PDA

View Full Version : 2020 MCC Hjorth Online Classic (30 Oct - 3 Nov)

Thai Ly
22-09-2020, 01:34 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Classic
(Friday October 30th – Tuesday November 3rd)

http://www.melbournechessclub.org/events/2020/greg-hjorth-online-classic

CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE (http://www.melbournechessclub.org/events/2020/greg-hjorth-online-classic)

This year due to CoVid-19 restrictions in Melbourne, MCC has decided to hold an online event in Greg Hjorth’s memory instead of the usual over-the-board (OTB) tournament.

The event will comprise 2 tournaments: (1) An invitational tournament for around 20 elite players, and (2) an open tournament for all other players.

MCC thanks the Hjorth family for their continued support of this year’s event in difficult circumstances.

Register: https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/2020-mcc-greg-hjorth-online-classic

Location: Online play using Tornelo (https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/2020-mcc-greg-hjorth-online-classic)

Format: 9 round Swiss

All games to be played online via Tornelo website. Zoom to be used for arbiter identification and interaction. Any player who does not have a current Tornelo profile will have a new Tornelo profile created.

Time Control: 60 minutes + 10 seconds per move.

Forfeit time: Players are required to be logged into their Tornelo board within 30 minutes of scheduled start time in order to avoid being forfeited.

Timetable:
(NOTE: All times are set to Melbourne, VIC time)

Entries close (Invitational tournament): Thu 29th Oct, 11.59 pm
Entries close (Open tournament): Fri 30th Oct, 6.50 pm
Round 1: Fri 30th Oct, 7.00pm
Round 2: Sat 31st Oct, 1.00pm
Round 3: Sat 31st Oct, 4.00pm
Round 4: Sat 31st Oct, 7.00pm
Round 5: Sun 1st Nov, 1.00pm
Round 6: Sun 1st Nov, 4.00pm
Round 7: Sun 1st Nov, 7.00pm
Round 8: Mon 2nd Nov, 7.00pm
Round 9: Tue 3rd Nov, 7.00pm

Entry Fee:

Invitational tournament

Free entry for all accepted players

Open tournament

$20 for MCC Member or MCC Online Discount Pass Holder.
$40 for Non-MCC Member.
Free entry for GM/WGM, IM/WIM, and FM/WFM players.

Late entries may be accepted at the arbiters’ discretion up to the start of round 3.
Refunds are available if withdrawal is notified 24 hours before round 1 of the tournament.

Byes: Up to two half point byes for rounds 1-7 may be taken if approved by an arbiter.

Results/Pairings: Pairings and results will be posted on Chess Chat tournament discussion as well as in Tornelo. Played games and games in progress can be observed in Tornelo.

Invitational tournament
Pairings will be made on the basis of current FIDE classical ratings.

Open tournament
To Be Determined.

Prizes:

Invitational tournament
1st - $600
2nd - $400
3rd - $250
4th - $150

Open tournament
1st - $400
2nd - $300
3rd - $200
4th - $150
Rating Prizes – 1st - $150, 2nd - $75
There shall be a rating group for approximately every 15 players. Rating groups will be announced during the tournament.

How to Register: Please refer to MCC Website (link at top) for further details.

MCC Code of Conduct and anti-online cheating: Please refer to MCC Website (link at top) for further details.

Further Questions: Contact melbchessclub@gmail.com or

Organiser: Thai Ly (0421 912 296, melbchessclub@gmail.com) or

Co-Arbiters: Alexej Khamatgaleev (0426 731 726, lehak10@hotmail.com) and Peter Tsai (0419 324 870, chess@t-s-a-i.com))

MichaelBaron
22-09-2020, 10:43 PM
truly tempting opportunity for me to return to ''slow'' chess after many years of absence! Good job, MCC to run it. I do not think I will be able to play as can not commit so much time to chess...but nevertheless feel tempted!

JackRodgers
23-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, looks like a great setup for an online event. I just had a few questions; will the tournament be ACF or FIDE rated and for the invitational, how would I go about applying to play in this? I'm 2100 FIDE (2200 ACF) and current NSW champ, not sure if my rating will be high enough to play the invitational. Looking forward to hopefully playing regardless, Jack.

Thai Ly
26-09-2020, 11:19 PM
Hey guys, looks like a great setup for an online event. I just had a few questions; will the tournament be ACF or FIDE rated and for the invitational, how would I go about applying to play in this? I'm 2100 FIDE (2200 ACF) and current NSW champ, not sure if my rating will be high enough to play the invitational. Looking forward to hopefully playing regardless, Jack.

Thanks Jack for your query.

In regard to the first question, the tournament will NOT be submitted for either ACF or FIDE rating. I have been advised that neither organisation currently accepts online played games for rating purposes.

In regard to the second question, MCC is in the process of drawing up a list of high rated players as the initial batch of invitees to the tournament and then sending each of these players an email formally inviting them to play. Almost everyone in this initial batch of invitees is a GM or IM. Once this initial batch of invitees has been done, we will look to a wider base of players as potential invitees.

I am happy for any high rated player to put their hand up to play in the invitational tournament as this will at least put them on MCC's radar for consideration. They can do so by sending me a message via email or SMS or even on Chesschat, as I will be checking this forum regularly between now and the start of the tournament.

Beat43210
27-09-2020, 07:06 PM
Looks interesting, I might give the open a shot. Depends on my final exam schedule which begins at the start of this tournament!

Thai Ly
07-10-2020, 09:42 PM
MCC is happy to confirm that three of Victoria and MCC's own best players have accepted places in the Hjorth Online Invitational Tournament.

The trio are current multiple MCC Champion IM James Morris, past MCC Champion IM Ari Dale, and 2019 Hjorth Open Champion WGM Julia Ryjanova.

They are all expected to provide stiff competition to the other Invitational players.

Thai Ly
08-10-2020, 03:03 PM
Just got confirmation that GM Daniel Fernandez has accepted his place to play in the Hjorth Invitational tournament.

List of current Invitational players
Daniel Fernandez (GM)
James Morris (IM)
Ari Dale (IM)
Julia Ryjanova (WGM)

scd
15-10-2020, 07:45 PM
The Hjorth will be played on Tornelo. If you have not used Tornelo as a playing platform here is a video to help familiarise.

https://youtu.be/sWl4c-K7-Hk

I hope you decide to play :)

hanngo
18-10-2020, 05:42 PM
MCC has decided to grant free entry for this week's Allegro for anybody who has entered into the Hjorth Open and wants to practice on Tornelo (select Hjorth practice category when registering):

https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbo...gro-online--30

scd
19-10-2020, 05:51 PM
To play in the Hjorth you will have to create an account on Tornelo to play the games and download Zoom so that you can share your screen and video. I have written a quick how to, which explains what you have to do.

http://www.melbournechessclub.org/how-to-setup-zoom-and-tornelo

Thai Ly
21-10-2020, 11:26 PM
MCC has been busy seeking further invitees to participate in the Invitational tournaments.

Below is a current list of players who accepted their invitations to play, a number of whom have played in recent MCC Saturday Allegros to familiarise themselves with Tornelo's interface:

Entries
GM Daniel Fernandez
GM Mouthun Ly [tentative]
IM James Morris
IM Trevor Tao [tentative]
IM Ari Dale
IM Irene Sukander
IM Stephen Solomon
WGM Julia Ryjanova

We hope to confirm more entries over the next few days, though it has been tricky as some players need to confirm availability given upcoming work arrangements and university exams.

Thai Ly
21-10-2020, 11:30 PM
As noted in the Chesschat thread for the MCC Saturday Online Allegro, anyone who has entered the Hjorth Online Classic will be able to play in the MCC Online Allegro that will be held this Saturday 24 October.

Below is the original message in the other thread:

MCC has decided to grant free entry for this week's Allegro for anybody who has entered into the Hjorth Open and wants to practice on Tornelo (select Hjorth practice category when registering):

https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/mcc-allegro-online--30

Lighty
22-10-2020, 04:16 AM
Presumably I can leave my computer at any point?

Edit: also at what point does the list of players update in Tornelo? Hasn't appeared to be updated for a few days...

MichaelBaron
22-10-2020, 10:34 AM

Edit: also at what point does the list of players update in Tornelo? Hasn't appeared to be updated for a few days...

I would think with slow chess, you can go to bathroom, walk around, take 10 min break from the board to do yoga etc and honesty system applies...or will everyone be playing on WebCam?

Lighty
22-10-2020, 01:31 PM
I would think with slow chess, you can go to bathroom, walk around, take 10 min break from the board to do yoga etc and honesty system applies...or will everyone be playing on WebCam?

Zoom facecam, along with screen sharing, will be used. Thing is I'm sort of used to getting up and walking around after a move, and also going out for 'fresh air'.

'

MichaelBaron
22-10-2020, 04:02 PM
Zoom facecam, along with screen sharing, will be used. Thing is I'm sort of used to getting up and walking around after a move, and also going out for 'fresh air'.

'

Hopefully, Arbiters/Organizers will confirm prior to the tournament.

Thai Ly
24-10-2020, 12:34 AM

Hi Lighty

Without prejudice to the forthcoming role of the arbiters, I expect that players will be permitted to be absent from their computers for such things as toilet breaks, stretching, "fresh air" (i.e. smoking breaks), getting snacks or beverages, etc.

Such absences from the board are permitted in OTB chess and I would not think it reasonable to place an outright ban on such absences from the computer in online events.

The extent to which the arbiters will permit such absences will be in their discretion. I am sure they will have more to say as the tournament nears.

Thai Ly
24-10-2020, 12:41 AM
Unfortunately, we have just been notified that GM Moulthun Ly cannot play due to being unavailable for some of the days of the event.

However, we are happy to note that several other players including up-and-coming FMs Albert Winkelman and Ray Yang have joined the field.

Entries
GM Daniel Fernandez
IM James Morris
IM Ari Dale
IM Irene Sukander
IM Stephen Solomon
WGM Julia Ryjanova
FM Albert Winkelman
FM Ray Yang
FM Dusan Stojic

Thai Ly
26-10-2020, 05:46 PM
I am pleased to announced to announce that both GM Justin Tan and young MCC-member FM David Cannon have both agreed to accept their places in the Greg Hjorth Online invitational tournament.

Justin join Daniel Fernandez as the GM cohort playing in the event.

Entries
GM Daniel Fernandez
GM Justin Tan
IM James Morris
IM Ari Dale
IM Irene Sukander
IM Stephen Solomon
WGM Julia Ryjanova
FM Albert Winkelman
FM Ray Yang
FM Dusan Stojic
FM David Cannon

Thai Ly
27-10-2020, 12:25 AM
A reminder that there will be no MCC Online Allegro this upcoming Saturday 31 October as is usually the case each year to avoid a conflict with the Hjorth event (A well-earned break for the Allegro organisers!).

From the MCC Online Allegro thread:

Please note that there will be no Allegro on the 31st of October due to the Hjorth Open.

We hope to see you at the Hjorth instead!

Hjorth Page here: http://www.melbournechessclub.org/events/2020/greg-hjorth-online-classic

ChessChat Thread: http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?18176-2020-MCC-Hjorth-Online-Classic-(30-Oct-3-Nov)

Thai Ly
27-10-2020, 12:32 AM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Classic

(...)

Results/Pairings: Pairings and results will be posted on Chess Chat tournament discussion as well as in Tornelo. Played games and games in progress can be observed in Tornelo.

Invitational tournament
Pairings will be made on the basis of current FIDE classical ratings.

Open tournament
To Be Determined.

I can confirm that for Open tournament, as well as for the Invitational tournament, current FIDE classical ratings will be used for determining pairings and rating groups (for the Open tournament).

Where a player in the Open tournament does not have a current FIDE rating, the arbiters may allocate a rating to that player derived from the (1) player's current ACF classical rating, (2) Tornelo rating, or (3) some other method of estimation (such as performance rating after a number of rounds play).

Thai Ly
27-10-2020, 12:44 AM
Just a reminder to all players (in both the invitational and open events) to observe the fair play policy which will be in effect for this tournament - this policy is set out below and can also be found at http://www.melbournechessclub.org/events/2020/greg-hjorth-online-classic

Fair Play

You are not permitted to use a computer engine, book (or other person) to assist you with your game play.
You must be in the Zoom room, have your video on and share your screen.
You are not permitted to watch streaming of your game while playing.
We ask you to refrain from public accusations of cheating as this undermines the tournament and arbiters authority. Suspicions should be brought privately to the arbiter or organiser so we can deal with it as per our policy.
It is up to the tournament arbiters and organisers to make fair-play decisions. Rather than being accused of cheating, your results won’t be accepted.
Tornelo has round-by-round analysis tools to help arbiters monitor fair play.
We may use independent tools to verify results before giving out any prizes.

As a matter of practice, we ask that players be in the Zoom room by the start time of each round.

HAHAHAHA
28-10-2020, 01:01 PM
I am pleased to announced to announce that both GM Justin Tan and young MCC-member FM David Cannon have both agreed to accept their places in the Greg Hjorth Online invitational tournament.

Justin join Daniel Fernandez as the GM cohort playing in the event.

Entries
GM Daniel Fernandez
GM Justin Tan
IM James Morris
IM Ari Dale
IM Irene Sukander
IM Stephen Solomon
WGM Julia Ryjanova
FM Albert Winkelman
FM Ray Yang
FM Dusan Stojic
FM David Cannon

Great to see ex-Melbourninans playing in a Melbourne event again and interstate/international players. good stuff
Was wondering if anyone will be streaming/commentating on these high calibre games??. THanks

HAHAHAHA
28-10-2020, 01:01 PM
What is the procedure (if there is one) for 1/2 bye requests? Thanks in advance.

Thai Ly
28-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Just a reminder that the Greg Hjorth Online Classic starts in under 2 days.

For those of you who have entered or intend to enter, but who have never played using the Tornelo interface before, you will need to create a Tornelo profile (in similar way one creates a profile for say chess.com or other online chess websites).

You can create a Tornelo profile for free by going to the profile creation webpage on Tornelo - https://tornelo.com/account/new - and signing up.

Below is an update list of entries for the invitational event.

Entries
GM Daniel Fernandez
GM Justin Tan
IM James Morris
IM Trevor Tao
IM Ari Dale
IM Irene Sukander
IM Stephen Solomon
WGM Julia Ryjanova
FM Albert Winkelman
FM Ray Yang
FM Dusan Stojic
FM David Cannon
FM Domgaoj Dragicevic
John Nemeth

You can also check out list of entries for the Open event at Tornelo registration page for the event - https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/2020-mcc-greg-hjorth-online-classic.

Scott Colliver
28-10-2020, 10:24 PM
Poor Albert Winkleman's tornelo rating must be very old because it is only 933.

It is very good to see this strong tournament happening. It will be great to follow.

Go Trevor, smash the Vics and everyone else.

Thai Ly
28-10-2020, 10:27 PM
What is the procedure (if there is one) for 1/2 bye requests? Thanks in advance.

To request a bye, you need to get arbiter's approval prior to the finalisation of pairings for the relevant round.

I would ask that you contact either Aleksei or Peter directly, and cc the MCC Gmail address and then wait for them to confirm their approval of the bye.

Below are the relevant contact details:

Organiser: Thai Ly (0421 912 296, melbchessclub@gmail.com) or

Co-Arbiters: Alexej Khamatgaleev (0426 731 726, lehak10@hotmail.com) and Peter Tsai (0419 324 870, chess@t-s-a-i.com)

Finally, please note that 1/2 point byes are not applicable for rounds 8 and 9.

Thai Ly
28-10-2020, 10:30 PM
Poor Albert Winkleman's tornelo rating must be very old because it is only 933.

It is very good to see this strong tournament happening. It will be great to follow.

Go Trevor, smash the Vics and everyone else.

Yes, we are aware of the issue concerning Albert's rating and old profile - Don't worry, his FIDE rating of 2294 will be used for pairing purposes (as will the FIDE ratings of all other players).

Lekko
29-10-2020, 09:08 PM
Great to see ex-Melbourninans playing in a Melbourne event again and interstate/international players. good stuff
Was wondering if anyone will be streaming/commentating on these high calibre games??. THanks

I'm considering doing it on https://twitch.tv/degenchess

Kai
30-10-2020, 12:53 PM
Is there a link to watch the live games? (and can I watch without having a tornelo account?)

Thai Ly
30-10-2020, 01:09 PM
Is there a link to watch the live games? (and can I watch without having a tornelo account?)

Hi Kai

Once the games starts, there will be live broadcast of them through the Tornelo website.

I will post a link when the games start. You do not need a Tornelo account to view the broadcast.

Thai Ly
30-10-2020, 01:14 PM
The final field of the Invitational tournament has been set, with the field augmented by NSW players Jack Rodgers and Bahman Kargosha joining and Vic player and coach Carl Gorka being upgraded from the Open tournament.

Unfortunately, IM Stephen Solomon has had to withdraw at the last minute.

Below is the invitational field:

Entries
GM Daniel Fernandez
GM Justin Tan
IM James Morris
IM Trevor Tao
IM Ari Dale
IM Irene Sukander
WGM Julia Ryjanova
FM Albert Winkelman
FM Ray Yang
FM Dusan Stojic
FM David Cannon
FM Domgaoj Dragicevic
John Nemeth
Carl Gorka
Jack Rodgers
Bahman Kargosha

The current entries in the Open tournament can be seen at the Tornelo page for the event: https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/2020-mcc-greg-hjorth-online-classic.

Thai Ly
30-10-2020, 01:19 PM
To all players new to the Tornelo play interface.

MCC's Simon Dale will be opening up a practice tournament lobby at around 5 pm Melbourne time today, so that anyone who is unfamiliar with the Tornelo interface can test how it functions in terms of registering and playing in the interface.

The URL for this practice event is https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/hjorth-practice-event/lobby.

Please note that all players need a Tornelo profile to register and play in the Tornelo interface. If you have not set up this profile, you can do so for free at https://tornelo.com/account/new.

b.nancarrow
30-10-2020, 04:46 PM
To all players new to the Tornelo play interface.

MCC's Simon Dale will be opening up a practice tournament lobby at around 5 pm Melbourne time today, so that anyone who is unfamiliar with the Tornelo interface can test how it functions in terms of registering and playing in the interface.

The URL for this practice event is https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/hjorth-practice-event/lobby.

Please note that all players need a Tornelo profile to register and play in the Tornelo interface. If you have not set up this profile, you can do so for free at https://tornelo.com/account/new.

Is the practice tournament going ahead, i can't see any games?

Peter Tsai
30-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Round 1 will commence at 7 pm tonight

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 1, at 7pm of 30/10/2020

================================================== =================================
1 = Tan,Justin ( 0.0) - Winkelman,Albert ( 0.0) = 1 - 8 = ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 = Stojic,Dusan ( 0.0) - Morris,James ( 0.0) = 9 - 2 = ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 0.0) - Yang,Ray ( 0.0) = 3 - 10 = ...
4 = Nemeth,John ( 0.0) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 0.0) = 11 - 4 = ...
5 = Tao,Trevor ( 0.0) - Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 0.0) = 5 - 12 = ...
6 = Gorka,Carl ( 0.0) - Dale,Ari ( 0.0) = 14 - 6 = ...
7 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 0.0) - Rodgers,Jack ( 0.0) = 7 - 15 = ...
8 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 16 - 0 = 1
9 = Cannon,David ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 13 - 0 = ˝

Thai Ly
30-10-2020, 05:30 PM
Is the practice tournament going ahead, i can't see any games?
Not sure that there will be any practice games - it was more to allow familiarisation with the layout of Tornelo for new users.

b.nancarrow
30-10-2020, 05:39 PM
Not sure that there will be any practice games - it was more to allow familiarisation with the layout of Tornelo for new users.

Aha thank you i see.

Thai Ly
30-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Games are now viewable through the Tornelo lobby - https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/2020-mcc-greg-hjorth-online-classic/lobby.

Click "Round 1" of either the Invitational or Open tournament and view the game you wish to see.

Peter Tsai
30-10-2020, 09:58 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 1, at 7pm of 30/10/2020

================================================== =================================
1 = Tan,Justin ( 0.0) - Winkelman,Albert ( 0.0) = 1 - 8 = 1 - 0
2 = Stojic,Dusan ( 0.0) - Morris,James ( 0.0) = 9 - 2 = 0 - 1
3 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 0.0) - Yang,Ray ( 0.0) = 3 - 10 = 1 - 0
4 = Nemeth,John ( 0.0) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 0.0) = 11 - 4 = 0 - 1
5 = Tao,Trevor ( 0.0) - Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 0.0) = 5 - 12 = 1 - 0
6 = Gorka,Carl ( 0.0) - Dale,Ari ( 0.0) = 14 - 6 = 0 - 1
7 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 0.0) - Rodgers,Jack ( 0.0) = 7 - 15 = 0 - 1
8 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 16 - 0 = 1
9 = Cannon,David ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 13 - 0 = ˝

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 1, at 7pm of 30/10/2020

1 = Kalina,Leo ( 0.0) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 0.0) = 23 - 2 = 0 - 1
2 = Bayaca,Sterling ( 0.0) - Embuido,Miguel ( 0.0) = 3 - 24 = 1 - 0
3 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 0.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 0.0) = 25 - 4 = 0 - 1
4 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 0.0) - Athuai,Deng ( 0.0) = 5 - 26 = 1 - 0
5 = Chang,Sophie ( 0.0) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 0.0) = 27 - 6 = 1 - 0
6 = Wang,Kayson ( 0.0) - Singh,Surjeet ( 0.0) = 7 - 28 = 1 - 0
7 = Brown,Greg ( 0.0) - Yan,Emerson ( 0.0) = 29 - 8 = 0 - 1
8 = Testolin,Ryder ( 0.0) - Wildes,John ( 0.0) = 9 - 30 = 1 - 0
9 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 0.0) - Savige,Colin B ( 0.0) = 31 - 11 = 0 - 1
10 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 0.0) - Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 0.0) = 12 - 32 = 0 - 1
11 = Akok,Benjamin ( 0.0) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 0.0) = 34 - 13 = 0 - 1
12 = Lee,Lachlan ( 0.0) - Kodati,Jathin ( 0.0) = 14 - 35 = 1 - 0
13 = Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 0.0) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 0.0) = 36 - 15 = 0 - 1
14 = Li,Tedric ( 0.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 0.0) = 16 - 38 = 1 - 0
15 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 0.0) - Gao,James Lequan ( 0.0) = 39 - 17 = 1 - 0
16 = Van Sebille,Sulia ( 0.0) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 0.0) = 18 - 40 = 0 - 1
17 = Kumar,Kavin ( 0.0) - Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 0.0) = 41 - 19 = 0 - 1
18 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 0.0) - Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) = 20 - 42 = 1 - 0
19 = Su,Aaron ( 0.0) - Anton,Sarah ( 0.0) = 44 - 21 = 0 - 1
20 = Pearl,Oliver ( 0.0) - Ye,Daniel ( 0.0) = 22 - 46 = 1 - 0
21 = Tolentino,Rustum ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 1 - 0 = 0
22 = Lu,Lillian ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 10 - 0 = ˝
23 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 33 - 0 = ˝
24 = Prakash,Niraj ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 37 - 0 = 0
25 = Wickramadara,Tarron ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 43 - 0 = 0
26 = Piel,Jaymiel ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 45 - 0 = 0
27 = Harris,Anthony ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 47 - 0 = ˝
28 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 48 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
30-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 2, at 1pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Dale,Ari ( 1.0) - Tan,Justin ( 1.0) = 6 - 1 = ...
2 = Morris,James ( 1.0) - Tao,Trevor ( 1.0) = 2 - 5 = ...
3 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 1.0) - Fernandez,Daniel How ( 1.0) = 16 - 3 = ...
4 = Rodgers,Jack ( 1.0) - Cannon,David ( 0.5) = 15 - 13 = ...
5 = Yang,Ray ( 0.0) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 0.0) = 10 - 7 = ...
6 = Winkelman,Albert ( 0.0) - Nemeth,John ( 0.0) = 8 - 11 = ...
7 = Gorka,Carl ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 14 - 0 = 1
8 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 1.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 4 - 0 = ˝
9 = Stojic,Dusan ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 9 - 0 = ˝
10 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 12 - 0 = ˝

Open - Provisional Pairings
May change if there are late entries

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 2, at 1pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Anadkat,Kartavya ( 1.0) - Li,Tedric ( 1.0) = 2 - 17 = ...
2 = Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 1.0) - Bayaca,Sterling ( 1.0) = 16 - 3 = ...
3 = Poh,Ethan ( 1.0) - Gao,Daniel Danning ( 1.0) = 4 - 21 = ...
4 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 1.0) - Ilic,Nicholas ( 1.0) = 20 - 5 = ...
5 = Anton,Sarah ( 1.0) - Wang,Kayson ( 1.0) = 22 - 7 = ...
6 = Yan,Emerson ( 1.0) - Pearl,Oliver ( 1.0) = 8 - 23 = ...
7 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 1.0) - Testolin,Ryder ( 1.0) = 33 - 9 = ...
8 = Savige,Colin B ( 1.0) - Chang,Sophie ( 1.0) = 11 - 28 = ...
9 = Teo,Hong Ming ( 1.0) - Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 1.0) = 13 - 40 = ...
10 = Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 1.0) - Lee,Lachlan ( 1.0) = 41 - 15 = ...
11 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 0.5) - Lu,Lillian ( 0.5) = 34 - 10 = ...
12 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) - Harris,Anthony ( 0.5) = 45 - 14 = ...
13 = Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 0.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 0.0) = 6 - 32 = ...
14 = Wildes,John ( 0.0) - Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 0.0) = 31 - 12 = ...
15 = Gao,James Lequan ( 0.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 0.0) = 18 - 35 = ...
16 = Kodati,Jathin ( 0.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 0.0) = 36 - 19 = ...
17 = Vuong,Vinh ( 0.0) - Kalina,Leo ( 0.0) = 39 - 24 = ...
18 = Embuido,Miguel ( 0.0) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 0.0) = 25 - 37 = ...
19 = Athuai,Deng ( 0.0) - Kumar,Kavin ( 0.0) = 27 - 42 = ...
20 = Singh,Surjeet ( 0.0) - Su,Aaron ( 0.0) = 29 - 46 = ...
21 = Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) - Brown,Greg ( 0.0) = 43 - 30 = ...
22 = Ye,Daniel ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 48 - 0 = 1
23 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 26 - 0 = ˝
24 = Tolentino,Rustum ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 1 - 0 = 0
25 = Prakash,Niraj ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 38 - 0 = 0
26 = Wickramadara,Tarron ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 44 - 0 = 0
27 = Piel,Jaymiel ( 0.0) - ( not paired ) ( 0.0) = 47 - 0 = 0

Thai Ly
30-10-2020, 10:37 PM
[Event "2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Classic - Invitational"]
[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "1.1"]
[White "Tan, Justin"]
[Black "Winkelman, Albert"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2496"]
[BlackElo "2294"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. 0-0 Be7 6. Re1 b5 7. Bb3 0-0 8. h3
d6 9. c3 Nb8 10. d4 Nb8d7 11. c4 exd4 12. Nxd4 Bb7 13. Nc3 Nc5 14. cxb5 axb5 15.
Bc2 b4 16. Nd5 Re8 17. Nxb4 Bxe4 18. Bxe4 Nf6xe4 19. Nbc6 Qd7 20. b4 Bh4 21. Be3
Na4 22. Qc2 Nb6 23. Nf3 Bf6 24. Bd4 Qf5 25. a4 Nd5 26. Rad1 Qg6 27. Bxf6 Nd5xf6
28. Rd4 Ng5 29. Rxe8+ Rxe8 30. Qxg6 Nxf3+ 31. gxf3 fxg6 32. b5 Re1+ 33. Kg2 Rb1
34. Rb4 Rxb4 35. Nxb4 Kf7 36. a5 Ke6 37. f4 Kd7 38. Kf3 Kc8 39. Ke3 Kb7 40. Kd4
h6 41. h4 Nd7 42. a6+ Ka7 43. Kd5 Kb6 44. Kc4 Ka7 45. Nc6+ Kb6 46. Ne7 Ka7 47.
Kd5 Nb6+ 48. Kc6 Kb8 49. Nd5 Na8 50. f3 h5 51. Nxc7 {#r} 1-0

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "1.2"]
[White "Stojic, Dusan"]
[Black "Morris, James"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2267"]
[BlackElo "2473"]

1. Nf3 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. g3 d5 4. Bg2 c6 5. b3 Nb8d7 6. Bb2 Be7 7. 0-0 0-0 8. d4
b6 9. Nb1d2 Bb7 10. Ne5 Nxe5 11. dxe5 Nd7 12. e4 Nc5 13. Qc2 d4 14. b4 Na6 15.
a3 c5 16. b5 Nb8 17. f4 Nd7 18. a4 a6 19. Ra2 Qc7 20. Rf1a1 Ra7 21. Nb1 Kh8 22.
bxa6 Rxa6 23. Na3 g5 24. Nb5 Qb8 25. Bc1 gxf4 26. gxf4 Rg8 27. Ra3 Ra8 28. Rg3
Rxg3 29. hxg3 Qg8 30. Ra3 Qg7 31. Bd2 Bc6 32. Qa2 Rg8 33. Be1 Qg6 34. Qe2 Qh6
35. a5 Bxb5 36. cxb5 c4 37. Rf3 d3 38. Qa2 Bc5+ 39. Bf2 Bxf2+ 40. Rxf2 c3 41.
axb6 d2 42. Rxd2 cxd2 43. Qxd2 Nxb6 44. Qd6 Nc8 45. Qc7 Qg6 46. f5 Qxg3 47. Qc2
Nb6 48. Qe2 Nc4 49. fxe6 fxe6 {#R} 0-1

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "1.3"]
[White "Fernandez, Daniel"]
[Black "Yang, Ray"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2466"]
[BlackElo "2249"]

1. Nf3 d5 2. c4 d4 3. b4 f6 4. d3 e5 5. Ba3 Na6 6. Qb3 c5 7. bxc5 Qa5+ 8. Nf3d2
Bxc5 9. g3 Rb8 10. Bg2 Ne7 11. Qb5+ Qxb5 12. cxb5 Nb4 13. 0-0 Bg4 14. Rc1 b6 15.
Ne4 Bxe2 16. Nxc5 bxc5 17. Rxc5 a5 18. bxa6e.p. Nxa6 19. Ra5 Bxd3 20. Nd2 Kf7
21. f4 exf4 22. Re1 Rhe8 23. Ne4 Bxe4 24. Bxe4 Nb4 25. Ra7 fxg3 26. hxg3 Kf8 27.
Bxh7 Nb4c6 28. Rd7 Kf7 29. Be4 Ne5 30. Bd5+ Kf8 31. Rc7 d3 32. Kg2 Rb2+ 33. Kh3
Rc2 34. Rxc2 dxc2 35. Rc1 Rc8 36. Bb3 Ra8 37. Bd6 Ke8 38. Rxc2 Kd7 39. Bxe5 fxe5
40. Kg4 Nc6 41. Bd5 Ra4+ 42. Rc4 Rxc4+ 43. Bxc4 Kd6 44. Kf5 Kc5 45. Bf1 Kd4 46.
g4 e4 47. g5 Ne7+ 48. Ke6 Nd5 49. a4 Ne3 50. Be2 Nd5 51. a5 Nf4+ 52. Kf7 Nxe2
53. a6 Nf4 54. a7 e3 55. a8=Q e2 56. Qa1+ Ke3 57. Qc1+ Kf3 58. g6 {#r} 1-0

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "1.4"]
[White "Nemeth, John"]
[Black "Kharisma Sukandar, Irine"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2198"]
[BlackElo "2413"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 g6 5. Nc3 Bg7 6. Be3 Nf6 7. Bc4 0-0 8.
Bb3 d6 9. h3 Qa5 10. 0-0 Bd7 11. f4 Nxd4 12. Bxd4 Bc6 13. Nd5 Bxd5 14. exd5 Rac8
15. Qe1 Qc7 16. Qe3 b6 17. Rae1 Rfe8 18. Ba4 Nxd5 19. Qe4 Bxd4+ 20. Qxd4 Qc5 21.
Qxc5 bxc5 22. Bxe8 Rxe8 23. Rf3 Nb4 24. Re2 Kf8 25. Ra3 Nc6 26. Rd2 Rc8 27. Kf2
Ke8 28. g4 Kd7 29. h4 Kc7 30. h5 Rb8 31. Rb3 Rg8 32. hxg6 hxg6 33. Rh3 g5 34.
fxg5 Rxg5 35. Kg3 Ne5 36. Rh4 Rg7 37. Rf2 d5 38. Kh3 f6 39. Rg2 Ng6 40. Rf2 Nxh4
41. Kxh4 Kd6 42. Kg3 Rg8 43. b3 Rh8 44. Rf1 d4 45. Kg2 Rg8 46. Kg3 Rg5 47. Rf2
Re5 48. a4 Re3+ 49. Kf4 Ke6 50. Rh2 Kf7 51. g5 fxg5+ 52. Kxg5 c4 53. bxc4 Rc3
54. Kf5 Rxc4 55. Rh7+ Ke8 56. Ke6 Rc6+ 57. Kd5 Rxc2 58. Kxd4 Ra2 59. Rh8+ Kd7
60. Ra8 Rxa4+ 61. Ke5 Ra5+ 62. Ke4 Ke6 63. Rh8 Ra4+ 64. Ke3 Kd5 65. Rd8+ Ke5 66.
Rb8 Ra3+ 67. Ke2 a5 68. Rb6 Kd5 69. Rb5+ Kd4 70. Rb2 e5 71. Rd2+ Ke4 72. Rc2 Kf4
73. Rb2 a4 74. Kf2 Rb3 75. Rc2 a3 76. Kf1 Rb1+ {#R} 0-1

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "1.5"]
[White "Tao, Trevor"]
[Black "Dragicevic, Domagoj"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2366"]
[BlackElo "2172"]

1. Nf3 c5 2. b3 d6 3. e3 e5 4. d4 cxd4 5. exd4 e4 6. Nf3d2 d5 7. Bb5+ Nc6 8. 0-0
Qb6 9. c4 Nf6 10. Nc3 Bb4 11. Bb2 Bxc3 12. Bxc3 0-0 13. a4 Bg4 14. c5 Bxd1 15.
cxb6 Bg4 16. h3 Be6 17. Bxc6 bxc6 18. bxa7 Rxa7 19. Bb4 Rb8 20. Bd6 Rd8 21. Bg3
Rd8a8 22. Rfc1 Bd7 23. Bd6 Ne8 24. Be5 f6 25. Bh2 Kf7 26. Rc3 g6 27. f3 exf3 28.
Nxf3 Ng7 29. Rf1 Kg8 30. Re1 Ne6 31. Bd6 Kf7 32. g4 g5 33. Kf2 h5 34. Kg3 hxg4
35. hxg4 Rh8 36. Rc3c1 Ra7a8 37. Rh1 Rxh1 38. Rxh1 Kg7 39. Ra1 Bc8 40. Rc1 Bb7
41. Kf2 Rd8 42. Bg3 Re8 43. Re1 Kf7 44. Bd6 Bc8 45. a5 Ba6 46. Re3 Rd8 47. Bg3
c5 48. Rc3 c4 49. b4 Rd7 50. Rc1 Nd8 51. Rb1 Bb5 52. Ng1 Nc6 53. Ne2 c3 54. Nxc3
Bc4 55. a6 Nxd4 56. b5 Ra7 57. Bb8 {#r} 1-0

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "1.6"]
[White "Gorka, Carl"]
[Black "Dale, Ari"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2100"]
[BlackElo "2351"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. f3 Nc6 4. e4 e5 5. d5 Nd4 6. Ne2 Bc5 7. Nb1c3 Nh5 8. Nxd4
Bxd4 9. g3 d6 10. Bd3 Bh3 11. Qe2 0-0 12. Be3 f5 13. 0-0-0 Bxc3 14. bxc3 c6 15.
exf5 Bxf5 16. Bxf5 Rxf5 17. Rhf1 Qa5 18. Qd2 Rf7 19. Kb1 c5 20. Ka1 Nf6 21. Rb1
Qa6 22. Qd3 Re8 23. Bg5 Nd7 24. Rfe1 Re8f8 25. f4 Nb6 26. Re4 Nd7 27. Re2 Kg7
28. Qd2 Nb6 29. fxe5 Nxc4 30. Bh6+ Kg8 31. Qe1 Nxe5 32. Bxf8 Rxf8 33. Rxe5 dxe5
34. Qxe5 b5 35. Re1 Qf6 36. Qxf6 Rxf6 37. Re7 Rf7 38. Re8+ Kg7 39. Rc8 c4 40. d6
Kf6 41. Rc7 Ke6 42. Kb2 Rxc7 43. dxc7 Kd7 44. a4 Kxc7 45. Ka3 Kb6 46. axb5 Kxb5
47. Ka2 h5 48. Kb2 g5 49. Ka2 g4 50. Kb2 Kc5 51. Ka3 Kd5 52. Kb4 a6 53. Ka5 Ke4
54. Kb4 Kd3 {#R} 0-1

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "1.7"]
[White "Ryjanova, Julia"]
[Black "Rodgers, Jack"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2299"]
[BlackElo "2100"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 c5 3. d5 e5 4. Nc3 d6 5. e4 Be7 6. Be2 Nb8d7 7. h3 Nf8 8. Be3
Ng6 9. g3 h5 10. Qd2 h4 11. 0-0-0 a6 12. Kb1 Bd7 13. g4 Rb8 14. f4 exf4 15. Bxf4
b5 16. Rf1 b4 17. Nd1 Nxe4 18. Qe3 Nxf4 19. Qxf4 Ng5 20. Nf3 Nxf3 21. Qxf3 0-0
22. Bd3 Bg5 23. Nf2 Qf6 24. Ne4 Qe5 25. Re1 Rbe8 26. Rhf1 Re7 27. Re2 Rf8e8 28.
Nxc5 Qg3 29. Rxe7 Rxe7 30. Nxd7 Qxf3 31. Rxf3 Rxd7 32. Rf2 a5 33. Re2 Kf8 34.
Bc2 Re7 35. Be4 Bf4 36. Kc2 a4 37. b3 a3 38. Kd3 Be5 39. Bg2 g6 40. Be4 Kg7 41.
Rf2 f6 42. Re2 Rc7 43. Rf2 Kh6 44. Rf1 Kg5 45. Rf2 Re7 46. Rf1 Rf7 47. Rg1 Bg3
48. Rf1 f5 49. gxf5 gxf5 50. Bg2 Re7 51. Bf3 Bf4 52. Rg1+ Kf6 53. Rf1 Re3+ 54.
Kc2 Rc3+ 55. Kb1 Ke5 56. Bg2 Be3 57. Bf3 Rd3 58. Bd1 f4 59. Bf3 Rd2 60. Rd1 Rb2+
61. Ka1 Bd4 {#T} 0-1

Peter Tsai
31-10-2020, 02:54 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 2, at 1pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Dale,Ari ( 1.0) - Tan,Justin ( 1.0) = 6 - 1 = 1 - 0
2 = Morris,James ( 1.0) - Tao,Trevor ( 1.0) = 2 - 5 = ˝ - ˝
3 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 1.0) - Fernandez,Daniel How ( 1.0) = 16 - 3 = 0 - 1
4 = Rodgers,Jack ( 1.0) - Cannon,David ( 0.5) = 15 - 13 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Yang,Ray ( 0.0) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 0.0) = 10 - 7 = 0 - 1
6 = Winkelman,Albert ( 0.0) - Nemeth,John ( 0.0) = 8 - 11 = 1 - 0
7 = Gorka,Carl ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 14 - 0 = 1
8 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 1.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 4 - 0 = ˝
9 = Stojic,Dusan ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 9 - 0 = ˝
10 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 12 - 0 = ˝

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 2, at 1pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Anadkat,Kartavya ( 1.0) - Li,Tedric ( 1.0) = 2 - 17 = 1 - 0
2 = Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 1.0) - Bayaca,Sterling ( 1.0) = 16 - 3 = 0 - 1
3 = Poh,Ethan ( 1.0) - Gao,Daniel Danning ( 1.0) = 4 - 21 = 1 - 0
4 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 1.0) - Ilic,Nicholas ( 1.0) = 20 - 5 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Anton,Sarah ( 1.0) - Wang,Kayson ( 1.0) = 22 - 7 = ˝ - ˝
6 = Yan,Emerson ( 1.0) - Pearl,Oliver ( 1.0) = 8 - 23 = 1 - 0
7 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 1.0) - Testolin,Ryder ( 1.0) = 33 - 9 = ˝ - ˝
8 = Savige,Colin B ( 1.0) - Chang,Sophie ( 1.0) = 11 - 28 = 0 - 1
9 = Teo,Hong Ming ( 1.0) - Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 1.0) = 13 - 40 = 1 - 0
10 = Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 1.0) - Lee,Lachlan ( 1.0) = 41 - 15 = 1 - 0
11 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 0.5) - Lu,Lillian ( 0.5) = 34 - 10 = 0 - 1
12 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) - Harris,Anthony ( 0.5) = 45 - 14 = 0 - 1
13 = Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 0.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 0.0) = 6 - 32 = 1 - 0
14 = Wildes,John ( 0.0) - Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 0.0) = 31 - 12 = 0 - 1
15 = Gao,James Lequan ( 0.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 0.0) = 18 - 35 = 1 - 0
16 = Kodati,Jathin ( 0.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 0.0) = 36 - 19 = 0F-1F
17 = Vuong,Vinh ( 0.0) - Kalina,Leo ( 0.0) = 39 - 24 = 1 - 0
18 = Embuido,Miguel ( 0.0) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 0.0) = 25 - 37 = 1 - 0
19 = Athuai,Deng ( 0.0) - Kumar,Kavin ( 0.0) = 27 - 42 = 1 - 0
20 = Singh,Surjeet ( 0.0) - Su,Aaron ( 0.0) = 29 - 46 = 1 - 0
21 = Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) - Brown,Greg ( 0.0) = 43 - 30 = 0 - 1
22 = Ye,Daniel ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 48 - 0 = 1
23 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 26 - 0 = ˝

MichaelBaron
31-10-2020, 02:55 PM
GMs are getting some competition!

Peter Tsai
31-10-2020, 02:56 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 3, at 4pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 2.0) - Dale,Ari ( 2.0) = 3 - 6 = ...
2 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 1.5) - Morris,James ( 1.5) = 4 - 2 = ...
3 = Tao,Trevor ( 1.5) - Rodgers,Jack ( 1.5) = 5 - 15 = ...
4 = Tan,Justin ( 1.0) - Gorka,Carl ( 1.0) = 1 - 14 = ...
5 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.0) - Kargosha,Bahman ( 1.0) = 7 - 16 = ...
6 = Cannon,David ( 1.0) - Winkelman,Albert ( 1.0) = 13 - 8 = ...
7 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 0.5) - Yang,Ray ( 0.0) = 12 - 10 = ...
8 = Stojic,Dusan ( 0.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 9 - 0 = ˝
9 = Nemeth,John ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 11 - 0 = ˝

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 3, at 4pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Yan,Emerson ( 2.0) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 2.0) = 8 - 2 = ...
2 = Bayaca,Sterling ( 2.0) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 2.0) = 3 - 13 = ...
3 = Chang,Sophie ( 2.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 2.0) = 28 - 4 = ...
4 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 1.5) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 2.0) = 5 - 41 = ...
5 = Wang,Kayson ( 1.5) - Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 1.5) = 7 - 20 = ...
6 = Lu,Lillian ( 1.5) - Anton,Sarah ( 1.5) = 10 - 22 = ...
7 = Harris,Anthony ( 1.5) - Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 1.5) = 14 - 33 = ...
8 = Testolin,Ryder ( 1.5) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 1.0) = 9 - 6 = ...
9 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 1.0) - Embuido,Miguel ( 1.0) = 12 - 25 = ...
10 = Lee,Lachlan ( 1.0) - Athuai,Deng ( 1.0) = 15 - 27 = ...
11 = Brown,Greg ( 1.0) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 1.0) = 30 - 16 = ...
12 = Li,Tedric ( 1.0) - Singh,Surjeet ( 1.0) = 17 - 29 = ...
13 = Ye,Daniel ( 1.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 1.0) = 48 - 19 = ...
14 = Pearl,Oliver ( 1.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 1.0) = 23 - 39 = ...
15 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 1.0) - Shawcross,Hartley ( 0.5) = 40 - 34 = ...
16 = Kalina,Leo ( 0.0) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 24 - 45 = ...
17 = Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 0.0) - Wildes,John ( 0.0) = 37 - 31 = ...
18 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 0.0) - Kumar,Kavin ( 0.0) = 32 - 42 = ...
19 = Akok,Benjamin ( 0.0) - Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) = 35 - 43 = ...
20 = Kodati,Jathin ( 0.0) - Su,Aaron ( 0.0) = 36 - 46 = ...
21 = Gao,James Lequan ( 1.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 18 - 0 = ˝
22 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 1.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 21 - 0 = ˝
23 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 0.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 26 - 0 = ˝

JackRodgers
31-10-2020, 02:57 PM

They haven't seen anything yet ;)!

HAHAHAHA
31-10-2020, 05:12 PM

one could be forgiven for thinking its a all GM event with all those draws ;)

Peter Tsai
31-10-2020, 05:45 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 3, at 4pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 2.0) - Dale,Ari ( 2.0) = 3 - 6 = 0 - 1
2 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 1.5) - Morris,James ( 1.5) = 4 - 2 = ˝ - ˝
3 = Tao,Trevor ( 1.5) - Rodgers,Jack ( 1.5) = 5 - 15 = ˝ - ˝
4 = Tan,Justin ( 1.0) - Gorka,Carl ( 1.0) = 1 - 14 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.0) - Kargosha,Bahman ( 1.0) = 7 - 16 = 0 - 1
6 = Cannon,David ( 1.0) - Winkelman,Albert ( 1.0) = 13 - 8 = ˝ - ˝
7 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 0.5) - Yang,Ray ( 0.0) = 12 - 10 = ˝ - ˝
8 = Stojic,Dusan ( 0.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 9 - 0 = ˝
9 = Nemeth,John ( 0.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 11 - 0 = ˝

Open

020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 3, at 4pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Yan,Emerson ( 2.0) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 2.0) = 8 - 2 = 0 - 1
2 = Bayaca,Sterling ( 2.0) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 2.0) = 3 - 13 = 0 - 1
3 = Chang,Sophie ( 2.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 2.0) = 28 - 4 = ˝ - ˝
4 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 1.5) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 2.0) = 5 - 41 = 1 - 0
5 = Wang,Kayson ( 1.5) - Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 1.5) = 7 - 20 = 1 - 0
6 = Lu,Lillian ( 1.5) - Anton,Sarah ( 1.5) = 10 - 22 = 1 - 0
7 = Harris,Anthony ( 1.5) - Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 1.5) = 14 - 33 = 1 - 0
8 = Testolin,Ryder ( 1.5) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 1.0) = 9 - 6 = 1 - 0
9 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 1.0) - Embuido,Miguel ( 1.0) = 12 - 25 = 0 - 1
10 = Lee,Lachlan ( 1.0) - Athuai,Deng ( 1.0) = 15 - 27 = 1 - 0
11 = Brown,Greg ( 1.0) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 1.0) = 30 - 16 = 1 - 0
12 = Li,Tedric ( 1.0) - Singh,Surjeet ( 1.0) = 17 - 29 = 1 - 0
13 = Ye,Daniel ( 1.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 1.0) = 48 - 19 = 0 - 1
14 = Pearl,Oliver ( 1.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 1.0) = 23 - 39 = 1 - 0
15 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 1.0) - Shawcross,Hartley ( 0.5) = 40 - 34 = 1 - 0
16 = Kalina,Leo ( 0.0) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 24 - 45 = 1 - 0
17 = Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 0.0) - Wildes,John ( 0.0) = 37 - 31 = 1 - 0
18 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 0.0) - Kumar,Kavin ( 0.0) = 32 - 42 = 0 - 1
19 = Akok,Benjamin ( 0.0) - Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) = 35 - 43 = 1 - 0
20 = Kodati,Jathin ( 0.0) - Su,Aaron ( 0.0) = 36 - 46 = 0 - 1
21 = Gao,James Lequan ( 1.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 18 - 0 = ˝
22 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 1.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 21 - 0 = ˝
23 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 0.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 26 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
31-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 4, at 7pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Dale,Ari ( 3.0) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 2.0) = 6 - 4 = ...
2 = Rodgers,Jack ( 2.0) - Fernandez,Daniel How ( 2.0) = 15 - 3 = ...
3 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 2.0) - Tao,Trevor ( 2.0) = 16 - 5 = ...
4 = Morris,James ( 2.0) - Tan,Justin ( 1.5) = 2 - 1 = ...
5 = Gorka,Carl ( 1.5) - Cannon,David ( 1.5) = 14 - 13 = ...
6 = Winkelman,Albert ( 1.5) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.0) = 8 - 7 = ...
7 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 1.0) - Stojic,Dusan ( 1.0) = 12 - 9 = ...
8 = Yang,Ray ( 0.5) - Nemeth,John ( 0.5) = 10 - 11 = ...

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 4, at 7pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Anadkat,Kartavya ( 3.0) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 3.0) = 2 - 13 = ...
2 = Poh,Ethan ( 2.5) - Testolin,Ryder ( 2.5) = 4 - 9 = ...
3 = Lu,Lillian ( 2.5) - Ilic,Nicholas ( 2.5) = 10 - 5 = ...
4 = Harris,Anthony ( 2.5) - Wang,Kayson ( 2.5) = 14 - 7 = ...
5 = Bayaca,Sterling ( 2.0) - Chang,Sophie ( 2.5) = 3 - 28 = ...
6 = Embuido,Miguel ( 2.0) - Yan,Emerson ( 2.0) = 25 - 8 = ...
7 = Pearl,Oliver ( 2.0) - Lee,Lachlan ( 2.0) = 23 - 15 = ...
8 = Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 2.0) - Li,Tedric ( 2.0) = 41 - 17 = ...
9 = Van Sebille,Sulia ( 2.0) - Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 2.0) = 19 - 40 = ...
10 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 1.5) - Brown,Greg ( 2.0) = 20 - 30 = ...
11 = Anton,Sarah ( 1.5) - Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 1.0) = 22 - 12 = ...
12 = Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 1.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 1.0) = 6 - 35 = ...
13 = Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 1.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 1.0) = 16 - 39 = ...
14 = Kumar,Kavin ( 1.0) - Kalina,Leo ( 1.0) = 42 - 24 = ...
15 = Su,Aaron ( 1.0) - Morrison,Jennifer ( 1.0) = 46 - 26 = ...
16 = Athuai,Deng ( 1.0) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 1.0) = 27 - 37 = ...
17 = Singh,Surjeet ( 1.0) - Ye,Daniel ( 1.0) = 29 - 48 = ...
18 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 0.5) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 34 - 45 = ...
19 = Wildes,John ( 0.0) - Kodati,Jathin ( 0.0) = 31 - 36 = ...
20 = Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 0.0) = 43 - 32 = ...
21 = Gao,James Lequan ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 18 - 0 = ˝
22 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 21 - 0 = ˝
23 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 33 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
31-10-2020, 08:56 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 4, at 7pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Dale,Ari ( 3.0) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 2.0) = 6 - 4 = 1 - 0
2 = Rodgers,Jack ( 2.0) - Fernandez,Daniel How ( 2.0) = 15 - 3 = 0 - 1
3 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 2.0) - Tao,Trevor ( 2.0) = 16 - 5 = 0 - 1
4 = Morris,James ( 2.0) - Tan,Justin ( 1.5) = 2 - 1 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Gorka,Carl ( 1.5) - Cannon,David ( 1.5) = 14 - 13 = 0 - 1
6 = Winkelman,Albert ( 1.5) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.0) = 8 - 7 = 1 - 0
7 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 1.0) - Stojic,Dusan ( 1.0) = 12 - 9 = ˝ - ˝
8 = Yang,Ray ( 0.5) - Nemeth,John ( 0.5) = 10 - 11 = 0 - 1

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 4, at 7pm of 31/10/2020

1 = Anadkat,Kartavya ( 3.0) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 3.0) = 2 - 13 = 0 - 1
2 = Poh,Ethan ( 2.5) - Testolin,Ryder ( 2.5) = 4 - 9 = ˝ - ˝
3 = Lu,Lillian ( 2.5) - Ilic,Nicholas ( 2.5) = 10 - 5 = 1 - 0
4 = Harris,Anthony ( 2.5) - Wang,Kayson ( 2.5) = 14 - 7 = 0 - 1
5 = Bayaca,Sterling ( 2.0) - Chang,Sophie ( 2.5) = 3 - 28 = 1 - 0
6 = Embuido,Miguel ( 2.0) - Yan,Emerson ( 2.0) = 25 - 8 = ˝ - ˝
7 = Pearl,Oliver ( 2.0) - Lee,Lachlan ( 2.0) = 23 - 15 = 0 - 1
8 = Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 2.0) - Li,Tedric ( 2.0) = 41 - 17 = 0 - 1
9 = Van Sebille,Sulia ( 2.0) - Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 2.0) = 19 - 40 = 0 - 1
10 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 1.5) - Brown,Greg ( 2.0) = 20 - 30 = 1 - 0
11 = Anton,Sarah ( 1.5) - Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 1.0) = 22 - 12 = 0 - 1
12 = Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 1.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 1.0) = 6 - 35 = 1 - 0
13 = Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 1.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 1.0) = 16 - 39 = 1 - 0
14 = Kumar,Kavin ( 1.0) - Kalina,Leo ( 1.0) = 42 - 24 = 0 - 1
15 = Su,Aaron ( 1.0) - Morrison,Jennifer ( 1.0) = 46 - 26 = 0 - 1
16 = Athuai,Deng ( 1.0) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 1.0) = 27 - 37 = ˝ - ˝
17 = Singh,Surjeet ( 1.0) - Ye,Daniel ( 1.0) = 29 - 48 = ˝ - ˝
18 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 0.5) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 34 - 45 = 1 - 0
19 = Wildes,John ( 0.0) - Kodati,Jathin ( 0.0) = 31 - 36 = 0 - 1
20 = Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 0.0) = 43 - 32 = 0 - 1
21 = Gao,James Lequan ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 18 - 0 = ˝
22 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 21 - 0 = ˝
23 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 33 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
31-10-2020, 08:58 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 5, at 1pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Tao,Trevor ( 3.0) - Dale,Ari ( 4.0) = 5 - 6 = ...
2 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 3.0) - Winkelman,Albert ( 2.5) = 3 - 8 = ...
3 = Cannon,David ( 2.5) - Morris,James ( 2.5) = 13 - 2 = ...
4 = Tan,Justin ( 2.0) - Rodgers,Jack ( 2.0) = 1 - 15 = ...
5 = Stojic,Dusan ( 1.5) - Kargosha,Bahman ( 2.0) = 9 - 16 = ...
6 = Nemeth,John ( 1.5) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.0) = 11 - 7 = ...
7 = Yang,Ray ( 0.5) - Gorka,Carl ( 1.5) = 10 - 14 = ...
8 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 2.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 4 - 0 = ˝
9 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 12 - 0 = ˝

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 5, at 1pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Teo,Hong Ming ( 4.0) - Wang,Kayson ( 3.5) = 13 - 7 = ...
2 = Testolin,Ryder ( 3.0) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 3.0) = 9 - 2 = ...
3 = Lee,Lachlan ( 3.0) - Bayaca,Sterling ( 3.0) = 15 - 3 = ...
4 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 3.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 3.0) = 40 - 4 = ...
5 = Li,Tedric ( 3.0) - Yan,Emerson ( 2.5) = 17 - 8 = ...
6 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 2.5) - Harris,Anthony ( 2.5) = 5 - 14 = ...
7 = Chang,Sophie ( 2.5) - Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 2.5) = 28 - 20 = ...
8 = Kalina,Leo ( 2.0) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 2.0) = 24 - 6 = ...
9 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 2.0) - Pearl,Oliver ( 2.0) = 12 - 23 = ...
10 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 2.0) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 2.0) = 26 - 16 = ...
11 = Brown,Greg ( 2.0) - Gao,James Lequan ( 2.0) = 30 - 18 = ...
12 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 2.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 2.0) = 33 - 19 = ...
13 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 2.0) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 2.0) = 21 - 41 = ...
14 = Anton,Sarah ( 1.5) - Shawcross,Hartley ( 1.5) = 22 - 34 = ...
15 = Ye,Daniel ( 1.5) - Athuai,Deng ( 1.5) = 48 - 27 = ...
16 = Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 1.5) - Singh,Surjeet ( 1.5) = 37 - 29 = ...
17 = Vuong,Vinh ( 1.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 1.0) = 39 - 32 = ...
18 = Akok,Benjamin ( 1.0) - Su,Aaron ( 1.0) = 35 - 46 = ...
19 = Kodati,Jathin ( 1.0) - Kumar,Kavin ( 1.0) = 36 - 42 = ...
20 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) - Wildes,John ( 0.0) = 45 - 31 = ...
21 = Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 43 - 0 = 1
22 = Lu,Lillian ( 3.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 10 - 0 = ˝
23 = Embuido,Miguel ( 2.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 25 - 0 = ˝

Scott Colliver
31-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Go Trevor, beat Ari

Peter Tsai
31-10-2020, 09:32 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open Rating Groups

OPEN
1 Anadkat,Kartavya 2170
2 Bayaca,Sterling 2053
3 Poh,Ethan 2009
4 Ilic,Nicholas 2000

RATING GROUP 1
5 Singgih.Diajeng Theresa 1972
6 Wang,Kayson 1919
7 Yan,Emerson 1906
8 Testolin,Ryder 1855
9 Lu,Lillian 1826
10 Savige,Colin B 1817
11 Poberezovsky,Daniel 1781
12 Teo,Hong Ming 1763
13 Harris,Anthony 1736
14 Lee,Lachlan 1699

RATING GROUP 2
15 Annapureddy,Rheyansh Reddy 1554
16 Li,Tedric 1530
17 Gao,James Lequan 1527
18 Van Sebille,Sulia 1500
19 Waadhwa,Ehsaas 1497
20 Gao,Daniel Danning 1486
21 Anton,Sarah 1467
22 Pearl,Oliver 1467
23 Kalina,Leo 1424
24 Embuido,Miguel 1411

RATING GROUP 3
25 Morrison,Jennifer 1405
26 Athuai,Deng 1400
27 Chang,Sophie 1390
28 Singh,Surjeet 1376
29 Brown,Greg 1327
30 Wildes,John 1305
31 Jenatsch,Daniel 1300
32 Keshtiar,Adeeb 1283
33 Shawcross,Hartley 1264
34 Akok,Benjamin 1200

RATING GROUP 4
35 Kodati,Jathin 1181
36 Cipreanu,Gabriel 1127
37 Vuong,Vinh 1078
38 Srinivasan,Arjun B 1063
39 Zhao,Tiger Chengxin 1054
40 Kumar,Kavin 977
41 Kwok,Emma 925
42 Ma,Yuqi 690
43 Su,Aaron 641
44 Ye,Daniel 0

Andy009
01-11-2020, 11:22 AM
Ari Dale is off to a flying start with 4/4. Hope he can maintain consistency and win. However there could still be change in lead with 5 more rounds to go.Julia being on 1/4 is a concern but hopefully things will get better for her

The open section has a few talents and hope that the best of them win!

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 01:26 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open Rating Groups - Score after round 4

OPEN Rating Score
Poh,Ethan 2009 3
Bayaca,Sterling 2053 3
Anadkat,Kartavya 2170 3
Ilic,Nicholas 2000 2.5

RATING GROUP 1 Rating Score
Teo,Hong Ming 1763 4
Wang,Kayson 1919 3.5
Lu,Lillian 1826 3.5
Testolin,Ryder 1855 3
Lee,Lachlan 1699 3
Yan,Emerson 1906 2.5
Harris,Anthony 1736 2.5
Singgih.Diajeng Theresa 1972 2
Poberezovsky,Daniel 1781 2
Savige,Colin B 1817 1
RATING GROUP 2 Rating Score
Li,Tedric 1530 3
Waadhwa,Ehsaas 1497 2.5
Embuido,Miguel 1411 2.5
Annapureddy,Rheyansh Redd 1554 2
Gao,James Lequan 1527 2
Van Sebille,Sulia 1500 2
Gao,Daniel Danning 1486 2
Pearl,Oliver 1467 2
Kalina,Leo 1424 2
Anton,Sarah 1467 1.5

RATING GROUP 3 Rating Score
Chang,Sophie 1390 2.5
Morrison,Jennifer 1405 2
Brown,Greg 1327 2
Keshtiar,Adeeb 1283 2
Athuai,Deng 1400 1.5
Singh,Surjeet 1376 1.5
Shawcross,Hartley 1264 1.5
Jenatsch,Daniel 1300 1
Akok,Benjamin 1200 1
Wildes,John 1305 0

RATING GROUP 4 Rating Score
Srinivasan,Arjun B 1063 3
Zhao,Tiger Chengxin 1054 2
Cipreanu,Gabriel 1127 1.5
Ye,Daniel 0 1.5
Kodati,Jathin 1181 1
Vuong,Vinh 1078 1
Kumar,Kavin 977 1
Su,Aaron 641 1
Ma,Yuqi 690 0.5
Kwok,Emma 925 0

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 5, at 1pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Tao,Trevor ( 3.0) - Dale,Ari ( 4.0) = 5 - 6 = ˝ - ˝
2 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 3.0) - Winkelman,Albert ( 2.5) = 3 - 8 = ˝ - ˝
3 = Cannon,David ( 2.5) - Morris,James ( 2.5) = 13 - 2 = 0 - 1
4 = Tan,Justin ( 2.0) - Rodgers,Jack ( 2.0) = 1 - 15 = 0 - 1
5 = Stojic,Dusan ( 1.5) - Kargosha,Bahman ( 2.0) = 9 - 16 = 0 - 1
6 = Nemeth,John ( 1.5) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.0) = 11 - 7 = ˝ - ˝
7 = Yang,Ray ( 0.5) - Gorka,Carl ( 1.5) = 10 - 14 = 1 - 0
8 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 2.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 4 - 0 = ˝
9 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 12 - 0 = ˝

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 5, at 1pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Teo,Hong Ming ( 4.0) - Wang,Kayson ( 3.5) = 13 - 7 = ˝ - ˝
2 = Testolin,Ryder ( 3.0) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 3.0) = 9 - 2 = 0 - 1
3 = Lee,Lachlan ( 3.0) - Bayaca,Sterling ( 3.0) = 15 - 3 = 1 - 0
4 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 3.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 3.0) = 40 - 4 = 0 - 1
5 = Li,Tedric ( 3.0) - Yan,Emerson ( 2.5) = 17 - 8 = 0 - 1
6 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 2.5) - Harris,Anthony ( 2.5) = 5 - 14 = 1 - 0
7 = Chang,Sophie ( 2.5) - Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 2.5) = 28 - 20 = 1 - 0
8 = Kalina,Leo ( 2.0) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 2.0) = 24 - 6 = 0 - 1
9 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 2.0) - Pearl,Oliver ( 2.0) = 12 - 23 = 1 - 0
10 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 2.0) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 2.0) = 26 - 16 = 0 - 1
11 = Brown,Greg ( 2.0) - Gao,James Lequan ( 2.0) = 30 - 18 = 1 - 0
12 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 2.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 2.0) = 33 - 19 = ˝ - ˝
13 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 2.0) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 2.0) = 21 - 41 = 1 - 0
14 = Anton,Sarah ( 1.5) - Shawcross,Hartley ( 1.5) = 22 - 34 = ˝ - ˝
15 = Ye,Daniel ( 1.5) - Athuai,Deng ( 1.5) = 48 - 27 = 0 - 1
16 = Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 1.5) - Singh,Surjeet ( 1.5) = 37 - 29 = 0 - 1
17 = Vuong,Vinh ( 1.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 1.0) = 39 - 32 = 1 - 0
18 = Akok,Benjamin ( 1.0) - Su,Aaron ( 1.0) = 35 - 46 = 1 - 0
19 = Kodati,Jathin ( 1.0) - Kumar,Kavin ( 1.0) = 36 - 42 = 0 - 1
20 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) - Wildes,John ( 0.0) = 45 - 31 = 0 - 1
21 = Kwok,Emma ( 0.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 43 - 0 = 1
22 = Lu,Lillian ( 3.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 10 - 0 = ˝
23 = Embuido,Miguel ( 2.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 25 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 6, at 4pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Dale,Ari ( 4.5) - Morris,James ( 3.5) = 6 - 2 = ...
2 = Tao,Trevor ( 3.5) - Fernandez,Daniel How ( 3.5) = 5 - 3 = ...
3 = Winkelman,Albert ( 3.0) - Kargosha,Bahman ( 3.0) = 8 - 16 = ...
4 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 2.5) - Cannon,David ( 2.5) = 4 - 13 = ...
5 = Nemeth,John ( 2.0) - Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 2.0) = 11 - 12 = ...
6 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.5) - Tan,Justin ( 2.0) = 7 - 1 = ...
7 = Gorka,Carl ( 1.5) - Stojic,Dusan ( 1.5) = 14 - 9 = ...
8 = Yang,Ray ( 1.5) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 10 - 0 = 1
9 = Rodgers,Jack ( 3.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 15 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 6, at 4pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Teo,Hong Ming ( 4.5) - Lu,Lillian ( 4.0) = 13 - 10 = ...
2 = Anadkat,Kartavya ( 4.0) - Lee,Lachlan ( 4.0) = 2 - 15 = ...
3 = Poh,Ethan ( 4.0) - Ilic,Nicholas ( 3.5) = 4 - 5 = ...
4 = Yan,Emerson ( 3.5) - Testolin,Ryder ( 3.0) = 8 - 9 = ...
5 = Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 3.0) - Gao,Daniel Danning ( 3.0) = 6 - 21 = ...
6 = Brown,Greg ( 3.0) - Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 3.0) = 30 - 12 = ...
7 = Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 3.0) - Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 3.0) = 16 - 40 = ...
8 = Embuido,Miguel ( 3.0) - Li,Tedric ( 3.0) = 25 - 17 = ...
9 = Athuai,Deng ( 2.5) - Harris,Anthony ( 2.5) = 27 - 14 = ...
10 = Singh,Surjeet ( 2.5) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 2.5) = 29 - 19 = ...
11 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 2.5) - Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 2.5) = 20 - 33 = ...
12 = Gao,James Lequan ( 2.0) - Shawcross,Hartley ( 2.0) = 18 - 34 = ...
13 = Akok,Benjamin ( 2.0) - Anton,Sarah ( 2.0) = 35 - 22 = ...
14 = Kumar,Kavin ( 2.0) - Pearl,Oliver ( 2.0) = 42 - 23 = ...
15 = Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 2.0) - Kalina,Leo ( 2.0) = 41 - 24 = ...
16 = Vuong,Vinh ( 2.0) - Morrison,Jennifer ( 2.0) = 39 - 26 = ...
17 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 1.0) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 1.5) = 32 - 37 = ...
18 = Wildes,John ( 1.0) - Kwok,Emma ( 1.0) = 31 - 43 = ...
19 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) - Su,Aaron ( 1.0) = 45 - 46 = ...
20 = Wang,Kayson ( 4.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 7 - 0 = ˝
21 = Chang,Sophie ( 3.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 28 - 0 = ˝
22 = Kodati,Jathin ( 1.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 36 - 0 = ˝
23 = Ye,Daniel ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 48 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 03:51 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open Rating Groups - Score after round 5

OPEN Rating Score
Anadkat,Kartavya 2170 4
Poh,Ethan 2009 4
Ilic,Nicholas 2000 3.5
Bayaca,Sterling 2053 3

Teo,Hong Ming 1763 4.5
Wang,Kayson 1919 4
Lu,Lillian 1826 4
Lee,Lachlan 1699 4
Yan,Emerson 1906 3.5
Singgih.Diajeng Theresa 1972 3
Testolin,Ryder 1855 3
Poberezovsky,Daniel 1781 3
Harris,Anthony 1736 2.5
Savige,Colin B 1817 1

Annapureddy,Rheyansh Reddy 1554 3
Li,Tedric 1530 3
Gao,Daniel Danning 1486 3
Embuido,Miguel 1411 3
Van Sebille,Sulia 1500 2.5
Waadhwa,Ehsaas 1497 2.5
Gao,James Lequan 1527 2
Anton,Sarah 1467 2
Pearl,Oliver 1467 2
Kalina,Leo 1424 2

Chang,Sophie 1390 3.5
Brown,Greg 1327 3
Athuai,Deng 1400 2.5
Singh,Surjeet 1376 2.5
Keshtiar,Adeeb 1283 2.5
Morrison,Jennifer 1405 2
Shawcross,Hartley 1264 2
Akok,Benjamin 1200 2
Wildes,John 1305 1
Jenatsch,Daniel 1300 1

Srinivasan,Arjun B 1063 3
Vuong,Vinh 1078 2
Zhao,Tiger Chengxin 1054 2
Kumar,Kavin 977 2
Cipreanu,Gabriel 1127 1.5
Ye,Daniel 0 1.5
Kodati,Jathin 1181 1
Kwok,Emma 925 1
Su,Aaron 641 1
Ma,Yuqi 690 0.5

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 05:49 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 7, at 7pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Morris,James ( 4.5) - Fernandez,Daniel How ( 4.5) = 2 - 3 = ...
2 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 4.0) - Dale,Ari ( 4.5) = 16 - 6 = ...
3 = Rodgers,Jack ( 3.5) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 3.5) = 15 - 4 = ...
4 = Tan,Justin ( 3.0) - Tao,Trevor ( 3.5) = 1 - 5 = ...
5 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 2.5) - Winkelman,Albert ( 3.0) = 12 - 8 = ...
6 = Cannon,David ( 2.5) - Yang,Ray ( 2.5) = 13 - 10 = ...
7 = Stojic,Dusan ( 1.5) - Nemeth,John ( 2.5) = 9 - 11 = ...
8 = Gorka,Carl ( 2.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 14 - 0 = ˝
9 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 7 - 0 = ˝

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 7, at 7pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Lu,Lillian ( 4.5) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 5.0) = 10 - 2 = ...
2 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 4.5) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 5.0) = 5 - 13 = ...
3 = Li,Tedric ( 4.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 4.0) = 17 - 4 = ...
4 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 4.0) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 4.0) = 40 - 6 = ...
5 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 4.0) - Chang,Sophie ( 4.0) = 12 - 28 = ...
6 = Testolin,Ryder ( 3.5) - Singh,Surjeet ( 3.5) = 9 - 29 = ...
7 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 3.0) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 3.0) = 34 - 16 = ...
8 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 3.0) - Embuido,Miguel ( 3.0) = 21 - 25 = ...
9 = Anton,Sarah ( 3.0) - Brown,Greg ( 3.0) = 22 - 30 = ...
10 = Pearl,Oliver ( 3.0) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 3.0) = 23 - 41 = ...
11 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 3.0) - Athuai,Deng ( 2.5) = 26 - 27 = ...
12 = Van Sebille,Sulia ( 2.5) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 2.5) = 19 - 37 = ...
13 = Gao,James Lequan ( 2.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 2.0) = 18 - 39 = ...
14 = Kalina,Leo ( 2.0) - Ye,Daniel ( 2.0) = 24 - 48 = ...
15 = Kumar,Kavin ( 2.0) - Wildes,John ( 2.0) = 42 - 31 = ...
16 = Su,Aaron ( 2.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 2.0) = 46 - 35 = ...
17 = Kwok,Emma ( 1.0) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 43 - 45 = ...
18 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 1.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 32 - 0 = 1
19 = Wang,Kayson ( 4.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 7 - 0 = ˝
20 = Yan,Emerson ( 4.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 8 - 0 = ˝
21 = Lee,Lachlan ( 4.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 15 - 0 = ˝
22 = Harris,Anthony ( 3.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 14 - 0 = ˝
23 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 3.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 20 - 0 = ˝
24 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 3.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 33 - 0 = ˝
25 = Kodati,Jathin ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 36 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 06:42 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open Rating Groups - Score after round 6

OPEN Rating Score
Anadkat,Kartavya 2170 5
Ilic,Nicholas 2000 4.5
Poh,Ethan 2009 4
Bayaca,Sterling 2053 3

Teo,Hong Ming 1763 5
Wang,Kayson 1919 4.5
Lu,Lillian 1826 4.5
Singgih.Diajeng Theresa 1972 4
Yan,Emerson 1906 4
Poberezovsky,Daniel 1781 4
Lee,Lachlan 1699 4
Testolin,Ryder 1855 3.5
Harris,Anthony 1736 3.5
Savige,Colin B 1817 1

Li,Tedric 1530 4
Annapureddy,Rheyansh Reddy 1554 3
Waadhwa,Ehsaas 1497 3
Anton,Sarah 1467 3
Pearl,Oliver 1467 3
Embuido,Miguel 1411 3
Van Sebille,Sulia 1500 2.5
Gao,James Lequan 1527 2
Kalina,Leo 1424 2

Chang,Sophie 1390 4
Singh,Surjeet 1376 3.5
Morrison,Jennifer 1405 3
Brown,Greg 1327 3
Keshtiar,Adeeb 1283 3
Shawcross,Hartley 1264 3
Athuai,Deng 1400 2.5
Wildes,John 1305 2
Akok,Benjamin 1200 2
Jenatsch,Daniel 1300 1

Srinivasan,Arjun B 1063 4
Zhao,Tiger Chengxin 1054 3
Cipreanu,Gabriel 1127 2.5
Vuong,Vinh 1078 2
Kumar,Kavin 977 2
Su,Aaron 641 2
Ye,Daniel 0 2
Kodati,Jathin 1181 1.5
Kwok,Emma 925 1
Ma,Yuqi 690 0.5

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 09:10 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 7, at 7pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Morris,James ( 4.5) - Fernandez,Daniel How ( 4.5) = 2 - 3 = 0 - 1
2 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 4.0) - Dale,Ari ( 4.5) = 16 - 6 = 0 - 1
3 = Rodgers,Jack ( 3.5) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 3.5) = 15 - 4 = ˝ - ˝
4 = Tan,Justin ( 3.0) - Tao,Trevor ( 3.5) = 1 - 5 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 2.5) - Winkelman,Albert ( 3.0) = 12 - 8 = ˝ - ˝
6 = Cannon,David ( 2.5) - Yang,Ray ( 2.5) = 13 - 10 = ˝ - ˝
7 = Stojic,Dusan ( 1.5) - Nemeth,John ( 2.5) = 9 - 11 = 1 - 0
8 = Gorka,Carl ( 2.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 14 - 0 = ˝
9 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 7 - 0 = ˝

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 7, at 7pm of 01/11/2020

1 = Lu,Lillian ( 4.5) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 5.0) = 10 - 2 = 0 - 1
2 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 4.5) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 5.0) = 5 - 13 = 1 - 0
3 = Li,Tedric ( 4.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 4.0) = 17 - 4 = 0 - 1
4 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 4.0) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 4.0) = 40 - 6 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 4.0) - Chang,Sophie ( 4.0) = 12 - 28 = ˝ - ˝
6 = Testolin,Ryder ( 3.5) - Singh,Surjeet ( 3.5) = 9 - 29 = 1 - 0
7 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 3.0) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 3.0) = 34 - 16 = ˝ - ˝
8 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 3.0) - Embuido,Miguel ( 3.0) = 21 - 25 = 0 - 1
9 = Anton,Sarah ( 3.0) - Brown,Greg ( 3.0) = 22 - 30 = 1 - 0
10 = Pearl,Oliver ( 3.0) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 3.0) = 23 - 41 = 1 - 0
11 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 3.0) - Athuai,Deng ( 2.5) = 26 - 27 = 1 - 0
12 = Van Sebille,Sulia ( 2.5) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 2.5) = 19 - 37 = 1 - 0
13 = Gao,James Lequan ( 2.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 2.0) = 18 - 39 = 1 - 0
14 = Kalina,Leo ( 2.0) - Ye,Daniel ( 2.0) = 24 - 48 = 1 - 0
15 = Kumar,Kavin ( 2.0) - Wildes,John ( 2.0) = 42 - 31 = 0 - 1
16 = Su,Aaron ( 2.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 2.0) = 46 - 35 = 0 - 1
17 = Kwok,Emma ( 1.0) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 43 - 45 = 1 - 0
18 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 1.0) - ( bye ) ( 0.0) = 32 - 0 = 1
19 = Wang,Kayson ( 4.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 7 - 0 = ˝
20 = Yan,Emerson ( 4.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 8 - 0 = ˝
21 = Lee,Lachlan ( 4.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 15 - 0 = ˝
22 = Harris,Anthony ( 3.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 14 - 0 = ˝
23 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 3.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 20 - 0 = ˝
24 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 3.0) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 33 - 0 = ˝
25 = Kodati,Jathin ( 1.5) - ( half point bye ) ( 0.0) = 36 - 0 = ˝

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 09:14 PM
Reminder: Round 8 commences at 7 pm Monday 2 November

Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 8, at 7pm of 02/11/2020

1 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 5.5) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 4.0) = 3 - 4 = ...
2 = Dale,Ari ( 5.5) - Rodgers,Jack ( 4.0) = 6 - 15 = ...
3 = Morris,James ( 4.5) - Kargosha,Bahman ( 4.0) = 2 - 16 = ...
4 = Winkelman,Albert ( 3.5) - Tao,Trevor ( 4.0) = 8 - 5 = ...
5 = Yang,Ray ( 3.0) - Tan,Justin ( 3.5) = 10 - 1 = ...
6 = Cannon,David ( 3.0) - Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 3.0) = 13 - 12 = ...
7 = Nemeth,John ( 2.5) - Gorka,Carl ( 3.0) = 11 - 14 = ...
8 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 2.0) - Stojic,Dusan ( 2.5) = 7 - 9 = ...

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 8, at 7pm of 02/11/2020

1 = Anadkat,Kartavya ( 6.0) - Ilic,Nicholas ( 5.5) = 2 - 5 = ...
2 = Wang,Kayson ( 5.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 5.0) = 7 - 4 = ...
3 = Teo,Hong Ming ( 5.0) - Yan,Emerson ( 4.5) = 13 - 8 = ...
4 = Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 4.5) - Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 4.5) = 6 - 12 = ...
5 = Lee,Lachlan ( 4.5) - Testolin,Ryder ( 4.5) = 15 - 9 = ...
6 = Chang,Sophie ( 4.5) - Lu,Lillian ( 4.5) = 28 - 10 = ...
7 = Harris,Anthony ( 4.0) - Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 4.5) = 14 - 40 = ...
8 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 4.0) - Li,Tedric ( 4.0) = 26 - 17 = ...
9 = Embuido,Miguel ( 4.0) - Anton,Sarah ( 4.0) = 25 - 22 = ...
10 = Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 3.5) - Pearl,Oliver ( 4.0) = 16 - 23 = ...
11 = Singh,Surjeet ( 3.5) - Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 3.5) = 29 - 20 = ...
12 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 3.5) - Shawcross,Hartley ( 3.5) = 33 - 34 = ...
13 = Van Sebille,Sulia ( 3.5) - Gao,James Lequan ( 3.0) = 19 - 18 = ...
14 = Wildes,John ( 3.0) - Gao,Daniel Danning ( 3.0) = 31 - 21 = ...
15 = Akok,Benjamin ( 3.0) - Kalina,Leo ( 3.0) = 35 - 24 = ...
16 = Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 3.0) - Brown,Greg ( 3.0) = 41 - 30 = ...
17 = Athuai,Deng ( 2.5) - Kodati,Jathin ( 2.0) = 27 - 36 = ...
18 = Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 2.5) - Kwok,Emma ( 2.0) = 37 - 43 = ...
19 = Ye,Daniel ( 2.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 2.0) = 48 - 32 = ...
20 = Vuong,Vinh ( 2.0) - Su,Aaron ( 2.0) = 39 - 46 = ...
21 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) - Kumar,Kavin ( 2.0) = 45 - 42 = ...

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 09:39 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open Rating Groups - Score after round 7

OPEN Rating Score
Anadkat,Kartavya 2170 6
Ilic,Nicholas 2000 5.5
Poh,Ethan 2009 5
Bayaca,Sterling 2053 3

Wang,Kayson 1919 5
Teo,Hong Ming 1763 5
Singgih.Diajeng Theresa 1972 4.5
Yan,Emerson 1906 4.5
Testolin,Ryder 1855 4.5
Lu,Lillian 1826 4.5
Poberezovsky,Daniel 1781 4.5
Lee,Lachlan 1699 4.5
Harris,Anthony 1736 4
Savige,Colin B 1817 1

Li,Tedric 1530 4
Anton,Sarah 1467 4
Pearl,Oliver 1467 4
Embuido,Miguel 1411 4
Annapureddy,Rheyansh Reddy 1554 3.5
Van Sebille,Sulia 1500 3.5
Waadhwa,Ehsaas 1497 3.5
Gao,James Lequan 1527 3
Kalina,Leo 1424 3

Chang,Sophie 1390 4.5
Morrison,Jennifer 1405 4
Singh,Surjeet 1376 3.5
Keshtiar,Adeeb 1283 3.5
Shawcross,Hartley 1264 3.5
Brown,Greg 1327 3
Wildes,John 1305 3
Akok,Benjamin 1200 3
Athuai,Deng 1400 2.5
Jenatsch,Daniel 1300 2

Srinivasan,Arjun B 1063 4.5
Zhao,Tiger Chengxin 1054 3
Cipreanu,Gabriel 1127 2.5
Kodati,Jathin 1181 2
Vuong,Vinh 1078 2
Kumar,Kavin 977 2
Kwok,Emma 925 2
Su,Aaron 641 2
Ye,Daniel 0 2
Ma,Yuqi 690 0.5

Peter Tsai
01-11-2020, 09:41 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational
Cross Table at round 7 sorted by score

Pos NAME Rtg T Fed Pts | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Buc1 BucT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Fernandez,Daniel Howard 2466 GM OS 5.5 | +W13 +B7 -W2 +B6 =W9 +B4 +B3 | 25.0 27.5
2 Dale,Ari 2351 IM VIC 5.5 | +B11 +W8 +B1 +W5 =B4 -W3 +B7 | 25.0 27.5
3 Morris,James 2473 IM VIC 4.5 | +B14 =W4 =B5 =W8 +B10 +B2 -W1 | 25.5 28.0
4 Tao,Trevor 2366 IM SA 4.0 | +W12 =B3 =W6 +B7 =W2 -W1 =B8 | 26.5 29.5
5 Sukandar,Irine Kharisma 2413 IM OS 4.0 | +B15 =BYE =W3 -B2 =BYE +W10 =B6 | 25.5 28.0
6 Rodgers,Jack 2100 NSW 4.0 | +B16 =W10 =B4 -W1 +B8 =BYE =W5 | 24.5 26.5
7 Kargosha,Bahman 2092 CM NSW 4.0 | +BYE -W1 +B16 -W4 +B14 +B9 -W2 | 24.0 26.0
8 Tan,Justin 2496 GM VIC 3.5 | +W9 -B2 =W11 =B3 -W6 +B16 =W4 | 24.0 26.0
9 Winkelman,Albert 2294 FM ACT 3.5 | -B8 +W15 =B10 +W16 =B1 -W7 =B12 | 21.0 23.0
10 Cannon,David 2143 FM VIC 3.0 | =BYE =B6 =W9 +B11 -W3 -B5 =W13 | 22.5 25.0
11 Gorka,Carl 2100 VIC 3.0 | -W2 +BYE =B8 -W10 -B13 +W14 =BYE | 20.5 23.0
12 Dragicevic,Domagoj 2172 FM VIC 3.0 | -B4 =BYE =W13 =W14 =BYE =B15 =W9 | 19.5 22.0
13 Yang,Ray 2249 FM VIC 3.0 | -B1 -W16 =B12 -W15 +W11 +BYE =B10 | 18.5 20.5
14 Stojic,Dusan 2267 FM QLD 2.5 | -W3 =BYE =BYE =B12 -W7 -B11 +W15 | 20.5 23.0
15 Nemeth,John 2198 VIC 2.5 | -W5 -B9 =BYE +B13 =W16 =W12 -B14 | 18.5 20.5
16 Ryjanova,Julia 2299 WGM VIC 2.0 | -W6 +B13 -W7 -B9 =B15 -W8 =BYE | 19.5 22.0

Thai Ly
02-11-2020, 12:10 AM
Dale v Tan
Ari got off to a great start with 4/4, and it all started on day 2 with a lucky win against Justin Tan. A messy game where Justin felt compelled to sac an exchange, his 2 bishops progressively gave him full compensationi. Ari then simplified down to a pawns v bishop + pawn ending in which he managed to swindle Justin with a clever tactic at the end.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "2.1"]
[White "Dale, Ari"]
[Black "Tan, Justin"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2351"]
[BlackElo "2496"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Bb4 4. e3 0-0 5. Bd3 d5 6. Nf3 b6 7. 0-0 Bb7 8. a3 Bd6
9. b3 Nb8d7 10. Nb5 Be7 11. Bb2 a6 12. Nc3 Bd6 13. Qe2 Ne4 14. Rfd1 f5 15. Ne5
Qh4 16. Nb1 Rad8 17. Nd2 Nxd2 18. Rxd2 Rf6 19. g3 Qh3 20. Qf1 Qh5 21. Be2 Qe8
22. Nxd7 Qxd7 23. c5 bxc5 24. dxc5 Bxc5 25. Bxf6 gxf6 26. Bxa6 Ba8 27. Qb5 Qd6
28. b4 Bb6 29. a4 Bc6 30. Qe2 Qxb4 31. Bb5 Ba8 32. a5 Ba7 33. Ra4 Qe7 34. Qh5
Rb8 35. Bd3 c5 36. Rh4 c4 37. Bc2 Qg7 38. Kf1 Bc6 39. g4 Be8 40. Qh6 Qxh6 41.
Rxh6 Kg7 42. Rh4 Rb2 43. Rxh7+ Kxh7 44. Bxf5+ exf5 45. Rxb2 Bc6 46. gxf5 Kh6 47.
Ke2 Kg5 48. Kd2 Kg4 49. Kc3 Kh3 50. Re2 Bb5 51. Rd2 Bc6 52. e4 d4+ 53. Rxd4
Bxd4+ 54. Kxd4 c3 55. Kxc3 Bxe4 56. Kd4 Bg2 57. Ke3 Kg4? 58. f3+! Bxf3 59. h3+! Kg3
60. h4! {#r} 1-0

Kargosha v Fernandez
Daniel bravely sacrificed a piece to enter into a material imbalance where 3 pawns + shattered pawns for Bahman gave Daniel counterplay. He then outplayed Bahman in the ending after the queens got exchanged off the board. Pawns for Daniel on both the a and h files stretched Bahman's bishop too much to provide effective resistance.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "2.3"]
[White "Kargosha, Bahman"]
[Black "Fernandez, Daniel"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2092"]
[BlackElo "2466"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 d5 4. cxd5 Nxd5 5. e4 Nxc3 6. bxc3 Bg7 7. Qa4+ Qd7 8.
Bb5 c6 9. Be2 0-0 10. Qa3 b6 11. Nf3 c5 12. 0-0 cxd4 13. cxd4 Bb7 14. Qe3 Nc6
15. Bb2 Rac8 16. Rac1 Na5 17. h4 Qa4 18. h5 Qxa2 19. Ba3 Nb3 20. Rxc8 Rxc8 21.
Bxe7 Re8 22. Bc4 Rxe7 23. Bxb3 Qb2 24. e5 Bxf3 25. gxf3 Bxe5 26. dxe5 Rxe5 27.
Qf4 Rf5 28. Qb8+ Kg7 29. h6+ Kxh6 30. Qf8+ Kg5 31. Qe7+ Kh6 32. Qf8+ Qg7 33.
Qxg7+ Kxg7 34. Kg2 a5 35. Rd1 Rg5+ 36. Kf1 Rb5 37. Ba4 Rf5 38. Rb1 Rf4 39. Bc6
h5 40. Rxb6 Rf6 41. Ra6 a4 42. Bb7 Rxa6 43. Bxa6 g5 44. Kg2 a3 45. Bc4 Kg6 46.
Kg3 h4+ 47. Kh3 f6 48. f4 Kf5 49. fxg5 fxg5 50. f3 Ke5 51. Ba2 Kd4 52. f4 gxf4
53. Kxh4 Ke3 54. Kh3 f3 55. Kg3 f2 56. Kg2 Ke2 {#T} 0-1

Thai Ly
02-11-2020, 12:24 AM
Fernandez v Dale
Ari dispatches his 2nd GM opponent, this time with black and with less luck involved. Playing with vigour on the black side of a Grunfeld-like opening, he managed to trap Daniel's king in the centre and opened up lines with key pawn breaks with the e and f pawns. After losing the key d-pawn, Daniel sought to get counterplay against Ari's king, but this proved illusory as Ari's king was significantly safer than Daniel's. In the end, Daniel's exposed king cost him a whole rook.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "3.1"]
[Black "Dale, Ari"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2466"]
[BlackElo "2351"]

1. c4 g6 2. Nf3 Bg7 3. Nc3 c5 4. h3 Nc6 5. e3 Nf6 6. g4 h6 7. d4 cxd4 8. exd4 d5
9. Ne5 0-0 10. Be3 Ne4 11. Nxc6 bxc6 12. Bg2 Nxc3 13. bxc3 Ba6 14. cxd5 cxd5 15.
Qd2 e5 16. Bf1 exd4 17. cxd4 Qb6 18. Bxa6 Qxa6 19. Qe2 Qa5+ 20. Kf1 f5 21. gxf5
Rxf5 22. Rc1 Re8 23. Kg2 Rg5+ 24. Kh2 Bxd4 25. Rhg1 Bxe3 26. fxe3 Qa3 27. Rxg5
hxg5 28. Qd2 Rxe3 29. Qxd5+ Kh7 30. Qd7+ Kh6 31. Rc2 Qf8 32. Qd4 Qb8+ 33. Kh1
Qb1+ {#R} 0-1

Sukander v Morris
James seem to struggle getting into top gear on Saturday, drawing all 3 of his games for rounds 2-4. Perhaps the most interesting of his draws was against Irine, where it appeared (to the naked eye) James played either some theoretical preparation or tricky improvisation as black in the Scotch Opening. However, the play petered out as the players acquiesced to a draw by repetition.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "3.2"]
[White "Kharisma Sukandar, Irine"]
[Black "Morris, James"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "2413"]
[BlackElo "2473"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 exd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nxc6 bxc6 6. e5 Qe7 7. Qe2 Nd5 8.
h4 d6 9. c4 Nb6 10. exd6 cxd6 11. Nc3 Be6 12. b3 d5 13. cxd5 Qf6 14. Bb2 Bb4 15.
0-0-0 Bxc3 16. dxe6 0-0 17. Rh3 Bxb2+ 18. Qxb2 Qxe6 19. Bd3 Nd5 20. Rg3 Qh6+ 21.
Qd2 Qf6 22. Qb2 Qh6+ 23. Qd2 Qf6 {#d} 1/2-1/2

Thai Ly
02-11-2020, 12:52 AM
Dale v Sukander
Ari has had 3 white games so far and faced the Nimzo every time - somewhat reminiscent of the time he played in the Wijk Aan Zee B tournament. Here, Irine sacced a rook for Ari's knight on e5, resulting in Ari being up an exchange for a pawn as well as holding a phalanx of central pawns, for which Irine appeared to have only the advance f-pawn and some weakness in Ari's white squares. To tackle the Ari's central pawns, Irine fatally compromised her control of back rank.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "4.1"]
[White "Dale, Ari"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2351"]
[BlackElo "2413"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Bb4 4. e3 0-0 5. Bd3 d5 6. Nf3 b6 7. 0-0 Bb7 8. cxd5
exd5 9. Ne5 Nb8d7 10. f4 a6 11. Rf3 Re8 12. Rh3 Nf8 13. g4 c5 14. g5 Ne4 15.
Nxe4 dxe4 16. Bc4 Rxe5 17. fxe5 b5 18. Be2 Qxg5+ 19. Rg3 Qe7 20. a3 Ba5 21. b4
cxb4 22. Bd2 Ng6 23. Qb3 Nh4 24. Bxb4 Bxb4 25. axb4 Rc8 26. Rf1 Nf3+ 27. Bxf3
exf3 28. Qd3 Qxb4 29. d5 Rc3 30. Qd2 Qc5 31. Rg3xf3 Bxd5 32. Rd1 Bxf3 33. Qxc3
Qf8 34. Rd6 h5 35. Qd3 {#r} 1-0

Rodgers v Fernandez
Daniel bounced back from his loss to Ari with a sound win over Jack. Play started off in an unorthodox manner with sideline in the Trompowsky Opening and when Jack desperately lashed out with knight sac on d5, this only assisted Daniel to bring his rook from a8 into the attack which he then prosecuted with aplomb with the advantages of an extra piece and greater activity.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "4.2"]
[White "Rodgers, Jack"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2100"]
[BlackElo "2466"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. Bg5 g6 3. Bxf6 exf6 4. h4 h5 5. e3 d5 6. g3 c6 7. c4 Bb4+ 8. Nc3
Qa5 9. Qb3 Be6 10. a3 Bxc3+ 11. bxc3 Nd7 12. c5 Qc7 13. Ne2 b6 14. cxb6 axb6 15.
Nf4 Bg4 16. Bg2 0-0 17. 0-0 g5 18. hxg5 fxg5 19. Nxd5 cxd5 20. Qxd5 Ra5 21. Qb3
h4 22. gxh4 gxh4 23. Kh1 h3 24. Be4 Nf6 25. Rg1 Rg5 26. Qc2 Re8 27. f3 Nxe4 28.
Rxg4 Rxg4 29. fxg4 Ng3+ 30. Kg1 Rxe3 31. Qf2 Rxc3 32. Qd2 Ne4 33. Qh6 Qg3+ {#R}
0-1

Kargosha v Tao
Trevor kept within stalking distance of the lead by greedily navigating the complexities of a rook + opposite coloured bishop ending. 21...Ng3 appeared to disturb Bahman's equilibrium as he quickly exchanged queens and weakened his defence of the c4 pawn. Bahman then sought counterplay by giving up numerous pawns to activate his bishop. However, the loss of all those pawns was later felt when Trevor gave up his rook and rushed his numerous pawns down the board.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "4.3"]
[Black "Tao, Trevor"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2092"]
[BlackElo "2366"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Bb4 4. e3 b6 5. Ne2 Ne4 6. Qc2 Bb7 7. a3 Bxc3+ 8. Nxc3
f5 9. Nxe4 Bxe4 10. Qd1 Bb7 11. Qh5+ g6 12. Qh6 Qf6 13. Bd2 d6 14. Bc3 Nd7 15.
0-0-0 0-0-0 16. f3 Qf7 17. Be2 Rhg8 18. h4 Nf6 19. Rhg1 Nh5 20. g4 fxg4 21. fxg4
Ng3 22. Rxg3 Qf2 23. Qf4 Qxe2 24. Qf1 Qxf1 25. Rxf1 Rdf8 26. Rg3g1 Ba6 27. b3 d5
28. Rf4 Rxf4 29. exf4 dxc4 30. d5 exd5 31. f5 gxf5 32. g5 cxb3 33. h5 f4 34. g6
hxg6 35. h6 f3 36. h7 Rd8 37. Bd4 c5 38. Rxg6 Bd3 39. Rh6 cxd4 40. h8=Q Rxh8 41.
Rxh8+ Kb7 42. Rf8 Be2 43. Rf4 d3 44. a4 b2+ {#R} 0-1

Thai Ly
02-11-2020, 01:31 AM
Tao v Dale
After getting into a precarious middlegame position with his king exposed on f8, Ari showed great endgame fight again in round 5 where, after the queens came off, he coordinated a defence an exchange down. To be fair, Trevor's disjointed c, d and f pawns made converting his material advantage harder than it looked but nonetheless Ari did well to offer such stiff resistance.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "5.1"]
[White "Tao, Trevor"]

[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "2366"]
[BlackElo "2351"]

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 e6 3.b3 b6 4.Be2 Bb7 5.Nc3 d6 6.0-0 Nf6 7.Re1 Nbd7 8.Bf1 Be7 9.a4 a6 10.Bb2 0-0 11.g3 d5 12.exd5 exd5 13.d4 Ne4 14.Bg2 f5 15.dxc5 Bxc5 16.Nd4 Ndf6 17.f3 Nxc3 18.Bxc3 f4 19.b4 Bd6 20.Ne6 Qc8 21.Qd4 fxg3 22.hxg3 Bxg3 23.Nxf8 Bxe1 24.Rxe1 Kxf8 25.Qe3 Qd8 26.Bd4 b5 27.Qe6 Rc8 28.axb5 axb5 29.Bc5+ Rxc5 30.bxc5 d4 31.Qd6+ Qxd6 32.cxd6 Bc8 33.Rd1 Bf5 34.Rxd4 Ke8 35.c3 Kd7 36.Bf1 Kc6 37.Kh2 Bd7 38.Bd3 Kc5 39.Kg3 g5 40.Be4 h5 41.Kf2 h4 42.Bb7 Be6 43.Rd1 Bd7 44.Ke3 Kc4 45.Rg1 g4 46.fxg4 Nxg4+ 47.Kf4 Nf6 48.Rg6 Nd5+ 49.Ke5 Nb6 50.Rh6 h3 51.Be4 Kxc3 52.Bf5 Nc4+ 53.Kf4 Bxf5 54.Kxf5 Nxd6+ 55.Rxd6 b4 56.Rh6 b3 57.Rxh3+ Kc2 58.Rxb3 Kxb3 1/2-1/2

[B]Fernandez v Winkelman
Daniel may rue not being able to convert another unbalanced endgame when, after a fair degree of struggle, he got Albert onto the back foot leading out of the middlegame. When Daniel exchanged down to a knight v bishop ending with 2 extra pawns, he may have expected to convert the material advantage into a win but he may have rushed the advance of the e-pawn. Albert nestled his bishop on d4 with free rein over the long a1-h8 diagonal and together with the king on e7 stymied Daniel's progress.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "5.2"]

[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "2466"]
[BlackElo "2294"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Bxc6 dxc6 5. 0-0 Bg4 6. h3 h5 7. d3 Qf6 8.
Nb1d2 Ne7 9. d4 Ng6 10. Re1 Nf4 11. dxe5 Qg6 12. Nh4 Bxd1 13. Nxg6 Nxg6 14. Rxd1
Nxe5 15. f4 Ng6 16. Nf3 Bd6 17. g3 0-0-0 18. Be3 f6 19. h4 Rhe8 20. Nd2 Nh8 21.
Kf2 Nf7 22. Kf3 Nh6 23. Nc4 Ng4 24. Bg1 Re7 25. Rd3 Re7d7 26. Ra1d1 Be7 27. a4
Rxd3+ 28. cxd3 c5 29. a5 Kd7 30. Ke2 Rb8 31. Rc1 Rg8 32. Nd2 b6 33. Ra1 Ra8 34.
b4 cxb4 35. axb6 a5 36. Nc4 Rb8 37. bxc7 Kxc7 38. Rxa5 b3 39. Bd4 g6 40. f5 gxf5
41. Rxf5 Ne5 42. Rxe5 fxe5 43. Bxe5+ Kc8 44. Bxb8 Kxb8 45. e5 Bc5 46. Kf3 Bd4
47. e6 Kc7 48. g4 b2 49. Nd2 hxg4+ 50. Kxg4 Kd6 51. Kf5 Ke7 52. h5 Bh8 53. h6
Bf6 54. Nb1 Bh8 1/2-1/2
[B]
Cannon v Morris
James woke up from his chess slumber and put himself back in tournament contention by mercilessly seizing on the tactical opportunity presented by a lax move in 25. b3? by David.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "5.3"]
[White "Cannon, David"]
[Black "Morris, James"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2143"]
[BlackElo "2473"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Be7 4. 0-0 Nf6 5. d3 0-0 6. Re1 d6 7. c3 Bg4 8. h3
Bh5 9. Nb1d2 a6 10. Bb3 d5 11. exd5 Nxd5 12. Nf1 Bf6 13. Ng3 Bg6 14. a3 Re8 15.
d4 e4 16. Nd2 e3 17. Nf3 exf2+ 18. Kxf2 Qd6 19. Rxe8+ Rxe8 20. Bc2 Na5 21. Bxg6
hxg6 22. Qa4 Nc6 23. Bd2 Nb6 24. Qc2 Qd5 25. b3? Nxd4! 26. Nxd4 Bxd4+ 27. Kf1 Qb5+
28. c4 Qe5 {#R} 0-1

Tan v Rodgers
Jack piled misery on Justin, who has been rusty in the tournament. In this game, Justin appeared uncharacteristically indecisive in the middlegame following Jack's Accelerated Dragon. Given the opening choice, it was surprising that Jack got such a potent attack, but it happened and it proved too much for Justin's king which was caught in a mating net towards the centre of the board.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "5.4"]
[White "Tan, Justin"]
[Black "Rodgers, Jack"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2496"]
[BlackElo "2100"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 g6 3. c4 Bg7 4. d4 cxd4 5. Nxd4 Nc6 6. Be3 Nf6 7. Nc3 Ng4 8.
Qxg4 Nxd4 9. Qd1 e5 10. Bd3 d6 11. 0-0 Be6 12. Nd5 0-0 13. Qd2 Bxd5 14. cxd5 Rc8
15. Rae1 Qb6 16. f4 exf4 17. Rxf4 Be5 18. Rf2 a5 19. a3 Qd8 20. Qd1 f5 21. Bf1
Qf6 22. Rd2 Qh4 23. g3 Bxg3 24. hxg3 Qxg3+ 25. Kh1 Nf3 26. Re1e2 Qh4+ 27. Kg2
Qh2+ 28. Kxf3 fxe4+ 29. Kxe4 Qe5+ 30. Kd3 Qxd5+ 31. Bd4 Qc4+ {#R} 0-1

Kevin Bonham
02-11-2020, 09:04 AM
Top two PGN viewers above were not working. I edited the post to fix the second one but have no idea why the first will still not work.

Peter Tsai
02-11-2020, 08:52 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 8, at 7pm of 02/11/2020

1 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 5.5) - Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 4.0) = 3 - 4 = ˝ - ˝
2 = Dale,Ari ( 5.5) - Rodgers,Jack ( 4.0) = 6 - 15 = 0 - 1
3 = Morris,James ( 4.5) - Kargosha,Bahman ( 4.0) = 2 - 16 = 1 - 0
4 = Winkelman,Albert ( 3.5) - Tao,Trevor ( 4.0) = 8 - 5 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Yang,Ray ( 3.0) - Tan,Justin ( 3.5) = 10 - 1 = 1 - 0
6 = Cannon,David ( 3.0) - Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 3.0) = 13 - 12 = 1 - 0
7 = Nemeth,John ( 2.5) - Gorka,Carl ( 3.0) = 11 - 14 = ˝ - ˝
8 = Ryjanova,Julia ( 2.0) - Stojic,Dusan ( 2.5) = 7 - 9 = 1 - 0

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 8, at 7pm of 02/11/2020

1 = Anadkat,Kartavya ( 6.0) - Ilic,Nicholas ( 5.5) = 2 - 5 = 1 - 0
2 = Wang,Kayson ( 5.0) - Poh,Ethan ( 5.0) = 7 - 4 = 0 - 1
3 = Teo,Hong Ming ( 5.0) - Yan,Emerson ( 4.5) = 13 - 8 = 0 - 1
4 = Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 4.5) - Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 4.5) = 6 - 12 = 1 - 0
5 = Lee,Lachlan ( 4.5) - Testolin,Ryder ( 4.5) = 15 - 9 = 0 - 1
6 = Chang,Sophie ( 4.5) - Lu,Lillian ( 4.5) = 28 - 10 = 1 - 0
7 = Harris,Anthony ( 4.0) - Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 4.5) = 14 - 40 = 1 - 0
8 = Morrison,Jennifer ( 4.0) - Li,Tedric ( 4.0) = 26 - 17 = 0 - 1
9 = Embuido,Miguel ( 4.0) - Anton,Sarah ( 4.0) = 25 - 22 = 1 - 0
10 = Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 3.5) - Pearl,Oliver ( 4.0) = 16 - 23 = 1 - 0
11 = Singh,Surjeet ( 3.5) - Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 3.5) = 29 - 20 = 0 - 1
12 = Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 3.5) - Shawcross,Hartley ( 3.5) = 33 - 34 = 1 - 0
13 = Van Sebille,Sulia ( 3.5) - Gao,James Lequan ( 3.0) = 19 - 18 = 0 - 1
14 = Wildes,John ( 3.0) - Gao,Daniel Danning ( 3.0) = 31 - 21 = ˝ - ˝
15 = Akok,Benjamin ( 3.0) - Kalina,Leo ( 3.0) = 35 - 24 = 0 - 1
16 = Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 3.0) - Brown,Greg ( 3.0) = 41 - 30 = 1 - 0
17 = Athuai,Deng ( 2.5) - Kodati,Jathin ( 2.0) = 27 - 36 = 0 - 1
18 = Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 2.5) - Kwok,Emma ( 2.0) = 37 - 43 = 1 - 0
19 = Ye,Daniel ( 2.0) - Jenatsch,Daniel ( 2.0) = 48 - 32 = 1F-0F
20 = Vuong,Vinh ( 2.0) - Su,Aaron ( 2.0) = 39 - 46 = 1 - 0
21 = Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) - Kumar,Kavin ( 2.0) = 45 - 42 = 0 - 1

Peter Tsai
02-11-2020, 08:58 PM
2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open
Melbourne - 30/10/2020, 03/11/2020

Rated Player Group after round 8

Group limits: OPEN
Pos score N NAME | Rtg T Fed | Buc1 BucT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 7.0 2 Anadkat,Kartavya | 2170 IND | 35.5 39.5
2 6.0 4 Poh,Ethan | 2009 AUS | 35.0 38.5
3 5.5 5 Ilic,Nicholas | 2000 VIC | 36.0 38.5
4 3.0 3 Bayaca,Sterling (W) | 2053 NSW | 34.0 38.0

Group limits: RATING GROUP 1
1 5.5 8 Yan,Emerson | 1906 VIC | 37.0 40.0
2 5.5 9 Testolin,Ryder | 1855 VIC | 36.5 40.0
3 5.5 6 Singgih.Diajeng Ther | 1972 AUS | 30.0 32.0
4 5.0 7 Wang,Kayson | 1919 VIC | 36.5 40.0
5 5.0 13 Teo,Hong Ming | 1763 AUS | 36.5 39.0
6 5.0 14 Harris,Anthony | 1736 VIC | 31.5 32.0
7 4.5 10 Lu,Lillian | 1826 VIC | 37.5 41.0
8 4.5 15 Lee,Lachlan | 1699 VIC | 34.0 36.5
9 4.5 12 Poberezovsky,Daniel | 1781 VIC | 32.0 35.0
10 1.0 11 Savige,Colin B (W) | 1817 VIC | 25.0 27.0

Group limits: RATING GROUP 2
1 5.0 17 Li,Tedric | 1530 VIC | 35.0 38.0
2 5.0 25 Embuido,Miguel | 1411 VIC | 32.0 35.5
3 4.5 20 Waadhwa,Ehsaas | 1497 VIC | 31.5 34.5
4 4.5 16 Annapureddy,Rheyansh | 1554 VIC | 27.0 30.0
5 4.0 23 Pearl,Oliver | 1467 VIC | 29.0 31.0
6 4.0 22 Anton,Sarah | 1467 WCM VIC | 28.0 30.5
7 4.0 24 Kalina,Leo | 1424 VIC | 27.0 27.5
8 4.0 18 Gao,James Lequan | 1527 VIC | 26.0 28.5
9 3.5 21 Gao,Daniel Danning | 1486 VIC | 33.0 34.5
10 3.5 19 Van Sebille,Sulia | 1500 VIC | 27.0 29.0

Group limits: RATING GROUP 3
1 5.5 28 Chang,Sophie | 1390 VIC | 35.0 39.0
2 4.5 33 Keshtiar,Adeeb | 1283 VIC | 32.0 35.0
3 4.0 26 Morrison,Jennifer | 1405 VIC | 29.0 31.5
4 3.5 34 Shawcross,Hartley | 1264 VIC | 30.5 31.0
5 3.5 29 Singh,Surjeet | 1376 VIC | 29.0 31.0
6 3.5 31 Wildes,John | 1305 VIC | 25.0 25.5
7 3.0 30 Brown,Greg | 1327 VIC | 31.0 32.5
8 3.0 35 Akok,Benjamin | 1200 VIC | 27.5 29.0
9 2.5 27 Athuai,Deng | 1400 VIC | 29.0 31.0
10 2.0 32 Jenatsch,Daniel | 1300 AUS | 23.5 25.0

Group limits: RATING GROUP 4
1 4.5 40 Srinivasan,Arjun B | 1063 VIC | 33.5 36.5
2 4.0 41 Zhao,Tiger Chengxin | 1054 VIC | 29.5 32.5
3 3.5 37 Cipreanu,Gabriel | 1127 AUS | 24.0 25.5
4 3.0 39 Vuong,Vinh | 1078 VIC | 28.0 30.0
5 3.0 42 Kumar,Kavin | 977 AUS | 24.0 24.5
6 3.0 36 Kodati,Jathin | 1181 AUS | 23.5 26.0
7 3.0 48 Ye,Daniel | 1 AUS | 23.5 25.5
8 2.0 46 Su,Aaron | 641 AUS | 24.0 24.5
9 2.0 43 Kwok,Emma | 925 VIC | 19.5 20.0
10 0.5 45 Ma,Yuqi | 690 VIC | 26.0 27.5

Peter Tsai
02-11-2020, 09:00 PM
Cross Table at round 8 sorted by score

Pos NAME Rtg T Fed Pts | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | Buc1 BucT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Fernandez,Daniel Howard 2466 GM OS 6.0 | +W10 +B7 -W2 +B4 =W9 +B6 +B3 =W5 | 32.5 36.0
2 Dale,Ari 2351 IM VIC 5.5 | +B12 +W11 +B1 +W5 =B6 -W3 +B7 -W4 | 32.5 35.5
3 Morris,James 2473 IM VIC 5.5 | +B16 =W6 =B5 =W11 +B8 +B2 -W1 +W7 | 31.5 34.0
4 Rodgers,Jack 2100 NSW 5.0 | +B14 =W8 =B6 -W1 +B11 =BYE =W5 +B2 | 33.0 36.0
5 Sukandar,Irine Kharisma 2413 IM OS 4.5 | +B15 =BYE =W3 -B2 =BYE +W8 =B4 =B1 | 35.5 38.5
6 Tao,Trevor 2366 IM SA 4.5 | +W13 =B3 =W4 +B7 =W2 -W1 =B11 =B9 | 33.0 36.0
7 Kargosha,Bahman 2092 CM NSW 4.0 | +BYE -W1 +B14 -W6 +B16 +B9 -W2 -B3 | 32.0 34.5
8 Cannon,David 2143 FM VIC 4.0 | =BYE =B4 =W9 +B12 -W3 -B5 =W10 +W13 | 30.0 33.0
9 Winkelman,Albert 2294 FM ACT 4.0 | -B11 +W15 =B8 +W14 =B1 -W7 =B13 =W6 | 27.5 30.5
10 Yang,Ray 2249 FM VIC 4.0 | -B1 -W14 =B13 -W15 +W12 +BYE =B8 +W11 | 25.5 28.0
11 Tan,Justin 2496 GM VIC 3.5 | +W9 -B2 =W12 =B3 -W4 +B14 =W6 -B10 | 31.0 34.0
12 Gorka,Carl 2100 VIC 3.5 | -W2 +BYE =B11 -W8 -B10 +W16 =BYE =B15 | 26.5 29.0
13 Dragicevic,Domagoj 2172 FM VIC 3.0 | -B6 =BYE =W10 =W16 =BYE =B15 =W9 -B8 | 27.0 29.5
14 Ryjanova,Julia 2299 WGM VIC 3.0 | -W4 +B10 -W7 -B9 =B15 -W11 =BYE +W16 | 25.5 28.0
15 Nemeth,John 2198 VIC 3.0 | -W5 -B9 =BYE +B10 =W14 =W13 -B16 =W12 | 24.5 27.0
16 Stojic,Dusan 2267 FM QLD 2.5 | -W3 =BYE =BYE =B13 -W7 -B12 +W15 -B14 | 26.0 29.0

Peter Tsai
02-11-2020, 09:02 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 9, at 7pm of 04/11/2020

1 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 6.0) - Cannon,David ( 4.0) = 3 - 13 = ...
2 = Rodgers,Jack ( 5.0) - Morris,James ( 5.5) = 15 - 2 = ...
3 = Winkelman,Albert ( 4.0) - Dale,Ari ( 5.5) = 8 - 6 = ...
4 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 4.5) - Tao,Trevor ( 4.5) = 4 - 5 = ...
5 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 4.0) - Gorka,Carl ( 3.5) = 16 - 14 = ...
6 = Stojic,Dusan ( 2.5) - Yang,Ray ( 4.0) = 9 - 10 = ...
7 = Tan,Justin ( 3.5) - Nemeth,John ( 3.0) = 1 - 11 = ...
8 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 3.0) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 3.0) = 12 - 7 = ...

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 9, at 7pm of 03/11/2020

1 = Poh,Ethan ( 6.0) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 7.0) = 4 - 2 = ...
2 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 5.5) - Chang,Sophie ( 5.5) = 5 - 28 = ...
3 = Yan,Emerson ( 5.5) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 5.5) = 8 - 6 = ...
4 = Testolin,Ryder ( 5.5) - Wang,Kayson ( 5.0) = 9 - 7 = ...
5 = Li,Tedric ( 5.0) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 5.0) = 17 - 13 = ...
6 = Harris,Anthony ( 5.0) - Embuido,Miguel ( 5.0) = 14 - 25 = ...
7 = Lu,Lillian ( 4.5) - Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 4.5) = 10 - 33 = ...
8 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 4.5) - Lee,Lachlan ( 4.5) = 40 - 15 = ...
9 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 4.5) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 4.5) = 20 - 16 = ...
10 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 4.5) - Kalina,Leo ( 4.0) = 12 - 24 = ...
11 = Gao,James Lequan ( 4.0) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 4.0) = 18 - 41 = ...
12 = Pearl,Oliver ( 4.0) - Morrison,Jennifer ( 4.0) = 23 - 26 = ...
13 = Anton,Sarah ( 4.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 3.5) = 22 - 19 = ...
14 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 3.5) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 3.5) = 21 - 37 = ...
15 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 3.5) - Singh,Surjeet ( 3.5) = 34 - 29 = ...
16 = Ye,Daniel ( 3.0) - Wildes,John ( 3.5) = 48 - 31 = ...
17 = Kumar,Kavin ( 3.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 3.0) = 42 - 35 = ...
18 = Kodati,Jathin ( 3.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 3.0) = 36 - 39 = ...
19 = Brown,Greg ( 3.0) - Athuai,Deng ( 2.5) = 30 - 27 = ...
20 = Su,Aaron ( 2.0) - Kwok,Emma ( 2.0) = 46 - 43 = ...
21 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 2.0) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 32 - 45 = ...

Peter Tsai
03-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Invitational

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Online Invitational: Pairing of round 9, at 7pm of 04/11/2020

1 = Fernandez,Daniel How ( 6.0) - Cannon,David ( 4.0) = 3 - 13 = 1 - 0
2 = Rodgers,Jack ( 5.0) - Morris,James ( 5.5) = 15 - 2 = ˝ - ˝
3 = Winkelman,Albert ( 4.0) - Dale,Ari ( 5.5) = 8 - 6 = 0 - 1
4 = Sukandar,Irine Khari ( 4.5) - Tao,Trevor ( 4.5) = 4 - 5 = 1 - 0
5 = Kargosha,Bahman ( 4.0) - Gorka,Carl ( 3.5) = 16 - 14 = 0 - 1
6 = Stojic,Dusan ( 2.5) - Yang,Ray ( 4.0) = 9 - 10 = 0 - 1
7 = Tan,Justin ( 3.5) - Nemeth,John ( 3.0) = 1 - 11 = ˝ - ˝
8 = Dragicevic,Domagoj ( 3.0) - Ryjanova,Julia ( 3.0) = 12 - 7 = 0 - 1

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open: Pairing of round 9, at 7pm of 03/11/2020

1 = Poh,Ethan ( 6.0) - Anadkat,Kartavya ( 7.0) = 4 - 2 = ˝ - ˝
2 = Ilic,Nicholas ( 5.5) - Chang,Sophie ( 5.5) = 5 - 28 = 1 - 0
3 = Yan,Emerson ( 5.5) - Singgih.Diajeng Ther ( 5.5) = 8 - 6 = ˝ - ˝
4 = Testolin,Ryder ( 5.5) - Wang,Kayson ( 5.0) = 9 - 7 = ˝ - ˝
5 = Li,Tedric ( 5.0) - Teo,Hong Ming ( 5.0) = 17 - 13 = 0 - 1
6 = Harris,Anthony ( 5.0) - Embuido,Miguel ( 5.0) = 14 - 25 = 1 - 0
7 = Lu,Lillian ( 4.5) - Keshtiar,Adeeb ( 4.5) = 10 - 33 = 1 - 0
8 = Srinivasan,Arjun B ( 4.5) - Lee,Lachlan ( 4.5) = 40 - 15 = ˝ - ˝
9 = Waadhwa,Ehsaas ( 4.5) - Annapureddy,Rheyansh ( 4.5) = 20 - 16 = ˝ - ˝
10 = Poberezovsky,Daniel ( 4.5) - Kalina,Leo ( 4.0) = 12 - 24 = 1 - 0
11 = Gao,James Lequan ( 4.0) - Zhao,Tiger Chengxin ( 4.0) = 18 - 41 = 1 - 0
12 = Pearl,Oliver ( 4.0) - Morrison,Jennifer ( 4.0) = 23 - 26 = 0 - 1
13 = Anton,Sarah ( 4.0) - Van Sebille,Sulia ( 3.5) = 22 - 19 = 1 - 0
14 = Gao,Daniel Danning ( 3.5) - Cipreanu,Gabriel ( 3.5) = 21 - 37 = 1 - 0
15 = Shawcross,Hartley ( 3.5) - Singh,Surjeet ( 3.5) = 34 - 29 = 1 - 0
16 = Ye,Daniel ( 3.0) - Wildes,John ( 3.5) = 48 - 31 = 0 - 1
17 = Kumar,Kavin ( 3.0) - Akok,Benjamin ( 3.0) = 42 - 35 = 0 - 1
18 = Kodati,Jathin ( 3.0) - Vuong,Vinh ( 3.0) = 36 - 39 = 0 - 1
19 = Brown,Greg ( 3.0) - Athuai,Deng ( 2.5) = 30 - 27 = 1 - 0
20 = Su,Aaron ( 2.0) - Kwok,Emma ( 2.0) = 46 - 43 = 0F-1F
21 = Jenatsch,Daniel ( 2.0) - Ma,Yuqi ( 0.5) = 32 - 45 = 1 - 0

Peter Tsai
03-11-2020, 09:22 PM
Note: Prizes will be rewarded only after Post Tournament Analysis. The Organiser will contact the prize winners

Invitational

Cross Table at round 9 sorted by score

Pos NAME Rtg T Fed Pts | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Buc1 BucT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Fernandez,Daniel Howard 2466 GM OS 7.0 | +W6 +B10 -W2 +B5 =W12 +B7 +B3 =W4 +W9 | 40.5 44.0
2 Dale,Ari 2351 IM VIC 6.5 | +B8 +W11 +B1 +W4 =B7 -W3 +B10 -W5 +B12 | 40.5 44.0
3 Morris,James 2473 IM VIC 6.0 | +B16 =W7 =B4 =W11 +B9 +B2 -W1 +W10 =B5 | 40.5 43.0
4 Sukandar,Irine Kharisma 2413 IM OS 5.5 | +B14 =BYE =W3 -B2 =BYE +W9 =B5 =B1 +W7 | 43.0 46.5
5 Rodgers,Jack 2100 NSW 5.5 | +B13 =W9 =B7 -W1 +B11 =BYE =W4 +B2 =W3 | 42.5 46.5
6 Yang,Ray 2249 FM VIC 5.0 | -B1 -W13 =B15 -W14 +W8 +BYE =B9 +W11 +B16 | 32.5 35.0
7 Tao,Trevor 2366 IM SA 4.5 | +W15 =B3 =W5 +B10 =W2 -W1 =B11 =B12 -B4 | 42.0 45.0
8 Gorka,Carl 2100 VIC 4.5 | -W2 +BYE =B11 -W9 -B6 +W16 =BYE =B14 +B10 | 33.5 36.0
9 Cannon,David 2143 FM VIC 4.0 | =BYE =B5 =W12 +B8 -W3 -B4 =W6 +W15 -B1 | 41.0 44.0
10 Kargosha,Bahman 2092 CM NSW 4.0 | +BYE -W1 +B13 -W7 +B16 +B12 -W2 -B3 -W8 | 40.0 42.5
11 Tan,Justin 2496 GM VIC 4.0 | +W12 -B2 =W8 =B3 -W5 +B13 =W7 -B6 =W14 | 39.0 42.5
12 Winkelman,Albert 2294 FM ACT 4.0 | -B11 +W14 =B9 +W13 =B1 -W10 =B15 =W7 -W2 | 37.0 40.0
13 Ryjanova,Julia 2299 WGM VIC 4.0 | -W5 +B6 -W10 -B12 =B14 -W11 =BYE +W16 +B15 | 31.0 33.5
14 Nemeth,John 2198 VIC 3.5 | -W4 -B12 =BYE +B6 =W13 =W15 -B16 =W8 =B11 | 32.5 35.0
15 Dragicevic,Domagoj 2172 FM VIC 3.0 | -B7 =BYE =W6 =W16 =BYE =B14 =W12 -B9 -W13 | 32.5 35.0
16 Stojic,Dusan 2267 FM QLD 2.5 | -W3 =BYE =BYE =B15 -W10 -B8 +W14 -B13 -W6 | 33.5 36.5

Open

2020 MCC Greg Hjorth Open
Cross Table at round 9 sorted by score

Pos NAME Rtg T Fed Pts | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Buc1 BucT
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Anadkat,Kartavya 2170 IND 7.5 | +B29 +W13 +B6 -W4 +B5 +W16 +B10 +W3 =B2 | 46.5 50.5
2 Poh,Ethan 2009 AUS 6.5 | +B20 +W23 =B11 =W5 +B14 -W3 +B13 +B9 =W1 | 46.0 50.5
3 Ilic,Nicholas 2000 VIC 6.5 | +W41 =B17 +W26 -B10 +W8 +B2 +W4 -B1 +W11 | 46.0 48.5
4 Teo,Hong Ming 1763 AUS 6.0 | +B30 +W14 +B35 +B1 =W9 =W10 -B3 -W6 +B13 | 46.0 49.5
5 Testolin,Ryder 1855 VIC 6.0 | +W25 =B22 +W7 =B2 -W1 =B6 +W32 +B16 =W9 | 45.5 49.0
6 Yan,Emerson 1906 VIC 6.0 | +B27 +W28 -W1 =B15 +B13 =W5 =BYE +B4 =W7 | 45.0 49.0
7 Singgih.Diajeng Theresa 1972 AUS 6.0 | -B11 +W39 -B5 +W30 +B29 +W23 =B14 +W12 =B6 | 40.0 43.0
8 Harris,Anthony 1736 VIC 6.0 | =BYE +B44 +W22 -W9 -B3 +B41 =BYE +W14 +W15 | 38.5 39.0
9 Wang,Kayson 1919 VIC 5.5 | +W32 =B19 +W17 +B8 =B4 =BYE =BYE -W2 =B5 | 46.5 50.0
10 Lu,Lillian 1826 VIC 5.5 | =BYE +B24 +W19 +W3 =BYE =B4 -W1 -B11 +W22 | 45.5 50.0
11 Chang,Sophie 1390 VIC 5.5 | +W7 +B43 =W2 -B35 +W17 =BYE =B12 +W10 -B3 | 45.5 50.0
12 Poberezovsky,Daniel 1781 VIC 5.5 | -W22 +B25 -W15 +B19 +W28 +B27 =W11 -B7 +W29 | 38.5 42.5
13 Li,Tedric 1530 VIC 5.0 | +W31 -B1 +W32 +B26 -W6 +B15 -W2 +B20 -W4 | 44.0 47.5
14 Srinivasan,Arjun B 1063 VIC 5.0 | +W21 -B4 +W24 +B33 -W2 +B18 =W7 -B8 =W16 | 44.0 47.0
15 Embuido,Miguel 1411 VIC 5.0 | -B35 +W34 +B12 =W6 =BYE -W13 +B23 +W19 -B8 | 42.0 45.5
16 Lee,Lachlan 1699 VIC 5.0 | +W36 -B26 +W41 +B28 +W35 -B1 =BYE -W5 =B14 | 40.5 43.0
17 Waadhwa,Ehsaas 1497 VIC 5.0 | +B37 =W3 -B9 +W27 -B11 =W22 =BYE +B32 =W18 | 39.0 42.0
18 Annapureddy,Rheyansh Reddy 1554 VIC 5.0 | +B34 -W35 -B27 +W31 +B20 -W14 =B24 +W28 =B17 | 36.5 40.0
19 Anton,Sarah 1467 WCM VIC 5.0 | +B42 =W9 -B10 -W12 =W24 +B30 +W27 -B15 +W33 | 36.5 39.5
20 Morrison,Jennifer 1405 VIC 5.0 | -W2 =BYE =BYE +B42 -W18 +B31 +W41 -W13 +B28 | 35.5 38.0
21 Gao,James Lequan 1527 VIC 5.0 | -B14 +W30 =BYE =BYE -B27 -W24 +W31 +B33 +W26 | 34.0 37.0
22 Keshtiar,Adeeb 1283 VIC 4.5 | +B12 =W5 -B8 =BYE =W33 =B17 =BYE +W24 -B10 | 41.5 44.5
23 Gao,Daniel Danning 1486 VIC 4.5 | +W40 -B2 =BYE =BYE +W26 -B7 -W15 =B25 +W34 | 38.5 40.5
24 Shawcross,Hartley 1264 VIC 4.5 | =BYE -W10 -B14 +W44 =B19 +B21 =W18 -B22 +W32 | 38.0 38.5
25 Wildes,John 1305 VIC 4.5 | -B5 -W12 -B34 -W36 +B44 +W40 +B37 =W23 +B38 | 30.0 30.5
26 Zhao,Tiger Chengxin 1054 VIC 4.0 | +B33 +W16 -B3 -W13 -B23 +W29 -B28 +W27 -B21 | 38.0 41.0
27 Brown,Greg 1327 VIC 4.0 | -W6 +B40 +W18 -B17 +W21 -W12 -B19 -B26 +W41 | 38.0 40.0
28 Pearl,Oliver 1467 VIC 4.0 | +W38 -B6 +W31 -W16 -B12 +B37 +W26 -B18 -W20 | 37.5 39.5
29 Kalina,Leo 1424 VIC 4.0 | -W1 -B31 +W44 +B37 -W7 -B26 +W38 +B30 -B12 | 35.5 36.0
30 Akok,Benjamin 1200 VIC 4.0 | -W4 -B21 +W40 -B7 +BYE -W19 +B42 -W29 +B37 | 35.0 37.0
31 Vuong,Vinh 1078 VIC 4.0 | -B13 +W29 -B28 -B18 +W39 -W20 -B21 +W42 +B36 | 34.5 37.5
32 Singh,Surjeet 1376 VIC 3.5 | -B9 +W42 -B13 =W38 +B34 +W33 -B5 -W17 -B24 | 35.5 37.5
33 Van Sebille,Sulia 1500 VIC 3.5 | -W26 +BYE +B38 -W14 =B22 -B32 +W34 -W21 -B19 | 34.0 36.0
34 Cipreanu,Gabriel 1127 AUS 3.5 | -W18 -B15 +W25 =B41 -W32 +B39 -B33 +W40 -B23 | 31.0 33.0
35 Bayaca,Sterling (W) 2053 NSW 3.0 | +W15 +B18 -W4 +W11 -B16 -- -- -- -- | 41.5 45.5
36 Kodati,Jathin 1181 AUS 3.0 | -B16 -BYE -W42 +B25 -W37 =BYE =BYE +B41 -W31 | 30.0 32.5
37 Kumar,Kavin 977 AUS 3.0 | -W17 -B41 +B39 -W29 +B36 -W28 -W25 +B44 -W30 | 30.0 30.5
38 Ye,Daniel 1 AUS 3.0 | -B28 +BYE -W33 =B32 -W41 =BYE -B29 +BYE -W25 | 28.5 31.0
39 Jenatsch,Daniel 1300 AUS 3.0 | -W43 -B7 -W37 +B40 -B31 -W34 +BYE -BYE +W44 | 28.5 29.0
40 Kwok,Emma 925 VIC 3.0 | -B23 -W27 -B30 -W39 +BYE -B25 +W44 -B34 +BYE | 27.0 27.5
41 Athuai,Deng 1400 VIC 2.5 | -B3 +W37 -B16 =W34 +B38 -W8 -B20 -W36 -B27 | 36.5 38.5
42 Su,Aaron 641 AUS 2.0 | -W19 -B32 +B36 -W20 -BYE +B44 -W30 -B31 -BYE | 31.5 32.0
43 Savige,Colin B (W) 1817 VIC 1.0 | +B39 -W11 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- | 31.0 33.0
44 Ma,Yuqi 690 VIC 0.5 | =BYE -W8 -B29 -B24 -W25 -W42 -B40 -W37 -B39 | 32.5 34.5

Open Rating Group Scores after Round 9

Group limits: OPEN
1 7.5 2 Anadkat,Kartavya | 2170 IND | 46.5 50.5
2 6.5 4 Poh,Ethan | 2009 AUS | 46.0 50.5
3 6.5 5 Ilic,Nicholas | 2000 VIC | 46.0 48.5
4 3.0 3 Bayaca,Sterling (W) | 2053 NSW | 41.5 45.5

Group limits: RATING GROUP 1
1 6.0 13 Teo,Hong Ming | 1763 AUS | 46.0 49.5
2 6.0 9 Testolin,Ryder | 1855 VIC | 45.5 49.0
3 6.0 8 Yan,Emerson | 1906 VIC | 45.0 49.0
4 6.0 6 Singgih.Diajeng Ther | 1972 AUS | 40.0 43.0
5 6.0 14 Harris,Anthony | 1736 VIC | 38.5 39.0
6 5.5 7 Wang,Kayson | 1919 VIC | 46.5 50.0
7 5.5 10 Lu,Lillian | 1826 VIC | 45.5 50.0
8 5.5 12 Poberezovsky,Daniel | 1781 VIC | 38.5 42.5
9 5.0 15 Lee,Lachlan | 1699 VIC | 40.5 43.0
10 1.0 11 Savige,Colin B (W) | 1817 VIC | 31.0 33.0

Group limits: RATING GROUP 2
1 5.0 17 Li,Tedric | 1530 VIC | 44.0 47.5
2 5.0 25 Embuido,Miguel | 1411 VIC | 42.0 45.5
3 5.0 20 Waadhwa,Ehsaas | 1497 VIC | 39.0 42.0
4 5.0 16 Annapureddy,Rheyansh | 1554 VIC | 36.5 40.0
5 5.0 22 Anton,Sarah | 1467 WCM VIC | 36.5 39.5
6 5.0 18 Gao,James Lequan | 1527 VIC | 34.0 37.0
7 4.5 21 Gao,Daniel Danning | 1486 VIC | 38.5 40.5
8 4.0 23 Pearl,Oliver | 1467 VIC | 37.5 39.5
9 4.0 24 Kalina,Leo | 1424 VIC | 35.5 36.0
10 3.5 19 Van Sebille,Sulia | 1500 VIC | 34.0 36.0

Group limits: RATING GROUP 3
1 5.5 28 Chang,Sophie | 1390 VIC | 45.5 50.0
2 5.0 26 Morrison,Jennifer | 1405 VIC | 35.5 38.0
3 4.5 33 Keshtiar,Adeeb | 1283 VIC | 41.5 44.5
4 4.5 34 Shawcross,Hartley | 1264 VIC | 38.0 38.5
5 4.5 31 Wildes,John | 1305 VIC | 30.0 30.5
6 4.0 30 Brown,Greg | 1327 VIC | 38.0 40.0
7 4.0 35 Akok,Benjamin | 1200 VIC | 35.0 37.0
8 3.5 29 Singh,Surjeet | 1376 VIC | 35.5 37.5
9 3.0 32 Jenatsch,Daniel | 1300 AUS | 28.5 29.0
10 2.5 27 Athuai,Deng | 1400 VIC | 36.5 38.5

Group limits: RATING GROUP 4
1 5.0 40 Srinivasan,Arjun B | 1063 VIC | 44.0 47.0
2 4.0 41 Zhao,Tiger Chengxin | 1054 VIC | 38.0 41.0
3 4.0 39 Vuong,Vinh | 1078 VIC | 34.5 37.5
4 3.5 37 Cipreanu,Gabriel | 1127 AUS | 31.0 33.0
5 3.0 36 Kodati,Jathin | 1181 AUS | 30.0 32.5
6 3.0 42 Kumar,Kavin | 977 AUS | 30.0 30.5
7 3.0 48 Ye,Daniel | 1 AUS | 28.5 31.0
8 3.0 43 Kwok,Emma | 925 VIC | 27.0 27.5
9 2.0 46 Su,Aaron | 641 AUS | 31.5 32.0
10 0.5 45 Ma,Yuqi | 690 VIC | 32.5 34.5

Thai Ly
03-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Many thanks to all the players and the arbiters for their involvement in the Greg Hjorth Online Classic.

MCC also thanks the Hjorth family, whose support for the event was vital for its smooth organisation.

Thai Ly
03-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Dale v Morris
Ari's momentum at the top of the standings was brought to a halt as James played an exemplary Nimzo game as black. Temporarily saccing a pawn to give white doubled c and f-pawns, James converted his positional advantage into a material one and he adroitly won by pushing his a-pawn to promotion.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "6.1"]
[White "Dale, Ari"]
[Black "Morris, James"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2351"]
[BlackElo "2473"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nc3 Bb4 4. e3 0-0 5. Bd3 Re8 6. Nf3 d6 7. 0-0 Bxc3 8. bxc3
e5 9. dxe5 dxe5 10. Nxe5 Qe7 11. Nf3 Nb8d7 12. e4 Ne5 13. Nxe5 Qxe5 14. Qe2 Bf5
15. exf5 Qxe2 16. Bxe2 Rxe2 17. Be3 Ne4 18. Rfd1 Nxc3 19. Rd3 Rxa2 20. Rf1 Rc2
21. Re1 Ne4 22. Re1d1 h5 23. f3 Nd6 24. c5 Nxf5 25. Bf2 a5 26. g4 hxg4 27. fxg4
Ne7 28. Rd8+ Rxd8 29. Rxd8+ Kh7 30. Rd7 Nc6 31. Rxf7 a4 32. Rf3 Ne5 33. Rg3 Nc4
34. g5 Kg6 35. h4 a3 36. Bd4 a2 37. h5+ Kxh5 38. Bxg7 Kg6 39. Bf6 Nb2 40. Ra3
Rc1+ 41. Kg2 a1=Q {#R} 0-1

Tao v Fernandaz
Daniel joined Ari and James in a 3-way lead on 4.5/6 by squeezing blood from the figurative stone that was the rook endgame he had against Trevor. Pushing both the b and h-pawns to the 7th rank was too much for Trevor to resist.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "6.2"]
[White "Tao, Trevor"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2366"]
[BlackElo "2466"]

1. c4 g6 2. Nc3 c5 3. g3 Bg7 4. Bg2 Nc6 5. d3 e6 6. Bxc6 dxc6 7. Kf1 h5 8. h4
Nh6 9. Kg2 Nf5 10. Nh3 e5 11. Bd2 Nd4 12. Rb1 b6 13. f3 f6 14. a3 Be6 15. b4
cxb4 16. axb4 Qd7 17. Nf2 Kf7 18. Nf2e4 Rhd8 19. Ra1 Bf8 20. Qb1 b5 21. cxb5
cxb5 22. Be3 a6 23. Qb2 Rdc8 24. Rhb1 Bd5 25. Nxd5 Qxd5 26. Qa2 Qxa2 27. Rxa2
Ne6 28. Rb1a1 Rc6 29. Ra5 f5 30. Nc5 f4 31. Nxe6 Rxe6 32. Bd2 Rc8 33. R1a2 fxg3
34. Kxg3 Rc8c6 35. Rb2 Be7 36. Be3 Rc8 37. Rb2a2 Bxb4 38. Rxa6 Be1+ 39. Bf2
Bxf2+ 40. Kxf2 Rxa6 41. Rxa6 Rb8 42. Ke3 b4 43. Kd2 b3 44. Ra1 g5 45. hxg5 Kg6
46. Ke3 h4 47. f4 b2 48. Rb1 h3 49. fxe5 h2 50. Ke4 Rc8 {#R} 0-1

Winkelman v Kargosha
Bahman continue his good tournament form by defusing Albert's King's Gambit. Some nifty exploitation of Albert's weakened back by Bahman pressured Albert to disadvantageously exchange queens when Bahman's advanced and protected pass f-pawn was positionally decisive.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "6.3"]
[White "Winkelman, Albert"]
[Black "Kargosha, Bahman"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2294"]
[BlackElo "2092"]

1. e4 e5 2. f4 d5 3. exd5 exf4 4. Nf3 Nf6 5. Nc3 Nxd5 6. Bc4 Be6 7. Nxd5 Bxd5 8.
Bxd5 Qxd5 9. 0-0 Nc6 10. Qe2+ Be7 11. d4 g5 12. c4 Qe6 13. Qd3 Qg6 14. Qb3 0-0-0
15. d5 Bc5+ 16. Kh1 Nd4 17. Nxd4 Bxd4 18. Bd2 Rhe8 19. Rae1 Rxe1 20. Rxe1 Bf2
21. Rf1 Re8 22. Qc3 Qh5! 23. Qh3+ Qxh3 24. gxh3 Bd4 25. Rd1 Bxb2 26. h4 f6 27.
hxg5 fxg5 28. h4 h6 29. Kg2 Re4 30. Kf3 Rd4 {#R} 0-1

Sukander v Cannon
It is always a challenge to navigate heavy theoretical waters, as David found out when playing the Scheveningen line of the Sicilian. Irine lured David into capturing her c-pawn after which Irine bishop and queen penetrated into David's uncoordinated position with decisive effect.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "6.4"]
[White "Kharisma Sukandar, Irine"]
[Black "Cannon, David"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2413"]
[BlackElo "2143"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 e6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 d6 6. Be2 Be7 7. 0-0 0-0 8. Be3
a6 9. a4 Nc6 10. Kh1 Qc7 11. f4 Re8 12. Qe1 Nxd4 13. Bxd4 e5 14. fxe5 dxe5 15.
Qg3 Bd8 16. Be3 Kh8 17. Rad1 Be6 18. Bg5 Ng8 19. Be3 f6 20. Bh5 Re7 21. Bg4 Qc4
22. Bxe6 Rxe6 23. Qg4 Ba5 24. Nd5 Rd6 25. b3 Qxc2 26. b4 Bd8 27. Bc5 Rc6 28. Bf8
g6 29. Qd7 Be7 30. Bxe7 {#r} 1-0

Thai Ly
03-11-2020, 11:19 PM
Morris v Fernandez
Daniel scored a hugely important win over James that would have a big effect on the final tournament results. James appeared to hold all the aces when he had the advanced c and d-pawns and the attack, but in what appears to be mistakes arising from time trouble, James threw his advantage and then equality away, surrendering control of white's back rank and an unstoppable attack against the king to Daniel.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "7.1"]
[White "Morris, James"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2473"]
[BlackElo "2466"]

1. d4 d6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. Nf3 Nc6 5. d5 Ne5 6. Nxe5 Bxe5 7. e4 c5 8. Bd3
Bg7 9. 0-0 Nf6 10. h3 e6 11. Bg5 h6 12. Bh4 e5 13. Re1 Bd7 14. f4 exf4 15. e5
dxe5 16. Rxe5+ Kf8 17. Qc2 g5 18. Bf2 b6 19. Ra1e1 Ne8 20. R5e2 Nd6 21. Ne4 Qc7
22. b4 Nxe4 23. Bxe4 Re8 24. bxc5 bxc5 25. Bf5 Rxe2 26. Qxe2 Bf6 27. Bxd7 Qxd7
28. Bxc5+ Kg7 29. Qe4 Rc8 30. Bd4 Qa4 31. Bxf6+ Kxf6 32. Qe5+ Kg6 33. c5 Qxa2
34. c6 Qd2 35. Ra1 a5 36. Kh1 Qe3 37. Qd6+ Kg7 38. Ra3? Qc1+ 39. Kh2 Re8! {#R} 0-1

Kargosha v Dale
Ari outplayed Bahman in a tricky B+N vs 2B ending. Bahman won one of Ari's bishops by promoting the d-pawn, but the cost was the decisive advance of Ari's b and c-pawns in combination with Ari's remaining bishop.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "7.2"]
[Black "Dale, Ari"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2092"]
[BlackElo "2351"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 d5 4. cxd5 Nxd5 5. e4 Nxc3 6. bxc3 Bg7 7. Qa4+ Qd7 8.
Bb5 c6 9. Be2 0-0 10. Qa3 e5 11. Nf3 exd4 12. cxd4 b6 13. Rb1 Re8 14. e5 Bf8 15.
Qa4 Qf5 16. Rxb6 axb6 17. Qxa8 Bb4+ 18. Kd1 Be6 19. Qa4 Qb1 20. Qc2 Qxa2 21.
Qxa2 Bxa2 22. Kc2 c5 23. Bb5 Rc8 24. Kb2 Bd5 25. Be3 c4 26. Ra1 Ba5 27. Ng5 Nc6
28. Bxc6 Bxc6 29. f3 Ra8 30. Kc2 b5 31. Ne4 b4 32. d5 Bb7 33. Bd4 Bd8 34. Rxa8
Bxa8 35. d6 Bc6 36. Bc5 Ba4+ 37. Kc1 Ba5 38. Nf6+ Kg7 39. d7 b3 40. Be7 c3 41.
d8=Q Bxd8 42. Bxd8 b2+ 43. Kb1 Bb5 {#T} 0-1

Thai Ly
03-11-2020, 11:35 PM
Fernandez v Sukander
Not Daniel's proudest game, but he did well enough to get an important draw against Irine after quickly getting a pawn down. Despite being a pawn down in the rook ending, Daniel's position seldom appeared to outside of the margins of a draw.
[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "8.1"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "2466"]
[BlackElo "2413"]

1. Nf3 Nf6 2. c4 c5 3. g3 g6 4. Bg2 Bg7 5. 0-0 0-0 6. Nc3 Nc6 7. d4 cxd4 8. Nxd4
Qa5 9. h3 Qc5 10. Nxc6 dxc6 11. b3 Qh5 12. e3 Bxh3 13. Qxh5 Nxh5 14. Bxh3 Bxc3
15. Rb1 Rfd8 16. b4 Bd2 17. Bg2 Bxc1 18. Rfxc1 Rd2 19. b5 Rxa2 20. bxc6 bxc6 21.
Bxc6 Rc8 22. Bf3 Ra5 23. Ra1 Rxc4 24. Rxa5 Rxc1+ 25. Kg2 Rc7 26. Bxh5 gxh5 27.
f4 e6 28. Rxh5 f5 29. e4 fxe4 30. Re5 Rc2+ 31. Kh3 Rc4 32. Kg4 Kf7 33. Rh5 Kg6
34. Ra5 Rc7 35. Ra4 h5+ 36. Kh3 e5 37. Rxe4 exf4 38. gxf4 Rc3+ 39. Kh4 Ra3 40.
Re5 Ra4 41. Rg5+ Kf6 42. Rxh5 Rxf4+ 43. Kg3 Rb4 44. Kf3 Ke6 45. Ke3 Kd6 46. Kd3
Kc6 47. Kc3 Rb1 48. Rh2 a5 49. Rb2 Rh1 50. Kb3 Rh4 51. Ka3 {#d} 1/2-1/2

Dale v Rodgers
A shock result, as Jack scored another upset win as black to go with his earlier win over Justin Tan. This time, Ari over-pressed in the middle-game and exchanged down to an ending where his over-extended pawns were picked off by Jack's active rooks and knight.
[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "8.2"]
[White "Dale, Ari"]
[Black "Rodgers, Jack"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2351"]
[BlackElo "2100"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 c5 3. d5 e5 4. Nc3 d6 5. e4 Be7 6. Ng1e2 h5 7. h4 Na6 8. f3 Bd7
9. g3 Nc7 10. Ng1 a6 11. a4 b6 12. Bh3 Rb8 13. f4 Ng4 14. Nf3 exf4 15. Bxf4 0-0
16. Nh2 Nxh2 17. Bxd7 Qxd7 18. Rxh2 g6 19. Bh6 Rfe8 20. Qf3 Bf8 21. Bxf8 Kxf8
22. g4 Qxg4 23. Qxg4 hxg4 24. Kf2 Rb7 25. Kg3 b5 26. Re1 Re5 27. Kxg4 bxa4 28.
Rf2 Ne8 29. Re1f1 Kg7 30. Rf4 f6 31. Ra1 Rxb2 32. Rxa4 f5+ 33. Kg3 Rb3 34. Rf3
Nf6 35. Nd1 Nxe4+ 36. Kg2 Rxf3 37. Kxf3 Nd2+ 38. Kg3 Re4 39. Nf2 Rd4 40. Rxa6
Nxc4 41. Nh3 Rg4+ 42. Kf3 Ne5+ 43. Kf2 Rxh4 44. Kg3 Rg4+ 45. Kf2 Nc4 46. Kf3 Kf6
47. Nf2 Rd4 48. Ra8 Ne5+ 49. Kg3 Rxd5 50. Rf8+ Nf7 51. Re8 c4 52. Nh3 g5 53. Rc8
Rd3+ 54. Kg2 d5 55. Nf2 Ra3 56. Rc7 Ne5 57. Nh3 f4 58. Nf2 Ra2 59. Kh3 Rxf2 60.
Rf7+ Nxf7 {#R} 0-1

Thai Ly
03-11-2020, 11:51 PM
Fernandez v Cannon
Daniel finished with a win for the game and tournament. Again, he can thank his endgame play which in this game eventuated in a position where his knight, king and advanced passed b and c-pawns penetrated decisively into David's position.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "9.1"]
[Black "Cannon, David"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2466"]
[BlackElo "2143"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 e6 3. c3 d5 4. exd5 Qxd5 5. Na3 Nf6 6. d4 cxd4 7. Nb5 Qd8 8.
Nb5xd4 Be7 9. Bb5+ Bd7 10. Ne5 Bxb5 11. Nxb5 0-0 12. Qxd8 Bxd8 13. Bg5 a6 14.
Nd4 Nf6d7 15. Nxd7 Nxd7 16. Bxd8 Rfxd8 17. 0-0-0 Rac8 18. Nb3 Kf8 19. Rd4 Ne5
20. Rh1d1 Rxd4 21. Rxd4 Ke7 22. Kc2 h5 23. a4 g6 24. Rb4 Rc7 25. Na5 Ng4 26.
Rxb7 Kd7 27. h3 Nxf2 28. b4 Ne4 29. Kd3 Nd6 30. Rxc7+ Kxc7 31. c4 f5 32. c5 Nf7
33. b5 axb5 34. axb5 e5 35. b6+ Kc8 36. h4 e4+ 37. Kd4 Nd8 38. c6 Ne6+ 39. Ke5
f4 {#r} 1-0

Rodgers v Morris
Jack ended a very good tournament by holding firm against creative play by James. Saccing a exchange for a pawn and some initiative gave James some chance to play on, but with less time on the clock in a complex position he decided that discretion was the better part of valour.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "9.2"]
[White "Rodgers, Jack"]
[Black "Morris, James"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "2100"]
[BlackElo "2473"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. Bg5 c5 3. d5 Ne4 4. Bf4 Qb6 5. Bc1 g6 6. f3 Nd6 7. Nc3 Bg7 8. e4
0-0 9. h4 f5 10. h5 fxe4 11. hxg6 hxg6 12. Qd2 Qb4 13. a3 Qd4 14. Qg5 Qf6 15.
Qxf6 exf6 16. Bf4 Nf7 17. fxe4 Re8 18. 0-0-0 d6 19. Nb5 Rxe4 20. Nc7 Rxf4 21.
Nxa8 f5 22. Nc7 Nd7 23. Ne6 Rg4 24. Nxg7 Kxg7 25. Nf3 Nde5 26. Rh2 f4 27. Be2
Rg3 28. Rd1h1 Bf5 29. Nxe5 Nxe5 30. Rf1 {#d} 1/2-1/2

Winkelman v Dale
Ari recovered from his loss in the penultimate round to win against Albert. Gaining middle-game advantage out of the Caro-Kann, Ari used his pawn advantage and active rooks to exchange down to a rook ending which he won by activating his sole rook more effectively than Albert.

[Site ""]
[Date "2020.10.30"]
[Round "9.3"]
[White "Winkelman, Albert"]
[Black "Dale, Ari"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "2294"]
[BlackElo "2351"]

1. e4 c6 2. d4 d5 3. e5 Bf5 4. h4 h5 5. Bd3 Bxd3 6. Qxd3 Qa5+ 7. Nd2 e6 8. Nf3
Nh6 9. 0-0 Nf5 10. c4 Be7 11. g3 0-0 12. Rd1 Rd8 13. c5 b6 14. cxb6 axb6 15. Nf1
c5 16. Bg5 Bxg5 17. Nxg5 cxd4 18. Qf3 g6 19. g4 hxg4 20. Qf4 Nc6 21. Nh2 Kg7 22.
Nxg4 Rh8 23. Nf3 Qb4 24. Rac1 d3 25. Qxb4 Nxb4 26. a3 Nc2 27. Rxd3 Ra4 28. Ng4h2
Nc2d4 29. Rc7 Nxf3+ 30. Nxf3 Nxh4 31. Nxh4 Ra4xh4 32. Rb7 Rh1+ 33. Kg2 R8h2+ 34.
Kf3 Re1 35. Kg3 Rh5 36. Rxb6 Rg5+ 37. Kf3 Rf5+ 38. Kg2 Re2 39. Rf3 Rg5+ 40. Kf1
Rg5xe5 41. Rb7 Re1+ 42. Kg2 Rg5+ 43. Kh2 Rf5 44. Rxf5 gxf5 45. f4 Kg6 46. a4 d4
47. Rd7 Re2+ 48. Kg3 Rxb2 49. Rxd4 Kh5 50. Rd3 Ra2 51. Rd4 Ra3+ 52. Kf2 Kg4 53.
Rb4 f6 54. Rc4 Ra2+ 55. Ke3 Kg3 56. Rc6 Ra3+ 57. Kd2 e5 58. fxe5 fxe5 59. Rg6+
Kf4 60. Rh6 Ke4 61. Ra6 f4 62. Ra5 f3 63. Ke1 Kf4 {#R} 0-1

Thai Ly
03-11-2020, 11:53 PM
Just a reminder that all games played in the Invitational and Open tournaments can be viewed (and downloaded as PGN files) on the Tornelo website for the tournament: https://tornelo.com/chess/orgs/melbourne-chess-club/events/2020-mcc-greg-hjorth-online-classic/lobby.

Thai Ly
06-11-2020, 12:48 PM
We have now finalised the results from the Invitational tournament (the Open tournament is taking a bit longer due to a higher volume of game data).

Congratulations to following prize winners:

Invitational Prizes
1st - GM Daniel Fernandez (7/9) - $600
2nd - IM Ari Dale (6.5/9) - $400
3rd - IM James Morris (6/9) - $250
=4th - IM Irine Sukander and Jack Rodgers (5.5/9) - $75 each

Nimish Raut
12-11-2020, 12:41 AM
Jack is a champion ��

Thai Ly
13-11-2020, 08:16 PM
We have now finalised the results from the Open tournament.

Congratulations to following prize winners:

Open Prizes
(RG = Rating Group)
1st Open - Kartavya Anadkat (7.5/9) - $400
=2nd Open - Ethan Poh, and Nicholas Ilic (6.5/9) - $250 each

=1st RG1 & =4th Open - Hong Ming Teo, Ryder Testolin, Emerson Yan, Diajeng Theresa Singgih, and Anthony Harris (6/9) - $75 each

=1st RG2 - Tedric Li, Miguel Embuido, Ehsaas Waadhwa, Rheyansh Annapureddy, Sarah Anton, and James Lequan Gao (5/9) - $37.50 each

1st RG3 - Sophie Chang (5.5/9) - $150
2nd RG3 - Jennifer Morrison (5/9) - $75

1st RG4 - Arjun B Srinivasan (5/9) - $150
=2nd RG4 - Tiger Chengxin Zhao, and Vinh Vuong (4/9) - $37.50 each