PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Grants 2011

Allan Menham
01-10-2011, 08:43 AM
The Bundaberg Chess Club has been successful in its application for funding under the Volunteer Grants 2011 program.:clap:

ElevatorEscapee
01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
That's great news Allan, congratulations to you and all at the Club. :)

Allan Menham
01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the comments. The Grant application is available to all incorporated clubs. If you do not put in an application, then you cannot get a grant!!

The Club has not been successful with every application it has put in, but gets favourable results fifty percent of the time.

Denis_Jessop
02-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the comments. The Grant application is available to all incorporated clubs. If you do not put in an application, then you cannot get a grant!!

The Club has not been successful with every application it has put in, but gets favourable results fifty percent of the time.

Is this a Queensland Local Government or State Government program, and, if so, which?

DJ

Libby2
02-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Is this a Queensland Local Government or State Government program, and, if so, which?

DJ

I suspect (but don't know) that it's this national program

http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/sa/volunteers/progserv/Pages/VolunteerGrants.aspx

I believe it's been talked about here before. ACTJCL has previously been an applicant and I think may have received one in the past couple of years. I think "Frosty" also received funding for his club under a past round.

Similar to Alan, not that you'd think it from the general air of complaint, if you regularly seek out and apply for funding, I don't think it's any more difficult for chess to get money than it is for most other activities. I'd agree with a roughly 50-50 outcome. Outcomes will improve with practice, careful attention to criteria, and taking the opportunity to attend pre-application briefings (or post outcome feedback) when it's available. Not to mention thinking outside of the square to ensure you can find a way to qualify for money that may not immediately seem an obvious fit!

Denis_Jessop
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
I suspect (but don't know) that it's this national program

http://www.fahcsia.gov.au/sa/volunteers/progserv/Pages/VolunteerGrants.aspx

I believe it's been talked about here before. ACTJCL has previously been an applicant and I think may have received one in the past couple of years. I think "Frosty" also received funding for his club under a past round.

Similar to Alan, not that you'd think it from the general air of complaint, if you regularly seek out and apply for funding, I don't think it's any more difficult for chess to get money than it is for most other activities. I'd agree with a roughly 50-50 outcome. Outcomes will improve with practice, careful attention to criteria, and taking the opportunity to attend pre-application briefings (or post outcome feedback) when it's available. Not to mention thinking outside of the square to ensure you can find a way to qualify for money that may not immediately seem an obvious fit!

I think you may be right but I wanted to see if there is any similar Queensland funding available.

DJ