PDA

View Full Version : Arlandi leads in Mt Buller

News Bot
01-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Italian IM Arlandi leads in Mt Buller with 4/4{br}{br}View the Entire Article (http://www.mtbullerchess.com){br}

Paul S
01-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Italian IM Arlandi leads in Mt Buller with 4/4<br /><br />View the Entire Article (http://www.mtbullerchess.com)<br />

I can't see anything on the above link (Mt Buller chess website) about Arlandi being on 4/4. In fact I can't see any round 4 results at all. Where are they?

I'ts probably not my place to be telling the Mt Buller organisers what should be on their website, but I think it would be "in the interests of Australian chess" if they:
1) Removed the statement on the website's front page about the live games being unavailable (28/12/04).
2) Put in some player profiles (when clicking on the "Player Profiles" link, all that comes up is a statement along the lines of that brief bioggraphical details of "esteemed participants" will be put up closer to the tournament start date).
3) Fixed up a few other similar obvious things.

Still, at least things seem to be improving at Mt Buller now that the chess has started - I had a look at the live games yesterday and got a bit of a buzz out of it.

skip to my lou
01-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I can't see anything on the above link (Mt Buller chess website) about Arlandi being on 4/4. In fact I can't see any round 4 results at all. Where are they?

I'ts probably not my place to be telling the Mt Buller organisers what should be on their website, but I think it would be "in the interests of Australian chess" if they:
1) Removed the statement on the website's front page about the live games being unavailable (28/12/04).
2) Put in some player profiles (when clicking on the "Player Profiles" link, all that comes up is a statement along the lines of that brief bioggraphical details of "esteemed participants" will be put up closer to the tournament start date).
3) Fixed up a few other similar obvious things.

Still, at least things seem to be improving at Mt Buller now that the chess has started - I had a look at the live games yesterday and got a bit of a buzz out of it.

Still waiting on profiles and results for round 4 from Garvin.

boardumb
01-01-2005, 04:13 PM

It can be inferred from the pairings for round 4 and the 'Live Games' section.

auriga
01-01-2005, 04:18 PM
you can deduce from the live games (and r4 pairings) that arlandi is leading
but this is all unofficial (the news item above just links to mt buller site
because this is the official word when it comes out).

STML is still waiting on the results file (ie. swiss perfect) though. :(

i agree about taking off the 'unavailable msg' thing.
maybe STML should delete this and replace with 'Round 4 finished, etc.'
but guess STML is waiting for directions from the organisers to do this
(he's in sydney not mt buller).

skip to my lou
01-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I'm just re-wording some text that George has sent me, I'll replace that as soon as I'm done.

skip to my lou
01-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Report published.

Paul S
01-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Report published.

The report (brief summary of first 4 days) looks good. :clap:

auriga
02-01-2005, 06:50 AM
The report (brief summary of first 4 days) looks good. :clap:

yep, the summary is great. :clap: