PDA

View Full Version : Tasmanian Events 2015

Kevin Bonham
18-12-2014, 01:17 PM
The following events, other than club-night and junior events, are currently scheduled.

Tasmanian Championships March 7, 8, 9 Hobart
Tasmanian Open and Lightning June 6, 7, 8 Burnie
Tasmanian Rapid Championships (+ Devonport Lightning) July 25, 26 Devonport
Chocolate Festival Lightning August 9 Latrobe
Burnie Shines October 24, 25 Burnie

Others may be added. A tournament run by David Rolph at Kingston is expected in about the second week of January but details not yet confirmed.

idledim
18-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Everyone welcome at Devonport - here's the link (#69) to the 2015 calendar:

Devonport Chess Club Calendar 2015 (http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?15485-A-new-chess-club-for-Devonport-Tasmania&p=388281&viewfull=1#post388281)

phyrexianrook
17-01-2015, 06:29 PM
The Tony Sturges Memorial will be run again on Anzac Day in Hobart. I'm thinking of extending this into a weekend event with 2 parts (depending on interest).

The Saturday portion will be the thematic tournament in memory of Tony, while Sunday will host a standard rapid tournament. If this idea gains some momentum we may cement the ANZAC day weekend as a regular Hobart weekender in coming years .

idledim
17-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Thanks Ian - I'll mention it at Devonport on Monday night and at Burnie on Wednesday.

ER
20-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Hi Kev, I am going to be visiting Tassie at the time of the Tasmanian Championships. (March 7, 8, 9) Is that event open to all or restricted to Tasmanians only? Thanks in advance!

phyrexianrook
20-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Hi Kev, I am going to be visiting Tassie at the time of the Tasmanian Championships. (March 7, 8, 9) Is that event open to all or restricted to Tasmanians only? Thanks in advance!

Hi Elliot, No the event is not restricted at all, but should you win you're not eligible for the title of Tasmanian Champion :)

We'd love to have you!

ER
20-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Hi Elliot, No the event is not restricted at all, but should you win you're not eligible for the title of Tasmanian Champion :)

We'd love to have you!

Thanks Phyrexianrook! :) I am almost a cert then! :) I have already inserted the dates in the Important Events category of my diary and hopefully I shall see you all there in March! Cheers and good luck!

ER
21-01-2015, 07:08 AM
Confirmed! Flights and hotel booked. See you there! :)
PS. I presume it's at the school! Well, school or HICC makes no difference to me! :)

Kevin Bonham
21-01-2015, 08:31 AM
PS. I presume it's at the school! Well, school or HICC makes no difference to me! :)

Yes we presume likewise but have to wait until school goes back to confirm that we can book for then. I'll try to get an entry form out in the next week. Great to have you here again.

Kevin Bonham
21-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Oh another event this year is the TCA AGM which is scheduled for March 9 after the last round of the Tas Champs ... and this is the AGM at which I stand down as TCA Secretary after 19 years! I just have too many chess admin roles to do them all justice and it is time for someone else to take over.