PDA

View Full Version : NSWCA - One on One with your Prez

Pages : 1 [2]

arosar
26-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Mr Prez, a Mexican has a suggestion on our little dilemma. Can you pls go to my blog? And I'd like to know what we're doing about recording games. Thanks.

AR

arosar
02-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Bill, mate...it seems you are becoming noisy again so I will ask you this question. I just met a bloke who made the observation that the States Championships is just getting worse and worse. (And no, it's not PP).

First question is: is Council guaranteeing the prizes? Also, how much rent are you paying for the Ryde Eastwood venue? Finally, how much are you paying for the arbiter?

As a paying member, I expect an answer. Cheers.

AR

Bill Gletsos
02-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Bill, mate...it seems you are becoming noisy again so I will ask you this question. I just met a bloke who made the observation that the States Championships is just getting worse and worse. (And no, it's not PP).

First question is: is Council guaranteeing the prizes? Also, how much rent are you paying for the Ryde Eastwood venue? Finally, how much are you paying for the arbiter?

As a paying member, I expect an answer. Cheers.

ARThe answers to your questions are: No, none, $100 per day.

arosar
02-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks mate. So there you have it. I reckon George Xie may as well become an arbiter.

So if you're not paying any rent, why such a high entry fee with no guaranteed prizes? Before you answer, we might like to consider this number: 44. That's the total number of people currently playing across all 3 divisions.

AR

bergil
02-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks mate. So there you have it. I reckon George Xie may as well become an arbiter.

So if you're not paying any rent, why such a high entry fee with no guaranteed prizes? Before you answer, we might like to consider this number: 44. That's the total number of people currently playing across all 3 divisions.

AR
What was the prize money on offer before the start of play in all three divisions?

Bill Gletsos
02-09-2005, 02:23 PM
What was the prize money on offer before the start of play in all three divisions?$3950 based on 75 entries

arosar
02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Not sure, I think it's still pretty much what's on the site...

Prizes

Championship: 1st $900 2nd $500 3rd $250
Reserves: 1st $500 2nd $250 3rd $150 U1800 1st $150 2nd $100
U1600: 1st $500 2nd $250 3rd $150 U1400 1st $150 2nd $100
Prize fund based on 75 entries

AR

bergil
02-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Thank you both, its a pity more didn't play as the prizes are/were good but nine sundays in a row is hard to give up.

Would a midweek night work better or would it clash with clubs?

Bill Gletsos
02-09-2005, 02:35 PM

So if you're not paying any rent, why such a high entry fee with no guaranteed prizes? Before you answer, we might like to consider this number: 44. That's the total number of people currently playing across all 3 divisions.It is clear from the tournament advert that the prize fund is based on 75 entries. Even with 75 entries it is obvious the Open prizes are being augmented by the lower two divisions. With the Championship Division this year being a closed round robin then compared to last year the drop in numbers is in the reserves.
The tournament budget has to cater for expenses such as FIDE fees, ACF admin fees, arbiter fees etc. With a prize fund of $3950 then total expenses were budgeted at around $5300. Based on 75 entries entry fees were estimated at around $5300.

arosar
02-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Bill, it is the state's premiere event. With $80K in the kitty and a free venue - surely, you can be generous, particularly towards the top section. I mean at this rate, it would seem more lucrative to be an arbiter.

Does this trend of falling numbers not alarm the Council at all Bill? Never mind the mathematics for the moment.

Now I got another question for you, unrelated. I'm mindful that you're supposed to be not for profit. But is there some way that Council can invest the $10K windfall, say, in some high risk portfolio and simply use the annual earnings to fund the State championships? I mean, I don't know right. I'm just wondering if there is a way to achieve that.

AR

arosar
20-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Bill -

TCN, in his blog, mentioned that the NSWCA will soon have a logo face lift. When is this happening and who have you got working on it?

AR

Bill Gletsos
20-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Bill -

TCN, in his blog, mentioned that the NSWCA will soon have a logo face lift. When is this happening and who have you got working on it?

ARAll I am prepared to say at this stage is that the council is looking at it.

PHAT
20-02-2006, 04:59 PM
All I am prepared to say at this stage is that the council is looking at it.If you keep looking at it, it might turn into a magic lamp, and a magic genie with come out of it, and cast a magic spell upon the land, and a million people will join the NSWCA and play chess in a thousand tournaments.

Keep those important ideas going dudes. They are all that stands between success and obilivion. :clap:

arosar
09-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey Bill -

I give you an opportunity to make an official announcement. Can you please express your thanks to Peter Parr for his sponsorship of the COS (ie. providing glass chess sets)? Mate, there has not been one acknowledgement of this by NSWCA officials. Not only Parr is the victim of this lack of grace but also that lovely lady who sells the sandwiches.

Mate, what's going on? This is not very cultured behaviour. Can you please make an official announcement here and properly signed by you?

Thanks a lot.

AR

Bill Gletsos
09-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey Bill -

I give you an opportunity to make an official announcement. Can you please express your thanks to Peter Parr for his sponsorship of the COS (ie. providing glass chess sets)? Mate, there has not been one acknowledgement of this by NSWCA officials. Not only Parr is the victim of this lack of grace but also that lovely lady who sells the sandwiches.

Mate, what's going on? This is not very cultured behaviour. Can you please make an official announcement here and properly signed by you?

Thanks a lot.

ARYou seem to be under the misapprehension that this board is an official communications channel of the NSWCA. Well it isnt, so I dont see why the NSWCA would be making any official announcements here.
If the NSWCA Council wishes to make any official statement I expect they will do so in the next issue of the NSWCA Newsletter which is scheduled to be sent out in April to all members.

However as an individual I'm happy to thank Peter Parr for providing glass chess sets to all the entrants in the City Of Sydney Championships and Brett Tindall's mother for staffing the canteen.
So I say to them both thank you very much for your support.

arosar
09-03-2006, 07:12 PM
You seem to be under the misapprehension that this board is an official communications channel of the NSWCA. Well it isnt, so I dont see why the NSWCA would be making any official announcements here.
If the NSWCA Council wishes to make any official statement I expect they will do so in the next issue of the NSWCA Newsletter which is scheduled to be sent out in April to all members.

However as an individual I'm happy to thank Peter Parr for providing glass chess sets to all the entrants in the City Of Sydney Championships and Brett Tindall's mother for staffing the canteen.
So I say to them both thank you very much for your support.

Listen here Bill. Let me give you some feedback OK. Your words are very combative and heavy. Why can't you speak more softly? It's quite rude I must say.

And another thing, this here thread has been in existence since Jan 1, 2004 and in all that time you've been happy to participate, no complaints, nothing. Now suddenly, you're acting all shy. Anyway, this is not important, I'm just telling you, you ought to be more gracious and cultured. I mean, a bloke driving around town with a $250K car should know how to behave correctly you know.

AR

Bill Gletsos
09-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Listen here Bill. Let me give you some feedback OK. Your words are very combative and heavy. Why can't you speak more softly? It's quite rude I must say.Actually I thought your post was rude.
You know full well this isnt an official NSWCA site, so why would you expect an official announcement here.

And another thing, this here thread has been in existence since Jan 1, 2004 and in all that time you've been happy to participate, no complaints, nothing. Now suddenly, you're acting all shy.Yes, and I have generally answered the questions, but at no time that I responded in this thread have I signed it in my official capacity as the NSWCA President.
As a long time poster and starter of this thread I would have expected you to have noticed that.

Anyway, this is not important, I'm just telling you, you ought to be more gracious and cultured. I mean, a bloke driving around town with a $250K car should know how to behave correctly you know.Generally I respond in the manner in which the question is put.

firegoat7
09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
And another thing, this here thread has been in existence since Jan 1, 2004 and in all that time you've been happy to participate, no complaints, nothing. Now suddenly, you're acting all shy.

I thought this was a particularly good point:clap:

cheers fg7

Phil Bourke
10-03-2006, 09:38 AM
You know full well this isnt an official NSWCA site, so why would you expect an official announcement here.
Yes, and I have generally answered the questions, but at no time that I responded in this thread have I signed it in my official capacity as the NSWCA President.
As a long time poster and starter of this thread I would have expected you to have noticed that.

Bill,
Forgive me for butting in, but in my opinion, the title of the thread: NSWCA-One on One with your Prez, indicates a more official connection than you are stating now.
Difficult line to toe, here's a chance to talk to the President of the Association, but please don't take anything he says as an indication of NSWCA policy. You may have put yourself in a no-win situation with this thread.

Rincewind
10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Bill,
Forgive me for butting in, but in my opinion, the title of the thread: NSWCA-One on One with your Prez, indicates a more official connection than you are stating now.
Difficult line to toe, here's a chance to talk to the President of the Association, but please don't take anything he says as an indication of NSWCA policy. You may have put yourself in a no-win situation with this thread.

I guess you should ask arosar about that since he was the thread starter in this instance.

ursogr8
10-03-2006, 10:22 AM
I guess you should ask arosar about that since he was the thread starter in this instance.

^ :rolleyes:

For those who can jump to conclusions, there is no doubt of Amiel's expectation (based on how he phrases his posts on this thread).

Phil Bourke
10-03-2006, 10:36 AM
My mistake, I read it that Bill had started the thread :(
Still by responding and allowing the thread title to remain unchanged, would indicate acknowledgement. Just my opinion, of course :)

Rincewind
10-03-2006, 10:47 AM
My mistake, I read it that Bill had started the thread :(
Still by responding and allowing the thread title to remain unchanged, would indicate acknowledgement. Just my opinion, of course :)

Just shows some indulgence of arosar's request. I don;t think this is an issue here though as no one suggests that this is a NSWCA entity as it has no historical link to the NSWCA as it does to the ACF.