PDA

View Full Version : Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Gnostic Bishop
24-07-2020, 05:46 AM
Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

ER
24-07-2020, 07:23 AM
not in the case of Bobby Fischer! who's Yahweh btw?

Gnostic Bishop
25-07-2020, 02:56 AM
not in the case of Bobby Fischer! who's Yahweh btw?

A real genocidal prick of a satanic god, -- that Christians see as good.

They call evil good.

Check him out and you will agree if you are a moral person.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=yahweh&cvid=304ce41840fa4ec681ea20292e5ee99c&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=ASTS

Regards
DL

ER
22-08-2020, 07:09 PM
A real genocidal prick of a satanic god, -- that Christians see as good.

They call evil good.

Check him out and you will agree if you are a moral person.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=yahweh&cvid=304ce41840fa4ec681ea20292e5ee99c&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=ASTS

Regards
DL

oh ok I didn't know you were joking!

Kevin Bonham
23-08-2020, 02:18 AM
I'd actually be quite keen to live forever (or for much longer than humans live for anyway) on the conditions that I remain in good health, that others get the same good fortune, and that I can still have a pension for life when I get to whatever the pension age is! I would not get permanently bored in a hundred thousand years. There is always more to experience and learn.

antichrist
23-08-2020, 05:50 AM
I'd actually be quite keen to live forever (or for much longer than humans live for anyway) on the conditions that I remain in good health, that others get the same good fortune, and that I can still have a pension for life when I get to whatever the pension age is! I would not get permanently bored in a hundred thousand years. There is always more to experience and learn.

With me on the same planet I doubt it. I would accompany you only if the problem of evil was solved and rap music banned.

Patrick Byrom
23-08-2020, 08:51 PM
Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it. It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
I've always assumed that in heaven (or nirvana) you would have no experience of the passage of time.

Gnostic Bishop
26-08-2020, 04:01 AM
oh ok I didn't know you were joking!

Thanks for showing your moral sense.

Fail.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
26-08-2020, 04:04 AM

True, if interest can be maintained.

Have you noted that all the sciences are basically mimicking themselves?

Soon most things will just be analogous to some other.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
26-08-2020, 04:05 AM
With me on the same planet I doubt it. I would accompany you only if the problem of evil was solved and rap music banned.

Can you get rid of evil in a dualistic world?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
26-08-2020, 04:07 AM
I've always assumed that in heaven (or nirvana) you would have no experience of the passage of time.

No time means no thought and that is what we call brain dead. No?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
26-08-2020, 07:00 AM
If I can change the radio station I can

You cannot switch off your DNA.

Evolution says you must compete as well as cooperate. That competition is the source of all human against human evil.

When you compete, should you win, you create a loser who will feel that evil has come his way. It is natural.

If you can get around this natural necessity, then you can get Yin out of the Yang of our evolutionary reality.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
26-08-2020, 07:02 AM
People can live a long life but still be brain dead. Even chessplayers

Not quite what I was inferring buddy.

But yes. not being bright does not care if you are a game player or not.

I don't know if game playing can be a hindrance or not.

Regards
DL

ER
26-08-2020, 01:16 PM
I don't know if game playing can be a hindrance or not.Regards DL

you're in the right place to find out mate!

ER
26-08-2020, 01:26 PM
Thanks for showing your moral sense.

Fail.

Regards
DL

watch it bro, or I 'll set Rev. Peter Hanna on you, he can sing too so you better practice your Arabic!

https://youtu.be/oLuX4oRE0Ys

Patrick Byrom
26-08-2020, 01:46 PM
No time means no thought and that is what we call brain dead. No?
Regards DLIf you're dead, then your brain is also dead. But it's possible - even likely - that if any part of you survives death, it doesn't experience time.

Patrick Byrom
26-08-2020, 01:57 PM
watch it bro, or I 'll set Rev. Peter Hanna on you, he can sing too so you better practice your Arabic! ... Peter Hanna? That name sounds familiar :)

ER
26-08-2020, 02:07 PM
Peter Hanna? That name sounds familiar :)

yeah His Holiness kicks arse in Beirut! :D super star status, big hit on TV he attracts all the Lebo sheilas too!

Patrick Byrom
26-08-2020, 04:25 PM
What about souls burning in Hell for eternity? The Catholic nuns were experts on thatSince the souls don't have a body, there's nothing to actually 'burn'. I believe the modern Catholic view is that this is a metaphor for the pain of being eternally separated from God.

Gnostic Bishop
27-08-2020, 02:27 AM
If you're dead, then your brain is also dead. But it's possible - even likely - that if any part of you survives death, it doesn't experience time.

Hmm.

Even rocks experience time. All decays.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
27-08-2020, 02:29 AM
Since the souls don't have a body, there's nothing to actually 'burn'. I believe the modern Catholic view is that this is a metaphor for the pain of being eternally separated from God.

I see that as a blessing if Yahweh is who you see as a god.

That Yahweh is a genocidal prick and I cannot see spending eternity with such a satanic character.

Would you miss his company?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
27-08-2020, 02:30 AM
Since the souls don't have a body,

You know that souls exist for a fact, how?

Describe your soul.

Regards
DL

Zelgiusfan5000
27-08-2020, 08:34 AM
Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Since you think eternal life would be repetitive and unpleasant, do you believe that God itself is suffering?

Patrick Byrom
27-08-2020, 11:59 AM
You know that souls exist for a fact, how? Describe your soul.
Regards
DLI didn't say that souls existed. In Catholic doctrine, souls don't have a body. If I say that Mr Spock has pointed ears, I'm not (necessarily) claiming that he actually exists.

Patrick Byrom
27-08-2020, 12:35 PM
Hmm. Even rocks experience time. All decays.
Regards
DLIf souls decay (assuming souls exist), then they don't have eternal life.

Blunderbuss
27-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Soul Music. For example: -

When I was a young boy
Back in Orangefield
I used to gaze out
My classroom window and dream
And then go home and listen to Ray sing
"I believe to my soul" after school,
Oh that love that was within me
You know it carried me through
Well it lifted me up and it filled me
Meditation contemplation too

ER
27-08-2020, 03:06 PM

"I believe to my soul"

Well that's R+B,

https://youtu.be/evcraJSoJ5Y

Whatever the case Ray is divine!

ER
27-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Funny I heard this spiritual hymn to the soul first by the Animals
and I reckon Eric gives that extra edge needed to further infuriate GB. :D

https://youtu.be/jD-dyqDaVEE

Gnostic Bishop
28-08-2020, 07:05 AM
Since you think eternal life would be repetitive and unpleasant, do you believe that God itself is suffering?

Suffering is a subjective issue, so I cannot speak directly to that.

I hold no supernatural belief, but no worthy god would live in an unhappy state.

I think that a supernatural god would do as our only potential supernatural god would have done, --- if real, --- as we would share share it's nature.

Like us, our only possible supernatural god, would be able to be bored, --- and that that boredom would have been what made it go into what we call the Big Bang.

If Yahweh is real, he is suffering in hell for all his crimes in heaven and in hell.

He was evil from the day he was born. Jesus improved our consciousness of peace, but Christians hold to their genocidal idol. Yahweh and his immoral misogynous and homophobic ways.

Education is working though and la´citÚ is the future.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
28-08-2020, 07:11 AM
I didn't say that souls existed. In Catholic doctrine, souls don't have a body. If I say that Mr Spock has pointed ears, I'm not (necessarily) claiming that he actually exists.

Body or not, your doctrine of profiting from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty shows just how immoral your Catholic views are.

Mr. Spock does exist, as a fictional character. I like him as he does not think genocide is moral.

He is fiction just like all the gods are, unless some have met the androgynous god, and is not telling us.

I am an ex Catholic. I turned to Gnostic Christianity when I reached the age of reason.

That is what my bible advises. I hope yours does too. Logos is superior to mythos. It is the moral way to go.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
28-08-2020, 07:20 AM
If souls decay (assuming souls exist), then they don't have eternal life.

Exactly, which is the proof of them not existing in the first place.

If soul had a meaningful description, we would not be guessing at what it is.

Not to brag, but I have facts to telepathy and even I have a hard time describing the soul within my own ideology.

We reduce us to body, spirit and soul.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Our hearts just confirm that the vision is a treasure.

In my nutshell, the soul is our conduit to the cosmic consciousness or mind of god.

All natural with nothing of the supernatural.

I think it is the limit to what can be known as nothing seems to exceed the power of telepathy.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
28-08-2020, 07:24 AM

When I was a young boy
Back in Orangefield
I used to gaze out
My classroom window and dream
"I believe to my soul" after school,
Oh that love that was within me
You know it carried me through
Well it lifted me up and it filled me
Meditation contemplation too

It is nice that we default to love. That is our good old selfish gene at work.

Cooperation/love is the best survival strategy.

Unfortunately, being in a dualistic world, at the same time that we create a love bias, we create a sleeping hate bias against anything that would put what we love in jeopardy.

That competition/evil side has served us well, but we need to mitigate the harms it does more.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
28-08-2020, 07:25 AM
Well that's R+B,

https://youtu.be/evcraJSoJ5Y

Whatever the case Ray is divine!

And the grass.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
28-08-2020, 07:36 AM
Funny I heard this spiritual hymn to the soul first by the Animals
and I reckon Eric gives that extra edge needed to further infuriate GB. :D
]

I do not know that emotion these day. Too full of love. It does have it's hate side though. Just look at how you love.

I think that my hate for the god religions is close enough to the surface to keep the more mundane emotions away.

I hope you love enough to let your hate out to the evil god religions.

I do not need to list the reasons as you likely know your duty to humanity.

That at least, is my hope.

Regards
DL

Patrick Byrom
28-08-2020, 02:29 PM
Body or not, your doctrine of profiting from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty shows just how immoral your Catholic views are.And where did I say that I was a Catholic?

Gnostic Bishop
29-08-2020, 02:22 AM
And where did I say that I was a Catholic?

The issue you ignored is the poor moral sense Christians have.

Thanks for acknowledging that.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
29-08-2020, 10:55 AM
Some Christians will claim that Catholics are not Christians? If I was a theist I would preferred to be labelled a Catholic rather than a Christian. You cant classify all Christians/Catholics in the same manner. Catholic Priest Brian Gore decades ago had an excellent moral code. MLK similar.

To be anything other than a Gnostic Christian, is to not want to be known as the only good Christians. We condemn Yahweh while Christians and other fascists, adore the genocidal prick.

The bible tells Christians of all stripes that they are to emulate Yahweh and his thinking.

Inquisitions and jihads are the reward we have suffered.

I do not promote the supernatural for many good reasons.

Seek god buddy, but not Yahweh.

Only losers need a genocidal god.

Regards
DL