PDA

View Full Version : Olympiad interviews

lost
15-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I will be attending this years Olympiad as a Team Captain for Palau, but I have also ben granted a press pass as well.

I was just wanting to know from the Oceania chess public who they would like to try and obtain an interview with and one question that they would like me to ask.

lost

Adamski
15-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone,

I will be attending this years Olympiad as a Team Captain for Palau, but I have also ben granted a press pass as well.

I was just wanting to know from the Oceania chess public who they would like to try and obtain an interview with and one question that they would like me to ask.

lost
How about: Carlsen, and "When do you expect to be world champion by?".
Good luck!!

Alana
25-07-2012, 10:49 PM
How about: Carlsen, and "When do you expect to be world champion by?".
Good luck!!

:owned: :lol: :clap:

PS: Completely jealous of you at the moment Jamie. I wanna go!

lost
26-07-2012, 01:29 AM
:owned: :lol: :clap:

PS: Completely jealous of you at the moment Jamie. I wanna go!

So who would you like me to try and get an interview with then Alana?

lost

ER
26-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone,

lost

Jamie and that's indeed very good and interesting news.

I am sure, your journalistic experience is more than adequate in locating personalities and asking them interesting questions so I have faith on you that you will do a great job.

My request is to approach Vassili Ivanchuk and ask him if he feels confident that one day he will be able to challenge for the World Championship title!

lost
26-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Jamie and that's indeed very good and interesting news.

I am sure, your journalistic experience is more than adequate in locating personalities and asking them interesting questions so I have faith on you that you will do a great job.

My request is to approach Vassili Ivanchuk and ask him if he feels confident that one day he will be able to challenge for the World Championship title!

Thank you forr kind words Elliott. Personalities I am gunning for and I am in the pipelines of doing a big interview, but not sure if I will get the opportunity to sit down with this person though and this person isn't playing in the Olympiad but is an administrator as such.

I will take that question and approach the appropriate person for Vassili Ivanchuk.

lost

george
26-07-2012, 11:19 PM
Hi lost,

If the russian journalists speak to you ask them why russia will never come to an Olympiad played in australia. I would be curious to know your perspective on their answer. I know what their answer was 10 years ago but curious if it has changed. Party well lost its not all serious chess etc although being on the playing floor a few feet away (since you have journalists accreditation) from all the best players in the world can be awe inspiring. Have a good one mate!

lost
27-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi lost,

If the russian journalists speak to you ask them why russia will never come to an Olympiad played in australia. I would be curious to know your perspective on their answer. I know what their answer was 10 years ago but curious if it has changed. Party well lost its not all serious chess etc although being on the playing floor a few feet away (since you have journalists accreditation) from all the best players in the world can be awe inspiring. Have a good one mate!

There is one Russian journalist there and I will ask him as to why Russia won't come to Australia for the Olympiad?
Parties, what are they George? Ah, I think you mean the Bermuda Party. Ah yes, I am looking forward to it for sure. Been a step away from the top shots is always good.
Is there anyone who you want me to try and get and interview with at all?

lost

Desmond
27-07-2012, 07:02 AM
You could ask Kramnik how many games he's hoping to draw this tournament. ;)

lost
27-07-2012, 10:33 AM

Just letting everyone know, I am taking down these questions and will start emailing appropriate people to secure interviews during the Olympiad.

So if there is someone who you want me to chase down and interview, get in quick as I will be making the 20th of August the cut off date so it gives me time to arrange times and secure top class people.

lost

Capablanca-Fan
27-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Not at Olympiads he won't. He first came to prominence at the 1992 Olympiad in Manila (my last one), where he wasn't even a GM but crushed strong players like Nunn to score 8.5/9 as first reserve. BTW, another famous "drawing master", Tigran V. Petrosyan, also made huge scores in Olympiads (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigran_Petrosian#Olympiads_and_team_championships) , with an overall score of +78 −1 =50.

pax
30-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Luke McShane: Congratulate him on his wonderfully enterprising play at the Tal Memorial, and ask whether his success on this top stage has him considering a return to full-time professional status.

lost
30-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Luke McShane: Congratulate him on his wonderfully enterprising play at the Tal Memorial, and ask whether his success on this top stage has him considering a return to full-time professional status.

Luke McShane is not participating in this Olympiad according to the team list for England on the Chess Olympiad website.

Is there anyone else?

lost

Garrett
30-07-2012, 02:07 PM
You could probably interview our lot, see what the first timers think of it and see how the old-timers compare this Olympiad to past offerings.

ER
30-07-2012, 02:14 PM
You could probably interview our lot, see what the first timers think of it and see how the old-timers compare this Olympiad to past offerings.

Good suggestion, the best so far! :clap:

ER
30-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone,

lost

Jamie, I received all the information you sent me by e-mail!

Thanks very much!

See you in Istanbul at some stage! (I know you will be very busy there)!

Cheers and good luck!