PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theories

antichrist
07-01-2005, 02:15 PM
A week ago I established a thread on conspiracy theories the purposes of which was to demonstrate how if someone says something that people tend to believe that is the person's view, especially coming from myself a controversial figure, or if it falls on fertile ground it will take root. I was already expecting a similar thoery to my example re the tsunami victims to do the rounds just as one did after 9/11.

My purpose was to stimulate people not to accept stated views at face value and when they showed they had swallowed the bait to expose the fallacy of my theory so that they will establish critical thinking especially concerning the context of statements.

I now realise that my intentions could be misinterpreted and cause extra hurt to a people who have already suffered greatly throughout history and to whom I have sometimes went to great lengths and exposed myself to protect from further prejudice.

Accordingly I sincerely apologise if I have caused suffering to such people whom overall I greatly respect.

Kaitlin
07-01-2005, 03:27 PM
:uhoh: Just because someone is trying to kill you it does not mean your paranoid :uhoh:

Bill Gletsos
10-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Seems others also believe in the conspiracy theory.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11866914%255E13762,00.html

Trent Parker
11-01-2005, 06:52 AM

lol what tools :D :D

Haven't they heard about build up of seismic tension in the area thus causing the large earthquake.

antichrist
11-01-2005, 05:45 PM

That is exactly what I was getting at and exposing, just as they were blamed for 9/11, I used the same terminology.

Kaitlin
15-01-2005, 08:27 AM
I just saw an ad on SBS tv...

next tuesday (the 18th) at 8:30

"September the 11th didnt happen"

mmm that didnt take long.

antichrist
15-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I admit I am answering this thread purely to have five threads in Non Chess with last posts as my own, looks neat.

The weakest theory is that Jesus rose from the dead just because his cave/grave may have happened to be empty. So many possibilities???

Kaitlin
15-01-2005, 10:28 PM
if your are heading south... then you are walking down hill

Kaitlin
23-01-2005, 09:15 PM
:) Happy Tree Friends and Friends :)

antichrist
23-01-2005, 09:25 PM

But what about if you come to Mt Kosiosko (?)?

Alan Shore
23-01-2005, 09:27 PM
:) Happy Tree Friends and Friends :)

They want to ban Spongebob yet they show HTF... that is a conspiracy alright. :rolleyes:

The silly thing is I've seen better computer Flash animation than HTF with the talents of just one person rather than the team of people that work on HTF.

i.e. http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/189081

(click on 'watch this movie').

Kaitlin
23-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Kaitlin

But what about if you come to Mt Kosiosko (?)?

mmm... you could walk around it. Wait I thought some more on it and for my conspiracy theroy #2... you dont even have to walk south (ignoring hills and mountains). Think of the earth as a circle and no mater where you stand you are upright and no-one wants to stand on a slope right so you so you always stand where you are uprigthest (ignoring when your laying down but no one likes sleeping on a slope so that doesnt even count)..... sooooo the best place to stand is on the top of the circle. So the first step and every step you take... is downhill... and in fact the top of the circle follows you, so after you take a step it follows you around and you are back on the top again... you cant get away from it. Hence every step you take is downhill.

There I just made walking easier :P.

antichrist
23-01-2005, 11:55 PM
But what about if you have a shovel with you and with each step you shovel an increasing number of loads of dirt in front of you.

Rincewind
24-01-2005, 12:08 AM
mmm... you could walk around it. Wait I thought some more on it and for my conspiracy theroy #2... you dont even have to walk south (ignoring hills and mountains). Think of the earth as a circle and no mater where you stand you are upright and no-one wants to stand on a slope right so you so you always stand where you are uprigthest (ignoring when your laying down but no one likes sleeping on a slope so that doesnt even count)..... sooooo the best place to stand is on the top of the circle. So the first step and every step you take... is downhill... and in fact the top of the circle follows you, so after you take a step it follows you around and you are back on the top again... you cant get away from it. Hence every step you take is downhill.

There I just made walking easier :P.

That would be true but for one thing. Walking down hill is only easier if you are walking from a position of higher to lower potential energy.

Assuming slices of the earth were perfect circles the problem is this. Imagine field lines of equipotential energy. These too would be concentric circles. When you are walking parallel to the equipotential lines (even if those lines are not straight) it is not an easier walk as you are not cashing in any potential energy.

I know you're not being serious, but sometimes it is fun to think about why silly ideas are silly. Or maybe it's just the time.

Kaitlin
24-01-2005, 08:54 PM
That would be true but for one thing. Walking down hill is only easier if you are walking from a position of higher to lower potential energy.

Assuming slices of the earth were perfect circles the problem is this. Imagine field lines of equipotential energy. These too would be concentric circles. When you are walking parallel to the equipotential lines (even if those lines are not straight) it is not an easier walk as you are not cashing in any potential energy.

I know you're not being serious, but sometimes it is fun to think about why silly ideas are silly. Or maybe it's just the time.

This is why you will never be a God. Even the sillyist person knows that a slice is a wedge and not a circle..... :shhh:

:uhoh: ~ goes to find dictionary for them other words ~

Rincewind
24-01-2005, 09:47 PM
This is why you will never be a God. Even the sillyist person knows that a slice is a wedge and not a circle..... :shhh:

I was talking about the slice made a plane passing though the centre the of the earth. Take an orange, slice it in two and look at the shape of the slice. I think you will get my drift.

Kaitlin
24-01-2005, 10:02 PM
I was talking about the slice made a plane passing though the centre the of the earth. Take an orange, slice it in two and look at the shape of the slice. I think you will get my drift.

I stand by my orginal stmentpost thats why I put da :shhh: at the end
...... i know you ment slicing along them round lines that dont join rather then the ones that meet at the poles.. but tell me who doesnt think of cake as soon as they hear slice :ko:

Kaitlin
24-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Bruce Dickinson

They want to ban Spongebob yet they show HTF... that is a conspiracy alright.

Specialy since i like the Spongebob and Patrick confront the pykick wall of engery of indesision song.

Kaitlin
12-03-2005, 08:33 PM
...the word:

"fine"

:classic:

Lucena
14-03-2005, 02:29 PM

Link's inactive. Can someone tell me what it said?

Kaitlin
14-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Link's inactive. Can someone tell me what it said?

nope... i clickered on it and now it say... you can read it buttttt... you have to pay!!! - smells like a conspiracy to me :paranoid:

antichrist
17-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Matt's banning and setting up of other site was puppeteered by admin to keep interest and BB alive.

they are also behind me and strip chess threads

Kaitlin
05-11-2005, 06:35 PM
???? is a CIA agent looking for subversive chess tychismers

four four two
05-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Im trying to "decipher" that last post :hmm:

Dozy
06-11-2005, 04:16 AM
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,11866914%255E13762,00.htmlMany years ago the Scientific American published a story titled There is Nothing New Under the Sun in which they explained that the world's first wrist watch was owned by Alexander the Great.

It didn't have a face, numbers or hands -- it was a piece of cloth his alchemists had soaked in photo-sensitive chemicals. He tied it around his wrist for convenience and the colours changed with the intensity of the sun, allowing him to estimate the approximate time of day.

It was known as Alexander's rag time band.

My apologies to anybody too young to know the song (except Belthasar who seems to know lots of unlikely things) but the point of repeating it here is that one of the French magazines (the French language apparently doesn't contain words for humour or leg-pulling) re-printed the story, quoting the original spoof in Scientific American as source material.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I had a similar experience a few years ago when the editor of the St. Marys Star rang and explained that the debate over the Australian Defence Industries Site at St Marys was getting overheated. She said, "Can you lighten it off a bit?"

So I invented an environmentalist named Kit Astrophe who discovered oil on the site (a la Jed Clampett) and gave St. Mary's full OPEC membership . . . and all this in a column called Off the Air.

You can read it here if you want to: http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adslpu7j/offtheair/goodoil.html"

She (the editor, not Kit) telephoned a week later and said, "I don't know what kind of fools read my paper but you wouldn't believe how many people have rung asking if it's true.

And these are the same people who get a vote at election time!

Basil
26-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Many years ago the Scientific American published a story titled There is Nothing New Under the Sun in which they explained that the world's first wrist watch was owned by Alexander the Great.

It didn't have a face, numbers or hands -- it was a piece of cloth his alchemists had soaked in photo-sensitive chemicals. He tied it around his wrist for convenience and the colours changed with the intensity of the sun, allowing him to estimate the approximate time of day.

It was known as Alexander's rag time band....

This is what I miss about Dozy! Anyhow, Axiom there seems to be some material here for you.

antichrist
26-12-2010, 05:04 PM
In SMH 21/12 article titled "conspiracy fears at fever pitch, about psychological background of such theorists, that seems to fit the bill for such people that I am familiar with.

so the mystery is solved as to what motivates them