PDA

View Full Version : Australian Chess Brilliancies book

Sheroff
11-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi -

I've had quite a few emails in recent times asking if my book Australian Chess Brilliancies is still available, and how to buy one. Yes, it's definitely still around, it still has the most awesome attacking games ever played by Aussies in it, and it is widely acclaimed by players including IM Wohl, GM Smerdon, GM Rogers, IM John Donaldson (American chess book reviewing icon) and others. I'd be happy to sell you one, if it is not yet part of your personal chess book collection. It's just a matter of sending a cheque or Australian Post money order to me at: Kimberley Publications, PO Box 6095, Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD 4122. I'll post a copy off the same day I receive your order. It's $19.95 plus $3.00 postage ($22.95 total). If you would like (for some inexplicable reason) my completely worthless autograph scribbled in the front of it, just let me know when ordering.

It's kind of a shame I sell more of these to overseas chess players than to Aussies -I'd prefer it the other way around. I think younger Australian players (especially) should have a bit of the history of our greatest tactical players, and their finest achievements. Plus, it's just an incredibly fun book to read.:D

Cheers,
Kevin Casey

Adamski
11-08-2011, 11:15 AM
I agree with Kevin C. It is a great book. it was a very worthwhile small investment to buy it. I encourage those of you who do not yet have a copy to buy one.

Trent Parker
11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
ok. If I get around to the australia post today I'll get the money order.

Are they available in chess bookstores?

Sheroff
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi Trent -

They were available from a couple other places when they initially came out (way back in May 2009), but that was ages ago - as far as I know I'm the only source of them now.

Cheers,

Kevin Casey

machomortensen
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
I would really like to buy it with the autors signature, but from Denmark it seems to be an impossible task... At least for the moment...

Good luck

HM (Who really know what it means when chessbooks are selling badly...)

machomortensen
31-08-2011, 06:36 AM
It's a GREAT book!