PDA

View Full Version : Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

Gnostic Bishop
19-12-2014, 01:46 AM
Should people marry? It seems that God would forbid it.

Christian scriptures say that in heaven, there is no marriage.

When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
http://biblehub.com/mark/12-25.htm

As above so below, on earth as it is in heaven, indicates that when God returns to reclaim dominion from Satan, marriage will be abolished.

Why then do most religion of the Abrahamic root advocate marriage at all. Especially the polygamy. God does not favor marriage. If no two souls are to marry in heaven, then the law on earth should be that no two people marry.

We should emulate Jesus in all things and remember that as a Jew, he was almost forced by tradition to marry yet never did even though Gnostic Christian scriptures show him as loving Mary Magdalen more than his male disciples. Even kissing her on the (unknown parts). That is why I suggest that Jesus married Mary. Marriage was expected of all Rabbis.

This modern Gnostic Christian thinks marriage is the way to go, with a single mate, be that a mate of the same gender or not. Love is what is important. Not gender. That aside, I think that frees choice should reign in this issue.

Do you think we should abolish marriage and move closer to Godís heavenly law?

Regards
DL

antichrist
19-12-2014, 06:00 AM
I know one woman who married was for a few years, was repeatedly unfaithful during that time and is now getting a huge pay out in divorce proceedings. It does have some advantages.

Adamski
19-12-2014, 02:40 PM
God does not forbid marriage, GB - He encourages it! From Genesis 2 onwards!

"As on earth, so in heaven" does not mean that everything will be the same in heaven as on earth.
You are correct that there will be no marriage in heaven. That is biblical.

MichaelBaron
19-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Why marry? Why buy a book if you can go to library?

antichrist
19-12-2014, 03:13 PM

I have a rich old friend says exactly the same, and all his nieces and nephews are fighting for his will. But he will die alone and another similar friend they did not find his body for 2 weeks.

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
19-12-2014, 03:46 PM

what if the library is full of jean paul Sartre ?

antichrist
19-12-2014, 08:18 PM
I have a rich old friend says exactly the same, and all his nieces and nephews are fighting for his will. But he will die alone and another similar friend they did not find his body for 2 weeks.

They were both afraid of marrying in case a woman got their money..

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
19-12-2014, 09:51 PM

Michael are you saying that you routinely initiate a relationship with a woman then dump her within 3 weeks only to go onto to the next relationship with an identical modus operandi ?

This method sounds a little too callous for my liking.

Can you please elaborate on how this is beneficial to the women whose feelings you are clearly jeapordising ?

antichrist
20-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Michael are you saying that you routinely initiate a relationship with a woman then dump her within 3 weeks only to go onto to the next relationship with an identical modus operandi ?

This method sounds a little too callous for my liking.

Can you please elaborate on how this is beneficial to the women whose feelings you are clearly jeapordising ?

As an environmentalist and antihuman if this leads to less population in the world I am all for it providing the library analogy intention is shared. A relo of mine was like that for 20 years, a library user, but eventually made one lady pregnant, he madly loves his daughter but the mother with child has gone hundreds of miles away and does not consider his feelings. Luckily he is rich and can make flights to Sydney at will to see the little darling he loves. But how long before he tires of that or the mother tires of him and the daughter ends up without two parents. Of course this also happens in marriage but is completely unintentional. I reckon KB would say disagree with me here, he always seems to. KB would say it was unintentional in my cousins case as well.

Kevin Bonham
20-12-2014, 08:59 AM
KB would actually say that trying to determine what your point is in this case or whether you even have one isn't worth the effort.

Gnostic Bishop
21-12-2014, 01:41 AM
I know one woman who married was for a few years, was repeatedly unfaithful during that time and is now getting a huge pay out in divorce proceedings. It does have some advantages.

I know a man in the same boat after he was a jerk. His pay off goes to look after his bastard children.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
21-12-2014, 01:43 AM

"As on earth, so in heaven" does not mean that everything will be the same in heaven as on earth.

You doubt that God will put his laws on earth?

So do I as no sane person would live under the barbaric laws of the bible. Right?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
21-12-2014, 01:45 AM

Indeed. Why would women want men when they can have the pleasure without the garbage.

Regards
DL

antichrist
21-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Indeed. Why would women want men when they can have the pleasure without the garbage.

Regards
DL

And sometimes the pleasure is not guaranteed as well - a lot of trial and error and false starts. There are some nasty diseases out there that having a single partner by both prevents.

antichrist
21-12-2014, 10:02 AM
KB would actually say that trying to determine what your point is in this case or whether you even have one isn't worth the effort.

I will have to remember that filibustering keeps you at bay - throws you off the scent

Rincewind
21-12-2014, 11:10 AM
I will have to remember that filibustering keeps you at bay - throws you off the scent

Could we please try the American Senate system of virtual filibusters where all you have to do is declare a filibuster but not actually say anything (or even attend Senate).

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
22-12-2014, 02:06 AM

At my library I can borrow multiple books at the same time, but it is also necessary that I pay a "fee" when I keep any of these books in excess of the timeframe allowed.

Michael, does your own "special" library have that arrangment as well ? :hmm:

antichrist
22-12-2014, 11:03 AM

Why can't there be marriage in Heaven? What about all those Brides of Christ who have been waiting to get to Heaven to have the marriage consummated? It is not fair to them. And what bout the Muslims with their 72 virgins waiting - surely they will do the right them by them and take their marriage vows first. If not does Heaven have a good supply of shotguns?

Also God could have changed His mind since the Bible?

Adamski
22-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Also God could have changed His mind since the Bible?The only time that God changed His mind was when Abraham convinced him to lower the number of righteous people necessary to save Sodom. But even the lowered target could not be met.

jammo
22-12-2014, 11:31 PM
The only time that God changed His mind was when Abraham convinced him to lower the number of righteous people necessary to save Sodom. But even the lowered target could not be met.

Really? So the "eye for an eye" God of the old testament didn't change his mind and become the "turn the other cheek" God of the new testament?

Gnostic Bishop
25-12-2014, 06:54 AM
And sometimes the pleasure is not guaranteed as well - a lot of trial and error and false starts. There are some nasty diseases out there that having a single partner by both prevents.

Partly why I hold the views I do but most of my concerns are for the children.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
25-12-2014, 07:00 AM
The only time that God changed His mind was when Abraham convinced him to lower the number of righteous people necessary to save Sodom. But even the lowered target could not be met.

Seriously?

Why would women be offered to appease gay men?

Do you not think that to be rather odd? I think it is downright stupid.

Perhaps not for you as you are a literalist and thus an idol worshiper.

Regards
DL

antichrist
25-12-2014, 11:02 PM

But God would have already known that the result would be the same, so he was not doing them a favour by lowering the number. God was just teasing them more in a act of cruelty.

antichrist
25-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Really? So the "eye for an eye" God of the old testament didn't change his mind and become the "turn the other cheek" God of the new testament?

But how can we have an eye for an eye justice model when a person kills more than one person?? Do they get resurrected to be killed again?