PDA

View Full Version : Topalov leads with 5.5

News Bot
25-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Topalov leads the Corus tournament with 55/8{br}{br}View the Entire Article (http://www.coruschess.com/){br}

Spiny Norman
26-01-2005, 12:55 PM
What's with the News Bot and scores? It consistently drops the decimal point out. e.g. 55/8 instead of 5.5/8 Annoys me every time I see it. :confused:

skip to my lou
26-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Hmm, not sure, I'll need to take a look at the code when I get a chance.

Spiny Norman
26-01-2005, 08:32 PM
It'll probably be one of those weird-ass regex things that used to drive me crazy (I used to do a spot of Perl programming a few years ago, but I've won my battle and have managed to kick the habit!).

auriga
27-01-2005, 09:00 AM
It'll probably be one of those weird-ass regex things that used to drive me crazy (I used to do a spot of Perl programming a few years ago, but I've won my battle and have managed to kick the habit!).

thanks for letting me know. i've fixed the problem.
it was with the xml i was sending to chesschat.
it was a regex thing!

Spiny Norman
27-01-2005, 07:57 PM
thanks for letting me know. i've fixed the problem.
it was with the xml i was sending to chesschat.
it was a regex thing!

ha HA!!!! :owned: My old boss used to say to me (when I was a just young, hot-shot programmer) ... "I can still cut code you know!". :lol: Now I find myself muttering it under my breath, but of course nobody is listening to me nowadays. :doh:

auriga
28-01-2005, 09:12 AM
ha HA!!!! :owned: My old boss used to say to me (when I was a just young, hot-shot programmer) ... "I can still cut code you know!". :lol: Now I find myself muttering it under my breath, but of course nobody is listening to me nowadays. :doh:

i have to admit i'm not very good at programming or that young (unlike STML!)

but i'm very lazy which is the motivator for cutting a bit of compuer code.
unfortunately the code i write is done too quick and ends up very dodgy!! :(