PDA

View Full Version : How to become a Fide Master by playing The Sniper Chess Opening System

TheSniperAuthor
07-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi guys – I am Fide Master Charlie Storey the author of The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] –
I would like to share with you how I acquired my Fide Master Title simply by playing ‘The Sniper’.
I always loved playing ‘fianchetto’ Systems when I was in my twenties as the lure of a great King Side Attack in The Kings Indian, or a fantastic exchange sacrifice in the Dragon, but in my thirties I realised it was too easy for players with good memories as they would win clinical theoretical duals and my memory was just average. I looked for another soloution and was inspired by Tigers Modern to search for another way to create new ‘fianchetto theory’. I experimented with all Systems with g6 Bg7 c5 against anything and was surprised to find not only was it sound but nearly all World Champions played the Sniper! I played it in the British Championships and scored 4/4 with The Pure Sniper securing my Fide Master Title. It didn’t stop there – I was invited to become England u 16 Olympiad Coach my top board student defeated Armenias top board a Grandmaster. The Sniper was incredible. I contacted Everyman Chess and they agreed to do the book and I revealed 95% of my secrets within it. After completion of the book I visited some chess sites to promote The Sniper and was ashamed to be called a chess player after suffering some very cowardly ‘Cyber Abuse’ from some sections of the Chess Community. I did not let it deter me and after some very heavy online promotion The Sniper became a household name with all good chess players – I had made a very interesting contribution to Chess Opening Theory. I was invited to a Simultaneous at Hull City Football Club and then decided to work on a Sniper DVD Master Pack which was 4 DVDs (6 hrs) of Sniper Theory for 2012 with 2 bolt on DVD’s called ‘Winning The Won Position’ and ‘Sniper Endgame Strategy The 10 Principles’ I started selling them at my e bay shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Chess-DVD-Shop ... upplies-UK

and as a direct Download

http://www.charliechess.com/Download.html

and was delighted to see people were buying them and giving excellent feedback upon my efforts to make it entertaining, informative and original. After seeing the success of The Sniper and after 4 years of being immersed in Black Opening Theory I began to research The White Sniper – I approached Foxy Openings – the World Leader in Chess Video to see if they would be interesting in having a DVD on The White Sniper they did and it became the introduction to The White Sniper Manual which is now complete and available as a book manual or a .pdf download from my download site. But I didn’t stop there The WHITE SNIPER MASTER PACK 2012 was born which is 8 Hours of DVD exclusively on The White Sniper and is also available as a Download. Well guess what, I now have a range of some excellent chess educational products and I present them all for you to view here. One final thing I play regularly on ICC in the 5-0 Pool exclusively playing Snipers such that I can use the games for my monthly Sniper update which is £3 for 1 month and you can view all previous months’ content – superb value! Here is all of product range just in case you do not wish to go to the download page

http://www.charliechess.com/Download.html

which is worth a look in itself as you may want to upload some good educational products.
Title Product Type Price
The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] Book £13
The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] E-Book £9.99
The Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD £59.99
The Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD via a download £59.99

White Sniper Foxy DVD 80 Minute DVD £14.99
The White Sniper Manual 580 Page Book £39.99
The White Sniper Manual - PDF 580 pages) £24.99
The White Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD via a download £59.99
The White Sniper Master Pack 6 Hours of DVD £59.99

The Sniper Monthly Update Website Access £3.00
3 hour Sniper Blitz Match at ICC Internet Training £99.99
2 Hour Sniper Analysis of your games. E mail feedback £99.99

I also offer Sunday Sniper trainning at £20 an hour 10-4 p.m. £100

Treat yourself to Sniper Mastery

Merry Christmas and Happy New - The Sniper Chief.

Basil
07-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi guys – I am Fide Master Charlie Storey the author of The Sniper [Everyman Chess 2011] –
I would like to share with you how I acquired my...
Hi Sniper

I would like to share with you how I acquired the use of the new paragraph function.

Max Illingworth
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
What do you suggest against 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.dc5?

Hobbes
07-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I would just like to check first - hopefully I won't need to do any work - I am sick of these boring schemes where I am required to put in some effort in return for results. At first glance this appears to be a far better 'no work involved, just sit back and get the results' plans, if so sign me up, thanks!

antichrist
07-12-2011, 09:33 PM
I insisted on checking Joel Benjamin in a simul just for the sake of it before resigning

Max Illingworth
07-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I insisted on checking Joel Benjamin in a simul just for the sake of it before resigning

Was the opening a Sniper?

antichrist
07-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Was the opening a Sniper?

I did a reverse queens gambit (me playing black) and I tried to rip him apart like a tin opener but it was like looking in mirror if you know what I mean

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
07-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi there,

Im left handed, have never shot a rifle, dont support hull city football club and like writing poetry.

how does a bellicosely named repertoire promote my interests ? :hmm:

ElevatorEscapee
08-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi "SniperAuthor", thank you very much for your advertisement.

Please don't be discouraged by the rather whimisical comments by the above critics.

Poor old Grumpy Undies has been publishing mags for so long he thinks that every sentence should be a paragraph. I used to write a weekly chess column in the same way to fit in with the "readability" of the columnular structure of the newspaper. Much later on, when writing an academic assingment, I got told off! ... ("every sentence doesn't have to be a paragrapn"!) :D

I am sure your opening is very interesting, however, far more intersting for chessplayers like myself would be your real name and the real story of how you became a Fide Master. Who were your major opponents, how did you overcome them? When did you score your first Fide Master norm?

We all know that a single opening system doesn't make the chess master... the chess master, however, may make the opening system! So please, let us know exactly who you actually are, and the exciting story of how you became that FIDE master! That will be far more exciting than any theoritical instructive book on a specific opening. :)

If you say: "read the book, that will tell you!", that's fine... but why not let us know that such personal insight gems were in the book already... rather than try to present it all as the result of an opening system? ;)

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your future chess career, and in selling your opening system DVDs, books, CDs, etc...

~EE :D

Kevin Bonham
08-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I am sure your opening is very interesting, however, far more intersting for chessplayers like myself would be your real name and the real story of how you became a Fide Master.

His real name appears to be stated in the first sentence of post 1 - see http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=406686

MichaelBaron
09-12-2011, 09:47 AM
How to Become a Fide Master? Just go to zonal :)

Kerry Stead
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
What do you suggest against 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.dc5?

Max,
I have 'The Sniper' book & in it, Charlie's recommendation is to play 4...Bxc3+, with his main line following the game Jones-Storey (http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1301441)from the 2004 British Championships, where he feels black had the better game & lost the thread around move 40, going on to lose.

Overall its a decent book, although some of the sidelines are brushed over quickly (and they happen often enough in games that they should probably not be quickly dismissed sidelines), but well worth a look if you're interested in the Modern, or indeed any set-up involving a king-side fianchetto for black.

[shameless self-promotion]
I'm also making my own video series on a line suggested in the book 1.d4 g6 2.c4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.d5 Bxc3+ on my blog http://melbournegamescoach.blogspot.com/ & uploaded the first video around a week ago. Not sure when I'll have time to finish off the series with a few weekenders, Christmas & the Australian Championships in the coming weeks, but I'll try to keep the series going.
[/shameless self-promotion]

Max Illingworth
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Max,
I have 'The Sniper' book & in it, Charlie's recommendation is to play 4...Bxc3+, with his main line following the game Jones-Storey (http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1301441)from the 2004 British Championships, where he feels black had the better game & lost the thread around move 40, going on to lose.

Overall its a decent book, although some of the sidelines are brushed over quickly (and they happen often enough in games that they should probably not be quickly dismissed sidelines), but well worth a look if you're interested in the Modern, or indeed any set-up involving a king-side fianchetto for black.

[shameless self-promotion]
I'm also making my own video series on a line suggested in the book 1.d4 g6 2.c4 Bg7 3.Nc3 c5 4.d5 Bxc3+ on my blog http://melbournegamescoach.blogspot.com/ & uploaded the first video around a week ago. Not sure when I'll have time to finish off the series with a few weekenders, Christmas & the Australian Championships in the coming weeks, but I'll try to keep the series going.
[/shameless self-promotion]

Thanks for the detailed response Kerry. Not long ago I played a game against Charlie where I gained a small advantage out of the opening in this line and went on to win.

Adamski
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Interesting thread - with a mix of very useful stuff (from CS, KS and MI) and rather off-topic contributions that add nothing to the subject.

As a guy who likes to play ...g6 I think I'll give the Sniper a go....

DogLover
09-12-2011, 11:24 PM
While the material advertised above could be quite valuable and interesting for some I think it is misleading to suggest that by studying a chess opening you are going to get to FIDE master level.I have heard at least one well known Victorian FM say that mastering other aspects of chess such as the endgame,middlegame strategy,opening principles and tactics is far more important than learning a chess opening.Of course there are exceptions to almost everything.

BrendanNorman
09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
While the material advertised above could be quite valuable and interesting for some I think it is misleading to suggest that by studying a chess opening you are going to get to FIDE master level.I have heard at least one well known Victorian FM say that mastering other aspects of chess such as the endgame,middlegame strategy,opening principles and tactics is far more important than learning a chess opening.Of course there are exceptions to almost everything.

The headline "How to become an FM" is called a "hook" designed to attract the attention of weak players who want a short cut towards some "dream outcome"...

Think of other more well known hooks like "how to get rich in 30 days by selling your junk on ebay" (I invented this title, but you get the idea) .

Taking advantage of man's natural laziness has sold for years.

Then after the "hook", the "fisherman" puts the content of their marketing material such as "by playing my crappy opening".

Quite simple really, its a common online marketing technique to go to forums in your niche and do this type of thing to attract prospects or traffic to an external website...Thats why this guy has ONE post.

Having said that, Im sure any beginner could play this opening and reach 2300 ELO in a short time :)

Kevin Bonham
09-12-2011, 11:53 PM
While the material advertised above could be quite valuable and interesting for some I think it is misleading to suggest that by studying a chess opening you are going to get to FIDE master level.

Yes, if you are going to get a FIDE master title by using a certain opening then having a rating of 2279 before doing so is somewhat handy. In the 2009 English champs he defeated Gavriel (2138), Arkell (GM, 2521), Ross (2203), and Cumbers (2207) with black and the last win put him over the line.

I notice that Storey was prominent in the CJ de Mooi fracas on the English Chess Forum earlier this year, offering himself as a candidate for President complete with 12-point manifesto on the perhaps premature assumption that de Mooi's resignation offer would be successful.

It would be interesting to know what the "Cyber Abuse" actually consisted of and whether it had any connection to ECF politics or the nature of the author's promotional efforts - or if it was just random trolling that really isn't worth mentioning in an ad for your own book since it could happen to anyone.

Had a look at some reviews by two of my favourite reviewers:

John Donaldson: http://www.jeremysilman.com/book_reviews_jd/The_Sniper.html

Carsten Hansen: http://www.chesscafe.com/text/hansen150.pdf

Both are mixed reviews and both suggest the book is original and interesting but uneven in quality (and the Donaldson review also suggests biased.)

BrendanNorman
10-12-2011, 12:02 AM
It would be interesting to know what the "Cyber Abuse" actually consisted of and whether it had any connection to ECF politics or the nature of the author's promotional efforts - or if it was just random trolling that really isn't worth mentioning in an ad for your own book since it could happen to anyone.

The whole "overcoming adversity" technique is great for marketing also...it attracts those who can relate to the "underdog".

"I was a lonely nerd with no friends and often was beat up after school....to make things worse, no matter how much I studied, I couldnt improve my chess :( .... THEN, I started training with BrendanNorman (for $500 per hour) and after 2 weeks of MINIMAL effort, I now have thousands of girls dying to be with me,Im a black belt in Karate, I made $5000 a day AND my online rating has shot up to 2564!... Thanks Again Brendan!"

hahaha you get the idea.

Max Illingworth
10-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Here's my game against Charlie Storey (I was White). It's only a 5-minute game, but I was always better.

1. e4 g6 2. d4 Bg7 3. Nc3 c5 4. dxc5 Bxc3+ 5. bxc3 Nf6 6. Bh6 Qa5 7. Ne2 Qxc5
8. f3 d6 9. Qd4 Qc7 10. Bg7 Nc6 11. Qe3 Rg8 12. Bxf6 exf6 13. Nd4 Qb6 14. Be2
Kf8 15. O-O Kg7 16. Rab1 Qc5 17. Rfd1 Ne5 18. f4 Ng4 19. Qg3 h5 20. h3 Nh6 21.
Rb5 Qa3 22. Bc4 Kh7 23. Qe3 Re8 24. Kh1 b6 25. Bd5 Ba6 26. Rb3 Qxa2 27. Rxb6
Qxd5 28. exd5 Rxe3 29. Rxa6 Rxc3 30. Rxd6 a5 31. Rc6 Re3 32. d6 Rd8 33. Ra1 Re4
34. c3 Re3 35. Rxa5 g5 36. fxg5 fxg5 37. Rxg5 f6 38. Rxh5 Kg6 39. Rxh6+ Kxh6
40. Nf5+ Kg5 41. Nxe3 1-0

Bereaved
19-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Here is a magnificent game just finished in the 3rd Balkan Individual Championships

[Event "Balkan Individual Chess Championships"]
[Site "Montenegro"]
[Date "2011.12.19"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Ivanesevic, Ivan"]
[Black "Stanojoski, Zvonko"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "B06"]
[PlyCount "59"]
[SourceDate "2011.12.19"]

1. d4 g6 2. e4 Bg7 3. Nc3 c5 4. dxc5 Qa5 5. Bd2 Qxc5 6. Nd5 Na6 7. Nf3 e6 8. Bc3 f6 9. b4 Qf8 10. Bxa6 exd5 11. Bb5 dxe4 12. O-O exf3 13. Re1+ Ne7 14. Qxf3 f5 15. Rad1 h5 16. Bxd7+ Bxd7 17. Rxd7 Kxd7 18. Qxb7+ Kd6 19. Bxg7 Qxg7 20. c4 Rac8 21. c5+ Rxc5 22. bxc5+ Kxc5 23. Qc7+ Kd5 24. Qd7+ Kc5 25. Rc1+ Kb6 26. Qc7+ Ka6 27. Rc6+ Nxc6 28. Qxg7 Re8 29. h3 Re6 30. Qc3 1-0

Take care and God Bless, Bereaved

that Caesar guy
19-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Here's my game against Charlie Storey (I was White). It's only a 5-minute game, but I was always better.

1. e4 g6 2. d4 Bg7 3. Nc3 c5 4. dxc5 Bxc3+ 5. bxc3 Nf6 6. Bh6 Qa5 7. Ne2 Qxc5
8. f3 d6 9. Qd4 Qc7 10. Bg7 Nc6 11. Qe3 Rg8 12. Bxf6 exf6 13. Nd4 Qb6 14. Be2
Kf8 15. O-O Kg7 16. Rab1 Qc5 17. Rfd1 Ne5 18. f4 Ng4 19. Qg3 h5 20. h3 Nh6 21.
Rb5 Qa3 22. Bc4 Kh7 23. Qe3 Re8 24. Kh1 b6 25. Bd5 Ba6 26. Rb3 Qxa2 27. Rxb6
Qxd5 28. exd5 Rxe3 29. Rxa6 Rxc3 30. Rxd6 a5 31. Rc6 Re3 32. d6 Rd8 33. Ra1 Re4
34. c3 Re3 35. Rxa5 g5 36. fxg5 fxg5 37. Rxg5 f6 38. Rxh5 Kg6 39. Rxh6+ Kxh6
40. Nf5+ Kg5 41. Nxe3 1-0
You should write the sequel; 'How to smash an FM playing the Sniper' by Max Illingworth, and this should be the feature game. Don't mention it was blitz though ;)

Max Illingworth
19-12-2011, 11:34 PM
You should write the sequel; 'How to smash an FM playing the Sniper' by Max Illingworth, and this should be the feature game. Don't mention it was blitz though ;)

Thanks, but who would publish it? It could make a good April Fool's Joke, I suppose...

Mephistopheles
20-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Ew! What a messy, messy game. You certainly looked to have the better of things but I didn't like either position terribly much (in a subjective sense). Very scrappy-looking pawns all over the place.

Max Illingworth
21-12-2011, 04:34 AM
Ew! What a messy, messy game. You certainly looked to have the better of things but I didn't like either position terribly much (in a subjective sense). Very scrappy-looking pawns all over the place.

It's true, these positions are always tricky but Black's inability to castle makes his position difficult to play, at the very least.

Brian_Jones
21-12-2011, 08:22 AM
The Sniper is now out of print in UK but still a few copies left in Australia.
Buy at http://www.chessaustralia.com.au/index.cfm?p=detail&o=9781857446432

PYC
21-12-2011, 07:20 PM
One of, nay, the most entertaining thread on an Internet forum: http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1263559264

Max Illingworth
21-12-2011, 08:58 PM
One of, nay, the most entertaining thread on an Internet forum: http://www.chesspub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1263559264

So true.

Kevin Bonham
21-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Haven't read much of it yet (NB for me at least it reads from the back) but from reply 46 you can tell it's not going to end well for him. Anyone who tries boasting that their book was well reviewed by Raymond Keene is in for a pitiable fate.

Kevin Bonham
21-12-2011, 09:24 PM
#57 now and the locomotives are all off playing in the meadows already:

"The Sniper is book of the decade - they are sold out at the main distributors not because I spent 14 Months and 4 years, researching / creating it, not because I have resurrected theTerra Dactyl, Not because I scored 4/4 with Black in the last ECF Championship, not because it has a superior but similar Kings Indian Defence & Benko alternative, not because the reviews from Pros are all excellent, not beacuse everything is checked with Rybka, Not because I invented Dilution Principles, not because, I have won over 70 Opens and a National Championship using it, not because its easy for under 2200's to remember and play, not because GM Magnus Carlsens Dragon is covered, not because it outplayed Tiviakov, not beacuse my England Player defeated the top Grandmaster sees at the U16 Olympiad with the Dragon ideas proposed, not because I present new ideas how to play the Sicilian Dragon, not because the ambitiousness of such an opening has hit its target, not because I have a Sniper Monthly Update site but simply because I am Charlie Storey - a hard working Chess Pro, Christian and genius!"

Oh dear. Does it get better? :doh:

Sir Cromulent Sparkles
21-12-2011, 10:59 PM
whats the storey morning glory ?

Rincewind
21-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh dear. Does it get better? :doh:

I don't know if it gets better but post #99 is just indecipherable

As for Donaldsons review - He simply missed the point of The Sniper being a Framework (As did many others) and if I was doing a review of reviews his would definitely be the worst and the worst! and was the only one that was represented on this thread until I brought some balance to it. Hence the early initial views. As with any Framework it cannot all be covered in the first Book. Of course your entitled to your opinions but some opinions are just pants and I have had to come to terms with that. I just find it hard to tolerate stupidity and injustice in any realm - unless of course it's humour.

Pants? WTF??? Speechless. :silenced:

Kevin Bonham
21-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Much of the thread includes a correspondence freestyle game by a poster against Storey where Storey uses poster objections to his frequently blatantly off-topic religious comments in posts as a reason to abandon the game as black in the following position:

Harvey Williamson - TheSniperAuthor

1. e4 g6 2. d4 Bg7 3. Nc3 c5 4. dxc5 Bxc3+ 5. bxc3 Qa5 6. Qd4 Nf6 7. Qb4 Qc7 8.f3 Nc6 9. Qa3 b6 10. cxb6 Qxb6 11. Bh6 Rb8 12. Ne2 Rg8 13. Bg5 Ba6 14. Nd4 Bxf1 15. Rxf1 Nxd4 16. cxd4 Qxd4 17. Rd1 Qe5 18. Qxa7 Rd8 19. Be3 Qxh2 20. Kf2 h5 21. Qc5 h4 22. Rh1 Qg3+ 23. Kg1

He then resumes the game only to quit again since nobody loves him:

1. e4 g6 2. d4 Bg7 3. Nc3 c5 4. dxc5 Bxc3+ 5. bxc3 Qa5 6. Qd4 Nf6 7. Qb4 Qc7 8.
f3 Nc6 9. Qa3 b6 10. cxb6 Qxb6 11. Bh6 Rb8 12. Ne2 Rg8 13. Bg5 Ba6 14. Nd4 Bxf1
15. Rxf1 Nxd4 16. cxd4 Qxd4 17. Rd1 Qe5 18. Qxa7 Rd8 19. Be3 Qxh2 20. Kf2 h5
21. Qc5 h4 22. Rh1 Qg3+ 23. Kg1 Rh8 24. Bf2 Qf4 25. a4 Rh5 26. Qc3 Qg5 27. a5
Qxa5 28. Qxa5 Rxa5 29. Bb6 Rh5 30. Bxd8 Kxd8 31. Ra1 e6 32. Ra4 Ke7

Rincewind
21-12-2011, 11:47 PM
OK Charlie uses pants again in post #178 so I guess it is some English idiomatic expression. Never encountered it before but I work with several poms so I'll run it past some of them tomorrow.

Kevin Bonham
21-12-2011, 11:59 PM
OK Charlie uses pants again in post #178 so I guess it is some English idiomatic expression. Never encountered it before but I work with several poms so I'll run it past some of them tomorrow.

I'm pretty familiar with it in that context, basically meaning "rubbish".

Kevin Bonham
22-12-2011, 12:01 AM
After reviewing the chesspub thread I have added two poll options in the interests of balance.

Rincewind
22-12-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty familiar with it in that context, basically meaning "rubbish".

OK must have some currency. My new favourite post is #206

On a separate issue it should be noted I have been the victim of quite a lot of Cyber Bullying on this thread;

I was once bullied in the school playground - I stood up to him and his mates then broke his nose - I know exactly how to deal with any bully - be it in a playground, in reality, an abusive government or a Cyber Bully on a Chess Forum.

This is not aimed at anyone in particular - You Know who you are - it stops now and you become more positive;

How anyone can come on here and attack me in is just a a version of group bullying - You now know that The Sniper will show your cowardice for what it so keep your comments positive and check into a therapy clinic if u need to.

Remember - I have contributed something incredible to chess theory and you are equally a part of it so appreciate it and appreciate me.

Although I am 1st among Sniper equals!

God Bless! - The Sniper Chief.

Complete pants.

Kevin Bonham
22-12-2011, 12:08 AM
If enough people read that thread it could be interesting to have a poll about which Chesschat poster TSA most strongly resembles. Candidates could include Arrogant-One, phild707, UPLdiscovered, S-word, antichrist and qpawn.

Rincewind
22-12-2011, 12:27 AM
If enough people read that thread it could be interesting to have a poll about which Chesschat poster TSA most strongly resembles. Candidates could include Arrogant-One, phild707, UPLdiscovered, S-word, antichrist and qpawn.

I was thinking there were similarities (religious fervor and blatant bias) with a certain former member who had a pet line named after a certain marsupial. :)

Max Illingworth
22-12-2011, 12:50 AM
What happens if White plays the White Sniper, and Black plays the Sniper?

You get a Symmetrical English!

Rincewind
22-12-2011, 12:58 AM
What happens if White plays the White Sniper, and Black plays the Sniper?

You get a Symmetrical English!

I believe so. That is on the chesspub thread too in post #88.

Rincewind
22-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Post #1 of this thread makes a good read. (Edit actually there a few gems later on in the thread too).

http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3348

Hobbes
22-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Post #1 of this thread makes a good read.

http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3348

He is worth his weight in gold!

Sadly I don't think Chesschat has (now, or in the past) anyone comparable. With luck he will come back and post some more!

Rincewind
22-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Sadly I don't think Chesschat has (now, or in the past) anyone comparable. With luck he will come back and post some more!

If he does will we get a whole other Storey?

Rincewind
22-12-2011, 04:01 PM
This is quite old now but makes for some good reading. It is also referred to obliquely in the thread on the Sniper book.

Bandanas for everyone!!! (http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1269)

antichrist
22-12-2011, 07:43 PM

Gee you lump me in with good company - that was trolling

Desmond
23-12-2011, 01:13 PM
This is quite old now but makes for some good reading. It is also referred to obliquely in the thread on the Sniper book.

Bandanas for everyone!!! (http://www.ecforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1269)
Bandanas for everyone ... possibly one of the worst ideas ever.

xRxqY4wuTHw

flukey
21-11-2012, 06:55 PM

Completely correct!!!

The Sniper author ranks as one of the most deluded people inhabiting the internet - priceless stuff!!!

Adamski
21-11-2012, 11:15 PM
The poll needs at least one more option. E.g. "Yes and I might buy a book or DVD on it if I found a need to expand my current Black opening repertoire". I would tick that option. As it stands, I can't tick any option honestly as there isn't even a "none of the above" option.