PDA

View Full Version : Is Magnus Carlsen the reincarnation of Wilhelm Steinitz?

Dimi66
23-02-2021, 12:16 AM
The physignomical features (nose, ears, forehead, lower lip, cheeks and hairline) are of striking resemblance.

Both have had a huge impact on chess. Steinitz introduced science into chess and Carlsen made it popular as sport and art. But also their characters are matching: Wilhelm Steinitz was physically handicapped by a clubfoot. It is therefore highly probable that he was an outsider as a youngster, often bullied by his peers. Magnus Carlsen is also revealing in his autobiographic documentary "Magnus" (2016) his hard time when being bullied by his school mates which made him cry often. However, this pressure and disappointment during childhood and adolescence seems to be the prerequisite for an exceptional will to conquer which is again mandatory to reach the very top in a specific field. Both the Mahabote horoscope of Wilhelm Steinitz and the Mahabote horoscope of Magnus Carlsen have Thursday as the corresponding day of the week of their birthday (Thursday corresponds to Jupiter) as well as Mars as the planet of the seven year-cycle!

https://auf-zur-mitte.blogspot.com/2021/02/is-magnus-carlsen-reincarnation-of.html

MichaelBaron
23-02-2021, 12:45 AM
Not the chess style-wise :).

machomortensen
23-02-2021, 02:16 AM
I think that Magnus was more bullied by his dominant sisters than his class mates ...

I don't think Steinitz the kid was bullied either due to his foot. It was an another mentality at that time.

ER
23-02-2021, 03:27 AM
Physiognomy (for many a charlatanry) cannot be trusted to establish similarities between or amongst chess personalities.

antichrist
23-02-2021, 06:05 AM
I think that Magnus was more bullied by his dominant sisters than his class mates ...

I don't think Steinitz the kid was bullied either due to his foot. It was an another mentality at that time.
If that was the case than it was great that he made them eat their offal. And their God could not even give him queen odds with white.