PDA

View Full Version : 2017-18 PRO Chess League (chess.com)

Vlad
12-10-2017, 05:28 PM
There is a chess.com event on the 29th of October at 7 am Sydney time. It is a lightning 3+2, 15 rounds. There are 2 Australian teams. The first has Yuan, Max, Molton and James. The second one has 3 GMs: David, Anton and Alex Sarana from Moscow. We need to get the best 4th player rated on the September standard FIDE rating not more than 2423. It is pretty much anybody who lives in Australia. Who wants to play on the same team with 3 GMs (2 of them played in the recent Match of Millenials)?

Anybody who wants to play please say here or contact me.

Anybody who can help with the organization please come forward. We have to submit the application by Sunday - so I think the qualifier has to be this weekend.

NickC
12-10-2017, 08:04 PM
It's great to hear that there will be two Australian teams competing in this year's PRO Chess League Qualifier - best of luck to both!

No doubt you already know this but Junta Ikeda appears to be the highest rated Australian player with a September standard FIDE rating below 2423.

Vlad
12-10-2017, 10:00 PM
I have made a mistake with dates and it looks like Alexei Sarana can't make it. Big loss to the second Australian team unfortunately.:(

Tram-param-pam-pam! Good news, I have just managed to secure a former 2700+, who really enjoys playing blitz in the internet. So the requirement for the 4th person is that it is not higher than 2358.

Lumiere
13-10-2017, 12:35 AM
I can play if you can't find anyone else. I play blitz regularly on chess.com, about 2550 blitz rating there (username fireflasher)

Vlad
13-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Good, what is your facebook page? Is Anton your friend on facebook? Thanks.

Lumiere
13-10-2017, 09:17 AM
I have just sent him a friend request.

Vlad
17-10-2017, 09:30 AM
I have submitted the following team with an average rating of 2498:

1) Evgenij, Miroshnichenko, 14102595, GM, 2606;
2) David Smerdon, 3202305, GM, 2528;
3) Anton Smirnov, 3208923, IM, 2508;
4) Brandon G I Clarke, 400319, FM, 2319;
5) Yi Liu, 3210588, FM, 2349.

The name of our team is "Australia Blitzkrieg". The qualifier is at 7 am Sydney time on the 29th. I think our team has excellent chances to qualify.

ER
17-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Anton Smirnov, 3208923, IM, 2508;

Isn't Anton a GM officially yet?

The qualifier is at 7 am Sydney time on the 29th. I think our team has excellent chances to qualify.

Provided you manage to get them out of bed that early in the morning!!! :D

Vlad
17-10-2017, 09:52 AM
I have heard a rumor that it was confirmed but will be official in about 1 month.

It is 11 pm for Eugenij (Moscow) and 6 am for both David and Yi (Brisbane).:)

Metro
17-10-2017, 02:53 PM
PRO Chess League www.chess.com

PROChessLeague

Below you will find the official rules of the PRO Chess League's Annual Qualifier tournament:

Fair Play and Observation:
•Teams must choose a trusted and impartial arbiter to be present for the qualifier. This arbiter must be approved by League management. The arbiter does not need to be physically present but must be connected online.
•Each team will be connected via a video conferencing service (TBD) with an arbiter who will be part of a group call and can monitor them as they play. It is likely that we will also assign Chess.com Fair Play Monitors for each team.
•Throughout the event, the league may ask to insert one of the Chess.Com Fair Play Monitors on any particular player.
•Webcams for all players are required and the league may ask for a screenshare of any player during the event at anytime.

•If it is determined that any player for any team has violated the Chess.com Fair Play Agreement, that entire team will be ineligible to play in the 2018 PRO Chess League season. Individual players who were part of that team, but were not involved in any violations, will still be permitted to play for other teams during the PRO Chess League season.
•No individual results will be overturned if we determine there were any Fair Play violations.

Team and Player Submission requirements:
•Official registration form!
•Teams are required to submit four players to compete in the qualifier by October 20th 2017, all of whom must play in the same qualifier.
•The average rating of those four players must be below 2500 FIDE using the September 2017 FIDE Rating list. Classical ratings will be used.
•The average rating for your four players must be above 2300 FIDE.
•If you are an individual player who wishes to find a team to play for, please fill out the following form. - Free Agent Form

Rating exceptions:
1.Anyone above 2700 counts only as 2700 toward the team rating.
2.Female players should have 100 points subtracted from her rating when calculating the team average. Therefore, if you use a player rated 2200, her rating will count as 2100 for team average purposes. "We acknowledge that the male to female ratio is heavily skewed in the chess community and therefore this rule exists solely for the purpose of encouraging teams to include more women on their rosters," PRO Chess League Commissioner IM Greg Shahade said.
3.Every player, regardless of individual rating, will count at a minimum of 2000 toward the team’s average rating. For example a player rated 1950 will count as 2000, while a female player rated 2050 will count as 2000.

Free Agent and Local Player rules:
•Each team will be allowed to have only one free agent on their roster for the qualification tournament. This player does not need to have any local affiliation with the team in question. The other three players are required to have some clear local affiliation with the team as detailed by the official PRO Chess League Rules page (rule A.3.1).
•Any player who participates in the qualifying tournament but whose team fails to qualify, will be permitted to play for any team during the 2018 PRO Chess League season. However if your team does qualify, you must play for that same team during the 2018 season.

Divisional Breakdowns:
•The league will decide which “divisions” each team is qualifying for, which is largely based on the time zone of your team’s location.
•The league will decide whether your team competes in the Central/Eastern division qualifier, which will be mostly comprised of European, African and Asian based teams, or if your team be playing in the Atlantic/Pacific qualifier, which will be mostly comprised of teams from the U.S.A, Canada, South America and perhaps some places in Asia.
•The qualifier for the Central/Eastern division will begin at 8 AM Pacific Time, and the qualifier for the Atlantic/Pacific divisions will begin at 1PM Pacific Time.
•The regular season starting times for the Central/Eastern division qualifier will be in the 8AM-12PM Pacific time range. The regular season starting times for the Atlantic/Pacific qualifiers will be in the 3-7PM Pacific time range. There will be no exceptions to this.

Event Format:
•The events will each be a 15-round individual Swiss with a time control of 3 minutes plus 2 second increment.
•Scores are determined by adding up the sum of the scores from all four team members. Note that it is not four-versus-four (team against team) like during the season itself.
•This means you may have to play your own teammates during the tournament, in which case your team is guaranteed one point from the game.
•The top three scoring teams for each qualifying tournament will automatically qualify for the 2018 PRO Chess League Season.
•Each team may have just ONE team in the qualifier event. If there are multiple teams from the same area competing, we will take steps to make sure that these are both independent teams with different management and that there is no potential for collusion.

Tiebreaks:
1.If there is a tie in the standings, the tie will be broken by that team which has the highest individual scorer.
2.If that is still a tie, the tie will be broken by that team which has the second-highest individual scorer.
3.If that is still a tie, the tie will be broken by that team which has the third highest individual scorer.
4.If there is still a tie, the tie will be broken by that team that has the highest actual average FIDE rating using the September 2017 rating list.
5.In the unlikely event that it is still a tie, there will be a 24-hour fan vote to break the tie.

Fan Vote Qualifiers:
•One team from each qualifier will earn a spot via this fan vote.
•This fan vote will include three teams who competed in the qualifier but failed to automatically qualify: The 4th, 5th and 6th place teams.
•The league will give a short time for teams to advertise the vote and motivate their fans. Then the league will release an official poll that will last for 72 hours on the Chess.com home page.
•The teams that finished in a higher place in the Qualifier will be listed first in the voting poll.
•We reserve the right to change these rules if we believe it is for the best of the Qualifier. Any change will be announced well in advance of the start of the tournament (minimum 72 hours), and might result in the removal of the Fan Vote and simply allowing the top 4 to automatically advance to the PRO Chess League, or including only the 4th and 5th place team in the fan vote.

Max Illingworth
24-10-2017, 05:22 PM
The Australia Kangaroos (consisting of GMs Zong-Yuan Zhao, Max Illingworth and Moulthun Ly, and IM James Morris) website is now up! You can check our page here. (https://australianchess.com/)

Vlad
24-10-2017, 10:07 PM
It is not going to be easy. Below is the list of teams participating in our group ordered by their average ratings:

Seattle Sluggers 2507.75
Australia Kangaroos 2497.25
São Paulo Gorillas 2491.75
Australia Blitzkrieg 2490.25
Cheng Du Pandas 2485.75
San Francisco Mechanics 2483.25
Atlanta Kings 2476.25
Minnesota Blizzard 2474.5
New York Knights 2468.25
UNTREF Wizards 2441
Boston Blitz 2397.75
Patagonia Penguins 2326.5
Buenos Aires Gamblers 2321
Michigan Mittens 2302

Vlad
24-10-2017, 10:18 PM
The top 8 players by their current chess.com blitz rating participating in this qualifier:

1) Nakamura 3058,
2) Wang Yue 2829,
3) Anton Smirnov 2741,
4) Daniel Naroditsky 2722,
5) Eugenij Miroshnichenko 2718,
6) Gadir Guseinov 2694,
7) Mark Paraqua 2689,
8) Max Illingworth 2687.

Adamski
25-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Great start on the web site here, Max! Best wishes to the 4 of you for the tournament - which I note is now on.

Vlad
27-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Interesting summary of all the teams: the two teams I think are very dangerous in our (the second) qualifier – Seattle Slugger (with Nakamura) and the Chengdu Pandas (might have both Wang Yue and Yu Yangyi).

https://www.chess.com/news/view/pro-league-qualifier-40-teams-vie-for-8-spots-3530

Vlad
29-10-2017, 06:30 AM
After two rounds Australia Blitzkrieg shares the first with 3 other teams (5.5 out of 8).

Vlad
29-10-2017, 06:56 AM
After four rounds Australia Blitzkrieg is second (10 out of 16). Anton is having a bit of a shocker, but everybody else is doing well.

Vlad
29-10-2017, 07:30 AM
After six rounds Australia Blitzkrieg is second (15 out of 24). First is Naka's team. The Chinese team is the third.

Vlad
29-10-2017, 07:48 AM
After eight rounds Australia Blitzkrieg is third (19 out of 32). First is Naka's team with 20.5. The Chinese team is the second with 20.

Vlad
29-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Congratulations to Kangaroos for coming 3d and qualifying!

Chengdu Pandas 36.5
Seattle Sluggers 35
Australia Kangaroos 34.5
New York Knights 34
Minnesota Blizzard 32.5
SF Mechanics 31.1
Atlanta Kings 31
Boston Blitz 28.5
Australia Blitzkrieg 28
Michigan Mittens 27.5

NickC
29-10-2017, 09:27 AM
After a slow start, congratulations to the Kangaroos for finishing strongly in third place to secure the last automatic qualification spot (just half a point ahead of the New York Knights)!

Garrett
29-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Well done !

Please feel free to post any good/interesting games for us to have a look at !

Max Illingworth
29-10-2017, 12:11 PM

ER
29-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Actually this league has received quite a bit of publicity.

https://www.prochessleague.com/

Your remarkable performance has found a new brilliant way to put Australia on the international chess map!

I hope ACF takes this venture seriously and provide you guys with some assistance for your future endeavours!

Scott Crowley
29-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Brilliant effort. Well done!

Metro
05-11-2017, 01:12 PM
I can play if you can't find anyone else. I play blitz regularly on chess.com, about 2550 blitz rating there (username fireflasher)

Fireflasher played Naka in a 3/0 match and the result 0-50.It's not that I don't like Fireflasher....:)
Why would he want to lose that many? Why would Naka want to play that many?

PS Can this thread be merged with this one? http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?17028-2017-18-PRO-Chess-League

Lumiere
06-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Fireflasher played Naka in a 3/0 match and the result 0-50.It's not that I don't like Fireflasher....:)
Why would he want to lose that many? Why would Naka want to play that many?

PS Can this thread be merged with this one? http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?17028-2017-18-PRO-Chess-League

To defend myself, I didn't have a mouse on me and was flagged from all the positions I was winning. And it's not like I haven't beaten naka before, I had won 2 games on that same day like this one https://www.chess.com/live/game/2383565406 (although I had a lot more losses). It's always a pleasure to play with naka even though it's very frustrating. As for why naka wants to play with me you have to ask him, but I'm guessing he likes to exert dominance over people.

MichaelBaron
07-11-2017, 12:40 AM
To defend myself, I didn't have a mouse on me and was flagged from all the positions I was winning. And it's not like I haven't beaten naka before, I had won 2 games on that same day like this one https://www.chess.com/live/game/2383565406 (although I had a lot more losses). It's always a pleasure to play with naka even though it's very frustrating. As for why naka wants to play with me you have to ask him, but I'm guessing he likes to exert dominance over people.

Well done! The very fact that you get to play Naka so much is absolutely great! For amateur players like us - playing against top GMs like this is definitely the best thing that can happen. And judging by the games - you played very well! The overall score is not significant compared to the fact that some games you can hold your own against World's top 10 who is probably one of the world's blitz top 3

Lumiere
07-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Well done! The very fact that you get to play Naka so much is absolutely great! For amateur players like us - playing against top GMs like this is definitely the best thing that can happen. And judging by the games - you played very well! The overall score is not significant compared to the fact that some games you can hold your own against World's top 10 who is probably one of the world's blitz top 3

Exactly. There are quite a few IMs and GMs who have lost over a hundred games to Naka without a single win. I think what makes it so hard to beat him is his incredible resilience - he fights back from dead lost positions, even managing to pull out a win against Wesley So down a clean piece in the Norway Blitz. It’s amazing to experience first hand just how hard it is to beat him. You are right, the score doesn’t matter at the end of the day…it’s just nice to play with one of the greatest blitz players of all time.

Vlad
14-01-2018, 05:03 PM
2017-18 PRO CHESS LEAGUE starts next week. The good news is that all Australian players including ones who played for the other Australian team are allowed to play for the Australia Kangaroos as local players.

Here is the page for our team https://www.prochessleague.com/australia-kangaroos.html.

The first match is at 2 pm on Friday the 19-th of January. Australians will face the SEATTLE SLUGGERS team lead by Nakamura.

Vlad
17-01-2018, 10:03 AM
The first round pairings are up:

GM Gabriel Sargissian 2652 vs 2468 IM Temur Kuybokarov
GM Giorgi Margvelashvili 2530 vs 2478 IM James Morris
IM Bryce Tiglon 2439 vs 2486 GM Moulthun Ly
FM Roland Feng 2369 vs 2508 GM Anton Smirnov

It looks like the opponents use 2 experienced GMs and 2 youngsters. We also have 2 youngsters. The teams seem to be evenly matched and any result is possible.

Vlad
17-01-2018, 11:06 AM
You can figure out the exact pairings by using this chart:

Round 1 (0:00): B4-A1, B3-A2, A3-B2, A4-B1
Round 2 (0:40): A1-B3, A2-B4, B1-A3, B2-A4
Round 3 (1:20): B2-A1, B1-A2, A3-B4, A4-B3
Round 4 (2:00): A1-B1, A2-B2, B3-A3, B4-A4

They are As, while we are Bs. Gabriel is A1, Giorgi is A2, Bryce is A3 and Roland is A4. Anton is B1, Molton is B2, James is B3 and Temur is B4. In the last round there will be a clash between Gabriel and Anton (Anton is Black).

Max Illingworth
17-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Go Kangaroos!

Vlad
17-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Max, you will have the opportunity to go bananas. :) If everything goes according to plan, next week we will have 2499.5 average rating and age less than 19 on average.

This time we are 2485 average and 21 average age.

Vlad
19-01-2018, 04:43 PM
We were very close but unfortunately lost 9:7 at the end.

Vlad
19-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Some discussion of the games from the match:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220023873##

Before the match, Americans knew 2 Aussie players: Anton who participated in the Millenials slaughter and the current Australian champion Max. Max did not play, so there was only 1 familiar player.

In the second round, there will be 3 players representing the Kangaroos they heard of but the opponents will be stronger.

Vlad
20-01-2018, 09:13 AM
Article about the first match:

https://www.chess.com/blog/PROChessLeague/seattle-sluggers-strike-out-australia-kangaroos

triplecheck
22-01-2018, 05:13 PM

You can find this somewhere in Nakamura's youtube channel (Nakamura's Knockouts). Naka was puzzled why he was winning on time so readily and thought that Fireflasher must have a bad connection with a lot of lag. Understood it all when Fireflasher messaged no mouse at the end. If I remember correctly, the reason he played so many games was that no-one else then online with a rating over 2500 wanted to play him!

Naka gives a running commentary online and answers chat questions while playing these games, so he's not quite full-bore on the game. It all gathers in a bit of cash from donations.

One chat question was "Is age 24 too late to become a professional player?" His reply: "It's really very hard to become a professional chess player. If you are not a strong grandmaster by age 17-18 then it's just not an option."

If you've never watched, you can probably learn something from watching these games (and listening), especially I think about his treatment of pawn structure.

Vlad
24-01-2018, 06:47 AM
The second round pairings are up:

Rauf Mamedov 2678 vs 2319 Brandon Clarke
Zviad Izoria 2601 vs 2473 Kanan Izzat
Faik Aleskerov 2315 vs 2508 Anton Smirnov
Teemu Virtanen 2301 vs 2541 Alexey Sarana

It looks like the opponents again use 2 experienced GMs and 1 youngster on the bottom board. We have 2 youngsters GMs. The teams seem to be close enough and any result is possible.

Vlad
24-01-2018, 07:18 AM
The average rating of our team is 2460 (Sep 2017); the live rating is 2490. The average age is 20 years old.

Vlad
24-01-2018, 09:12 PM
The colors this Friday are as follows:

1)
Brandon Clarke 2319 vs 2678 Rauf Mamedov
Kanan Izzat 2473 vs 2601 Zviad Izoria
Faik Aleskerov 2315 vs 2508 Anton Smirnov
Teemu Virtanen 2301 vs 2541 Alexey Sarana

2)
Rauf Mamedov 2678 vs 2473 Kanan Izzat
Zviad Izoria 2601 vs 2319 Brandon Clarke
Alexey Sarana 2541 vs 2315 Faik Aleskerov
Anton Smirnov 2508 vs 2301 Teemu Virtanen

3)
Anton Smirnov 2508 vs 2678 Rauf Mamedov
Alexey Sarana 2541 vs 2601 Zviad Izoria
Faik Aleskerov 2315 vs 2319 Brandon Clarke
Teemu Virtanen 2301 vs 2473 Kanan Izzat

4)
Rauf Mamedov 2678 vs 2541 Alexey Sarana
Zviad Izoria 2601 vs 2508 Anton Smirnov
Kanan Izzat 2473 vs 2315 Faik Aleskerov
Brandon Clarke 2319 vs 2301 Teemu Virtanen

Vlad
28-01-2018, 03:21 PM
2018 PRO Chess League Week 2 - San Jose Hackers vs. Australia Kangaroos Full Stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNgteh917-c

Vlad
28-01-2018, 04:09 PM
After the first game, the score was 2.5 to 1.5 for Australia and the commentators said that Australians can win a match only because it is the top boards against the bottom boards (both Australian GMs scored points against their bottom boards and Brandon managed to steal half a point from Mamedov). They also said if it is the top boards against the top boards (which happens in the last round), they will beat Australia comfortably like 3.5 to 0.5.

Before the last round they only needed to score 2 points to win overall - they failed by scoring just 1 point. So their expectations had fallen from 3.5 to 2, and in reallity they could only score 1.

Vlad
29-01-2018, 11:47 AM
The great news: On Sunday the Australian team will face Magnus Carlsen's team!!!

Vlad
30-01-2018, 10:11 AM
The third round pairings are up:

Joshua Friedel 2547 vs 2319 Brandon Clarke
Zbigniew Pakleza 2496 vs 2468 Temur Kuybokarov
Andrey Ostrovskiy 2444 vs 2508 Anton Smirnov
Nazi Paikidze 2352 vs 2541 Alexey Sarana

The average rating is 2459 for both teams. We are on average 19 years old, while they are almost 30.

Garrett
30-01-2018, 06:09 PM
Thanks very much for the updates Vlad !

Will follow the games/results if I can.

Good luck to our players !

cheers Garrett.

Vlad
31-01-2018, 10:47 AM
Thanks Garrett. The third round will start at 1.20 pm tomorrow.

Vlad
01-02-2018, 06:11 PM
We scored a very convincing victory with 10.5 vs 5.5.

Leonid Sandler
01-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Very interesting competition indeed! Our team did well today and hopefully will play in the same winning ways on Sunday.

Vlad
03-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Tomorrow morning at 10 am our team

2606 Evgenij Miroshnichenko
2541 Alexey Sarana
2508 Anton Smirnov
2319 Brandon Clarke

will face 8 teams from the Atlantic division.

Desmond
04-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Aussies in 2nd going into final round

Vlad
04-02-2018, 10:41 PM
We finished the 3-d out of 16 teams, which counted as a victory as we got into the top 6. Next Thursday is a very tough match against pandas.

Vlad
05-02-2018, 03:00 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/225445060

Vlad
16-02-2018, 01:35 PM
We defeated Dallas with 9:7. The videos about the match -

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229164391

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229181907

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229190422

Garrett
16-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Great news ! Congratulations !

If there are any interesting games please post them.

cheers Garrett.

Vlad
16-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Anton was quite proud by the following game:
https://www.chess.com/live/game/2617469079

The two moves to note are 15. Rb5 ... and 41. f4... Note how the commentators discussed the position after 15. Rb5... It is like - what is going on here?? They make some comments but mostly incorrect.

If 15... Qa4 Anton intended to play 16. Rbb1 cd 17. Be7 dc 18. Rc1... And he missed 18.. Ne7 with the idea of taking the rook by bishop. It is about equal position, but it is easier to play for black.

Vlad
16-02-2018, 09:13 PM
The team that we lost to in the 5th round is the Pandas. In the last round they defeated the team consisting of Mamed'yarov and two 2600+ grandmasters. To my big surprise I have just noticed that the result was reversed.

Garrett
17-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Thanks Vlad, here is the game.

[Event "Live Chess"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2018.02.14"]
[White "AntonSmirnov"]
[Black "dretch"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "C18"]
[WhiteElo "2508"]
[BlackElo "2565"]
[TimeControl "900+2"]
[EndTime "20:54:32 PST"]
[Termination "AntonSmirnov won on time"]
[CurrentPosition "8/P1R5/R5kp/3pP1p1/3Pn1P1/2p5/1r6/3K4 b - - 3 62"]

1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 {[%clk 0:14:58]} 3.Nc3 {[%clk 0:15:03]} Bb4 {[%clk 0:14:55]} 4.e5 {[%clk 0:15:04]} c5 {[%clk 0:14:52]} 5.a3 {[%clk 0:15:05]} Bxc3+ {[%clk 0:14:52]} 6.bxc3 {[%clk 0:15:06]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:14:53]} 7.Qg4 {[%clk 0:15:07]} O-O {[%clk 0:14:53]} 8.Bd3 {[%clk 0:15:06]} Nbc6 {[%clk 0:14:54]} 9.Nf3 {[%clk 0:15:07]} f5 {[%clk 0:14:54]} 10.Qg5 {[%clk 0:15:08]} Qb6 {[%clk 0:14:12]} 11.O-O {[%clk 0:14:43]} Bd7 {[%clk 0:13:17]} 12.a4 {[%clk 0:14:25]} Rae8 {[%clk 0:12:27]} 13.Ba3 {[%clk 0:14:17]} c4 {[%clk 0:12:14]} 14.Rfb1 {[%clk 0:11:49]} Qa5 {[%clk 0:11:46]} 15.Rb5 {[%clk 0:11:13]} Qd8 {[%clk 0:07:55]} 16.Be2 {[%clk 0:10:55]} b6 {[%clk 0:07:55]} 17.Rbb1 {[%clk 0:10:43]} f4 {[%clk 0:07:46]} 18.Nh4 {[%clk 0:09:46]} h6 {[%clk 0:07:24]} 19.Qg4 {[%clk 0:06:53]} Kh7 {[%clk 0:07:22]} 20.Qh3 {[%clk 0:06:28]} g5 {[%clk 0:06:58]} 21.Nf3 {[%clk 0:06:27]} Rg8 {[%clk 0:06:53]} 22.Nd2 {[%clk 0:06:26]} Ref8 {[%clk 0:05:56]} 23.Bg4 {[%clk 0:06:10]} Rg6 {[%clk 0:05:35]} 24.Qf3 {[%clk 0:04:51]} Rfg8 {[%clk 0:05:19]} 25.g3 {[%clk 0:04:45]} R6g7 {[%clk 0:03:56]} 26.Kh1 {[%clk 0:04:34]} Ng6 {[%clk 0:03:56]} 27.Bd6 {[%clk 0:03:59]} Nce7 {[%clk 0:03:49]} 28.a5 {[%clk 0:03:59]} b5 {[%clk 0:03:47]} 29.a6 {[%clk 0:04:01]} Nf5 {[%clk 0:03:41]} 30.Bc5 {[%clk 0:03:28]} Bc6 {[%clk 0:03:33]} 31.Rg1 {[%clk 0:03:18]} Qc8 {[%clk 0:03:01]} 32.Qe2 {[%clk 0:03:12]} Rf7 {[%clk 0:02:54]} 33.Bh5 {[%clk 0:03:13]} Ng7 {[%clk 0:02:52]} 34.Bxg6+ {[%clk 0:02:57]} Kxg6 {[%clk 0:02:52]} 35.gxf4 {[%clk 0:02:58]} Rxf4 {[%clk 0:02:46]} 36.Bxa7 {[%clk 0:02:52]} Qf8 {[%clk 0:02:26]} 37.Rg2 {[%clk 0:02:06]} Qf5 {[%clk 0:02:24]} 38.Nf1 {[%clk 0:02:06]} Rf3 {[%clk 0:01:13]} 39.Ng3 {[%clk 0:01:33]} Qf7 {[%clk 0:00:59]} 40.Bc5 {[%clk 0:01:34]} Rxc3 {[%clk 0:00:58]} 41.f4 {[%clk 0:01:10]} Qxf4 {[%clk 0:00:41]} 42.Rf1 {[%clk 0:01:06]} Qh4 {[%clk 0:00:30]} 43.Qe1 {[%clk 0:01:01]} Rxg3 {[%clk 0:00:13]} 44.Qxg3 {[%clk 0:01:00]} Qxg3 {[%clk 0:00:09]} 45.hxg3 {[%clk 0:01:01]} Nf5 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 46.g4 {[%clk 0:01:02]} Ne3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 47.Rf6+ {[%clk 0:01:02]} Kg7 {[%clk 0:00:06]} 48.Rg3 {[%clk 0:00:36]} Nxc2 {[%clk 0:00:05]} 49.Rc3 {[%clk 0:00:36]} Ne1 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 50.Rxe6 {[%clk 0:00:36]} Ba8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 51.Rb6 {[%clk 0:00:33]} Nd3 {[%clk 0:00:05]} 52.Rxb5 {[%clk 0:00:32]} Bc6 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 53.Rb6 {[%clk 0:00:28]} Nxc5 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 54.Rxc6 {[%clk 0:00:25]} Ne4 {[%clk 0:00:05]} 55.Ra3 {[%clk 0:00:21]} Rb8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 56.a7 {[%clk 0:00:19]} Rb1+ {[%clk 0:00:03]} 57.Kg2 {[%clk 0:00:19]} Rb2+ {[%clk 0:00:04]} 58.Kf3 {[%clk 0:00:16]} Nd2+ {[%clk 0:00:03]} 59.Ke2 {[%clk 0:00:13]} Ne4+ {[%clk 0:00:03]} 60.Kd1 {[%clk 0:00:14]} c3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} 61.Rc7+ {[%clk 0:00:13]} Kg6 {[%clk 0:00:03]} 62.Ra6+ {[%clk 0:00:14]}

AntonSmirnov won on time

ESFC1881
17-02-2018, 09:18 AM
The team that we lost to in the 5th round is the Pandas. In the last round they defeated the team consisting of Mamed'yarov and two 2600+ grandmasters. To my big surprise I have just noticed that the result was reversed.

Why was the result reversed Vlad?

Vlad
17-02-2018, 10:57 AM
I presume some cheating. The organizers promised to give more details within 48 hours.

Unfortunately for us the organizers do not want to change our result against pandas...:)

Vlad
23-02-2018, 11:39 AM
This Sunday morning the Australian team (Evgenij Miroshnichenko, Zong-Yuan Zhao, Anton Smirnov and Brandon Clarke) will face Norway with Magnus playing on board 1!

Vlad
27-02-2018, 05:43 AM
The first time ever in the Australian chess history - the current world chess champion will represent Australia in the next Pro Chess League match on Thursday the 1st of March!

bundys_bro
27-02-2018, 07:42 AM
How did you manage achieving that Vlad?? It’s quite amazing to say the least

Vlad
27-02-2018, 08:35 AM
Thanks to our sponsor - The Offshore Oil Limited!

The pairings for this Thursday are

Alexey Dreev 2648 vs 2468 Temur Kuybokarov
Samuel Sevian 2610 vs 2486 Moulthun Ly
John Daniel Bryant 2428 vs 2508 Anton Smirnov
Siddharth Banik 2115 vs 2509 Tan Zhongyi

Vlad
09-03-2018, 07:04 AM
Yes, we managed to qualify for the next stage! Carlsen team did not make it! Nakamura team did not make it! Mamed'yarov team did not qualify (with all the help from the organizers they could possibly get)!

Unprecedented achievement for the Australian chess!!

Next match is on the 14th of March at 2.40 pm Sydney time. We are facing the Dreev team again. We were very close to defeating them last week. I think we have very good chances going to the next stage.

Metro
10-03-2018, 12:22 AM

Vlad
10-03-2018, 09:16 AM
"To be, or not to be: that is the question..."

Well, in our interpretation is "To play, or not to play..." Or more specifically, to supply an "uncompetitive" team (as organizers knocking down players by introducing unreasonable expectations) or withdraw... Not an easy decision...

dbaussie
14-03-2018, 03:12 PM
Congratulations to the team on crushing San Diego 10.5 to 5.5 and making it thru to the semi-finals

Vlad
14-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Not that quickly unfortunately, next match will be against pandas in the quarter-finals...

Vlad
15-03-2018, 07:49 AM
The match yesterday was fantastic! To see the game go to https://www.chess.com/blog/PROChessLeague/australia-kangaroos-clobber-san-diego-surfers and click on a square in the table.

For example, this is the game between Anton and a former heavy weight Aleksei Dreev (Anton is black):

[Event "Live Chess"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2018.03.13"]
[White "Igrok3069"]
[Black "AntonSmirnov"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "D00"]
[WhiteElo "2648"]
[BlackElo "2446"]
[TimeControl "900+2"]
[EndTime "20:35:05 PDT"]
[Termination "AntonSmirnov won by resignation"]
[CurrentPosition "rnbqkbnr/ppp1pppp/8/3p4/3P4/8/PPP1PPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq d6 0 2"]

1.d4 {[%clk 0:14:59]} d5 {[%clk 0:15:00]} 2.c4 {[%clk 0:15:00]} c6 {[%clk 0:15:02]} 3.Nf3 {[%clk 0:15:00]} Nf6 {[%clk 0:15:03]} 4.e3 {[%clk 0:15:01]} Bg4 {[%clk 0:15:03]} 5.Nc3 {[%clk 0:14:57]} e6 {[%clk 0:15:04]} 6.Qb3 {[%clk 0:14:58]} Qb6 {[%clk 0:15:04]} 7.Nh4 {[%clk 0:14:58]} Bh5 {[%clk 0:15:04]} 8.h3 {[%clk 0:14:59]} Be7 {[%clk 0:15:05]} 9.g4 {[%clk 0:14:53]} Bg6 {[%clk 0:15:05]} 10.Nxg6 {[%clk 0:14:54]} hxg6 {[%clk 0:15:06]} 11.Bg2 {[%clk 0:14:53]} g5 {[%clk 0:15:07]} 12.Bd2 {[%clk 0:14:49]} Nbd7 {[%clk 0:15:07]} 13.O-O-O {[%clk 0:13:37]} Qxb3 {[%clk 0:15:07]} 14.axb3 {[%clk 0:13:37]} Nf8 {[%clk 0:15:03]} 15.e4 {[%clk 0:12:44]} Nxe4 {[%clk 0:15:02]} 16.Nxe4 {[%clk 0:12:02]} dxe4 {[%clk 0:15:02]} 17.Bxe4 {[%clk 0:12:04]} O-O-O {[%clk 0:13:59]} 18.Be3 {[%clk 0:12:04]} Nd7 {[%clk 0:13:04]} 19.Bg2 {[%clk 0:11:34]} Nb6 {[%clk 0:12:20]} 20.Kc2 {[%clk 0:11:05]} Bf6 {[%clk 0:12:10]} 21.Rd2 {[%clk 0:10:51]} Rd7 {[%clk 0:11:10]} 22.Ra1 {[%clk 0:10:51]} Rhd8 {[%clk 0:11:10]} 23.Rxa7 {[%clk 0:10:20]} Kb8 {[%clk 0:10:59]} 24.Ra5 {[%clk 0:08:38]} Bxd4 {[%clk 0:10:50]} 25.Rxd4 {[%clk 0:06:48]} Rxd4 {[%clk 0:10:50]} 26.Rxg5 {[%clk 0:06:48]} g6 {[%clk 0:10:26]} 27.Ra5 {[%clk 0:06:44]} Kc7 {[%clk 0:09:24]} 28.Ra1 {[%clk 0:05:48]} e5 {[%clk 0:09:20]} 29.Re1 {[%clk 0:05:09]} R4d7 {[%clk 0:08:50]} 30.Bg5 {[%clk 0:05:02]} Re8 {[%clk 0:08:51]} 31.Bf6 {[%clk 0:04:09]} Re6 {[%clk 0:08:32]} 32.g5 {[%clk 0:03:02]} Nc8 {[%clk 0:07:23]} 33.h4 {[%clk 0:02:35]} Rd4 {[%clk 0:07:16]} 34.Bxe5+ {[%clk 0:01:58]} Rxe5 {[%clk 0:07:16]} 35.Rxe5 {[%clk 0:01:58]} Rxh4 {[%clk 0:07:17]} 36.Re4 {[%clk 0:00:50]} Rh2 {[%clk 0:06:43]} 37.Rg4 {[%clk 0:00:51]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:06:41]} 38.Kc3 {[%clk 0:00:44]} Nf5 {[%clk 0:06:36]} 39.b4 {[%clk 0:00:42]} b6 {[%clk 0:06:16]} 40.b5 {[%clk 0:00:36]} cxb5 {[%clk 0:06:15]} 41.Bd5 {[%clk 0:00:33]} Rxf2 {[%clk 0:06:09]} 42.Re4 {[%clk 0:00:20]} Nd6 {[%clk 0:05:29]} 43.Re7+ {[%clk 0:00:20]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:05:31]} 44.Ra7 {[%clk 0:00:17]} bxc4 {[%clk 0:05:27]} 45.Bc6 {[%clk 0:00:18]} Kc8 {[%clk 0:05:21]} 46.Re7 {[%clk 0:00:16]} Rf5 {[%clk 0:05:14]} 47.Rd7 {[%clk 0:00:14]} Ne4+ {[%clk 0:04:51]} 48.Kb4 {[%clk 0:00:09]} Nxg5 {[%clk 0:04:40]} 49.Re7 {[%clk 0:00:07]} Rf2 {[%clk 0:04:32]} 50.Kc3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ne6 {[%clk 0:04:30]} 51.Bd5 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:04:23]} 52.Rb7 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Nc7 {[%clk 0:04:06]} 53.Bxc4 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Rf6 {[%clk 0:04:05]} 54.Rb8+ {[%clk 0:00:04]} Kd7 {[%clk 0:04:06]} 55.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ke7 {[%clk 0:04:01]} 56.Rc8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kd7 {[%clk 0:03:52]} 57.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ne6 {[%clk 0:03:52]} 58.Rb8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kc7 {[%clk 0:03:46]} 59.Re8 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Nd8 {[%clk 0:03:29]} 60.Kd4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Nc6+ {[%clk 0:03:29]} 61.Ke3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Rf5 {[%clk 0:03:26]} 62.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ne5 {[%clk 0:03:23]} 63.Be2 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Nd7 {[%clk 0:03:21]} 64.Rg8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Re5+ {[%clk 0:03:19]} 65.Kd2 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Re7 {[%clk 0:03:19]} 66.Bc4 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ne5 {[%clk 0:03:19]} 67.Be2 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f6 {[%clk 0:03:14]} 68.b4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} g5 {[%clk 0:03:14]} 69.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Rd7+ {[%clk 0:03:13]} 70.Ke3 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Rd6 {[%clk 0:03:14]} 71.Ke4 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Nc6 {[%clk 0:03:12]} 72.Rf7+ {[%clk 0:00:06]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:03:11]} 73.b5 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:03:06]} 74.Rf8+ {[%clk 0:00:03]} Kc7 {[%clk 0:03:06]} 75.Bg4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ng6 {[%clk 0:02:51]} 76.Rf7+ {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:02:52]} 77.Rg7 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:02:51]} 78.Rh7 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ng6 {[%clk 0:02:40]} 79.Rg7 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Nh4 {[%clk 0:02:38]} 80.Rg8+ {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ke7 {[%clk 0:02:39]} 81.Rg7+ {[%clk 0:00:06]} Kf8 {[%clk 0:02:41]} 82.Rb7 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Ng6 {[%clk 0:02:41]} 83.Bd7 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:02:36]} 84.Bg4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Kf7 {[%clk 0:02:35]} 85.Bh5+ {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ke6 {[%clk 0:02:35]} 86.Be8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f5+ {[%clk 0:02:36]} 87.Kf3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} g4+ {[%clk 0:02:36]} 88.Kg3 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kf6 {[%clk 0:02:35]} 89.Bd7 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Kg5 {[%clk 0:02:34]} 90.Be8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f4+ {[%clk 0:02:30]} 91.Kf2 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Re6 {[%clk 0:02:29]} 92.Bd7 {[%clk 0:00:05]} g3+ {[%clk 0:02:28]} 93.Kf1 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Re3 {[%clk 0:02:21]} 94.Rxb6 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f3 {[%clk 0:02:22]} 95.Bh3 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Rb3 {[%clk 0:02:13]} 96.Re6 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Rb1+ {[%clk 0:02:07]} 0-1

Vlad
20-03-2018, 07:15 AM
It is highly likely that on Thursday is the last match for Kangaroos this season. We are up against the Chinese wall...:)

Alexey Sarana 2541 vs 2173 Chu Ruotong
Anton Smirnov 2508 vs 2549 Xu Xiangyu
Temur Kuybokarov 2468 vs 2674 Ni Hua
Brandon Clarke 2319 vs 2750 Yu Yangyi

Boys, prove me wrong!

Metro
20-03-2018, 09:34 PM
It is highly likely that on Thursday is the last match for Kangaroos this season. We are up against the Chinese wall...:)

Alexey Sarana 2541 vs 2173 Chu Ruotong
Anton Smirnov 2508 vs 2549 Xu Xiangyu
Temur Kuybokarov 2468 vs 2674 Ni Hua
Brandon Clarke 2319 vs 2750 Yu Yangyi

Boys, prove me wrong!

Pieceacake :lol:

Vlad
20-03-2018, 10:08 PM
They only give us 6.5 points... I am sure we are better than that.
https://www.chess.com/blog/NapoleonBonaparteIV/pro-chess-league-quarterfinals-primer-whos-in-and-whos-out

Metro
20-03-2018, 11:27 PM
How Australia Wins

It took some serious magic for Australia to make it this far. After failing to beat a relegated Rio Grande Osprey team in the regular season finale, the Kangaroos had to wait for Mammedyarov and the San Jose Hackers to fall short against the San Diego Surfers to claim a playoff bid. After barely qualifying, the Aussies then destroyed that same San Diego squad 10.5-5.5, tying for the biggest winning margin on the day. So who exactly are the Kangaroos?

Remember the Match of the Millennials where the World team beat the US by a staggering margin? Well GMs Alexey Sarana and Anton Smirnov are back, and the two-man tandem lead Australia on boards 1 and 2, respectively. These two 2500+ grandmasters are a combined 52/80 against strong Pacific Division competition - the impressive part? Both of these guys put up 3.5/4 against San Diego last week. Talk about winning big games!

The Kangaroos have gone with a different look than last week in the secondary, moving up IM Teymur Kuybokarov from fourth board to third to make room for FM Brandon Clarke on fourth board. I really like this proactive "risk" from the manager. While Clarke may be the lowest player on the Aussie's roster by nearly 100 points, he holds a 2546 TPR through 28 games for the Kangaroos - including an 8/8 Super Saturday run......

If Australia is going to win, they need to score 4/4 against Chengdu's Chu Ruotong. While Ruotung has out-performed her rating by 100+ points with a 12/32 score, I think its important that the Kangaroos get a bulk of their points here. Furthermore, I think Australia will need more than 1 point from every player. In a dream world, Sarana and Smirnov both get 3/4, leaving Kuybokarov and Clarke with the task of scoring a combined 2.5/8... of course scoring 3/4 against the Pandas' team is no easy task.

Vlad
22-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately, we lost 9:7 at the end, thanks everybody for your support!

Desmond
24-03-2018, 01:40 PM
The match yesterday was fantastic! To see the game go to https://www.chess.com/blog/PROChessLeague/australia-kangaroos-clobber-san-diego-surfers and click on a square in the table.

For example, this is the game between Anton and a former heavy weight Aleksei Dreev (Anton is black):

[Event "Live Chess"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2018.03.13"]
[White "Igrok3069"]
[Black "AntonSmirnov"]
[Result "0-1"]
[ECO "D00"]
[WhiteElo "2648"]
[BlackElo "2446"]
[TimeControl "900+2"]
[EndTime "20:35:05 PDT"]
[Termination "AntonSmirnov won by resignation"]
[CurrentPosition "rnbqkbnr/ppp1pppp/8/3p4/3P4/8/PPP1PPPP/RNBQKBNR w KQkq d6 0 2"]

1.d4 {[%clk 0:14:59]} d5 {[%clk 0:15:00]} 2.c4 {[%clk 0:15:00]} c6 {[%clk 0:15:02]} 3.Nf3 {[%clk 0:15:00]} Nf6 {[%clk 0:15:03]} 4.e3 {[%clk 0:15:01]} Bg4 {[%clk 0:15:03]} 5.Nc3 {[%clk 0:14:57]} e6 {[%clk 0:15:04]} 6.Qb3 {[%clk 0:14:58]} Qb6 {[%clk 0:15:04]} 7.Nh4 {[%clk 0:14:58]} Bh5 {[%clk 0:15:04]} 8.h3 {[%clk 0:14:59]} Be7 {[%clk 0:15:05]} 9.g4 {[%clk 0:14:53]} Bg6 {[%clk 0:15:05]} 10.Nxg6 {[%clk 0:14:54]} hxg6 {[%clk 0:15:06]} 11.Bg2 {[%clk 0:14:53]} g5 {[%clk 0:15:07]} 12.Bd2 {[%clk 0:14:49]} Nbd7 {[%clk 0:15:07]} 13.O-O-O {[%clk 0:13:37]} Qxb3 {[%clk 0:15:07]} 14.axb3 {[%clk 0:13:37]} Nf8 {[%clk 0:15:03]} 15.e4 {[%clk 0:12:44]} Nxe4 {[%clk 0:15:02]} 16.Nxe4 {[%clk 0:12:02]} dxe4 {[%clk 0:15:02]} 17.Bxe4 {[%clk 0:12:04]} O-O-O {[%clk 0:13:59]} 18.Be3 {[%clk 0:12:04]} Nd7 {[%clk 0:13:04]} 19.Bg2 {[%clk 0:11:34]} Nb6 {[%clk 0:12:20]} 20.Kc2 {[%clk 0:11:05]} Bf6 {[%clk 0:12:10]} 21.Rd2 {[%clk 0:10:51]} Rd7 {[%clk 0:11:10]} 22.Ra1 {[%clk 0:10:51]} Rhd8 {[%clk 0:11:10]} 23.Rxa7 {[%clk 0:10:20]} Kb8 {[%clk 0:10:59]} 24.Ra5 {[%clk 0:08:38]} Bxd4 {[%clk 0:10:50]} 25.Rxd4 {[%clk 0:06:48]} Rxd4 {[%clk 0:10:50]} 26.Rxg5 {[%clk 0:06:48]} g6 {[%clk 0:10:26]} 27.Ra5 {[%clk 0:06:44]} Kc7 {[%clk 0:09:24]} 28.Ra1 {[%clk 0:05:48]} e5 {[%clk 0:09:20]} 29.Re1 {[%clk 0:05:09]} R4d7 {[%clk 0:08:50]} 30.Bg5 {[%clk 0:05:02]} Re8 {[%clk 0:08:51]} 31.Bf6 {[%clk 0:04:09]} Re6 {[%clk 0:08:32]} 32.g5 {[%clk 0:03:02]} Nc8 {[%clk 0:07:23]} 33.h4 {[%clk 0:02:35]} Rd4 {[%clk 0:07:16]} 34.Bxe5+ {[%clk 0:01:58]} Rxe5 {[%clk 0:07:16]} 35.Rxe5 {[%clk 0:01:58]} Rxh4 {[%clk 0:07:17]} 36.Re4 {[%clk 0:00:50]} Rh2 {[%clk 0:06:43]} 37.Rg4 {[%clk 0:00:51]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:06:41]} 38.Kc3 {[%clk 0:00:44]} Nf5 {[%clk 0:06:36]} 39.b4 {[%clk 0:00:42]} b6 {[%clk 0:06:16]} 40.b5 {[%clk 0:00:36]} cxb5 {[%clk 0:06:15]} 41.Bd5 {[%clk 0:00:33]} Rxf2 {[%clk 0:06:09]} 42.Re4 {[%clk 0:00:20]} Nd6 {[%clk 0:05:29]} 43.Re7+ {[%clk 0:00:20]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:05:31]} 44.Ra7 {[%clk 0:00:17]} bxc4 {[%clk 0:05:27]} 45.Bc6 {[%clk 0:00:18]} Kc8 {[%clk 0:05:21]} 46.Re7 {[%clk 0:00:16]} Rf5 {[%clk 0:05:14]} 47.Rd7 {[%clk 0:00:14]} Ne4+ {[%clk 0:04:51]} 48.Kb4 {[%clk 0:00:09]} Nxg5 {[%clk 0:04:40]} 49.Re7 {[%clk 0:00:07]} Rf2 {[%clk 0:04:32]} 50.Kc3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ne6 {[%clk 0:04:30]} 51.Bd5 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:04:23]} 52.Rb7 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Nc7 {[%clk 0:04:06]} 53.Bxc4 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Rf6 {[%clk 0:04:05]} 54.Rb8+ {[%clk 0:00:04]} Kd7 {[%clk 0:04:06]} 55.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ke7 {[%clk 0:04:01]} 56.Rc8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kd7 {[%clk 0:03:52]} 57.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ne6 {[%clk 0:03:52]} 58.Rb8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kc7 {[%clk 0:03:46]} 59.Re8 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Nd8 {[%clk 0:03:29]} 60.Kd4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Nc6+ {[%clk 0:03:29]} 61.Ke3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Rf5 {[%clk 0:03:26]} 62.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ne5 {[%clk 0:03:23]} 63.Be2 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Nd7 {[%clk 0:03:21]} 64.Rg8 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Re5+ {[%clk 0:03:19]} 65.Kd2 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Re7 {[%clk 0:03:19]} 66.Bc4 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ne5 {[%clk 0:03:19]} 67.Be2 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f6 {[%clk 0:03:14]} 68.b4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} g5 {[%clk 0:03:14]} 69.Rf8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Rd7+ {[%clk 0:03:13]} 70.Ke3 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Rd6 {[%clk 0:03:14]} 71.Ke4 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Nc6 {[%clk 0:03:12]} 72.Rf7+ {[%clk 0:00:06]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:03:11]} 73.b5 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:03:06]} 74.Rf8+ {[%clk 0:00:03]} Kc7 {[%clk 0:03:06]} 75.Bg4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ng6 {[%clk 0:02:51]} 76.Rf7+ {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kd8 {[%clk 0:02:52]} 77.Rg7 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:02:51]} 78.Rh7 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ng6 {[%clk 0:02:40]} 79.Rg7 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Nh4 {[%clk 0:02:38]} 80.Rg8+ {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ke7 {[%clk 0:02:39]} 81.Rg7+ {[%clk 0:00:06]} Kf8 {[%clk 0:02:41]} 82.Rb7 {[%clk 0:00:06]} Ng6 {[%clk 0:02:41]} 83.Bd7 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Ne7 {[%clk 0:02:36]} 84.Bg4 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Kf7 {[%clk 0:02:35]} 85.Bh5+ {[%clk 0:00:05]} Ke6 {[%clk 0:02:35]} 86.Be8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f5+ {[%clk 0:02:36]} 87.Kf3 {[%clk 0:00:04]} g4+ {[%clk 0:02:36]} 88.Kg3 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Kf6 {[%clk 0:02:35]} 89.Bd7 {[%clk 0:00:04]} Kg5 {[%clk 0:02:34]} 90.Be8 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f4+ {[%clk 0:02:30]} 91.Kf2 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Re6 {[%clk 0:02:29]} 92.Bd7 {[%clk 0:00:05]} g3+ {[%clk 0:02:28]} 93.Kf1 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Re3 {[%clk 0:02:21]} 94.Rxb6 {[%clk 0:00:04]} f3 {[%clk 0:02:22]} 95.Bh3 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Rb3 {[%clk 0:02:13]} 96.Re6 {[%clk 0:00:05]} Rb1+ {[%clk 0:02:07]} 0-1

Dreev is a very nice scalp. :clap:

Vlad
08-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Pandas managed to bring a weaker version of their team to the USA and still they destroyed turtles 9.5 vs 6.5 in the semifinals.

My guess they will beat Armenia with a massive score in the finals, and Australian Kangaroos will be the second team in the league...:)

Vlad
28-04-2018, 01:19 PM
There is a vote going right now on the pro chess league and Anton is one of the options. So if any Australians want to support the youngest ever Australian GM, you could do that here https://twitter.com/PROChessLeague?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.prochessleague.com%2F

Vlad
01-05-2018, 09:55 PM
There is a massive attack by Mamedyarov team. Just about 1 hour ago Anton had a comfortable advantage (42% vs 27%) and now it is (39% vs 33%).

Adamski
01-05-2018, 11:08 PM
I voted for Anton - and Vishy. Anton was leading on 40% and Vishy was well ahead.

Vlad
02-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Thanks adamski! We managed to survive a massive attack overnight. The current score is 39% for Anton vs 36%. The healthy difference of 15% diminished to bare 3 %.

Vlad
04-05-2018, 10:49 PM
There is a massive attack on Gawain Jones. If you have a twitter account please support our friendly Englishmen. Only 2 hours left until the end of voting. https://twitter.com/PROChessLeague?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.prochessleague.com%2F

The difference is less than 10 votes for Gawain. Every vote could be decisive.

Vlad
05-05-2018, 12:16 AM
28 minutes to go, 41 each... Who can save Jones??

Vlad
05-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Thanks to everybody who helped us in both polls! Now in the preparation mode to play against the world champion!

Vlad
02-06-2018, 04:01 PM
We have finally received the details from organizers. All-Star Event is scheduled to be on Sunday, September 9th 2018, 2 AM Sydney Time; around 2 weeks before the Olympiad.

Vlad
24-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately the really top guys are not playing. However, some of the names are very impressive.

Eastern Division:

Vidit Gujrathi
Hrant Melkumyan
Zaven Andriasyan
Abhijeet Gupta

Central Division:

Maxime Vachier-Lagrave
Georg Meier
Gawain Jones
Luka Lenic

Atlantic Division:

Aleksandr Shimanov
Eduardo Iturrizaga
Yaro Zherebukh
Alex Lenderman

Pacific Division:

Hikaru Nakamura
Yu Yangyi
Alexey Dreev
Anton Smirnov

Vlad
08-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Just a reminder that the big night is tonight. Anton's team Includes Hikaru Nakamura, Aleksey Dreev and Jeffery Xiong.

The match will start on chess.com at 2 am (in about 6 hours). In the first half, Anton will play the following 12 games:

Round 1 Smirnov vs Quang Le
Round 2 Jones vs Smirnov
Round 3 Smirnov vs Gujrathi
Round 4 Iturrizaga vs Smirnov
Round 5 Smirnov vs Vachier-Lagrave
Round 6 Melkumyan vs Smirnov
Round 7 Smirnov vs Shimanov
Round 8 Smirnov vs Lenic
Round 9 Gupta vs Smirnov
Round 10 Lenderman vs Smirnov
Round 11 Smirnov vs Andriasyan
Round 12 Meier vs Smirnov

Thebes
09-09-2018, 04:03 AM
Very impressive performance by Anton with 7/12, for some context Hikaru scored 8/12 against identical opponents.
I believe the format is a "King of the hill" type of format so Anton's team (Pacific Division) have automatically qualified for the final match.

Vlad
09-09-2018, 01:43 PM
GeorgMeier: this is a very tough format, as you can all see

GeorgMeier: most games are very difficult

Reminds me the Crocodile Dundee story from last year...

PS: It was amusing that when asked whether he was used to playing 2 rounds of classical chess per day, Anton replied with 'I'm used to playing plenty of games, as in Australia we play up to 3 classical games per day' (see the Youtube clip (https://youtu.be/fw-VLkHfpP4?t=3h59m)) which surprised the commentators (see their reaction (https://youtu.be/fw-VLkHfpP4?t=5h9m15s))!

Vlad
29-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Pro chess league has contacted me and they need to know if the Australian team will play in the 2019 season. The deadline is this Sunday. Unless somebody wants to manage the Australian team, I am planning to say that there will be no Australian team next year.