian Conservation Trust. Far from having any remaining trauma to recover from, I'm the one who can now be found dishing it out!

The irony is that firegoat talks about all this healing and soothing when I have heard that firegoat himself displays disturbing signs of addictive behaviour when it comes to maintaining the losing side of his flamewars, and can be found frothing obsessively about me to anyone fool enough to listen at the MCC and generally taking this all waaaaaaaaaay too seriously. Tell me firegoat, if I were to rock up to the MCC one day, how precisely would you react? I wouldn't take this nonsense off the board, for all the contempt you doubtless deserve for it, how about you? :lol:

(I just wish I had this hooked up to a webcam so you could see me grinning!)

try to visualise your earliest associations with hippy....what is it about hippies that you dislike.....was your father a hippy, kevy?.....did your mother spend more time packing pipes then making your lunch?....maybe it was your grade 1 teacher, did they make you wear sandals in school?.....

I thought you said you hated hippies too?

FWIW, my parents were hippies but grew out of it before I was old enough to remember. My earliest negative associations with hippies that I remember were seven years in an essentially hippy school, and slightly later a hippy-ish girlfriend who eventually became a fundamentalist Christian. I trust that this answers your question. :lol:

Alan Shore
03-03-2005, 11:49 AM
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry to disappoint you but as firegoat suggests, I am actually a fairly notorious contra-green stirrer. Not that I am screamingly pro-industry but just that I am opposed to the constant abuse of science by misinformed zealots who have appointed themselves guardians of the environment without bothering to understand it first.

Among the highlights, I've been slagged off in Parliament by Senator Bob Brown, who was then forced to read a two-page flame I sent him into Hansard to avoid me taking him to the Privileges Committee for misleading the house. I also spent six months in and out of court defending my research, totally successfully on every count, against a rather witless legal appeal by the so-called Tasmanian Conservation Trust. Far from having any remaining trauma to recover from, I'm the one who can now be found dishing it out!

Haha.. my first thought was 'Who hasn't been slagged off by Bob Brown?' but that's pretty cool.. would have been a neat thing to watch on Question Time.

antichrist
03-03-2005, 11:59 AM

KB
I would love to see a copy of those two pages. It is easy to come to the conclusion they took on the wrong person when taking you on. That is your course, not the nobodies in this BB, as I have told you before.

What a combo you had to cop, a hippy turning to God. From bad to worse. I dispute yesterday's version of what a hippie is. Definitely a change from what an originally hippie was.

But I am still a strong environmentalist.

Kevin Bonham
04-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I would love to see a copy of those two pages. It is easy to come to the conclusion they took on the wrong person when taking you on. That is your course, not the nobodies in this BB, as I have told you before.

Attached.

What a combo you had to cop, a hippy turning to God. From bad to worse.

I did not actually find out she'd become a fundie until a year or two afterwards, but it made some things make sense in retrospect.

I dispute yesterday's version of what a hippie is. Definitely a change from what an originally hippie was.

The old hippies - the ones that are left - are generally fine, they tend not to even be ecozealots. It's the modern brigade of JJJ ferals I have issues with.

firegoat7
04-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Dear Kevy,

Please turn Enya over and play the other side......obviously you have a number of issues here....Lets begin with your father, what was he like, did he insist that the family should eat at the table?....... You mention that your parents were former hippies eh? How did you feel when they joined the dark side?.......You talk about Bob Brown, Did you ever look up to him as a role model? ......What was it like for you when he rejected your love?.....Do you think you will ever become a jedi knight now that you have turned?..........You claim you make a living from snails, Do you prefer them with garlic butter or barbecue sauce?......... What about your former girlfriend? Some say Jesus satified her more then you? Was her name Mary?........

antichrist
05-03-2005, 08:26 AM
KB,
You have kept us on edge too long waiting for a counterpunch to FG7. There is no other action the board. We want to see blood! It seems you have been stunned -- get off the canvas and have a go.

We want our $25's worth.

Kevin Bonham
06-03-2005, 11:17 PM
antichrist - I was away. I actually mention when I'm going away on the "comings and goings" thread in the hope that people won't send me pointless moderation-related messages in my absence. It appears you don't read that thread, so just expect me to go away for weeks at a time sometimes.

obviously you have a number of issues here....

Actually you're still to respond to my comments about your own peculiar behaviour with respect to this board so we'll just :lol: at that one I think.

Lets begin with your father, what was he like, did he insist that the family should eat at the table?

One of my parents did, for a while anyway, I don't remember who it was.

...... You mention that your parents were former hippies eh? How did you feel when they joined the dark side?

You weren't paying attention - I already mentioned that was before I could remember.

You talk about Bob Brown, Did you ever look up to him as a role model?

Not as such - I don't have role models, heroes or idols, but in my late teens I respected his politics a lot.

......What was it like for you when he rejected your love[sic]?

No great surprise given that I had been criticising his party for some time.
The letter attached above contains more than a few crocodile tears but I was still surprised by the low quality of his criticisms and the slightly two-faced behaviour they implied, as if he had assumed I would not find them in the Senate.

You claim you make a living from snails

That's one of the things I make an unconvincing attempt at a living from.

Do you prefer them with garlic butter or barbecue sauce?

Only having eaten them once, I have no standard of comparison.

......... What about your former girlfriend? Some say Jesus satified her more then you?

For reasons I cannot possibly discuss here I would say that was true, by a factor of about 50%.

Was her name Mary?........

No, but Mary's dad was our maths lecturer. He was even more boring than you. :hand:

Cat
06-03-2005, 11:44 PM
antichrist - I was away. I actually mention when I'm going away on the "comings and goings" thread in the hope that people won't send me pointless moderation-related messages in my absence. It appears you don't read that thread, so just expect me to go away for weeks at a time sometimes.

Actually you're still to respond to my comments about your own peculiar behaviour with respect to this board so we'll just :lol: at that one I think.

One of my parents did, for a while anyway, I don't remember who it was.

You weren't paying attention - I already mentioned that was before I could remember.

Not as such - I don't have role models, heroes or idols, but in my late teens I respected his politics a lot.

No great surprise given that I had been criticising his party for some time.
The letter attached above contains more than a few crocodile tears but I was still surprised by the low quality of his criticisms and the slightly two-faced behaviour they implied, as if he had assumed I would not find them in the Senate.

That's one of the things I make an unconvincing attempt at a living from.

Only having eaten them once, I have no standard of comparison.

For reasons I cannot possibly discuss here I would say that was true, by a factor of about 50%.

No, but Mary's dad was our maths lecturer. He was even more boring than you. :hand:

KB, with the greatest respect, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours airing your private issues in this way. I'd suggest we close this thread, eh?

Kevin Bonham
07-03-2005, 12:03 AM
KB, with the greatest respect, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours airing your private issues in this way. I'd suggest we close this thread, eh?

David, with no respect whatsoever ...

Actually, I can't be bothered writing this post, it started well but you're just not worth it. :lol:

Garvinator
07-03-2005, 12:23 AM
you dont have to read it you know ;)

firegoat7
07-03-2005, 12:59 AM

David,

Again your advice falls on deaf ears,still the joke isn't on you is it. ;)

Kevin Bonham
07-03-2005, 01:28 AM
David,

The joke here is seldom on David, because generally the joke is David.

In this case the joke is on you. You carry on as if you are acheiving something with your stupid self-satisfying imitiations of a shrink while I just blithely ignore that, answering your questions about my life matter-of-factedly as if they were mundane chatter about nothing, and draw further attention to your failure to comment on the way you take exchanges on this BB waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

It may be that you are indulging yourself with some in-joke style reference to some inane dingbat piece of popular culture as you did once or twice before, or possibly showing the world your unfortunate homophobic side once more, but if so, I don't care. I don't even care if there's some point I am totally missing - if it's your point, it's bound to be a total waste of space. Quite simply, I don't know why you bother.

*bored*

firegoat7
07-03-2005, 01:55 AM
In this case the joke is on you. You carry on as if you are acheiving something with your stupid self-satisfying imitiations of a shrink while I just blithely ignore that, answering your questions about my life matter-of-factedly as if they were mundane chatter about nothing, and draw further attention to your failure to comment on the way you take exchanges on this BB waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

HaHa (best Nelson impersonation)- Its like shooting fish in a barrel. :clap:

Cat
07-03-2005, 07:36 AM
David,

Your analysis was indeed, as you suggest, brilliantly perceptive. Some people don't understand when they're their own worse enemy.

antichrist
07-03-2005, 08:14 AM

David,
I completely disagree with you. We need backstabbing and melodrama, the soap operas are full of it. Before when a woman was going to lose her virginity on the internet the isp "burnt up", but when I was going to put flesh to my intimate affair on the BB it was the biggest turn off, I don't know why.

We all have our skeletons, Oprah has made millions out of hers and Jerry Springer leaves those Christian TV programs for dead. Todays topic by the way is Transsexuals Attack, I meet you in the front row.

Kevin Bonham
07-03-2005, 07:42 PM
HaHa (best Nelson impersonation)- Its like shooting fish in a barrel. :clap:

The only fish you're shooting is yourself, but as you have neither brain nor heart the bullet is passing harmlessly through your piscean body, rupturing the barrel and causing you to die painfully hours later from lack of water.

Feel free to explain your little self-indulgent injoke if you feel so inclined ... if there even is one, that is. At present you and Dave just look like a couple of smug idiots blathering to each other about this wonderful new method of squaring the circle they've discovered.

antichrist - I understand your desire for the spiteful and sordid but there are definite limits to what will or should be posted here.

Cat
07-03-2005, 09:49 PM
David,
I completely disagree with you. We need backstabbing and melodrama, the soap operas are full of it. Before when a woman was going to lose her virginity on the internet the isp "burnt up", but when I was going to put flesh to my intimate affair on the BB it was the biggest turn off, I don't know why.

We all have our skeletons, Oprah has made millions out of hers and Jerry Springer leaves those Christian TV programs for dead. Todays topic by the way is Transsexuals Attack, I meet you in the front row.

There's too much blood on the floor, it's not nice. Fg7's won by a knockout, it's time to stop the fight. We are human beings after all.

antichrist
08-03-2005, 10:22 PM
There's too much blood on the floor, it's not nice. Fg7's won by a knockout, it's time to stop the fight. We are human beings after all.

Barry,
what capacity were you acting in when making this statement. Was it as the doctor employed by the Boxing Board to prevent serious head injuries and death.

Cat
08-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Barry,
what capacity were you acting in when making this statement. Was it as the doctor employed by the Boxing Board to prevent serious head injuries and death.

It was in my capacity as David actually!

Kevin Bonham
09-03-2005, 12:51 AM
It was in his capacity as the loser of the bout. It was actually a tag-team match, two against one, but as firegoat ran away from the opponent 30 seconds after the opening bell and reached out to tag his buddy ... well, we all know how firegoat is careless in physical scuffles. :owned: Dave's assessment was a plea for mercy while lying concussed on the mat, in which state he was, as usual in fact, too stupid to notice that the guy who KO'd him was his own teammate.

Cat
09-03-2005, 08:43 AM
It was in his capacity as the loser of the bout. It was actually a tag-team match, two against one, but as firegoat ran away from the opponent 30 seconds after the opening bell and reached out to tag his buddy ... well, we all know how firegoat is careless in physical scuffles. :owned: Dave's assessment was a plea for mercy while lying concussed on the mat, in which state he was, as usual in fact, too stupid to notice that the guy who KO'd him was his own teammate.

Some people just don't want to get better, do they? There's Fg7 giving you some friendly advice and you lash out! I think he was just moving too quickly for you, too many revalations at once, it's simply too much for anyone to deal with, it's called saturation technique and can be dangerous for those not ready to engage all the issues laid out. I could see that in your reply to him a sadness that was almost moving.

The fact is KB you've been so tetchy of late, no humour in your post, witless without wisdom and enterprise. You used to be so much more interesting. I've seen people become seriously depressed from their communications on the internet - I'd hate to see that happen to you.

Now look, lets just be friends, Fg7 and I are just here to support you, we'll listen to anything you have to say. Just get it off your chest KB & you'll feel so much better.

Kevin Bonham
09-03-2005, 05:03 PM
I could see that in your reply to him a sadness that was almost moving.

It is sad that anyone in the same taxonomic kingdom as me can be almost as stupid as you. :D

I've seen people become seriously depressed from their communications on the internet - I'd hate to see that happen to you.

I'm just glad you're not my doctor. :lol:

I bet you know about this phenomenon firsthand after all the floggings you've received on here.