PDA

View Full Version : Arianne Caoili

lost
14-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Our very own WIM Arianne Caoili is playing in the Yerevan Men's 83rd Final and is currently on 1/3.

You can follow the results at the following the link: http://www.chess-results.com/tnr106171.aspx?lan=1

lost

Watto
14-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Interesting that Arianne's listed as an Armenian on chess-results.com ... also interesting that she's playing in the Yerevan Men's 83rd Final. Anyway, she's still Australian on the FIDE website.

lost
14-07-2013, 03:20 PM
Interesting that Arianne's listed as an Armenian on chess-results.com ... also interesting that she's playing in the Yerevan Men's 83rd Final. Anyway, she's still Australian on the FIDE website.

It's good representation of Australia either way. She might have been accepted as a wild card or because of her connection with Armenia.

lost

antichrist
14-07-2013, 03:27 PM

keep it a secret she may be in double breasted suit, fake beard and moe and sun glasses

heligan
14-07-2013, 03:57 PM
"Men's" almost invariably means 'Open.' The only exception I'm aware of is MindSports. A glance at the list shows at least one other woman playing (I'm not good at Armenian names but 'Susanna' is surely female!). Does look surprisingly weak though for such a strong chess nation. The input to chess-results would be from the organisers, I think, via the pairing program.

peter_parr
22-07-2013, 02:24 PM
The following article was published in the 41st year of my chess column in the Sydney Morning Herald on Monday 22nd July 2013.

Australia’s leading female player WIM Arianne Caoili (2242) scored 4/9 in the Yerevan, Armenia championship.