PDA

View Full Version : Matt's Disappearance

Trent Parker
25-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Heard you went on Holiday (or at least went o/s)?
Where'd you go? Anything interesting?

On one of the threads you said your disappearing again. Where are you off to this time?

arosar
25-11-2004, 12:09 PM
And this deserves a whole thread? Ask him in a PM.

We shouldn't have threads created about a specific member. It's inappropriate.

AR

Trent Parker
25-11-2004, 12:11 PM

AR

Fine :hand:

PHAT
25-11-2004, 12:21 PM

AR

Guru had a monster thread
Speck had a humongous thread
CL had a a chunk of several threads
You too can have one. Shall I start it ;)

It is non-chess, it will be short.

Bill Gletsos
25-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Guru had a monster thread
Speck had a humongous thread
CL had a a chunk of several threads
You too can have one. Shall I start it ;)

It is non-chess, it will be short.
In fact if I recall correctly the GURU thread was started by AR.

Garvinator
25-11-2004, 12:28 PM
that is true, it was about the hobart mercury article about the guru's chess activities in Tasmania.

PHAT
25-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Heard you went on Holiday (or at least went o/s)?
Where'd you go? Anything interesting?

On one of the threads you said your disappearing again. Where are you off to this time?

The Reef The Rock and The Road. Those three are, after all, THE icons. But it is the omnipotence of vast nothingness that most lingers.

Will be off camping until Feb. Although I hope to organise myself to play the MtB Minor and the Summer Fairfield. However, I didn't even look at a chess board for two months. I played a few quick games yesterday :( Rust is a fast process, and now I am gunna rust a lot more :eek:

arosar
25-11-2004, 01:28 PM

But it wasn't about the Guru. It was about a news item. That it turned into a discussion about the Guru's business practices wasn't even my intent.

AR

antichrist
26-11-2004, 04:22 PM

Remember Bill's asleep.

BIll
I still reakon if it was me who stuffed up on something like PNG disqualification you would have been still putting the boot in.
Talk about softly softly

Rhubarb
26-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Matty, I need your help with regards to psychiatric diagnoses. I had antichrist pegged as solipsistic, but now I find out that intelligence is a correlative trait. Clearly a failed diagnosis.

antichrist
26-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Matty, I need your help with regards to psychiatric diagnoses. I had antichrist pegged as solipsistic, but now I find out that intelligence is a correlative trait. Clearly a failed diagnosis.

What does solipsistic mean? Please explain

PHAT
26-11-2004, 11:41 PM

The theory that the self is the only thing that can be known and verified or that the self is the only reality.

I donb't know that A-C is like that. I thi nk he is jusst "passionate" about expossing how stupid fundies are, and they reely are.

BTW, withr eguard to A_G ,"eccentric" is not uninteliget

PHAT
26-11-2004, 11:47 PM

OH YES and I can recomend a chaprterfor "THe Hitch Hikers' Guide to the GAlxy" where Arther and Trillian meeet the ruler of then universe.

Rhubarb
27-11-2004, 07:11 PM
I donb't know that A-C is like that. Okay, I don't really believe he is solipsistic; it's just that in post #9 of this thread, AC takes a matter completely unrelated to the current discussion then by an amazing feat of mental gymnastics somehow relates this matter to himself. To say he is solipsistic is just a pyscho-babble way of saying he thinks the universe revolves around him.

I thi nk he is jusst "passionate" about expossing how stupid fundies are, and they reely are.No argument from me about how stupid fundamentalists are, but when he keeps raving on and on (and on) about it in inappropriate threads, you realise that he's just as stupid.

BTW, withr eguard to A_G ,"eccentric" is not uninteligetTrue, but in antichrist's case they're obviously not mutually exclusive.

antichrist
30-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Okay, I don't really believe he is solipsistic; it's just that in post #9 of this thread, AC takes a matter completely unrelated to the current discussion then by an amazing feat of mental gymnastics somehow relates this matter to himself. To say he is solipsistic is just a pyscho-babble way of saying he thinks the universe revolves around him.

No argument from me about how stupid fundamentalists are, but when he keeps raving on and on (and on) about it in inappropriate threads, you realise that he's just as stupid.

True, but in antichrist's case they're obviously not mutually exclusive.

Think and say whatever you like, but I was the only one at the very approp first moment of the PNG affair getting an airing warned of the whole team losing points. Shaun may even may even had a chance to read my warning post in time to save the situation. Maybe on the wrong thread again but like in the Does God Exit (with KB's help) I proved everyone wrong again. No one want to face the music on Blood on Hands - Israel being apartheid. You are all hee-hawing gnats as far as I am concerned, not worth two bob the whole lot put together.

The approp of post 9 was that I had ages ago made up a thread about someone else. Again out of thread I will accuse all of you of being the biggest hippocrites if someone else had stuffed up on the PNG team. Sally Robbins probably could not help what she did....