PDA

View Full Version : Dumb & Dumber Award vote

antichrist
18-12-2004, 05:22 PM
If Iraq can have democracy well then so can the BB in deciding this award. Only due to modesty (give someone else a chance) I have declined nomination.

skip to my lou
18-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I voted Karthlik because he is truly dumb. He wastes too much time for idiots and pointless causes such as... well you know what.

Garvinator
18-12-2004, 05:30 PM
to have a dumb and dumber dont you need two ppl?

antichrist
18-12-2004, 05:32 PM
now you know why I declined.

Have you noticed 17 views and only 1 vote.

All Mr Nice Guys all of a sudden

JGB
18-12-2004, 07:19 PM
Antichrist: Can I ask why Shaun was included?
If it has to do with what happened in the Olympics it should not really have anything to do with the 'D & D' 2004 as it is outside of the forum in which this happened. I am sure other people here have done some wothy things over the last year but has nothing to do with your award does it?

Spiny Norman
18-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Have you noticed 17 views and only 1 vote.

Might've been more votes if there'd been a "none of the above" option (ref: Richard Prior in "Brewster's Millions").

Bill Gletsos
18-12-2004, 07:52 PM
Might've been more votes if there'd been a "none of the above" option (ref: Richard Prior in "Brewster's Millions").
Or if there had been a Matt and DR option.

Rhubarb
19-12-2004, 07:53 AM
AC, frankly I'm amazed that I am not an option, given the number of times I've flamed you this year.

PHAT
19-12-2004, 09:03 AM
AC, frankly I'm amazed that I am not an option, given the number of times I've flamed you this year.

And so, pphht goes your chance at receiving a peer review. It is your double misfortune that there is no reason for you to pin your hopes on a "Smart and Smarter" voting list being published.

antichrist
19-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Antichrist: Can I ask why Shaun was included?
If it has to do with what happened in the Olympics it should not really have anything to do with the 'D & D' 2004 as it is outside of the forum in which this happened. I am sure other people here have done some wothy things over the last year but has nothing to do with your award does it?

AC: Shaun was included because even I warned him that he could cost the whole team points (post "Sally Robbins" No. 77 in PNG thread), hopefully my warning was timely, and because of Shaun's words afterwards:

Shaun:
"...My decision to not take the drug test was pretty much a pre-meditated one. Before I'd even left Australia I'd made up my mind not to do it unless there were compelling reasons to do so...."

AC:
As his act was premeditated maybe he should have warned the team before leaving PNG so that they could make a team decision as what stance he should adopt if any such decision could be agreed upon.

I repeat, I copped more flak for quoting in the wrong method -- such hippocrisy!

antichrist
19-12-2004, 11:52 AM

If I half deserve a serve so be it, I can take it, they are not our of malice.

Karthlik I know nothing about, only on someone else's suggestion. Bill and Matt (both of whom I appreciate) for wasting theirs and everyone else's time.

PaulS, for when being told "Are you often the last to get a joke" (or similar) - still the penny did not drop.

I was added in maybe by Karthlik?? I don't mind, just desserts.

About the silliest thing done in chess is give a junior a queen start in a rated game and lost. I was told by some one else (B) who pointed him out to me that he had just beaten him (c) easily, and as I beat B pretty easily I did not feel like bashing a junior up so gave him a chance. However, I had mistaken in who B was pointing to and gave the queen start to the wrong person. Pretty dumb aye, I lost about a hundred and fifty rating points for that venture, and as only playing in one rated comp a year so am out of practise and am also the organiser of that comp on the day my points never recovered.

Rincewind
19-12-2004, 03:02 PM
I was added in maybe by Karthlik?? I don't mind, just desserts.

I might have been seen in the vicinity of the cherry tree with an axe. :uhoh:

ursogr8
19-12-2004, 09:36 PM
I might have been seen in the vicinity of the cherry tree with an axe. :uhoh:

Barry

An interesting concept you have hinted at here.

Moderation by addition of 'what should have been there in the first place'.
I quite like the idea because many of my posts would benefit from a mod's influence. Do you mod's have a duty-roster? I might start posting at different times to get the best of all input.

starter

Kevin Bonham
20-12-2004, 05:33 PM
About the silliest thing done in chess is give a junior a queen start in a rated game and lost. I was told by some one else (B) who pointed him out to me that he had just beaten him (c) easily, and as I beat B pretty easily I did not feel like bashing a junior up so gave him a chance. However, I had mistaken in who B was pointing to and gave the queen start to the wrong person. Pretty dumb aye, I lost about a hundred and fifty rating points for that venture, and as only playing in one rated comp a year so am out of practise and am also the organiser of that comp on the day my points never recovered.

Served ya right. :lol: Never go easy on any opponent.

antichrist
30-07-2006, 09:09 PM
How about a new poll including our Qld friends?

Desmond
30-07-2006, 10:01 PM
How about a new poll including our Qld friends?
Knock yourself out. I got $50 HCDs that says that AO n Nutter win it hands down.