PDA

View Full Version : Caulfield Chess.Com Allegro tournament

Chigoresov
19-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Thanks Tom for giving this a run and Hi to all the Chess Artists from Caulfield.

Unfortunately for myself, I had a couple of bad internet connections - the first, once I reattached made me lose on time and the second made me resign - with 6 1/2 minutes left on my clock! Doing a search, this seems to be a fairly common problem. I hooked out mid-tournament - probably I will get some automatic punishment.
Needless to say, that brings to an an end to all my online chess gaming...as if chess and being in isolation isn't hard enough...very frustrating!!:wall:

All the best to those with good connections - hope to see you across the board in the near future.

Adamski
19-04-2020, 05:32 PM
Thanks Tom for giving this a run and Hi to all the Chess Artists from Caulfield.

Unfortunately for myself, I had a couple of bad internet connections - the first, once I reattached made me lose on time and the second made me resign - with 6 1/2 minutes left on my clock! Doing a search, this seems to be a fairly common problem. I hooked out mid-tournament - probably I will get some automatic punishment.
Needless to say, that brings to an an end to all my online chess gaming...as if chess and being in isolation isn't hard enough...very frustrating!!:wall:

All the best to those with good connections - hope to see you across the board in the near future.I sympathise. Have had connection problems myself. And even one which forced me to accept a draw in a winning position as it took so much time to get back.

MichaelBaron
20-04-2020, 10:01 PM

All the best to those with good connections - hope to see you across the board in the near future.

Where can I see the tournament results?

Chigoresov
24-04-2020, 12:22 AM
Interesting to note that Firouzja against Nakamura in Game 3 had the same problem as Adamski - a dropped out connection forcing him to take a draw in a winning position in the Carlsen Invitational in progress.