PDA

View Full Version : Aus Young Masters Tournaments 2011

Tan the Bdx Man
25-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, just thought I'd start a thread about the Aus Young Masters tournaments that Fedja Zulfic is organising for Dec 7-11 this year. Should be a great tournament, I've personally not seen the entry list yet but I'll be there and covering it for Chess Crazy Talk as well as playing! Looking forward to it :D

mikesguns
25-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Was there information of this tournament somewhere including rating floors?

Tan the Bdx Man
26-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey Mikes, I got the info from Charles Zworestine and from the Aus Junior Chess league Newsletter. Here's the info i do have:

Australian Young Masters Festival
7th - 11th December 2011 - South Australian Chess Centre

Tournaments: Australian Young Masters, Australian Junior Masters and Australian Girls Masters.
All tournaments ACF and FIDE rated.
Venue: South Australian Chess Centre, 10 Ranelagh Street, Adelaide 5000
Entry Fees, $50, free entry GMs, IMs, WGMs and WIMs
Prizes: 1st $250, 2nd $150, 3rd $100 in each event
Time control: 90 minutes + 30 second increment from Move 1 (Fischer).

Schedule
7th December
Round 1: 9:30 am
Round 2: 2:30 pm
8th December
Round 3: 9:30 am
Round 4: 2:30 pm
9th December
Round 5: 9:30 am
Round 6: 2:30 pm
10th December
Round 7: 9:30 am
Round 8: 2:30 pm
11th December
Round 9: 9:30 am

Arbiters: IAs Charles Zworestine and Roland Eime
Forfeit time: 30 minutes after round starts.

Billetting will be provided to players requiring it.
It is also planned to hold a social event during the tournament, details to be confirmed later.

Warm up Blitz Event
Tuesday 6th December
SACA will be running an 11 round blitz event on the night before the tournament.
Venue: South Australian Chess Centre
Time: 7:30 pm
Entry Fee: $10
Time Control: 5 minutes each, or 3 minutes + 2 second increment from Move 1 (Fischer) - to be decided by popular vote on the night!
Entries close 7:15 pm.

For further info I would recommend contacting Fedja, his email is fedjazulfic@gmail.com

Hope that helps!

William AS
26-10-2011, 03:06 PM
A few corrections regarding the Blitz Tournament on the on Tuesday 6th December.

This will be 9 rounds [to allow the juniors to get some rest before the Masters :rolleyes: :lol: ] of 3 minutes + 2 seconds a move increment from move 1 [no democracy here]. Entry fee $12 if entered before the day, late entry $15.

The Blitz is open to all players, Juniors, Adults and even Arbiters ;) . A great chance to check out the venue and meet your fellow competitors in the Junior Masters tournaments, local players and the officials, face to face, in a friendly competitive environment.

Entry forms are already available, pdf attached.