PDA

View Full Version : anyone know about poker?

steeve
14-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi friends, I want your help. My wife loves playing poker but she is not able to go out with friends, as she is on a bed rest. Is there any online site where she can play without any risk and is purely safe? I tried searching on net but couldnít find any reliable link. Iíll appreciate if you could help. Thanks in advance. :)

skip to my lou
14-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi steeve, welcome to the chess chat.

You can try http://www.partypoker.com/ - I found that link in the Misc. Games forum.

pax
15-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Online poker is generally safe enough if you choose a large reputable site. www.paradisepoker.com is probably the biggest. pokerineurope.com is run out of the channel islands and has a good reputation. There are many other reputable ones.

With most of these sites, the only real risk is collusion between players, and players running more than one account. This cannot be policed perfectly, though most do a good job of shutting down suspected colluders. You are probably safe enough at lower limits anyway, where the professional cheats wouldn't make enough money. Otherwise just be vigilant and leave any table where you suspect collusion is taking place.

Pax

antichrist
20-10-2004, 04:28 PM
About the day after you enquired there was an article in SMH telling of pitfalls etc. Last Fridays I think it was.