PDA

View Full Version : Premium Membership / Donations

skip to my lou
18-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Hello All;

I have recently made available a Premium Forum Membership option for those who would like to help support ChessChat and also benefit from some very major account upgrades. For a minimum donation of $5 / month (or $55 / year), you can be entitled to an account upgrade, which includes:

Capability to edit shoutbox messages
Can View Who Read a Thread
Unlimited Attachment Space
Can store up to 10000 messages
Can send messages to users who have exceeded their quota
Can Upload Animated Profile Picture
Can Upload Animated Avatar
Can Access Coffee Lounge Regardless of Post Count
Black Text Username and Premium Member Bar under username on forum posts

Your contribution to ChessChat will be used towards site hosting, licensing, and design costs.

To subscribe to premium membership, navigate to Settings (top right of page) > My Settings > My Account > Paid Subscriptions. Select your subscription cycle and follow the prompts.

I would like to thank all members who have previously donated funds. Existing premium members who do not renew their membership will retain membership until the 1st of October, 2013.

For more information, please feel free to contact me, or reply to this thread.

ER
18-09-2013, 10:50 PM
thanks chief, I didn't know that!

antichrist
19-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Hello All;

I have recently made available a Premium Forum Membership option for those who would like to help support ChessChat and also benefit from some very major account upgrades. For a minimum donation of $5 / month (or $55 / year), you can be entitled to an account upgrade, which includes:

Capability to edit shoutbox messages
Can See Deletion Notices
Can View Who Read a Thread
Unlimited Attachment Space
Can store up to 10000 messages
Can send messages to users who have exceeded their quota
Can Upload Animated Profile Picture
Can Upload Animated Avatar
Can Access Coffee Lounge Regardless of Post Count
Black Text Username and Premium Member Bar under username on forum posts

Your contribution to ChessChat will be used towards site hosting, licensing, and design costs.

To subscribe to premium membership, navigate to Settings (top right of page) > My Settings > My Account > Paid Subscriptions. Select your subscription cycle and follow the prompts.

I would like to thank all members who have previously donated funds. Existing premium members who do not renew their membership will retain membership until the 1st of October, 2013.

For more information, please feel free to contact me, or reply to this thread.

but in my case where services are often limited???? and about deletion notices what exactly does that mean? regards

Kevin Bonham
19-09-2013, 12:02 PM
but in my case where services are often limited???? and about deletion notices what exactly does that mean? regards

Premium Membership does not restrict a member from losing services if they misbehave and need to be moderated or even banned. Not only that, but while we will do our best to restore all premium services to a premium member who has needed to be restricted in some way after that ban is up, we do not guarantee to be successful.

Deletion notices means that when something is deleted you can see that it has been deleted, who by, and the reason for deletion (if stated). However if something is irreversibly deleted leaving no deletion notice you will not see it.

ER
19-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Hi Kev

I don't seem to be able to follow Skip's directions in regards to membership.

I go to settings and click on the link but nothing!

Maybe because I am not financial member?

I am trying again anyway!

Cheers!

Bill Gletsos
19-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi Kev

I don't seem to be able to follow Skip's directions in regards to membership.

I go to settings and click on the link but nothing!

Maybe because I am not financial member?

I am trying again anyway!

Cheers!Hi Jak,

See attached image.

On the left hand side you will see My Account and under it Paid Subscriptions.
Click on Paid Subscriptions and you will see the premium membership option open in the main part of the screen.

ER
19-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Done, thanks Bill! Paid via PayPal! :)

road runner
20-09-2013, 06:57 AM
JAK in black!

By the way is invisible mode still a bonus for donating members?

ER
20-09-2013, 07:24 AM
JAK in black!

LOL jak is black, I want my baby back!
but you are to young to remember this song youngster! :P

road runner
20-09-2013, 07:35 AM
LOL jak is black, I want my baby back!
but you are to young to remember this song youngster! :P
Don't know that one. I was thinking of acdc back in black. :)

skip to my lou
20-09-2013, 08:50 AM
JAK in black!

I believe so, yes.

Jak, thanks for the donation.

ER
20-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I believe so, yes.

Jak, thanks for the donation.

You are welcome Skip thanks for the great service to the chess (and not so chess :) ) community! :)

Kevin Bonham
20-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Important

The use of premium member services to publicly reveal information to other users that they would not otherwise know is strictly forbidden and will lead to harsh and immediate penalties. After all (i) if the site is offering something as a reward for those who financially support the site, then making that information public reduces the utility of that reward (ii) we have had quite enough of antichrist's stupid trolling.

antichrist
22-09-2013, 08:20 AM
There is a down side to the new facility of the thread starter being able to later delete the thread. A thread sometimes is open on deliberate speculation that sometimes takes off, for example, going to sleep at meetings or at the chess board. Some top players will come forward with their funny experiences and are shared and enjoyed by all. But then at the whim of the thread starter they can all be wiped out. Pretty frustrating for a top player who has invested his time in recalling in print. Individual posters should only be permitted to control their own posts, not other people's posts. This would be more serious and unfair if it happened to be a thread about serious games being played, analysed or discussion of chess. In non-chess imagine if PaulS could come along and wipe out Does God Exist thread, with it's thousands of posts??? Yet he is only a minor poster there. Maybe payment of a subscription will protection your posts from being deleted - now there is a dangling carrot.

Another example myself being able to wipe out Football-Soccer thread, when I have posted about one in 200 posts???

skip to my lou
22-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Premium members can no longer delete or close their own threads. They can not view deletion notices any more. Once we figure out a way of not turning this on retrospectively then we will enable it again.

Mischa
15-02-2014, 10:15 PM
I didn't see this...sorry my husband won't pay and I don't earn any money yet but will renew as soon
as I do

Scott
05-04-2014, 02:12 PM
How can I edit shoutbox messages?

Kevin Bonham
05-04-2014, 02:19 PM
How can I edit shoutbox messages?

In the case of ones like that there's no need, you won't have to wait long for me to delete them.

Scott
05-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Okay, but that does not answer the question.

I will not shout similar again.

Kevin Bonham
05-04-2014, 02:39 PM
For moderators it works (except for me!) by going to Chatbox Full from the dropdown links under Chatbox. I don't know how it works for non-moderators.

Scott
05-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Does not seem to be there, no big deal, not why I gave the money.

Thank you for the answer.