PDA

View Full Version : Chess tournaments in Vic

gambiteer
22-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Hi everyone,
I mainly play chess online but would like to start playing in ACF or Fide rated tournaments. I haven't played alot of long games (in excess of 1 hour) but would like to start. Could someone recommend some upcoming tournaments in Victoria which are ACF or Fide rated?

Thank you

lost
22-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I mainly play chess online but would like to start playing in ACF or Fide rated tournaments. I haven't played alot of long games (in excess of 1 hour) but would like to start. Could someone recommend some upcoming tournaments in Victoria which are ACF or Fide rated?

Thank you

Hi Gambiteer,

Guy West Classic on the 16th and 17th of July. www.croydonchess.com.au
Best in the West tournament on the 27th and 28th of August. I am not sure about the web address of Yarraville/Hobson's Bay chess club.

Plus there is the Vic Championship and Vic Reserves which you can check for information on www.chessvictoria.org.au

lost

gambiteer
22-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi Gambiteer,

Guy West Classic on the 16th and 17th of July. www.croydonchess.com.au
Best in the West tournament on the 27th and 28th of August. I am not sure about the web address of Yarraville/Hobson's Bay chess club.

Plus there is the Vic Championship and Vic Reserves which you can check for information on www.chessvictoria.org.au

lost

Thanks lost

Grant Szuveges
22-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi Gambiteer

Grant Szuveges, Melbourne Chess Club President here.

You are more than welcome to come and play in some Melbourne Chess Club tournaments! We have all different sorts of tournaments on offer for all different sorts of players - basically anything with "MCC" at the start of the title is a Melbourne Chess Club tournament. They are advertised throughout this forum. Some upcoming ones that you may be interested in include:

The Edwin Malitis Memorial (Mon evenings, FIDE and ACF rated)

July Blitz Marathon (Sun July 10th)

Fitzroy Skittle (Sun Sept 4th - 15 min per player per game)

Cup Weekender (Melb Cup Weekend, FIDE and ACF rated)

And of course every Saturday afternoon we have an allegro tournament.

Hope to see you down at MCC in the heart of Fitzroy!

D Dragicevic
22-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you

Hi Gambiteer,

On Saturday afternoons we meet at Noble Park Chess Club, infact we have Grades tournament starting this Saturday. Time control is 90 minutes+ 30 seconds a move. All our tournaments are FIDE rated. Please let me know if you are interested.

gambiteer
23-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the tournaments guys.
The MCC tournaments look good and definitely consider entering them in the future Grant.
Noble Park chess club looks good too. I'm busy this saturday so I won't be able to make the tournament but thanks for the invite. I'll entering future tournaments at Noble Park.
Thanks for the information about the tournaments guys

Garrett
23-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Good luck with the tournaments Gambiteer.

You are lucky to live in Melbourne, it is probably the best place for chess in Australia !!

sometimes I wish I lived there (but maybe not right now in the middle of winter....)

cheers Garrett.

Oepty
23-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Victoria has some wonderful chess clubs full of chess players of a great variety of strengths, titled players to new players.
Scott