PDA

View Full Version : Chess tourny in Palestine?

antichrist
04-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Hey Peter . . . I know it's psychologically hard for you mate, but how about you leave your politics in the non-chess areas, eh?

AR

I was only half joking, you know I am dangerous once I get an idea in my head. I might organise a comp there myself. I see there may have been a Palestinian grandmaster.

You are right it is psychologically difficult for me. I was brought up by the nuns and they really inspired us to stand up for what we believed in. Then during the "civil war" in the Philippines (mid eighties) I was dating a revolutionary and their saying was something like "Happy are those who have a dream and are willing to pay the price to make their dream come true". So I am not the only one. Father Brian Gore was one of those.

Bill Gletsos
04-11-2004, 06:31 PM
I was only half joking, you know I am dangerous once I get an idea in my head. I might organise a comp there myself. I see there may have been a Palestinian grandmaster.

You are right it is psychologically difficult for me. I was brought up by the nuns and they really inspired us to stand up for what we believed in. Then during the "civil war" in the Philippines (mid eighties) I was dating a revolutionary and their saying was something like "Happy are those who have a dream and are willing to pay the price to make their dream come true". So I am not the only one. Father Brian Gore was one of those.
Well stand up in the non chess threads and leave your political crap out of the chess threads.

antichrist
04-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Well stand up in the non chess threads and leave your political crap out of the chess threads.

This is related to chess. I may very well organise a comp in Palestine, I was threatening to. Will you attend as DOP or arbiter? I will give you a special welcome. You have given me the idea. I will arrange a comp here to raise funds for Palestine. Thanks for the provocation.

JGB
04-11-2004, 06:49 PM
This is related to chess. I may very well organise a comp in Palestine, I was threatening to. Will you attend as DOP or arbiter? I will give you a special welcome. You have given me the idea. I will arrange a comp here to raise funds for Palestine. Thanks for the provocation.

Why is that a threat? :hmm:
What do we care about a tourni in Palestine, actually good luck to it.

Garvinator
05-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Why is that a threat? :hmm:
What do we care about a tourni in Palestine, actually good luck to it.
a comp for raising funds for palestine- i wonder how many would turn up :whistle: also who are you going to ask to dop ;) i can think of one ia who would be lining up to do it :whistle:

antichrist
06-11-2004, 12:12 PM
a comp for raising funds for palestine- i wonder how many would turn up :whistle: also who are you going to ask to dop ;) i can think of one ia who would be lining up to do it :whistle:

Whenever I mention a new comp always the same old chestnuts are brought up, who is going to do this, who is going to do that? Those are questions are virtually insignificant to me. I look at the big picture.

Anyway when I get my act together as very busy I will announce. Any volunteers can send me a message. Tell me of the 'ia' please.

Thanks for the support, and again Bill.

antichrist
06-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Editor, can you return this thread to the "chess" section please as is defininely about chess.

Rincewind
06-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Editor, can you return this thread to the "chess" section please as is defininely about chess.

No.

JGB
06-11-2004, 10:17 PM
I find it difficult to believe this thread has over 10,000 views. probably a fault to do with the transfer (split) from the last thread?

Rincewind
06-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I find it difficult to believe this thread has over 10,000 views. probably a fault to do with the transfer (split) from the last thread?

Quite so.

JGB
07-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Wait, perhaps anitchrist got all of his mates in in Palestine to check this thread out. With so many hits im sure he has the personel he need to run his tournament. ;)

Garvinator
07-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Wait, perhaps anitchrist got all of his mates in in Palestine to check this thread out. With so many hits im sure he has the personel he need to run his tournament. ;)
i would suspect that many ppl in australian chess would contribute to a sponsorship fund that would help antichrist to run his tournament in palestine, just as long as he stays there to develop chess there.

antichrist
07-11-2004, 04:03 PM
i would suspect that many ppl in australian chess would contribute to a sponsorship fund that would help antichrist to run his tournament in palestine, just as long as he stays there to develop chess there.

You have not coughed up with the name of the ia yet?

How much are you prepared to cough up to develop chess there, about five
thousand and I might be in it. Remember it was only about $5 to get rid of a Pom, "here take $20 and take three of your mates with you".

Bill Gletsos
07-11-2004, 04:09 PM
You have not coughed up with the name of the ia yet?

How much are you prepared to cough up to develop chess there, about five
thousand and I might be in it. Remember it was only about $5 to get rid of a Pom, "here take $20 and take three of your mates with you".
Given your support for the Palestinian cause, why dont you emigrate over there. I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms.

antichrist
07-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Given your support for the Palestinian cause, why dont you emigrate over there. I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms.

At least I may be welcome there which would be a lot better then what could be said for the people of the state of Isreal after they were given stolen land. They were definitely not welcome.

Australia under Howard and Hawke have severely departed from even an image of even-handedness in the M/E. Before this Aussies had a good repo over their due to their efforts in the last war.

antichrist
30-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Bloody Israel is bombing the country that has been internationally recognised many times for it's advancement of chess in the region - it can't stand the competition

MichaelBaron
30-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Bloody Israel is bombing the country that has been internationally recognised many times for it's advancement of chess in the region - it can't stand the competition

AC if all palestenians are as .....as you...their rating is also around 1400...what competition are you talking about?:owned:

antichrist
30-07-2006, 11:17 PM
AC if all palestenians are as .....as you...their rating is also around 1400...what competition are you talking about?:owned:

You read it wrong blockhead, I was not talking about Palestine