PDA

View Full Version : Parramatta Chess Festival 2012

Max Illingworth
01-05-2011, 06:31 PM
With the 2011 Parramatta Chess Festival concluding today, it's a good time to start discussing next year's event.

Will the NSWCA be organising the event again next year?

ER
01-05-2011, 11:09 PM
With the 2011 Parramatta Chess Festival concluding today, it's a good time to start discussing next year's event.

Will the NSWCA be organising the event again next year?

They should!
The tournament was an absolute gem and it deserves to become a permanent feature in the Australian Chess Calendar.
They have all my moral (*) support!
(*) And to put my money where my mouth is, I am willing to participate in a collective effort to support the tournament financially!

Oepty
01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I hope there is another one. I might even have sorted out the mess of my life and be able to be there.
Scott

Max Illingworth
01-05-2011, 11:34 PM
They should!
The tournament was an absolute gem and it deserves to become a permanent feature in the Australian Chess Calendar.
They have all my moral (*) support!
(*) And to put my money where my mouth is, I am willing to participate in a collective effort to support the tournament financially!

Amen to that.

In an ideal situation, there would be sufficient sponsorship to ensure that an SIO appeal would not be needed.

Adamski
02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Amen to that.

In an ideal situation, there would be sufficient sponsorship to ensure that an SIO appeal would not be needed.
Doble Amen - agre on both points.
Big thanks to bergil, trent, Dr Vasil T, Joshua C and the Parra CC team for organising an excellent Parramatta Chess Festival. And no disputes in either SIO or SIC to the best of my knowledge.
Congratulations to the winner, FM but now IM-in-waiting A Khamparia (India). Also to the no less than 7 players who finished second equal. See the SIO/ SICweb site for details.

bergil
13-10-2011, 10:53 AM
2012 Sydney International Open

Organised by New South Wales Chess Association, GPO Box 2418 Sydney 2001
Tel: 0430 223 406 Email: vp@nswca.org.au Website: Sydney International Open (http://parrachessclub.org/SydneyInternationalOpen/index.php)

Regulations
1. This 9 round individual chess tournament is open to all players and will be ACF and FIDE rated.
2. The tournament is an Oceania & ACF Grand Prix Class 5 event.
3. The Swiss Manager program will be used for pairings.
4. Time control is 90 minutes for the first 40 moves followed by 30 minutes for the rest of the game plus 30 seconds per move from move 1.
5. Any player who arrives at the chessboard more than 30 minutes after the start of the session shall lose the game unless the arbiter decides otherwise.
6. All mobile phones and electronic devices are banned in the tournament hall.
7. All NSW resident players must be full members of (or join) the NSWCA or NSWJCL.
8. Players removing equipment from the playing hall will be withdrawn from the tournament

Parramatta Town Hall, Church Street, Parramatta NSW Australia

Prizes
Open $14,200
1st $4,000
2nd $2,000
3rd $1,500
4th $1,000
5th $900
6th $800
7th $700
8th $600
9th $500
10th $400
11th $300
12th $300
U2200 $300
U2100 $300
U2000 $300
U1900 $300

Challengers
U1900 $3,450
1st $750
2nd $500
3rd $400
4th $300
U1700
1st $300
2nd $200
U1500
1st $300
2nd $200
U1300
1st $300
2nd $200

Playing schedule
Tuesday April 10
Registration 6-7:15pm
Players meeting 7:15pm
City of Sydney Lightning 7:30pm
Wednesday April 11
Opening Ceremony 9:45am
Round 1 10am
Round 2 3:30pm
Thursday April 12
Round 3 10am
Round 4 4pm
Friday April 13
Round 5 10am
Round 6 4pm
Saturday April 14
Round 7 10am
Round 8 4pm
Sunday April 15
Round 9 10am
Prize Giving 4:30pm

Conditions for titled players
1. The first 10 Grandmasters to register will be provided with free accommodation (twin share).
2. Tournament entry is free for GMs, IMs, WGMs, WIMs
3. All other players are required to budget for their own board, lodgings and entry fees.
4. All players are required to budget for their own transport costs including airfares.

Entry Fees (based on March 2011 FIDE rating list)
Open entry Fees
FIDE rated $150
FIDE Unrated$225
Challengers $100

Method of Payment
1. Send a cheque to the NSW Chess Association, GPO Box 2418, Sydney NSW 2001
Cheques should be made out to NSW Chess Association
2. Pay by direct deposit. Commonwealth Bank BSB 062-181 A/C 1011-6372
Please ensure your name appears in the description on the direct deposit details to identify your payment.
3. Pay by PayPal/Credit card via www.nswca.org.au/tournaments.html

ER
13-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Hey Boss, I can't find anything about the venue? Parra Town Hall? Parra RSL?

Lennie25
13-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Boss, I can't find anything about the venue? Parra Town Hall? Parra RSL?
The venue was Parramatta Town Hall, Church Street Mall, but bro the event was from 27th April 1st May 2011 so for now you will have to wait for the next year.

ER
13-10-2011, 03:32 PM
The venue was Parramatta Town Hall, Church Street Mall, but bro the event was from 27th April 1st May 2011 so for now you will have to wait for the next year.

Yeah I know I was there, played and took pics of it. However this one I am talking about is the

2012 Sydney International Open

Organised by New South Wales Chess Association, GPO Box 2418 Sydney 2001
Tel: 0430 223 406 Email: vp@nswca.org.au Website: www.nswca.org.au

and there is also a website about it which doesn't have the venue either!
Thanks anyway, are you entering it? I am in two minds because last year I played and didn't have time to see friends! We 'll see anyway! Whatever the case might be I will drop in to barrack for the Victorians! :)

bergil
14-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey Boss, I can't find anything about the venue? Parra Town Hall? Parra RSL? Parramatta Town Hall

bergil
14-10-2011, 09:55 AM
The venue was Parramatta Town Hall, Church Street Mall, but bro the event was from 27th April 1st May 2011 so for now you will have to wait for the next year. The tournament moves with Easter and as Easter is earlier this year so is the tournament. It is always the first Wednesday after Easter which is 11-15 April for 2012.

bergil
14-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah I know I was there, played and took pics of it. However this one I am talking about is the

and there is also a website about it which doesn't have the venue either!
Thanks anyway, are you entering it? I am in two minds because last year I played and didn't have time to see friends! We 'll see anyway! Whatever the case might be I will drop in to barrack for the Victorians! :)
The website is on my sig line but I have put it in the main info now. It's being updated and should be ready by the end of the week.

ER
14-10-2011, 01:43 PM
The website is on my sig line but I have put it in the main info now. It's being updated and should be ready by the end of the week.

Thanks boss

bergil
19-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Clarion Hotel
18-40 Anderson St, Parramatta NSW 2150
02 9891 1277 or email: reservations@clariononthepark.com
Deluxe Queen or Twin Share $125 a night
Inclusive of breakfast for two $155
Internet $10 a day.

Room Rates are valid from 10th to 15th April 2012 and are subject to availability. Please mention Chess when booking.

Clarion Hotel offers onsite parking and high speed Internet. All rooms feature a spacious desk, air conditioning and mini bar. Enjoy a dip in our pool and spa before a drink in our lobby bar or a great meal in Twenty One Fifty our restaurant.less than 1.5km from the playing venue

Max Illingworth
14-12-2011, 03:47 PM
This is shaping up to be another good event (http://sio.parrachessclub.org/entries.php): GMs Pinter, Czebe and Horvath, IMs Khamparia and V.Smirnov, Mandla, McNamara, A.Smirnov and Dordevic have entered.

Adamski
26-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Now is a good time to be thinking about entering. I intend to enter the Challengers.
Web site: http://parrachessclub.org/SydneyInternationalOpen/index.php

Garrett
26-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Great idea.

I have just booked my flights for Doeberl and Parramatta !

Trent Parker
01-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Lets start talking about this tournament shall we?

Trent Parker
01-04-2012, 11:01 AM

11/30 players in the SIC are from Parramatta Chess club.

Where the bloody hell are you everyone else?!

Max Illingworth
01-04-2012, 11:20 AM

I disagree, let's talk about the cone pizza.

ER
01-04-2012, 11:25 AM

I disagree, I want to talk about the chicken parmie I am going to enjoy with my friend Adamski! :P

Max Illingworth
01-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I disagree, I want to talk about the chicken parmie I am going to enjoy with my friend Adamski! :P

I agree to disagree, as long as the subject of the discussion is food.

ER
01-04-2012, 11:52 AM
I agree to disagree, as long as the subject of the discussion is food.

Hey, talking about food it's about lunch time, and musaka is in the oven! :) BTW I 'll see you in Sydney! :)

Trent Parker
01-04-2012, 01:41 PM

Cone Pizza????? can you do a pauline hanson and "please explain"!

Max Illingworth
01-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Cone Pizza????? can you do a pauline hanson and "please explain"!

It's a subtle reference to the Darryl Johansen interview in the fifth episode of the Chess Crazy Talk podcast. Either at the start or the end of the interview Darryl mentions that he is about to eat a cone pizza and has never tried one before.

peter_parr
03-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Entries report SMH (http://www.chessdiscountsales.com/news/2012.htm)

ER
04-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Adamski, check your PMs! ;)

Adamski
04-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi Adamski, check your PMs! ;)
Replied - thanks JaK!

ER
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Replied - thanks JaK!

Got it and thanks! Please check for my latest! See you in Parra, good luck in the tournament!

Adamski
05-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Got it and thanks! Please check for my latest! See you in Parra, good luck in the tournament!
Replied again JaK. Ta.

siow, weng nian
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Australian Youth Olympiad Chessaroos Fund-Raising Banquet
Thursday April 12, from 7-10.30pm

Dragon Peking Restaurant
Shop 4, 115-125 Church Street. Parramatta (next to
Westfield and close to the Parramatta Town Hall).

For over a year, a squad of Australia's best under 16 players have been training with Australia's best coaches for the tournament of their life the 2012 Youth Olympiad in Turkey. This is a chance to help them out while enjoying a good meal.

Chess goodies, from coaching with Australia's top Grandmaster Zhao Zong Yuan to Bobby Fischer memorabilia, will be auctioned throughout the evening.

Please contact weng siow: wengnian.siow8@gmail.com or mob 0422199202.

Garrett
09-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Made it to Parra !

Such a colourful place and a nice change to dry old Canberra.

No probs getting a feed after 9pm here !!!!

Looking forward to my favourite event on the Oz chess calendar.

cheers
Garrett.

EBT
09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Are all players required to be in the venue 6-7pm tomorrow?

bundys_bro
09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Made it to Parra !

Such a colourful place and a nice change to dry old Canberra.

No probs getting a feed after 9pm here !!!!

Looking forward to my favourite event on the Oz chess calendar.

cheers
Garrett.

I couldn't agree with you more on the food issue Garrett remarkable how if you go an hour further west, everything closes at 7/8

Adamski
09-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Are all players required to be in the venue 6-7pm tomorrow?
No. Just the overseas entrants generally. You can check in on Wed morning.

EBT
10-04-2012, 04:33 PM
No. Just the overseas entrants generally. You can check in on Wed morning.

Thanks! Saves me a one hour return train ride! :)

Adamski
10-04-2012, 08:52 PM
City of Sydney Lightning Championship on now at Parra.

EBT
10-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Are first round pairings going to be available tonight?

Max Illingworth
10-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Shaun Press told me today that the pairings will most likely be up at 1:30am tomorrow. In any case they will be available tomorrow morning.

The City of Sydney Lightning was won by IM Chongsheng Zeng on 8/9, with IM K Rathnakaran coming 2nd with 7.5/9 and IM P Karthikeyan finishing in 3rd with 7/9. Alana Chibnall and Alex Mendes da Costa would have shared the City of Sydney Lightning title (scoring 6/9 with several other players), except apparently there is no CoS Lightning title.

Garrett
11-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Shaun Press told me today that the pairings will most likely be up at 1:30am tomorrow. In any case they will be available tomorrow morning.

It doesn't look like the pairings are up yet.

Garrett
11-04-2012, 07:57 AM
It doesn't look like the pairings are up yet.

Okay my mistake they are up, just at chess-results.com, not at the official site.

cheers
Garrett.

ER
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
After managing to escape Byron Bay (what a shit hole! - I had to spend some time there twice in three weeks) and celebrate Easter in a more civilised place, I am in Sydney now where between business meetings, farewell parties and re-union get togethers I managed to visit the venue earlier today! I saw Shaun (busy) Sally, Trent, Kevin Brown, Berg, the Dales, Jack and Vlad. I played a friendly game vs a micro junior outside, he fell for a discovery mating attack hehe beat them while you can! The TV crew (from Ch 7's Today Tonight I think) were there concentrating on junior players! bye for now!

Leonid Sandler
11-04-2012, 04:43 PM
A very strange pairings on board 37( round 1).Please explain...

Kevin Bonham
11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
A very strange pairings on board 37( round 1).Please explain...

As I noted in the shoutbox, it looks like neither of their opponents showed up, so they were paired together. Otherwise they would win on forfeit but that is not appropriate, where avoidable, for an event with norm chances.

Tony Dowden
11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
After managing to escape Byron Bay (what a shit hole! - I had to spend some time there twice in three weeks) and celebrate Easter in a more civilised place, I am in Sydney now where between business meetings, farewell parties and re-union get togethers I managed to visit the venue earlier today! I saw Shaun (busy) Sally, Trent, Kevin Brown, Berg, the Dales, Jack and Vlad. I played a friendly game vs a micro junior outside, he fell for a discovery mating attack hehe beat them while you can! The TV crew (from Ch 7's Today Tonight I think) were there concentrating on junior players! bye for now!

C'mon Jak, at least one of our Chatters is from BB ;)

Tony Dowden
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
As I noted in the shoutbox, it looks like neither of their opponents showed up, so they were paired together. Otherwise they would win on forfeit but that is not appropriate, where avoidable, for an event with norm chances.

That must be the reason

kibitzer
14-04-2012, 10:35 AM
No updates for this tourney? No one cares? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Watto
14-04-2012, 11:06 AM
No updates for this tourney? No one cares? Or am I looking in the wrong place?
I was wondering the same thing but I think people just haven't been posting on this thread - the live chat on the live games is pretty active for instance. All the results are here: http://chess-results.com/fed.aspx?lan=1&fed=AUS

Live games on at the moment: http://nswca.org.au/sio/livegames.php

kibitzer
14-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Curious too that the Canberra tourney seems to have pulled a lot more entrants than the Sydney one in spite of similar prize money - is Canberra that much more an exciting town than Sydney? :) And what's with the downloadable games on the SIO site? - they're only names and dates with no moves.

lost
14-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Curious too that the Canberra tourney seems to have pulled a lot more entrants than the Sydney one in spite of similar prize money - is Canberra that much more an exciting town than Sydney? :) And what's with the downloadable games on the SIO site? - they're only names and dates with no moves.

Me personally I have never played in SIO because of the city and I went as a spectator and didn't like the city too much and found it as an unsafe area. Quality of tournament is the same as Canberra though.

lost

Leonid Sandler
14-04-2012, 01:41 PM

Canberra is the traditional place for Easter chess gathering for the last 50 years. Many players are finding too hard to participate in two tournaments in a row for many reasons.

Comparing starting lists for Doeberl 2012( Premier division) and SIO 2012 you can see that in Canberra---21 Victorians have participated( 7 in top 30) and in Sydney only 6 Victorians played with current Victorian Champion Bobby Cheng being the only one in top 30...

In my humble opinion SIO 2012 website is looking great with 8 DGT boards operating plus chat.Well done guys!!

Garrett
14-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Tournament is great.

Ian Rogers is doing live commentary again which is fantastic.

There have been some interesting games.

Parramatta now has more markets and stuff going on in the town square just outside the venue. Today there is live music there as well.

The shifty pub around the corner is no more which is better for safety.

The weather is good.

Very multi-cultural, I've eaten turkish, mayan, sicilian, chinese, irish in the last couple of days.

All up it's all good !

Cheers
Garrett.

Watto
14-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Canberra is the traditional place for Easter chess gathering for the last 50 years. Many players are finding too hard to participate in two tournaments in a row for many reasons.
I think that's a big part of the reason for the discrepancy in numbers. This year was the 50th Doeberl which made it especially attractive.

In my humble opinion SIO 2012 website is looking great with 8 DGT boards operating plus chat.Well done guys!!
Yes, it's an excellent site and 8 DGT boards is superb. :clap:

jammo
14-04-2012, 04:15 PM

Agreed! Where are the game files? Canberra was very slow (still waiting on rd 9) but Sydney has none! Someone is letting down the team....

ER
14-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Spent most of the day cruising beaches today! Yesterday I had some time to drop in the venue and see some games and people!
I met the Zelescos, Mrs Illinworth, Garret, Hamish, the Jack family, the Dales, the Lohs, Johny Bolens - he was watching top board games and of course Adamski fulfilling my promise for our meeting!
I left Svetozar for last! I cought up with him in the afternoon since he had a bye in the morning! He is very tired and his phycical condition reflects on his not so solid performance here! He actually had to drive from Canberra to Melbourne and then from Melbourne to Parramatta with practically only one night's rest.
Svetozar is a very fine player and we haven't seen the best of him yet. However, having spent quite a while from actual chess playing due to overseas trips and business affected his performance in Sydney.
I am sure that when he settles down he will be amongst the best where he belongs!
Good luck for the last two rounds Svetozar, see you in Melbourne!

kibitzer
14-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Agree the site looks very glitzy and the commentary feature is nice, but no photos, videos or pgn files? I'd much rather see a crappy old site with downloadable games than a flashy site without them - isn't it all about the games after all?

Kevin Bonham
15-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Was asked about norms - provisionally (and again doing this while very tired so mistakes are possible) I get the following:

Zeng Chongseng GM norm if he draws with black against Khamparia
Dennis Ovcina IM norm if he wins with white against Illingworth

And I get that Gene Nakauchi does not get an IM norm if he draws with black against Horvath, but only because he has played six AUS players but the maximum allowed is five.

Can't find any others. Corrections welcome.

Garrett
15-04-2012, 07:15 AM
And I get that Gene Nakauchi does not get an IM norm if he draws with black against Horvath, but only because he has played six AUS players but the maximum allowed is five.

Still a great performance from Gene (chess-results has it over 2400) just when I thought the other young Queenslanders Brodie and Yi were pulling out in front of him !!

cheers
Garrett.

Leonid Sandler
15-04-2012, 07:57 AM
Was asked about norms - provisionally (and again doing this while very tired so mistakes are possible) I get the following:

Dennis Ovcina IM norm if he wins with white against Illingworth

Can't find any others. Corrections welcome.

Thanks for your research Kevin.No norms for Australian players---it's a pity.

Good to see Stephen Solomon doing exceptionally well and hopefully will have a crack on one of the leaders.

Best of luck to our players in the last round!

Vlad
15-04-2012, 09:02 AM

That is incorrect. This rule does not apply because there are enough titled foreigners in the competition. I am not sure if draw is enough though. Did you do the math?

Vlad
15-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Yes, it is. His average is 2325.7, while it is required 2325. So if Gene draws he gets a norm.

Kevin Bonham
15-04-2012, 11:34 AM
That is incorrect. This rule does not apply because there are enough titled foreigners in the competition.

Thanks, that's good to know. For those wondering the exact rule is:

"*The regulations regarding mix of federations as in the boxes marked * are waived if the event is a Swiss System tournament in which the competitors include at least 20 FIDE Rated players, not from the host federation, from at least 3 federations, at least 10 of whom hold GM, IM, WGM or WIM titles."

which means a draw is enough (I did do the maths and got the same result as you did.)

Kevin Bonham
15-04-2012, 02:59 PM

He overkilled the norm requirement by beating Khamparia but was the only norm-getter as Ovcina and Nakauchi both went down.

Garrett
15-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Well done to the organisers.

A fantastic event.

Cheers
Garrett.

peter_parr
17-04-2012, 01:03 PM
See report in SMH (http://www.chessdiscountsales.com/news/2012.htm)

Bill Gletsos
17-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Sydney international Open

No Name Feder Rtg Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

1 Vajda, Levente OS 2597 7.5 20:W 21:W 11:W 18:W 10:W 2:D 4:D 5:D 9:W
2 Czebe, Attila OS 2477 7 34:W 30:W 14:D 24:W 3:W 1:D 6:W 9:D 5:D
3 Zeng, Chongzeng OS 2435 7 65:W 33:W 13:W 6:W 2:L 14:D 17:W 4:D 19:W
4 Szabo, Gergely-Andras-Gyula OS 2553 6.5 44:D 35:W 16:D 23:W 18:W 10:W 1:D 3:D 8:D
5 Sengupta, Deep OS 2572 2480 6.5 47:W 18:L 32:W 25:W 9:D 21:W 7:W 1:D 2:D
6 Horvath, Adam OS 2487 6.5 55:W 25:W 9:W 3:L 30:W 7:D 2:L 33:W 15:W
7 Lane, Gary W NSW 2368 2418 6.5 42:W 40:W 26:D 19:W 14:D 6:D 5:L 20:W 17:W
8 Cheng, Bobby VIC 2344 2362 6.5 16:D 44:W 24:L 46:W 55:W 11:D 30:W 23:W 4:D
9 Solomon, Stephen J QLD 2375 2400 6 46:W 15:W 6:L 20:W 5:D 16:W 14:W 2:D 1:L
10 Rathnakaran, Kantholi OS 2410 2434 6 39:W 45:W 23:W 26:W 1:L 4:L 15:D 25:D 29:W
11 Ly, Moulthun QLD 2402 2436 6 62:W 31:W 1:L 15:D 38:W 8:D 18:W 17:L 25:W
12 Illingworth, Max NSW 2352 2407 6 51:W 24:D 37:W 14:L 16:L 28:D 44:W 45:W 23:W
13 Yang, Kaiqi OS 2360 6 61:W 43:W 3:L 31:L 48:W 23:L 28:W 30:W 24:W
14 Ikeda, Junta ACT 2373 2423 5.5 22:W 28:W 2:D 12:W 7:D 3:D 9:L 15:L 41:W
15 Nakauchi, Gene QLD 2127 2205 5.5 60:W 9:L 43:W 11:D 26:W 27:D 10:D 14:W 6:L
16 Bai, Jinshi OS 2231 5.5 8:D 58:W 4:D 17:D 12:W 9:L 31:W 19:L 34:W
17 Karthikeyan, Pandian OS 2414 5.5 63:W 23:L 34:W 16:D 24:+ 31:W 3:L 11:W 7:L
18 Kumar, Praveen OS 2343 5.5 53:W 5:W 27:W 1:L 4:L 45:W 11:L 32:D 31:W
19 Khamparia, Akshat OS 2411 2419 5.5 49:W 32:D 36:W 7:L 31:D 25:D 26:W 16:W 3:L
20 Chen, Pengyu NSW 2056 2052 5.5 1:L 56:W 72:W 9:L 61:W 29:W 21:D 7:L 33:W
21 Sukandar, Irine Kharisma OS 2349 2346 5.5 56:W 1:L 57:W 55:D 44:W 5:L 20:D 41:D 32:W
22 Ruan, Jack NSW 1978 2020 5.5 14:L 68:W 33:D 45:D 37:W 30:L 34:D 35:W 36:W
23 Ovcina, Denis OS 2220 2271 5 72:W 17:W 10:L 4:L 62:W 13:W 27:W 8:L 12:L
24 Nazari, Satar OS 2071 5 66:W 12:D 8:W 2:L 17:- 26:D 37:W 40:W 13:L
25 Rej, Tomek NSW 2265 2307 5 52:W 6:L 39:W 5:L 49:W 19:D 40:W 10:D 11:L
26 Smirnov, Vladimir NSW 2416 2442 5 57:W 41:W 7:D 10:L 15:L 24:D 19:L 63:W 52:W
27 Xie, George NSW 2456 2466 5 48:W 36:D 18:L 28:W 32:W 15:D 23:L 29:L 44:W
28 Broekhuyse, Paul NSW 2068 2027 5 73:W 14:L 35:D 27:L 50:W 12:D 13:L 49:W 45:W
29 Chan, Yi Ren Daniel OS 2342 5 35:L 64:W 49:L 51:W 34:W 20:L 63:W 27:W 10:L
30 Scharrer, Patrick OS 2283 2288 4.5 74:W 2:L 62:W 49:W 6:L 22:W 8:L 13:L 39:D
31 Liu, Yi QLD 2116 2226 4.5 68:W 11:L 51:W 13:W 19:D 17:L 16:L 50:W 18:L
32 Wei, Michael ACT 2130 2166 4.5 70:W 19:D 5:L 42:W 27:L 35:D 46:W 18:D 21:L
33 Smith, Robert W OS 2262 2272 4.5 67:W 3:L 22:D 47:D 57:D 69:W 36:W 6:L 20:L
34 Dale, Ari VIC 2020 1999 4.5 2:L 74:W 17:L 43:W 29:L 61:W 22:D 57:W 16:L
35 Perera, Pasan NSW 1931 1929 4.5 29:W 4:L 28:D 38:L 59:W 32:D 47:D 22:L 57:W
36 Li, Zuhao (Luke) OS 2170 2113 4.5 54:W 27:D 19:L 44:L 39:W 55:W 33:L 51:W 22:L
37 Smirnov, Anton NSW 2151 2190 4.5 58:D 38:W 12:L 48:D 22:L 57:W 24:L 53:D 56:W
38 Camer, Angelito NSW 2072 2050 4.5 64:D 37:L 50:W 35:W 11:L 46:D 56:D 52:D 42:D
39 Stead, Kerry VIC 2000 1982 4.5 10:L 59:W 25:L 73:W 36:L 48:W 45:L 55:W 30:D
40 Jones, Brian A NSW 2076 2083 4.5 75:W 7:L 67:D 61:D 56:D 47:W 25:L 24:L 60:W
41 Mandla, Blair NSW 2149 2177 4.5 69:W 26:L 46:L 67:D 58:W 44:D 49:W 21:D 14:L
42 Wang, Oscar NSW 1978 1998 4.5 7:L 75:D 58:W 32:L 69:L 59:D 72:W 47:W 38:D
43 Champion, Patrick NSW 1962 1937 4.5 71:W 13:L 15:L 34:L 54:D 70:L 74:W 64:W 59:W
44 Safarian, Alek NSW 2036 2057 4 4:D 8:L 75:W 36:W 21:L 41:D 12:L 66:W 27:L
45 Hu, Jason NSW 2132 2229 4 59:W 10:L 61:D 22:D 67:W 18:L 39:W 12:L 28:L
46 Lester, George E QLD 1990 1994 4 9:L 60:W 41:W 8:L 47:D 38:D 32:L 48:D 53:D
47 Zelesco, Karl VIC 2048 2156 4 5:L 50:D 52:W 33:D 46:D 40:L 35:D 42:L 67:W
48 Guo, Emma ACT 2019 2107 4 27:L 52:D 64:W 37:D 13:L 39:L 67:W 46:D 50:D
49 Stuart, Peter OS 2006 2116 4 19:L 69:W 29:W 30:L 25:L 72:W 41:L 28:L 66:W
50 Ng, Clive NSW 1942 1936 4 0:L 47:D 38:L 72:W 28:L 75:W 62:W 31:L 48:D
51 Cabilin, Jeff NSW 1976 1904 4 12:L 66:W 31:L 29:L 60:D 58:W 69:W 36:L 54:D
52 Selnes, Hamish QLD 1912 1847 4 25:L 48:D 47:L 66:D 73:W 62:D 60:W 38:D 26:L
53 Descallar, Levi NSW 1937 1835 4 18:L 55:L 60:D 59:L 66:D 71:W 68:W 37:D 46:D
54 Tionko, Efrain VIC 1876 1819 4 36:L 57:L 66:D 75:D 43:D 60:L 58:W 69:W 51:D
55 Marner, Gavin OS 2026 1965 3.5 6:L 53:W 71:W 21:D 8:L 36:L 66:D 39:L 62:D
56 Yu, Sally VIC 1960 1917 3.5 21:L 20:L 70:W 65:W 40:D 0:D 38:D 0:L 37:L
57 Boos, Olivier OS 2010 3.5 26:L 54:W 21:L 74:W 33:D 37:L 70:W 34:L 35:L
58 Ruan, Harry NSW 1870 1880 3.5 37:D 16:L 42:L 64:W 41:L 51:L 54:L 0:W 71:W
59 Loh, Zachary VIC 1833 1836 3.5 45:L 39:L 63:D 53:W 35:L 42:D 61:W 62:D 43:L
60 Cekulis, Maris QLD 1799 1723 3.5 15:L 46:L 53:D 63:D 51:D 54:W 52:L 70:W 40:L
61 Bennett, Hilton OS 1976 1992 3.5 13:L 73:W 45:D 40:D 20:L 34:L 59:L 68:W 63:D
62 Milligan, Helen OS 1991 1935 3.5 11:L 70:W 30:L 71:W 23:L 52:D 50:L 59:D 55:D
63 Ilic, Ilija NSW 2007 1919 3.5 17:L 72:L 59:D 60:D 68:W 67:W 29:L 26:L 61:D
64 Louie, Ryan QLD 1759 1869 3.5 38:D 29:L 48:L 58:L 70:L 73:W 0:W 43:L 69:W
65 Stojic, Svetozar VIC 2011 1998 3.5 3:L 67:L 69:L 56:L 0:W 68:L 71:D 73:W 70:W
66 Vuglar, Shanon ACT 1709 1602 3 24:L 51:L 54:D 52:D 53:D 74:W 55:D 44:L 49:L
67 Gu, Sean NSW 1890 1954 3 33:L 65:W 40:D 41:D 45:L 63:L 48:L 72:W 47:L
68 Brown, Kevin M VIC 1764 1732 3 31:L 22:L 74:L 0:W 63:L 65:W 53:L 61:L 72:W
69 Rachmadi, Herman NSW 1840 1736 2.5 41:L 49:L 65:W 70:D 42:W 33:L 51:L 54:L 64:L
70 Wan, Dennis NSW 1805 1744 2.5 32:L 62:L 56:L 69:D 64:W 43:W 57:L 60:L 65:L
71 Gayake, Yogesh OS 2.5 43:L 0:W 55:L 62:L 72:L 53:L 65:D 74:W 58:L
72 Gerges, Fady NSW 1878 1817 2 23:L 63:W 20:L 50:L 71:W 49:L 42:L 67:L 68:L
73 Brockman, Roland VIC 1700 1575 2 28:L 61:L 0:W 39:L 52:L 64:L 75:D 65:L 74:D
74 Schoenbaechler, Remo OS 1922 2 30:L 34:L 68:W 57:L 75:D 66:L 43:L 71:L 73:D
75 Buciu, Aurel-John QLD 1762 1633 2 40:L 42:D 44:L 54:D 74:D 50:L 73:D 0: 0:
76 Encel, Benjamin NSW 1881 1865 0 0:L 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0: 0:

Bill Gletsos
17-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Sydney International Challengers

No Name Feder Rtg Loc Total 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

1 Lovejoy, David QLD 1944 1857 7.5 43:W 53:W 13:W 14:D 3:W 7:W 8:W 4:W 2:L
2 Mallari, Donato NSW 1921 1876 7.5 31:D 41:W 4:L 33:W 25:W 5:W 3:W 7:W 1:W
3 Rewais, Sarwat NSW 1939 1807 6.5 27:W 59:W 23:W 21:W 1:L 4:W 2:L 8:W 5:D
4 Hassani, Arif NSW 1584 6.5 48:W 55:W 2:W 7:D 12:W 3:L 21:W 1:L 19:W
5 Coy, Rupert NSW 1654 6.5 61:W 57:W 7:L 6:W 30:W 2:L 24:W 22:W 3:D
6 Guo, Jamie-Lee ACT 1720 1551 6.5 64:W 21:L 58:W 5:L 38:W 9:W 19:D 13:W 16:W
7 Christensen, Joshua NSW 1862 1809 6 50:W 54:W 5:W 4:D 14:W 1:L 16:W 2:L 10:D
8 Weller, Tony QLD 1883 1794 6 56:W 40:D 15:D 22:W 17:W 13:W 1:L 3:L 12:W
9 Chibnall, Alana NSW 1833 1763 6 11:D 24:L 10:D 20:W 59:W 6:L 29:W 40:W 22:W
10 Willathgamuwa, Rowan NSW 1629 1403 6 12:L 62:D 9:D 57:W 55:W 53:W 15:D 18:W 7:D
11 Halpin, Luke NSW 1410 6 9:D 22:L 49:W 40:D 53:L 64:W 42:W 24:W 21:W
12 Parker, Trent NSW 1804 1726 5.5 10:W 45:W 21:D 25:W 4:L 16:L 50:W 23:W 8:L
13 Glissan, Paul NSW 1835 1760 5.5 38:W 36:W 1:L 53:W 15:W 8:L 23:D 6:L 28:W
14 Zoud, Badar NSW 1943 1766 5.5 0:W 17:W 29:W 1:D 7:L 18:W 0:L 16:L 33:W
15 Lane, Clive D NSW 1685 1640 5.5 30:D 52:W 8:D 59:W 13:L 17:W 10:D 32:D 23:D
16 Jack, Martin QLD 1738 1642 5.5 36:L 49:W 56:W 42:W 22:D 12:W 7:L 14:W 6:L
17 Stewart, Matthew NSW 1484 5.5 37:W 14:L 44:W 23:W 8:L 15:L 30:D 48:W 39:W
18 Crossman, Tom NSW 1652 5.5 25:D 30:L 41:W 28:W 54:W 14:L 34:W 10:L 31:W
19 Puccini, Jack VIC 1752 1653 5.5 58:L 44:W 45:W 54:D 43:W 21:D 6:D 31:W 4:L
20 Robinson, Andrew NSW 1243 5.5 28:W 29:L 42:L 9:L 62:W 51:W 35:W 25:D 32:W
21 Voon, Richard VIC 1906 1852 5 51:W 6:W 12:D 3:L 29:W 19:D 4:L 43:W 11:L
22 Zulkifli, Mat-Arif NSW 1817 1662 5 52:D 11:W 24:W 8:L 16:D 35:W 40:W 5:L 9:L
23 Dutta, Rishi NSW 1606 5 26:W 34:W 3:L 17:L 51:W 28:W 13:D 12:L 15:D
24 Mithran, Mirakla NSW 1658 1565 5 49:D 9:W 22:L 26:D 56:W 30:W 5:L 11:L 46:W
25 Baterowicz, Mark NSW 1775 1646 5 18:D 31:W 40:W 12:L 2:L 34:L 41:W 20:D 43:W
26 Louie, Jared QLD 1331 5 23:L 63:W 35:D 24:D 40:L 55:W 28:D 29:D 50:W
27 Zwart, Johan NSW 5 3:L 38:W 28:L 41:L 45:W 36:D 54:D 60:W 40:W
28 Willathgamuwa, Kevin NSW 1587 1474 4.5 20:L 65:W 27:W 18:L 37:W 23:L 26:D 34:W 13:L
29 Egan, Bill ACT 1733 1584 4.5 47:W 20:W 14:L 43:D 21:L 33:W 9:L 26:D 38:D
30 Dale, Finley VIC 1623 1336 4.5 15:D 18:W 32:D 60:W 5:L 24:L 17:D 33:L 49:W
31 Han, Denny SA 1439 4.5 2:D 25:L 52:W 32:L 41:W 59:W 39:W 19:L 18:L
32 Perkovic, Matthew NSW 1686 4.5 41:D 0:D 30:D 31:W 35:D 40:L 37:W 15:D 20:L
33 Han, Eddie SA 1684 1479 4.5 55:L 48:W 34:D 2:L 49:W 29:L 36:W 30:W 14:L
34 Gurunathan, Karthik QLD 865 4.5 63:W 23:L 33:D 35:L 52:W 25:W 18:L 28:L 55:W
35 Adams, Jonathan NSW 1545 4.5 57:L 61:W 26:D 34:W 32:D 22:L 20:L 56:W 37:D
36 Jeffreys, Roger W NSW 1348 4.5 16:W 13:L 53:L 37:L 46:W 27:D 33:L 59:W 48:W
37 Palmer, Brian NSW 4.5 17:L 56:L 61:W 36:W 28:L 38:W 32:L 54:W 35:D
38 Roche, Stephen NSW 1701 1410 4.5 13:L 27:L 65:W 44:W 6:L 37:L 64:W 55:W 29:D
39 Jahan Bakhshi, Alamdar NSW 4.5 54:L 50:W 59:L 58:W 42:D 60:W 31:L 53:W 17:L
40 Dickson, Ian C NSW 1802 1540 4 46:W 8:D 25:L 11:D 26:W 32:W 22:L 9:L 27:L
41 Christian, Kashish NSW 1733 1400 4 32:D 2:L 18:L 27:W 31:L 49:W 25:L 44:D 59:W
42 Ibrahim, Victor NSW 1528 4 44:L 47:W 20:W 16:L 39:D 43:D 11:L 46:L 57:W
43 Aisa, Mario NT 1427 4 1:L 64:W 55:W 29:D 19:L 42:D 53:W 21:L 25:L
44 Ahmed, Hammad OS 4 42:W 19:L 17:L 38:L 65:W 56:L 51:D 41:D 54:W
45 Fernandez, Nick NSW 1234 4 60:W 12:L 19:L 55:L 27:L 57:W 59:D 52:D 56:W
46 Mithran, Mishael NSW 939 4 40:L 51:W 60:L 56:L 36:L 65:W 63:W 42:W 24:L
47 Farrell, Keith R NSW 1329 4 29:L 42:L 51:L 48:D 57:W 58:D 55:L 64:W 53:W
48 Li, Simon NSW 1323 3.5 4:L 33:L 50:L 47:D 0:W 61:W 60:W 17:L 36:L
49 Childs, Stephen NSW 1228 3.5 24:D 16:L 11:L 63:W 33:L 41:L 61:W 51:W 30:L
50 Duckworth, Terry NSW 1424 3.5 7:L 39:L 48:W 62:W 60:D 54:W 12:L 0:L 26:L
51 Tracey, Michael J NSW 1691 1425 3.5 21:L 46:L 47:W 64:W 23:L 20:L 44:D 49:L 61:W
52 Weltner, Michael NSW 1383 3.5 22:D 15:L 31:L 61:D 34:L 62:D 58:D 45:D 60:W
53 Greenwood, Norman NSW 1752 1560 3 65:W 1:L 36:W 13:L 11:W 10:L 43:L 39:L 47:L
54 Beahan, Patrick NSW 1835 1484 3 39:W 7:L 57:W 19:D 18:L 50:L 27:D 37:L 44:L
55 Patterson, Philip NSW 1541 3 33:W 4:L 43:L 45:W 10:L 26:L 47:W 38:L 34:L
56 Case, Ivan NSW 1423 3 8:L 37:W 16:L 46:W 24:L 44:W 0:L 35:L 45:L
57 Accola, Tom NSW 944 3 35:W 5:L 54:L 10:L 47:L 45:L 0:W 65:W 42:L
58 Wilkie, Mary E NSW 1351 3 19:W 60:L 6:L 39:L 64:L 47:D 52:D 63:L 65:W
59 Edwards, Greig NSW 1472 2.5 62:W 3:L 39:W 15:L 9:L 31:L 45:D 36:L 41:L
60 Mitchell, Robert S OS 1684 1579 2.5 45:L 58:W 46:W 30:L 50:D 39:L 48:L 27:L 52:L
61 Shaw, Ralph NSW 1684 1372 2.5 5:L 35:L 37:L 52:D 63:W 48:L 49:L 62:W 51:L
62 Tran, Philipp QLD 969 2.5 59:L 10:D 63:D 50:L 20:L 52:D 65:L 61:L 64:W
63 Bleicher, Horst NSW 1742 1532 2.5 34:L 26:L 62:D 49:L 61:L 0:W 46:L 58:W 0:
64 McInnes, Peter NSW 984 2 6:L 43:L 0:W 51:L 58:W 11:L 38:L 47:L 62:L
65 Sewell, Bob NSW 1506 1124 2 53:L 28:L 38:L 0:W 44:L 46:L 62:W 57:L 58:L

peter_parr
18-04-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.chessdiscountsales.com/XSIO2012.JPG

ER
18-04-2012, 02:22 PM
C'mon Jak, at least one of our Chatters is from BB ;)

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/jak_jak1/100_0211.jpg

Oh did you mean him? He, actually, used the "doin' some work now, catching a wave later" line!

peter_parr
23-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Final Report.
See SMH (http://www.chessdiscountsales.com/news/2012.htm)

siow, weng nian
23-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Update on the WYCO U16 Fundraising Dinner posted on my blog: seehere (http://australian-junior-youth-chess.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/world-youth-chess-olympiad-u16.html).

Thanks all!

ER
23-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Update on the WYCO U16 Fundraising Dinner posted on my blog: seehere (http://australian-junior-youth-chess.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/world-youth-chess-olympiad-u16.html).

Thanks all!

Just great Siow, Weng Nian! Thanks for the info as well as providing info about your blog which I found a very interesting chess site!:clap: Keep up the good work!

Garrett
29-04-2012, 04:43 PM
This tournament has now been rated by FIDE with the calculations at the FIDE website.

cheers
Garrett

Adamski
01-05-2012, 12:19 AM
This tournament has now been rated by FIDE with the calculations at the FIDE website.

cheers
Garrett
How cool. The site predicts for me a first FIDE rating of 1793. Much better than my ACF one!