PDA

View Full Version : Antichrist Barred Poll

antichrist
21-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Last night I was temporary barred for repeatedly posting a message which the mods repeatedly deemed to delete.

The message was to the effect:

NB I have already been given permission to post it this morning

It was in the ratings thread and the discussion about how to convert junior ratings to adult was done for. I had already asked Bunta how he found using the BB, this post and his answer is probably still there.

I posted on that thread because that was the only thread that Bunta was likely to read ever, and esp. at that time of the morning. And as a youngster I was genuinely interested in his opinion -- even if it was hostile to mine.

Also Bill was taking part in the discussion so it was a relevant thread to an extent. I also said that I was not going to be censored but I think that was irrelevant.

As said many times before I am a very democratic person...

firegoat7
21-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Hello A/C

There are probably many of us who are not familiar with the reasons behind your banning. So, Just for the record would you be able to give an account of the processes that were employed against you. How many warnings did you get? Did somebody suggest you would be banned? Is their an official email communication from the mods outlining the reasons for your banning? Was their agreement amongst the mods about your banning?

You were only suspended, but it would be useful to recognise that in the future you might be banned completely. In that case, it may be helpful to ensure that this dosen't happen, by being aware of future guidelines.

Cheers FG7

arosar
21-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Well that didn't seem very fair.

AR

Bill Gletsos
21-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Last night I was temporary barred for repeatedly posting a message which the mods repeatedly deemed to delete.

The message was to the effect:

NB I have already been given permission to post it this morning

It was in the ratings thread and the discussion about how to convert junior ratings to adult was done for. I had already asked Bunta how he found using the BB, this post and his answer is probably still there.

I posted on that thread because that was the only thread that Bunta was likely to read ever, and esp. at that time of the morning. And as a youngster I was genuinely interested in his opinion -- even if it was hostile to mine.

Also Bill was taking part in the discussion so it was a relevant thread to an extent. I also send that I was not going to be censored but I think that was irrelevant.

As said many times before I am a very democratic person...
Although DR and I were disagreeing with regards his response to Bunta I had refrained from calling him names.
You on the other hand were deliberately trying to start a fight in a thread where there was no fight in progress.

Bill Gletsos
21-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Hello A/C

There are probably many of us who are not familiar with the reasons behind your banning. So, Just for the record would you be able to give an account of the processes that were employed against you. How many warnings did you get? Did somebody suggest you would be banned? Is their an official email communication from the mods outlining the reasons for your banning? Was their agreement amongst the mods about your banning?

You were only suspended, but it would be useful to recognise that in the future you might be banned completely. In that case, it may be helpful to ensure that this dosen't happen, by being aware of future guidelines.

Cheers FG7
The Admin/Mods deleted AC's post.
He reposted it.
They deleted it and temporarily banned him.

antichrist
21-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Hello A/C

There are probably many of us who are not familiar with the reasons behind your banning. So, Just for the record would you be able to give an account of the processes that were employed against you. How many warnings did you get?

A/C
Zero

FG7
Did somebody suggest you would be banned?

A/C No

FG7
Is their an official email communication from the mods outlining the reasons for your banning?

A/C
No

FG7
Was their agreement amongst the mods about your banning?

A/c
Told nothing

FG7

Cheers FG7

A/C
As I thought the deletions were way over the top so I kept posting. I was only discussing other people's rudeness on the BB, yet I got the penalty -- not the bully-boy. I was not been abusive.

antichrist
21-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Although DR and I were disagreeing with regards his response to Bunta I had refrained from calling him names.
You on the other hand were deliberately trying to start a fight in a thread where there was no fight in progress.

There would have only been a fight if you could not control your responses, like you often cannot.

Part of maturity is accepting what we may find awkward because we have gotten ourselves into that situation.

What you may found awkward is that you seen yourself as the Chess Assoc official and your personality was been exposed to a youngster.

But I had not mentioned names and that beginner would not have known who I may have been referring to.

Bill Gletsos
21-02-2005, 09:47 AM
There would have only been a fight if you could control your responses, like you often cannot.

Part of maturity is accepting what we may find awkward because we have gotten ourselves into that situation.

What you may found awkward is that you seen yourself as the Chess Assoc official and your personality was been exposed to a youngster.

But I had not mentioned names and that beginner would not have known who I may have been referring to.Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.
You were being deliberately provocative.

ursogr8
21-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.
You were being deliberately provocative.

^
I don't think either of these points are relevant, but I don't think we should even be supporting /not-supporting MODs decisions. They are volunteers, and are there by our consensus of reasonableness.

I will not be voting in this poll.
starter

Bill Gletsos
21-02-2005, 11:07 AM
^
I don't think either of these points are relevant,I suspect the latter is relevant.

but I don't think we should even be supporting /not-supporting MODs decisions. They are volunteers, and are there by our consensus of reasonableness.Agreed.
The Mods saw fit to delete his post. He was stupid enough to repost it.
They temporarily suspended his account for what seemed like 30 mins-1hr.

I will not be voting in this poll.Nor will I.

ursogr8
21-02-2005, 11:19 AM
I suspect the latter is relevant.

Fortunately, you are wrong. Otherwise, half my posts might suffer. ;)

The Mods saw fit to delete his post. He was stupid enough to repost it.
They temporarily suspended his account for what seemed like 30 mins-1hr.

Now this bit is relevant. ;)

Nor will I.

Not that I wannabe a MOD, but we are in accord.

starter

antichrist
21-02-2005, 02:58 PM
In an amazing burst of speed a/c has inreased the differential from 7 to 43 in 3 days. The stewards have intervened and a/c has been banned. The Punters Club changes to a bet on one of three outcomes > the MOD takes advantage of the other MODS action >> a/c leaves >>> in 5 moves, Caketin wins .
__________________________________________--

A/C appealed and is off and running again.

TCN is penalised twenty places for boredom and crawling.

Bunta is off the track changing his nappies.

AR made an impression early but has faded away

AFL goalposts has adopted a new slant, deflecting frontal attacks.

Starter is protecting his rear end.

DR challenged the stewards but has left the course.

BD is playing God with relish.
_____________________________________________-

I should be better again by tomorrow so I will be off line -- Godda willing!

Cat
21-02-2005, 07:49 PM
I think I can shed some light on the matter. I posted a simple response to Bunta, which I thought was correct at the time. But then Bill went bezerko because I'd been too cautious with the variance. Antichrist, sensing a possible conflagration over what was a simple mistake on my part, stepped in to try to douse the discourse to avoid upsetting our juvenile enquirer.

Obviously at this point some mod completely lost his head and deleted Antichrist post, presumably to deliberately inflame Bill into action.

I wonder if some mods around enjoy this kind of provocation? I notice the BB has been a little quiet and maybe they see this as a way of entertainment. I can only feel sorry for Antichrist who through his innocent chivalry became unwittingly ambushed by some ruthless mod. I vote no!

Bill Gletsos
21-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I think I can shed some light on the matter. I posted a simple response to Bunta, which I thought was correct at the time.Rubbish, Recherché noted that your response was worthless before I did.

But then Bill went bezerkoNow you ar just misrepresentimng the situation. I was anything but berzerko. I hadnt abused you.

because I'd been too cautious with the variance.Because you had no clue as usual.

Antichrist, sensing a possible conflagration over what was a simple mistake on my part, stepped in to try to douse the discourse to avoid upsetting our juvenile enquirer.The only thing Antichrist did was try and douse it in petrol.
Bunta saw what a fool Antichrist was.

Obviously at this point some mod completely lost his head and deleted Antichrist post, presumably to deliberately inflame Bill into action.Again you misrepresent the facts.
I made one comment after AC's made his post beofre his post was deleted.
Both AC's post and my reply which quoted his post were deleted.
AC then reposted his post. It was again deleted and he was baned.

I wonder if some mods around enjoy this kind of provocation? I notice the BB has been a little quiet and maybe they see this as a way of entertainment. I can only feel sorry for Antichrist who through his innocent chivalry became unwittingly ambushed by some ruthless mod. I vote no!What a load of crap.
There was no innnnocent chivalry on Antichrists part. All he was trying to do was inflame a situation where no abuse had occurred.
Bunta saw him for the fool he is.

JGB
21-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Bill, do not fall into David's trap... he can already feel the line being tugged.

Bill Gletsos
21-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Bill, do not fall into David's trap... he can already feel the line being tugged.Oh, I'm quite prepared to keep yanking his chain. ;)

Kevin Bonham
21-02-2005, 11:54 PM

No, it was for posting stuff on inappropriate threads.

Then you should have sent him a PM. shoutbox was another option.

antichrist posted the abovementioned post, which was deleted by admin. Five minutes later he posted another irrelevant post on the same thread. It read:

I am watching High Crimes on TV at the moment so won't be put off by censorship, just as the lawyer/wife won't be in the movie!

At this point the admin suspended him for the minimum (one day) but also informed the other mods that we were free to unban him if we were willing to keep an eye on him. After unsuccessfully attempting to find a way to shorten the ban I decided to unban him altogether, which I did roughly 25 minutes after the original ban was imposed.

David's post on this thread is fabricated rubbish as usual.

Cat
22-02-2005, 07:34 AM
Wow, not sticking to the subject, thats pretty serious stuff. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, he's lucky not to have been ex-communicated. I can understand you loosing your head about that one Kevin, I'm surprised you didn't split the thread.

Now Antichrist, this is what happens to heathens, their lack of moral compass leads to sin and you have sinned big-time. It's time to apologise to Kevin Confessor and offer your contrition. What will it be?

ursogr8
22-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Wow, not sticking to the subject, thats pretty serious stuff. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, he's lucky not to have been ex-communicated. I can understand you loosing your head about that one Kevin, I'm surprised you didn't split the thread.

Now Antichrist, this is what happens to heathens, their lack of moral compass leads to sin and you have sinned big-time. It's time to apologise to Kevin Confessor and offer your contrition. What will it be?

Dr Dave

I think you are losing it mate.
Were you not watching when the MOD_in_Training posted #8 on this very thread? :rolleyes:
Fancy you saying .

There is a new policy around here, my northern associate, post off topic and ............................. well, words will fail you.

starter
ps CI

antichrist
22-02-2005, 09:49 AM

As you would well know the role of the Anti-Christ is to bring as many as possible down with him especially righteous leaders which is why I have targeted the prez.

The same thing has happened before. They were all talking civilly to each other, for a change, and I burped in with something like:

"Now come on boys come out fighting, Matt and Bill get stuck into each other, KB you can handle a few, AR you can do the swearing, and the rest of you hangers-on ayeing and nayeing can bore us to death."

It didn't see the light of day either. KB declared it irrelevant and stirring.

As stated earlier, if Kegless can give up the fags then Bill can also change -- and lo and behold he is making an effort. He is probably going home and kicking the dog instead.

Talk about the grass always been greener on the other side, I actually miss Bill shooting his head off and earlier on was encouraging him to do so. Just as we missed Keating saying: Like a dog returning to it's own vomit. Only troubles Bill's were only one dimentional -- just rude without an once of humour.

Trent Parker
22-02-2005, 10:11 AM
In an amazing burst of speed a/c has inreased the differential from 7 to 43 in 3 days. The stewards have intervened and a/c has been banned. The Punters Club changes to a bet on one of three outcomes > the MOD takes advantage of the other MODS action >> a/c leaves >>> in 5 moves, Caketin wins .

Ahhh the punter's should have forseen my drop back as i went to Toukley for the Weekend. :D .... And i probably wouldnt make 43 posts anyhow. :D

Cat
22-02-2005, 12:08 PM
As you would well know the role of the Anti-Christ is to bring as many as possible down with him especially righteous leaders which is why I have targeted the prez.

As stated earlier, if Kegless can give up the fags then Bill can also change -- and lo and behold he is making an effort. He is probably going home and kicking the dog instead.

Only troubles Bill's were only one dimentional -- just rude without an once of humour.

Yes its almost as if our missions are over, we have freed the peoples of the Bulletin Board from tyranny & oppression. This thread moderation stuff is pretty banal by comparison, better they exercise their desire for dominance that way - its pretty tame. You and I can ride off into the sunset like John Wayne & Henry Fonda knowing justice and liberty have been restored. Spare a moments silence for The Sweeney who laid down his cyberlife for the cause. Adieu for now mon amis, but I'll be back!

Bill Gletsos
22-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes its almost as if our missions are over, we have freed the peoples of the Bulletin Board from tyranny & oppression.It seems all the two of you have done is demonstrate how foolish you both are.

This thread moderation stuff is pretty banal by comparison, better they exercise their desire for dominance that way - its pretty tame. You and I can ride off into the sunset like John Wayne & Henry Fonda knowing justice and liberty have been restored.You are totally delusional. AC is more like Daffy Duck than the Duke (I'm sure I'm doing Daffy a dis-service) and comparing yourself to Henry Fonda is a complete joke. You are more the Elmer Fudd type hunting wabbits with similar success.

Spare a moments silence for The Sweeney who laid down his cyberlife for the cause.He pretty much committed suicide playing russian rullette with the Admin/Mods.

Adieu for now mon amis, but I'll be back!Sort of like a comet. Too bad your return visits are not as infrequent.

Kevin Bonham
22-02-2005, 02:45 PM
I can understand you loosing your head about that one Kevin, I'm surprised you didn't split the thread.

The posts had already been deleted before I saw it.

Had I had the option I would have split the thread and risked 200 posts of rubbish from firegoat whining about such a courageous decision. :rolleyes:

Worthless gibberish. Stop wasting time.

antichrist
08-06-2005, 06:24 PM
everything I do - I do for Gareth

this thread is worth reading for entertainment value

Lucena
08-06-2005, 06:33 PM
everything I do - I do for Gareth

erm, okaaaaaay... :eek: (edges away slowly)

Come to think of it, I thought everything you did, you did for Kaitlin?

antichrist
09-06-2005, 01:27 AM
erm, okaaaaaay... :eek: (edges away slowly)

Come to think of it, I thought everything you did, you did for Kaitlin?

I can't remember, but I did nominate here as second choice for recusitatitutatition. (the correct letters must be in there somewhere)