PDA

View Full Version : BB Personality of the Year Poll 2004

antichrist
01-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Due to overwhelmning public demand BB members can vote on they think deserves to be crowned BB Personality of the Year 2004

I have included the obvious characters, sorry if I have missed you out.

Bill Gletsos
01-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Due to overwhelmning public demand BB members can vote on they think deserves to be crowned BB Personality of the Year 2004

I have included the obvious characters, sorry if I have missed you out.What overwhelming public demand.
There has been no demand at all.

antichrist
01-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I missed out on JGB and maybe others.

RE public demand or popularity or lack of -- since when that has stopped me from doing something.

One has got to hype these things up, creat something out of nothing, just like in chess and as God did!

You might win it Bill, then you'll like me.

Cat
01-03-2005, 09:48 PM
I voted for Starter. From humble beginnings he has shown himself to be brilliantly weird. I think he's also a man without prejudice which rates highly with me - and fairly principled.

What about an Alexander Downer Award for Diplomacy? I can think of one or two candidates deserving of that prize!

ursogr8
02-03-2005, 06:49 AM
I voted for Libby.
Constructive, persistent, shows her human side, generous, and totally intimidates me. :)

starter

Libby
02-03-2005, 08:30 AM
I voted for Libby.
Constructive, persistent, shows her human side, generous, and totally intimidates me. :)

starter

Now see, this must have been sent to cheer me up :) I have had one of those 1.5 weeks where life throws you the curveball that you are pushing 40 and really shouldn't have spent so much time in the sun at softball in your youth :boohoo:

As I am currently not ambulating, nor even able to drive, you should all consider yourself lucky there are none of my pet topics for me to vent on as my family are bearing the brunt of my ill-temper.

And Jenni is probably tired of me phoning her because I'm bored ... :rolleyes:

jenni
02-03-2005, 02:12 PM
And Jenni is probably tired of me phoning her because I'm bored ... :rolleyes:

I don't mind - always time for a gossip about chess. :D

jenni
02-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Sigh - I always knew I was a boring person - look at all the sad voteless people I am with. :depress:

Spiny Norman
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
kegless got my vote ... but I almost voted for AC on the strength of this post:

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?p=42695

because AC makes me laugh AND cry. ;)

Cat
02-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Where's Barry? How come he escaped all this? He should suffer like the rest of us!

Rincewind
02-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Where's Barry? How come he escaped all this? He should suffer like the rest of us!

:shhh:

Cat
02-03-2005, 09:01 PM
:shhh:

Err, I meant Garvin. The b & the g keys are so close on this damn keyboard.

Rhubarb
02-03-2005, 11:04 PM
kegless got my vote Just as a matter of interest, which version (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/jekylhyde.htm) did you vote for? I haven't voted yet (so many good options) but you may get the nod yet for a spectacular cheek-turning effort.

Garvinator
03-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Err, I meant Garvin. The b & the g keys are so close on this damn keyboard.
why is my name being brought into this pointless thread and why arent I mentioned in the poll :uhoh: maybe me not being mentioned in the poll is good. :whistle:

Libby
03-03-2005, 06:11 AM
why is my name being brought into this pointless thread and why arent I mentioned in the poll :uhoh: maybe me not being mentioned in the poll is good. :whistle:

Pointless thread? And here was me feeling a bit like the Prom Queen ... :owned:

antichrist
03-03-2005, 07:37 AM
Libby,
I forgot to say what first prize was. It is an all expenses paid "honeymoon" with me taking in the Sydney Easter Cup. I hope you are not one of those who look at the mantle piece while stoking the fire.

And if a male wins it they can choose their own boyfriend.

Libby
03-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Such a shame :eek: I will be accompanying an 11 year old to Doeberl instead.

Thus, declaring myself ineligible, perhaps people will choose to redirect their vote? I'd hate to deprive someone of such a reward ;)

ursogr8
03-03-2005, 09:36 AM
^
My vote still stands for Libby.
It is quite permissible to hand the prize back into the organisers and it jackpots until the next tourney. :uhoh:

starter

antichrist
03-03-2005, 09:47 AM
^
My vote still stands for Libby.
It is quite permissible to hand the prize back into the organisers and it jackpots until the next tourney. :uhoh:

starter

Do you mean next year I will be having a "sandwich"? I am becoming older not younger. I won't reiterate further as would probably get censored.

JGB
03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Do you mean next year I will be having a "sandwich"? I am becoming older not younger. I won't reiterate further as would probably get censored.

Good idea AC. :eh:

jenni
03-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Yay - I got a vote. I am no longer one of the sad wallflowers. (Although given the very risque nature of previous exchanges I might want to hand it back). Libby - I might have to dob you in to Mike. :lol:

Mischa
03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
:whistle: :shhh:

antichrist
03-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Yay - I got a vote. I am no longer one of the sad wallflowers. (Although given the very risque nature of previous exchanges I might want to hand it back). Libby - I might have to dob you in to Mike. :lol:

Sorry

Libby
03-03-2005, 06:52 PM

I believe he lurks here as an evil spirit already :ogre:

jenni
03-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Sorry

No problems :)

antichrist
03-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Libby,
Hi bip hooray, hi bip hooray, hi bip hooray!

I will try and ensure you get acknowledgement and a round of applause for your BB win at the Doberl, who knows maybe even a little plague or trophy.

Thanks everyone for making the poll happy exercise and success.

antichrist
04-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Second prize is coaching by myself -- I think I know where I will be told where to shove it by the runner-up.

Rhubarb
04-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Second prize is coaching by myself -- I think I know where I will be told where to shove it by the runner-up.Not at all, antichrist. For the first time ever you made me laugh out loud.

Libby
04-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Libby,
maybe even a little plague or trophy.

Thanks everyone for making the poll happy exercise and success.

The prize list gets ever more dubious ... :eek:

antichrist
04-03-2005, 01:44 PM
The prize list gets ever more dubious ... :eek:

Your wish is my command.

Spiny Norman
04-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Just as a matter of interest, which version (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/jekylhyde.htm) did you vote for? I haven't voted yet (so many good options) but you may get the nod yet for a spectacular cheek-turning effort.

<chuckles> .... I can't separate the two! :lol: You've yet to see me in one of my Jekyll-n-Hyde moments either. :doh:

Lucena
04-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I will try and ensure you get acknowledgement and a round of applause for your BB win at the Doberl, who knows maybe even a little plague or trophy.

So you want to give Libby the plague... :eh: and we thought it was just your mind that was sick! :eek:

antichrist
04-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I wondered what she was getting at. I did not look at the bold print.

But I have still got one up on you Gareth.