PDA

View Full Version : St George Club Championship 2005

Pages : 1 [2]

bergil
18-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Let's just understand that bergil is a newbie to chess and does not really understand everything. That he apparently needs to be told what Mr Parr has done for us is adequate proof of his ignorance.

AR
Ignorant I may be, doesn't mean I can't see someone laying the slipper any chance he gets.

bergil
18-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Err...no...the substance and expression of your opinion. Just think for a moment: who are you compared to PP?

Remind us again. You're a newbie to chess, right?

AR
Who do I have to be to have an opinion? A blog writer? So you have never posted anything that others don't agree with? Get over yourself!

antichrist
18-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Bergil, I don't think the last chapter has been written on this matter.

If you don't understand where Peter P is coming from I could understand where you are coming from.

In one way Peter P has been brave in putting himself out on a limb so that what he believes is the correct thing will be done.

I also greatly admire hard-working Charles, always a jovial person even under pressure - wish my missus was like that. And in spite of him kicking me out of St Barnaby's Church Hall for my mobile going off.

I also know more that I have let on and would love to let things drop - but I have my altruistic reasons as well.

So we are all bleeding.

arosar
18-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't worry about bergil. He has his own politics at play.

AR

PHAT
18-08-2005, 03:26 PM
What you meant to say was, being a gossipy old hack and jealous of anyone who is thought well of in chess. ... Please tell us again, oh doyen of the chess world. How much you done for us the chess community and not for yourself and your pocket!

A 3/10 flame. (3/5 for depth of insult, 0/5 for genuine heat) Fortunately, your flame isn't true. To reach 9/10, it has to be close to true.

I have just read other's defence of PP and find that I must concur with them. If you real want to do good, want to lance a painful boil, go after the NSWCA.

PHAT
18-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Remind us again. You're [bergil] a newbie to chess, right?

AR

When I started posting the same critisism was levelled at me. No big deal. Newbies that cannot take the heat in the kitchen, leave. I think bergil will go the distance. ;)

arosar
18-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Well, of course! We just need to correct his politics.

AR

Rincewind
18-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, of course! We just need to correct his politics.

Meaning criticism is OK, as long as it is not directed at one of your mates? In which case it is "un-Australian". I suppose you have heard the truism that patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Thunderspirit
18-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Many valid points have been made regarding this event, but it has gone of track and I suggest moderators close the thread.

antichrist
18-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Many valid points have been made regarding this event, but it has gone of track and I suggest moderators close the thread.

Not at all, there is possibly still one outstanding issue which cannot even be discussed sensibly until we see the minutes of NSWCA Council from whom I have not heard back from yet.

If you actually read the posts I offered Bill the chance to divulge any other action that Council may have taken but he has lockjaw in spite of AR's prayers.

I may be in a position to see the minutes within the next few weeks, you could short-circuit the process by viewing the minutes yourself and report such on the BB or via PM.

Merry Christmas by the way.

Kevin Bonham
19-08-2005, 03:37 PM

It is getting rather heated and possibly even a bit legally dodgy in places so I would ask all posters to stick to the topic and avoid straying into general discussion of opinions of personality - or at least take such to the non-chess section. If it continues down the present path it is highly likely the thread will be locked.

antichrist
19-08-2005, 04:10 PM
TCN, can you divulge via PM to me a fellow NSWCA member, the full account of what is in the minutes re this thread?

Trent Parker
19-08-2005, 04:22 PM
TCN, can you divulge via PM to me a fellow NSWCA member, the full account of what is in the minutes re this thread?

The NSWCA Secretary will contact you in due course.

Trent Parker
19-08-2005, 04:28 PM
If you real want to do good, want to lance a painful boil, go after the NSWCA.

What sort of half wit would think that this would do good?

You have been banned by the NSWCA. You have a gripe with the NSWCA for doing so.

You have sprouted a load of bull faeces all over this bulletin board all because of your gripe over being banned. Any sensible person can see this.

antichrist
19-08-2005, 04:37 PM

You have been banned by the NSWCA. You have a gripe with the NSWCA for doing so.

You have sprouted a load of bull faeces all over this bulletin board all because of your gripe over being banned. Any sensible person can see this.

Take your blue to another thread so that this one does not get locked - as I did with Classic Stirs in non-chess section. Aren't I a good boy. Tcn thanks for that reply.

PHAT
19-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Me and many others.

You have been banned by the NSWCA. You have a gripe with the NSWCA for doing so. I have a gripe that a member was banned. The fact that that member is me, is irrelevant. If/when AR gets banned, I will be equally as gripey [is that a word?]

The faeces that I hoik at the fan is the steaming cable laid monthly by the NSWCA council. :hmm: That is an interesting curious time period.

(Psst. I think the actual word is "bullshit". If you want to avoid using the real word because you think using it is in some way be more offensive than the thought of bull's faeces, may I suggest you be more imaginative. eg "androbovine stools." :wink: )

Lucena
19-08-2005, 11:06 PM
... I would ask all posters to stick to the topic and avoid straying into general discussion of opinions of personality - or at least take such to the non-chess section. If it continues down the present path it is highly likely the thread will be locked.

What sort of half wit

You have sprouted a load of bull faeces

The faeces that I hoik at the fan is the steaming cable laid monthly by the NSWCA council.

Not looking good guys. If you can behave yourselves till wednesday maybe some of this stuff will be sorted out by then.

PHAT
19-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Not looking good guys. If you can behave yourselves till wednesday maybe some of this stuff will be sorted out by then.

WHAT! :eek: You mean I have 4 only days left to create an aerosol of E.coli larger than the Maralinga plum.

peter_parr
22-08-2005, 03:27 PM
What you meant to say was, being a gossipy old hack

Congratulations on your draw in the opposite bishops ending in the grade matches.

I hope one day in the years ahead, when I am old enough, to win a veteranís prize like you did recently.

Once again congratulations.

Peter Parr

bergil
22-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Congratulations on your draw in the opposite bishops ending in the grade matches.

I hope one day in the years ahead, when I am old enough, to win a veteranís prize like you did recently.

Once again congratulations.

Peter Parr
??? I doubt I will ever win a prize in chess, unless they give one for being mated or acting foolishly. :doh:

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts, your a bigger man than I :clap:

antichrist
22-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Bergil, to publish a chess magazine I would imagine is an enormous job and the couple of dollars for each one would not compensate one at all for the amount of time involved. You try and do one!

They are also a labour of love. And we should be thankful for whoever takes one on. Present, past and future.

peter_parr
23-08-2005, 12:34 PM
The NSWCA isnít affiliated with FIDE.
In fact FIDE couldnít care less about the NSWCA, or any other State Association for that matter.
FIDE only recognises National Federations.

It would appear Peter Parr fails to appreciate that the St. George Club Championship and the North Sydney Club Championship are not NSWCA events and have nothing to do with the NSWCA.

They are individual club events that those clubs wish to have FIDE rated. It is not the NSWCA's responsibility to ensure these events conform to FIDE regulations. It is the responsibility of the ACF FIDE ratings Officer to whom the events are submitted for FIDE rating.

As for the St. George event because it was submitted to NSW for ACF rating, the NSWCA has sent a letter to the St. George Chess club informing them that that the correct procedure is to be carried out in the future and that there be no re-occurrence of recording unplayed games as drawn games.

I would respectfully suggest that the round robin FIDE Rated St George Leagues Club Championship and the round robin FIDE
Rated North Sydney Leagues Club Championship do have something to do with the NSWCA.
Firstly in each of these two FIDE Rated events it was a requirement of entry for all the players to be current financial members of the NSWCA. Each of the events were played in major clubs both of which are financially affiliated with the NSWCA. Each club has competed recently in the NSWCA inter-club competition where once again each individual player is a financial member of the NSWCA. St George has a very strong affiliation(and influence) with NSWCA winning all the divisions in the NSWCA inter-club. The NSWCA receives the results for rating by the NSWCA Ratings Officer and the ACF Ratings Officer(who is the NSWCA President)produces the national rating list.
The governing body of chess in NSW is NSWCA which is affiliated to the Australian Chess Federation - affiliated to FIDE.

The suggestion that FIDE couldn't care a less about the NSWCA and only recognises National Federations is not the viewpoint of FIDE. As quoted in my last post(15 Aug)FIDE unanimously agreed at its Presidential Board Meeting in Doha, Qatar in May 2005 that " there will be severe punishments for players, arbiters, officials, organisers and federations in proven cases of malpractice, up to a ban for life". FIDE is currently investigating events in Alushta(not the national federation) and if necessary action will be taken against players arbiters, officials etc in Alushta.

FIDE(gens una sumus)we are one people - seeks the co-operation of players, arbiters, officials in every area of the world.

The chief arbiter of the FIDE rated St George round robin was Dr Charles Zworestine who was elevated to International Arbiter of FIDE in Abuja, Nigeria two years ago. Dr Zworestine has done an enormous amount of work for chess over a long period of time in the NSW Junior League, Club, State, and National level and is of course fully qualified for the coveted FIDE IA Title.

I have served FIDE on four separate Commissions - Rules, Arbiters, Chips, Computer over a twelve year period and have been a FIDE International Arbiter of 27 years standing. I share the malpractice concerns of my colleagues on the FIDE Presidential Board.

The only action taken so far by our chess administration is that the NSWCA agreed to write a letter to St George Leagues Club Chess Club advising them of the correct procedure in the future.
This sends a very bad precedent to every tournament organiser. If a club knowingly submits incorrect results, is found out and resubmits the results and for the second time the results are knowingly incorrect the NSWCA will advise them of the correct procedure in the future.

I would ask the NSWCA Council to re-consider the matter as FIDE would consider this to be totally inadequate.
It is a FIDE requirement in a FIDE rated round robin that the arbiter keeps a copy of the score sheets. Ten players, nine rounds, total games is 45. The arbiter has now confirmed four of these were submitted as played when they were not and to the best of his knowledge the other games were all played. As a very minimum surely the NSWCA council must insist that (A) copies of the games which were not played at the venue(presumably not too many)
under the supervision of the arbiter be made available. This will stop speculation about possible other unplayed games.

(B) The NSWCA should also write to the arbiter and receive a written response and (C)also receive a written response from St George Leagues Club Chess Club.

If A,B and C are carried out NSWCA would be able to say they took action on the matter if FIDE investigates.

Peter Parr

PHAT
23-08-2005, 03:04 PM
If A,B and C are carried out NSWCA would be able to say they took action on the matter if FIDE investigates.

Peter Parr

This is hard ball - but fair.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the concil meeting on Thursday.
:boohoo: :evilb:

rob
23-08-2005, 03:31 PM
This is hard ball - but fair.

:boohoo: :evilb:

Someones hoping a problem between a NSW club tourney & its FIDE rating will lead to the revolution he so badly craves.

Dream on :whistle:

Rincewind
23-08-2005, 03:32 PM

Am I the only one struck by the irony of this sentence? :hmm:

Spiny Norman
23-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Peter plays a delightful, though rather delicate combination ... spoon-feeding and a shot across the bows. ;)

Trent Parker
23-08-2005, 04:47 PM
Am I the only one struck by the irony of this sentence? :hmm: Umm I don't think so :lol:

arosar
24-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Blog updated.

AR

antichrist
24-08-2005, 06:13 PM
We do not know what has or not happened until someone views the minutes of last meeting and maybe tomorrow night's as well. I assume I will be eventually contacted back on this matter as TCN assures me.

antichrist
24-08-2005, 06:30 PM
AR, do you mind trying to contact secretary to see minutes of last month and this month's meeting re St George. Same time you may find out the latest on Bill.

arosar
24-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Why I gotta do it?

AR

antichrist
24-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Who else will do it on behalf of the Board, the Blogg, Australian chess and civilisation. I am very far away and we would have expected TCN to come good - try and corner him if you can.

Trent Parker
25-08-2005, 09:55 AM
:lol: You will be contacted a/c in due course........

moss
27-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Someones hoping a problem between a NSW club tourney & its FIDE rating will lead to the revolution he so badly craves.

Dream on :whistle:
you forgot to add 'don't you even hope that we can ever be forced to act fair to everyone and according to laws. We can get away with anything. '

Trent Parker
27-08-2005, 09:29 PM
It is a FIDE requirement in a FIDE rated round robin that the arbiter keeps a copy of the score sheets.

Really? Thats interesting. I wouldn't mind having a read of that section. Would you be able to tell me where in the Fide rules this is?

The_Wise_Man
20-02-2006, 08:35 PM
2006 St George Club Championship starts on Tuesday...

Charles Z is the person to speak to re entering

Will start a new thread as soon as the draw is up!

Wise

Garvinator
20-02-2006, 09:26 PM
2006 St George Club Championship starts on Tuesday...

Charles Z is the person to speak to re entering

Will start a new thread as soon as the draw is up!

Wise
and the policy on phones is ? :uhoh:

The_Wise_Man
20-02-2006, 09:31 PM
talk to Charles... he is the DOP!

Wise

Garvinator
20-02-2006, 09:34 PM
talk to Charles... he is the DOP!

Wise
oh come on, learn to buck pass better than that;) :lol: i think the answer you should have gave is that you are no longer a member of the St George committee and so it isnt your responsibility, therefore, speak to one of them:D :cool: