PDA

View Full Version : Vega - Changing a result from a previous round

Andrew Hardegen
06-05-2021, 01:17 PM
We have a junior Allegro tournament with around 70 players. The results for Round 1 are entered, and Round 2 begins. Several of the Round 2 games finish quickly and the results are entered, while many of the games are still being played out.

At this point, two players who met in Round 1 come up to the arbiter and advise that the result of their Round 1 game was entered incorrectly. The arbiter goes back to Round 1 in Round Manager and tries to change the result but gets the message "You cannot modify the result of a previous round. First insert the results of the current round"

So it appears the arbiter first needs to enter all of the remaining Round 2 results, and then once it is permitted to change the Round 1 results, they must remember to go back and make the change before they pair Round 3. If they forget to make the change there and then, they have to wait until the end of Round 3.

Is there a workaround in Vega that enables the arbiter to change an earlier result immediately?

Bill Gletsos
06-05-2021, 02:23 PM
We have a junior Allegro tournament with around 70 players. The results for Round 1 are entered, and Round 2 begins. Several of the Round 2 games finish quickly and the results are entered, while many of the games are still being played out.

At this point, two players who met in Round 1 come up to the arbiter and advise that the result of their Round 1 game was entered incorrectly. The arbiter goes back to Round 1 in Round Manager and tries to change the result but gets the message "You cannot modify the result of a previous round. First insert the results of the current round"

So it appears the arbiter first needs to enter all of the remaining Round 2 results, and then once it is permitted to change the Round 1 results, they must remember to go back and make the change before they pair Round 3. If they forget to make the change there and then, they have to wait until the end of Round 3.

Is there a workaround in Vega that enables the arbiter to change an earlier result immediately?Yes, mark all the remaining games in round 2 as "adj" then you can go back to round 1 and change the incorrect result.

Andrew Hardegen
06-05-2021, 06:05 PM
Excellent. Thanks, Bill.

forlano
18-06-2021, 05:50 PM

Is there a workaround in Vega that enables the arbiter to change an earlier result immediately?

Hello,

I have read it just now.
Bill already gave you the correct solution.
Regarding the "must remember" part I know how easily one can forget it. For this reason in "Extra/Set memo message" you can enter whatever you want and the program will prompt you that note before to do the pairing of a given round.

Best regards
Luigi

Andrew Hardegen
19-06-2021, 03:18 PM
Hello,

I have read it just now.
Bill already gave you the correct solution.
Regarding the "must remember" part I know how easily one can forget it. For this reason in "Extra/Set memo message" you can enter whatever you want and the program will prompt you that note before to do the pairing of a given round.

Best regards
Luigi

Hello Luigi. Thank you, I have just tried this function and it is useful. It can also be used in the case of late entries, to remind the arbiter to regenerate the pairing numbers prior to calculating the next round pairing.