PDA

View Full Version : Firegoat7

bobby1972
04-09-2021, 05:54 PM
Firegoat7 should not be banned from this forum, no one should be banned. its a free forum ,we all have different views that's what makes it interesting .

Kevin Bonham
04-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Firegoat7 should not be banned from this forum, no one should be banned. its a free forum ,we all have different views that's what makes it interesting .

Nobody is banned for their views.

firegoat initially left this forum voluntarily. He was later banned over his behaviour towards some of our members as moderator of another forum. When he resigned that position he was unbanned but it was made clear (http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?2494-Moderation-Rules-and-Decisions&p=326609&viewfull=1#post326609) that if he accepted such a position again and continued his previous behaviour he would be banned from here again.

I will not be lifting this ban for any reason ever, but other mods are free to do so anytime they wish.

I also mention that:

1. Firegoat has threatened me with violence over the internet and I have retained a copy of the entire conversation including the threats. He does not deserve to be tolerated on any internet forum as he is a potential threat to the safety of people who disagree with him.

2. It is impractical to never ban anyone from an internet forum. For instance we have had members whose main issues were that they persistently defamed or were abusive to other users. If such users are not banned then the mods are just endlessly having their time wasted cleaning up the mess.

Anyone who wants to start a chess forum where nobody is ever banned is welcome to start one and see how it goes.

Basil
06-09-2021, 09:59 PM
Nobody is banned for their views.

firegoat initially left this forum voluntarily. He was later banned over his behaviour towards some of our members as moderator of another forum. When he resigned that position he was unbanned but it was made clear (http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?2494-Moderation-Rules-and-Decisions&p=326609&viewfull=1#post326609) that if he accepted such a position again and continued his previous behaviour he would be banned from here again.

I will not be lifting this ban for any reason ever, but other mods are free to do so anytime they wish.

I also mention that:

1. Firegoat has threatened me with violence over the internet and I have retained a copy of the entire conversation including the threats. He does not deserve to be tolerated on any internet forum as he is a potential threat to the safety of people who disagree with him.

2. It is impractical to never ban anyone from an internet forum. For instance we have had members whose main issues were that they persistently defamed or were abusive to other users. If such users are not banned then the mods are just endlessly having their time wasted cleaning up the mess.

Anyone who wants to start a chess forum where nobody is ever banned is welcome to start one and see how it goes.

That should be clear enough for even the lightest of weights and the flimsiest of flips.

Bobby, we all good now?

Ian Murray
08-09-2021, 06:04 PM
loreias was so far out there he had looped back to the starting point. I was starting to enjoy his leaps of faith, or leaps of something.