PDA

View Full Version : Kaitlin's Online Chess Ladder

Pages : 1 [2]

ER
26-11-2009, 05:43 PM
ok no response from Alana so I challenge Alexrules01. He can start the game with White if he wants to!

anyone here? is this tournament still on?

Kaitlin
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I resign from all my game cause i sux at corro.. im only available for instant games in FICs - think your self lucky Gunner ..you would have lost if i was in thinking mode

might need to modify the ladder to a specfic night a month if your here you can play type thing.. then maybe i might make an effort :P

Kaitlin
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
eek how did Miranda get to second spot :eek:

Miranda
01-12-2009, 04:52 PM
eek how did Miranda get to second spot :eek:
Skill :whistle:

Alexrules01
01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Unless Alana wants a rematch or our drawn game, I am challenging Alex Rules for position No 5 on the ladder, thanks Howie!

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to this thread. I will accept. I dont mind what colour

ER
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
ok Alex, good game mate!
1. e4

antichrist
29-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Gunnar, are you working your way up to top?

Basil
29-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Gunnar, are you working your way up to top?
I'll play a few more games in 2010 - I hope.

antichrist
29-12-2009, 10:04 PM
If you don't hurry I may retire undefeated

Desmond
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Gunner.

Caaaaaarrrnnnnnn.

Basil
12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Gunner.

Caaaaaarrrnnnnnn.
:D OK but it won't be a quick game. Let's dance. Now who made these convoluted rules - I don't know who's what colour and all that - hang on.

Paul Cavezza
24-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Hi all,
any chance I can join in? I guess I have to challenge whoever is currently at the bottom? Kait?!

Basil
24-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi Pab, you're very welcome to join in - we'd love to have you.

Have you read The Rulez, and do you commit to staying with your games?

We've had quite our fair share of excited wannabees realising they subsequently have neither the commitment nor the respect to finish their games.

Paul Cavezza
24-01-2010, 03:49 PM
hehe thanks, I skimmed the RuleZ! Will take a closer look, I should have no problem with a regular comittment. Barring the odd Mexican vacation.

OK! Have read the Rulez, and am waiting for Kait's choice of colour. I would prefer a correspondence or I'm available on FICS in the morning or very late evening.

Basil
24-01-2010, 04:18 PM
hehe thanks, I skimmed the RuleZ! Will take a closer look, I should have no problem with a regular comittment. Barring the odd Mexican vacation.

OK! Have read the Rulez, and am waiting for Kait's choice of colour. I would prefer a correspondence or I'm available on FICS in the morning or very late evening.
What's your ACF rating? You may not nec go to the bottom of the ladder.

Paul Cavezza
24-01-2010, 04:36 PM
ACF around 1200 (haven't used it for a while!) FIDE around 1600 from less than 15 games... would estimate it's somewhere in the middle there:>

Basil
24-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Just taking this opportunity to remind all players that no references AT ALL are permitted in in this league.

JAK having self-defenestrated and the welcoming pf pablito, the ladder looks like this:

01. antichrist
02. Miranda
03. Gunner Duggan
04. Boris
05. Alexrules01
06. Alana
07. Zwischenzug
08. pablito 15
09. Kait [unavailable]
10. Trent Parker [unavailable]
11. justaknight [unavailable]

Kaitlin
24-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Im unavailable too .. being no good at corro games yet

Basil
24-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Im unavailable too .. being no good at corro games yet
Done.

Paul Cavezza
04-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I challenge Alana! I'd prefer to play black, and would prefer a correspondence game, however I'm also on FICS if you prefer that!

Basil
05-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Recent Results
Captain 0-1 Boris
Pablito 1-0 Zwischenzug

New Standings
01. antichrist
02. Miranda
03. Boris
04. Captain Underpants
05. Alexrules01
06. Alana
07. pablito15
08. Zwischenzug
09. Kait [unavailable]
11. justaknight [unavailable][/QUOTE]

Trent Parker
25-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Recent Results
Captain 0-1 Boris
Pablito 1-0 Zwischenzug

New Standings
01. antichrist
02. Miranda
03. Boris
04. Captain Underpants
05. Alexrules01
06. Alana
07. pablito15
08. Zwischenzug
09. Kait [unavailable]
11. justaknight [unavailable][/QUOTE]

After my long time away from here I'm ready for another.... will finish this one! I Challenge Zwischenzug!

antichrist
25-02-2010, 07:57 PM
On this day 21st Feburary 2009, the Chess Ladder stands @ :

1. antichrist
2. TheRealDeal
3. Saragossa
4. Kaitlin

See Post 12 for the rules

As I have now being on top rung of ladder for over a year and at year end, and did defend position gallantry against bigger tougher opponents, would a little plaque or certificate be appropiate - it is not often a journeyman like myself holds onto Board 1 position so I must take maximum advantage of. (Gunnar is it okay to finish with a propositon?)

Basil
17-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Recent Results
pablito15 1-0 Zwischezug
pablito15 1-0 Alana (forfeit)

Ruling
Alana has been removed from the ladder on account of repeated disrespect towards fellow players. Alana has understood her commitments, promised to amend unacceptable behaviour, been shown latitude and then repeated anyway. It is very frustrating for opponents to be suspended in mid air, checking regularly to see if a move has been made and then to have to work hard to engage in what should be an easy and friendly environment. It is rude and, when patterned, unacceptable.

Goneski. Come back when when you've learned some manners.

New Standings
01. antichrist
02. Miranda
03. Boris
04. Captain Underpants
05. Alexrules01
06. pablito15
07. Zwischenzug
08. Trent Parker
09. Kait [unavailable]
10. justaknight [unavailable]

Paul Cavezza
17-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Alexrules01 fancy a game? I'll be able to start it this week but I won't be online much from Thursday for a week or so. Or we can start when I get back.
Cheers!

Alana
17-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Ruling
Alana has been removed from the ladder on account of repeated disrespect towards fellow players. Alana has understood her commitments, promised to amend unacceptable behaviour, been shown latitude and then repeated anyway. It is very frustrating for opponents to be suspended in mid air, checking regularly to see if a move has been made and then to have to work hard to engage in what should be an easy and friendly environment. It is rude and, when patterned, unacceptable.

Goneski. Come back when when you've learned some manners.

this is a fair enough ruling. Just had a lot going on at the moment which is no excuse. I should have told someone eg. Pablito - sorry Pablito for waiting around..

Trent Parker
27-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Just letting every peoples know...... in a bit of bad luck my laptop decided to not charge.... (prolly the charger or battery problem) and then the home modem decided to go bung as well...... so unless I log on from elsewhere I have no net..... will try to make moves on a regular basis still

Desmond
08-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I challenge Miranda. Game in a new thread, any colour.

Desmond
22-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I challenge Miranda. Game in a new thread, any colour.
If Miranda is AWOL, can I challenge AC?

antichrist
22-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Can I get a guarantee that I will not be barred till the game is over?

Do you realise Boris that you are challenging the A-N-T-I-C-H-R-I-S-T!

Are you shaking?

antichrist
22-05-2010, 05:20 PM
And I am about to be awarded a little cert for being Top Rungger for a year - so show respect.

BTW Kaitlin can you award the certificate while I still have title (I am not scared) - thanks

antichrist
23-05-2010, 11:38 AM
BOris, from 27th June till end of July I may be working all night sometimes and not fit to play during that month only. After that I may be on well-deserved holiday for 6 weeks maybe and out of internet contact but not sure yet. But we can proceed now if you and Howard can accept those limitations without me being penalised.

Alexrules01
29-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Pablito15 - Alexrules01 0-1

Basil
29-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Recent Results
Pablito15 - Alexrules01 0-1
As losing challenger, pablito15 drops a place.

Miranda classified as unavailable. Dropped to bottom of ladder as no notice given.

New Standings
01. antichrist
02. Boris
03. Captain Underpants
04. Alexrules01
05. Zwischenzug
06. pablito15
07. Trent Parker
08. Kait [unavailable]
09. justaknight [unavailable]
10. Miranda[unavailable]

Alexrules01
29-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Well Cpt Underpants... I challenge you for number 3! I don't mind what colour

Basil
30-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Well Cpt Underpants... I challenge you for number 3! I don't mind what colour
Roger that. I'll take black. You set it up!

Desmond
09-06-2010, 07:41 PM
BOris, from 27th June till end of July I may be working all night sometimes and not fit to play during that month only. After that I may be on well-deserved holiday for 6 weeks maybe and out of internet contact but not sure yet. But we can proceed now if you and Howard can accept those limitations without me being penalised.
Are you going to make a move or what?

Basil
09-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Brian, are you OK to proceed atm on the proviso that AC may be unavailable for play during the month of July?

Desmond
09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Brian, are you OK to proceed atm on the proviso that AC may be unavailable for play during the month of July?
Well yes the July AFK period doesn't bother me, I knew that before we started. But he's up to 2 weeks on the current move.

Basil
09-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Well yes the July AFK period doesn't bother me, I knew that before we started. But he's up to 2 weeks on the current move.
Roger. I've sent him a PM.

Desmond
15-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd like to call for an adjudication in my game with AC.

I last moved on 29/5. AC has not moved for 16 days despite being active on the site most if not all days. Now has been banned from the site. Once he comes back from that one month ban he is potentially going to be away for another 6-8 weeks. I had been prepared to accept that provided that we would bang out a lot of moves before the absence. That didn't happen. I would probably have been willing to not call timeout during any ban period, if he had kept up a decent move rate while he could.

Anyway the game is on move 9 and completely unremarkable position. I have no interest in waiting a period of two or more months waiting for a move. Whether the game is adjudicated in my favour or against me for abandoning, or drawn, or nulled, I have no interest in continuing.

Basil
15-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I'd like to call for an adjudication in my game with AC.

I last moved on 29/5. AC has not moved for 16 days despite being active on the site most if not all days. Now has been banned from the site. Once he comes back from that one month ban he is potentially going to be away for another 6-8 weeks. I had been prepared to accept that provided that we would bang out a lot of moves before the absence. That didn't happen. I would probably have been willing to not call timeout during any ban period, if he had kept up a decent move rate while he could.

Anyway the game is on move 9 and completely unremarkable position. I have no interest in waiting a period of two or more months waiting for a move. Whether the game is adjudicated in my favour or against me for abandoning, or drawn, or nulled, I have no interest in continuing.
AC responded to my PM (referred to at #290) and he agreed to contact you regarding a personal circumstance which he explained in his PM to me and which he said would be resolved and he could play on, unfettered from 14th (yesterday).

I don't know whether he contacted you but that is now irrelevant IMO. His site banning, coupled with his previous slow move rate, coupled again with his lack of contact with you to explain the delay is sufficient to award the game to you on forfeit.

antichrist 0-1 Boris (forfeit)

Kevin Bonham
15-06-2010, 10:57 PM
AC responded to my PM (referred to at #290) and he agreed to contact you regarding a personal circumstance which he explained in his PM to me and which he said would be resolved and he could play on, unfettered from 14th (yesterday).

Sounds like an excuse anyway; he had been online and posting heaps during that period of inactivity in the game.

Basil
16-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Sounds like an excuse anyway; he had been online and posting heaps during that period of inactivity in the game.
I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt. For some people, it's easier to get online and dribble rubbish copiously with brain in neutral, whereas setting up (even getting access to) a board is more problematic and time-consuming.

Kevin Bonham
16-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm prepared to give the benefit of the doubt. For some people, it's easier to get online and dribble rubbish copiously with brain in neutral, whereas setting up (even getting access to) a board is more problematic and time-consuming.

Setting up a board is as simple as:

* quoting a post with the list of moves
* changing the quote tags to pgn tags
* pressing preview
* pressing load game in interactive interface

(Of course, you can't then move pieces around readily).

This is trivially easy for most of us but given AC's little problem in the area of quoting I can understand it might present him with a problem.

Desmond
17-06-2010, 09:35 AM

I don't know whether he contacted you but that is now irrelevant IMO.For the record, yes he PMed me on the 13th saying he would move on the 14th.

Trent Parker
22-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Zugzwang-TP 1-0 :(

PablitoI now challenge you!

Paul Cavezza
14-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone,
i'll be unavailable for a while after a finish my game with Trent. I'll let you know when I am available again.

Paul